Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
2. What special talent does Sam Broadbent possess ?
3. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
4. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
5. What does he have to do to the animals?
Essay Topic 1
Through out the book, Herriot shows an uncanny ability to diagnose problems with animals. List several examples of this ability. He also has at least one instance when he makes a wrong diagnosis; summarize this occurrence, then explain some of the difficulties a vet faces in deciding what is wrong with an animal.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dr. Farnon with James Herriot. Discuss both professional and personal areas where they are alike and different. Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
List 5 characters you liked in the book and 5 characters you disliked. Explain your choices and use examples from the book to support your opinions.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)