|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he have to do to the animals?
2. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
3. Who is Tip?
4. Where do they go to eat?
5. What is the family name of the cattle farmers who are four brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what it means for a horse to founder.
2. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
3. The Austin has not had brakes in weeks. What convinces Dr. Farnon to have the brakes fixed?
4. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
5. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
6. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
7. Why do you think Herriot wants to take Helen to a movie about the Scots?
8. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
9. What does it mean to float a horses teeth?
10. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dr. Farnon with James Herriot. Discuss both professional and personal areas where they are alike and different. Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Tavener family and the Alton family in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine and explain the qualities you think Dr. Farnon saw in Herriot that caused him to make Herriot a partner.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)