Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
2. What special talent does Sam Broadbent possess ?
3. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
4. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
5. What does he have to do to the animals?
Essay Topic 1
Herroit is a veterinarian in a rural community in the mid 1900's. Explain some of the challenges farmers faced in those days and how that differs from problems we face in the more urban or suburban lifestyle that most of us live today.
Essay Topic 2
Examine and explain the qualities you think Dr. Farnon saw in Herriot that caused him to make Herriot a partner.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the circumstances in and around the story of Herriot and the butcher. What lesson do you think Herriot was trying to teach the butcher? Do you think he did a good job of teaching that lesson? Explain your answers.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)