Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
3. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
4. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
5. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
2. Briefly explain the compelling episode with the farmer named Watson.
3. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
4. Chapter 11 deals with what kind of relationship?
5. In chapter 21, Tristan is given a very tough assignment. What is the task and what do you think it says about Dr. Farnon?
6. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
7. How would you describe Herriot?
8. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
9. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
10. Herriot is from the city. What does chapter 10 show us about the difference between the way rural folk approach life and how urban residents approach life?
Essay Topic 1
Write a summary of the events that led to Helen and James Herriot's marriage. Were you surprised that they finally did get married? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Herriot shows much knowledge of veterinary medicine, as well as much intuition throughout the book. Which do you think is more important to his practice? Explain your choice.
Essay Topic 3
Examine and explain the qualities you think Dr. Farnon saw in Herriot that caused him to make Herriot a partner.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)