|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
2. Dr. Farnon wants the practice to be more professional so he breaks out what new item?
3. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
4. What is the central issue that Dr. Farnon raises in this confrontation?
5. Dr. Farnon has to do surgery on a cow that has what problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unpleasant task does Herriot deal with in chapter 25?
2. How do the events in chapter 37 reflect Dr. Farnon's lack of consistentcy?
3. Who is Miss Harbottle and why does she get upset with Dr. Farnon?
4. Ticki Woo shows up in chapter 13 and reappears later in the book. Why do you think Herriot includes accounts of Ticki Woo and its owner?
5. What trait do you think is revealed about Dr. Farnon in chapter 27. Briefly explain your answer.
6. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
7. How does Herriot astound Phin Calvert with his treatments?
8. In Chapter 6 what does Dr. Farnon do in support of Herriot?
9. Briefly explain the compelling episode with the farmer named Watson.
10. How does Herriot stand up for what is right in chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Herriot shows much knowledge of veterinary medicine, as well as much intuition throughout the book. Which do you think is more important to his practice? Explain your choice.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Tavener family and the Alton family in this book.
Essay Topic 3
The book contains several examples of anecdotes that shows that laughter and comedy as a part of Herriot's life. Site several of these anecdotes and explain why laughing would be an important element of a veterinarian's life.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)