Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
3. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
4. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
5. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
2. Briefly explain the compelling episode with the farmer named Watson.
3. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
4. Chapter 11 deals with what kind of relationship?
5. In chapter 21, Tristan is given a very tough assignment. What is the task and what do you think it says about Dr. Farnon?
6. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
7. How would you describe Herriot?
8. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
9. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
10. Herriot is from the city. What does chapter 10 show us about the difference between the way rural folk approach life and how urban residents approach life?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the circumstances in and around the story of Herriot and the butcher. What lesson do you think Herriot was trying to teach the butcher? Do you think he did a good job of teaching that lesson? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Briefly recount the story of Herriot, Angus Grier, and Mrs. Mallard. Why do you think Herriot was so shocked and upset about the discovery he made of Dr. Grier's and Mrs. Mallard's relationship?
Essay Topic 3
In one chapter, Herriot has to put down an older lady's dog. Herriot calms her fears by talking with her about the afterlife of animals. What does he tell her that gives her some comfort? Do you agree with his statements? Whether or not you believe animals have souls, do you think it is right for humans to end the lives of animals? Is it never appropriate? Always appropriate? Or does it depend upon the circumstances?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)