|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Connie?
(a) Miss Harbottle
(b) Herriot's date for a dance
(c) Herriot's sister
(d) Helen's sister
2. Where are the cattle's identifying tattoos located?
(a) on their front shoulders
(b) on their ears
(c) on their bellies
(d) on their hips
3. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
(a) an award winning show dog
(b) a whole flock of sheep
(c) a registered stallion
(d) a prize Shorthorn cow
4. Who is Tip?
(a) a farmer's dog who gets stuck in a well
(b) a farmer's dog who sleeps on the front step
(c) a farmer's dog who is very mistreated
(d) a farmer's dog who bites Herriot's leg
5. On another occasion when a farmer faints, Herriot leaves the farmer's change on a pail, how much does the farmer say he is short?
(a) 10 shillings
(b) 1 pound
(c) 1 mil
(d) a shilling
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
2. Why does Herriot go to Mr. Kay's farm ?
3. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
4. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
5. What is wrong with the animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important character is introduced in chapter 40 and how does Herriot meet this person?
2. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
3. What important event happens in chapter 48? How does Herriot feel about this event?
4. List four things Herriot tells us about Tim Alton.
5. Dr. Farnon has many problems, but he has one that seems to be the worst. What is it, and has he done anything to try and solve it?
6. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
7. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
8. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
9. How does Herriot save the Rudd's cow?
10. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)