|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Angus Grier
(d) Dr. Farnon
2. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
(a) his cane
(b) his car keys
(c) his hat
(d) his doctor's bag
3. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
(a) a car
(b) some bad meat
(d) a bone saw
4. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
(a) he tells Herriot to fix it
(b) Tristan is supposed to fix it
(c) Herriot doesn't tell him about it
(d) he just doesn't get around to it
5. How many dogs and cats does Miss Stubbs have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herriot have to borrow shoes from?
2. After "bleeding" the animal, what does Dr. Farnon prescribe?
3. What happens to Miss Stubbs' dog, Ben?
4. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
5. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what it means for a horse to founder.
2. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
3. What important event happens in chapter 48? How does Herriot feel about this event?
4. Dr. Farnon has many problems, but he has one that seems to be the worst. What is it, and has he done anything to try and solve it?
5. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
6. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
7. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
8. What important character is introduced in chapter 40 and how does Herriot meet this person?
9. What happens when Herriot responds to a call in the middle of a snowstorm?
10. What is reason Herriot joins the music society and what is the result?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)