|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herriot is treating a sick calf, what is the diagnosis?
(b) milk fever
(d) lead poisoning
2. What ultimately happens to the Rudd's animal in chapter 54?
(a) it makes a full recovery
(b) it must be put down
(c) it dies during the night
(d) it dies while Herriot is working on it
3. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(b) he falls asleep and runs off the road
(c) he is sideswiped by another car
(d) he hits a parked truck
4. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(b) Angus Grier
(c) Dr. Farnon
5. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
(a) a rubber ball
(b) a nail
(c) a wire
(d) a poisonous plant
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
2. How many dogs and cats does Miss Stubbs have?
3. Who is Dick Rudd?
4. What kind of animal does Dr. Farnon treat for a Gypsy family?
5. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
2. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
3. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
4. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
5. What would be the major drawback to Dr. Farnon being the lead veterinarian at the racetrack?
6. What major mistake does Herriot make early on when he is inspecting for tuberculosis?
7. What seems to upset Miss Stubbs about her impending death, and what does Herriot tell her that seems to give her comfort?
8. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
9. The Austin has not had brakes in weeks. What convinces Dr. Farnon to have the brakes fixed?
10. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)