|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Connie?
(a) Miss Harbottle
(b) Herriot's date for a dance
(c) Herriot's sister
(d) Helen's sister
2. What problem does Dr. Farnon have with the local butcher?
(a) he won't pay his bill
(b) he has complained about Herriot
(c) he has overcharged Dr. Farnon for some sausage
(d) he sales bad meat
3. On another occasion when a farmer faints, Herriot leaves the farmer's change on a pail, how much does the farmer say he is short?
(a) 10 shillings
(b) 1 pound
(c) a shilling
(d) 1 mil
4. What does Dr. Farnon have a chance to do while at the horsetrack?
(a) eat at a very exclusive restaurant
(b) meet with the governor of Yorkshire
(c) ride in a Rolls Royce
(d) help the veterinarian with a horse that is down
5. What major event happens in Herriot's life in this final chapter?
(a) Dr. Farnon dies
(b) he finally buys his own place
(c) he marries Helen
(d) he starts his own practice
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the animal?
2. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
3. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
4. Who tries to help Herriot with his diagnosis?
5. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)