|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Dan?
(b) a broken leg
(c) something in his stomach
(d) a dislocated hip
2. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
3. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
(a) I love you
(b) next time
(c) will you come in
(d) please hold my hand
4. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
(a) a high fever
(b) a broken leg
(c) a bone in its throat
(d) a rubber ball in its stomach
5. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) he hits a parked truck
(b) he is sideswiped by another car
(c) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(d) he falls asleep and runs off the road
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
2. Why does Tristan end up driving the Austin?
3. What kind of animal does Dr. Farnon treat for a Gypsy family?
4. What happens to Herriot?
5. What activity to Denham and Herriot share in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Herriot wants to take Helen to a movie about the Scots?
2. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
3. Briefly describe Herriot's encounter with a Great Dane.
4. List four things Herriot tells us about Tim Alton.
5. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
6. The Rudd's are a large, poor farming family. What does Herriot discover about how they have enough for everyone at mealtime?
7. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
8. Dr. Farnon has many problems, but he has one that seems to be the worst. What is it, and has he done anything to try and solve it?
9. What major mistake does Herriot make early on when he is inspecting for tuberculosis?
10. How does Herriot save the Rudd's cow?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)