|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annual work-related event is taking place in this chapter?
(a) tuberculosis tests are done
(b) the time when lambs are born
(c) the time when piglets are born
(d) the start of horse racing season
2. While he is at the Alderson home, what does Herriot ask Mr. Alderson?
(a) if he can buy his car
(b) if he can take Helen to London
(c) if he can go to work on his farm
(d) if he can marry Helen
3. What does Dr. Farnon convince Herriot to do?
(a) take over the practice
(b) buy the Austin
(c) begin to mentor Tristan
(d) ask Helen to marry him (Herriot)
4. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
(a) his doctor's bag
(b) his hat
(c) his cane
(d) his car keys
5. What happens to Connie and Herriot?
(a) they get drunk and fall in the mud
(b) they have a car wreck
(c) they get lost walking a night
(d) they are caught in a terrible thunderstorm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
2. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
3. After "bleeding" the animal, what does Dr. Farnon prescribe?
4. Who are the Altons?
5. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Austin has not had brakes in weeks. What convinces Dr. Farnon to have the brakes fixed?
2. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
3. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
4. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
5. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
6. What is reason Herriot joins the music society and what is the result?
7. What important character is introduced in chapter 40 and how does Herriot meet this person?
8. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
9. Do you think Herriot has a problem with farmer Sidlow? Why or why not?
10. Why do you think Herriot wants to take Helen to a movie about the Scots?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)