|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joke does a farmer play on Herriot?
(a) has him try to catch some wild cattle
(b) has him check out a mean cow
(c) has him check the udders on a bull
(d) has him check out a sheep that is really a goat
2. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
(a) he put on some women's purfume
(b) he took a bath in Mrs. Hall's bath salts
(c) he was wearing Mrs. Hall's coat
(d) he spent all day in a meadow with flowers
3. What problem does Herriot help the butcher solve?
(a) how to tell if meat is tainted
(b) how to get his car running
(c) how to pay his bill to Dr. Farnon
(d) the birth of twin calves
4. What special talent does Sam Broadbent possess ?
(a) he can sound like a fly
(b) he can run really fast
(c) he can ride a horse really well
(d) he can whistle loudly
5. What happens to Herriot?
(a) he gets lost while walking in the blizzard
(b) he and Tristan have a fight
(c) he goes back to Helen's house and spends the night
(d) he sleeps in the Austin overnight
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
2. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
3. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
4. What is wrong with the animal?
5. How is farmer Sidlow described?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)