|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
(a) he just doesn't get around to it
(b) Tristan is supposed to fix it
(c) Herriot doesn't tell him about it
(d) he tells Herriot to fix it
2. What does he have to do to the animals?
(a) worm them
(b) give them shots
(c) float their teeth
(d) trim their hooves
3. How is farmer Sidlow described?
(a) someone who waits too long to call the vet
(b) someone that Herriot learns to love in short order
(c) someone who is mean to his kids
(d) someone who takes special care of his animals
4. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) he is sideswiped by another car
(b) he hits a parked truck
(c) he falls asleep and runs off the road
(d) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
5. Who does Herriot have to borrow shoes from?
(b) Angus Grier
(c) Dr. Farnon
(d) Helen's father
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
2. Who is The Major?
3. Herriot intends to bet on a horse, but misses the race. How did the horse he wanted to place his money on do in the race?
4. Who are the Altons?
5. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what it means for a horse to founder.
2. Dr. Farnon has many problems, but he has one that seems to be the worst. What is it, and has he done anything to try and solve it?
3. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
4. What happens when Herriot responds to a call in the middle of a snowstorm?
5. What seems to upset Miss Stubbs about her impending death, and what does Herriot tell her that seems to give her comfort?
6. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
7. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
8. What important event happens in chapter 48? How does Herriot feel about this event?
9. What major mistake does Herriot make early on when he is inspecting for tuberculosis?
10. What does it mean to float a horses teeth?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)