|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the animal?
(b) lead poisoning
(d) milk fever
2. What problem does Dr. Farnon constantly have to battle?
(a) his temper
(c) Herriot's incompetence
(d) non-paying clients
3. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
(a) he spent all day in a meadow with flowers
(b) he was wearing Mrs. Hall's coat
(c) he put on some women's purfume
(d) he took a bath in Mrs. Hall's bath salts
4. Who are the Altons?
(a) a family of 6 who raise sheep
(b) a family of 8 who have a Shorthorn cow that Herriot treats
(c) a wealthy family who own a dog that Herriot treats
(d) a poor family with a prize pig that Herriot treats
5. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
(a) men faint quicker than women
(b) the big ones always pass out first
(c) smaller farmers are more apt to faint
(d) women faint quicker than men
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
2. Who is Connie?
3. Herriot is treating a sick calf, what is the diagnosis?
4. What major event happens in Herriot's life in this final chapter?
5. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amusing events happen to Tristan in chapter 39?
2. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
3. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
4. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
5. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
6. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
7. How does Herriot save the Rudd's cow?
8. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
9. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
10. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)