|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to help Herriot with his diagnosis?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(b) Miss Harbottle
2. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(b) giving drugs away
(c) drinking at 1a.m.
(d) acting as a vet without a license
3. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(b) he is sideswiped by another car
(c) he falls asleep and runs off the road
(d) he hits a parked truck
4. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
(a) it has metal in its stomach
(b) it was not castrated properly
(c) it has an obstruction in its throat
(d) it was injured when it got caught up in fencing
5. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
(a) a high fever
(b) a bone in its throat
(c) a rubber ball in its stomach
(d) a broken leg
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is The Major?
2. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
3. What ultimately happens to the Rudd's animal in chapter 54?
4. Who is Harold Denham?
5. How many dogs and cats does Miss Stubbs have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Herriot save the Rudd's cow?
2. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
3. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
4. Do you think Herriot has a problem with farmer Sidlow? Why or why not?
5. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
6. Briefly describe Herriot's encounter with a Great Dane.
7. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
8. List four things Herriot tells us about Tim Alton.
9. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
10. Briefly describe what it means for a horse to founder.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)