|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(b) Angus Grier
2. How would you characterize the Rudd family at the end of this episode?
(a) they couldn't be happier
(b) they are heart broken
(c) they have all contracted the same ailment
(d) they are furious with Herriot
3. Who is Connie?
(a) Helen's sister
(b) Miss Harbottle
(c) Herriot's date for a dance
(d) Herriot's sister
4. Where do they go to eat?
(a) to a restaurant in London
(b) the nicest restaurant in town at a hotel
(c) back to Skedale house
(d) a local inn and pub
5. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
(a) Tristan has moved out
(b) he is retiring
(c) he makes Herriot a partner
(d) he is leaving to be the vet at the Northwest Racing Circuit
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Worley?
2. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
3. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
4. Who is Dick Rudd?
5. Who is The Major?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what it means for a horse to founder.
2. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
3. Do you think Herriot has a problem with farmer Sidlow? Why or why not?
4. List four things Herriot tells us about Tim Alton.
5. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
6. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
7. What important event happens in chapter 48? How does Herriot feel about this event?
8. The Austin has not had brakes in weeks. What convinces Dr. Farnon to have the brakes fixed?
9. Dr. Farnon has many problems, but he has one that seems to be the worst. What is it, and has he done anything to try and solve it?
10. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)