|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Altons?
(a) a family of 8 who have a Shorthorn cow that Herriot treats
(b) a poor family with a prize pig that Herriot treats
(c) a family of 6 who raise sheep
(d) a wealthy family who own a dog that Herriot treats
2. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) drinking at 1a.m.
(b) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(c) acting as a vet without a license
(d) giving drugs away
3. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(b) he hits a parked truck
(c) he falls asleep and runs off the road
(d) he is sideswiped by another car
4. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
(a) none, he never gets him to pay
(b) he sends Tristan to collect the money
(c) he goes and confronts him
(d) he sends Herriot to collect the money
5. Where are the cattle's identifying tattoos located?
(a) on their bellies
(b) on their ears
(c) on their front shoulders
(d) on their hips
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Farnon convince Herriot to do?
2. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
3. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
4. What does he have to do to the animals?
5. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Herriot wants to take Helen to a movie about the Scots?
2. Briefly describe Herriot's encounter with a Great Dane.
3. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
4. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
5. The Rudd's are a large, poor farming family. What does Herriot discover about how they have enough for everyone at mealtime?
6. Do you think Herriot has a problem with farmer Sidlow? Why or why not?
7. What would be the major drawback to Dr. Farnon being the lead veterinarian at the racetrack?
8. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
9. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
10. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)