|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Herriot help the butcher solve?
(a) how to get his car running
(b) the birth of twin calves
(c) how to tell if meat is tainted
(d) how to pay his bill to Dr. Farnon
2. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(b) he falls asleep and runs off the road
(c) he hits a parked truck
(d) he is sideswiped by another car
3. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
(a) a whole flock of sheep
(b) a prize Shorthorn cow
(c) a registered stallion
(d) an award winning show dog
4. What character interrupts the trip to the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Mr. Tavener
(b) Phin Cannon
(d) Stewie Brannon
5. What happens to Connie and Herriot?
(a) they get drunk and fall in the mud
(b) they have a car wreck
(c) they get lost walking a night
(d) they are caught in a terrible thunderstorm
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Herriot treat, with a new vaccine, for the Bramleys?
2. What problem does Dr. Farnon have with the local butcher?
3. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
4. What does Herriot wear to his first date with Helen?
5. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
2. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
3. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
4. Do you think Herriot has a problem with farmer Sidlow? Why or why not?
5. What seems to upset Miss Stubbs about her impending death, and what does Herriot tell her that seems to give her comfort?
6. Where do Helen and James Herriot spend their honeymoon and why?
7. What amusing events happen to Tristan in chapter 39?
8. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
9. How does Herriot save the Rudd's cow?
10. The Rudd's are a large, poor farming family. What does Herriot discover about how they have enough for everyone at mealtime?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)