|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) giving drugs away
(b) drinking at 1a.m.
(c) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(d) acting as a vet without a license
2. How would you characterize the Rudd family at the end of this episode?
(a) they are heart broken
(b) they are furious with Herriot
(c) they have all contracted the same ailment
(d) they couldn't be happier
3. Why does Herriot go to Mr. Kay's farm ?
(a) to help deliver a calf
(b) to test his cows for disease
(c) to treat an ill horse
(d) to help round up the cows
4. What does Tristan think is causing Herriot be so frustrated?
(a) his misdiagnosis of the calf
(b) the fact he hurt his foot when he kicked a box
(c) his relationship with Helen
(d) his relationship with Dr. Farnon
5. What are they doing the first time he asks her out?
(a) watching a concert
(b) walking in a meadow
(c) washing dishes
(d) working on a calf
Short Answer Questions
1. What annual work-related event is taking place in this chapter?
2. What happens to Connie and Herriot?
3. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
4. After "bleeding" the animal, what does Dr. Farnon prescribe?
5. What character interrupts the trip to the Northwest Racing Circuit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what it means for a horse to founder.
2. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
3. What does it mean to float a horses teeth?
4. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
5. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
6. In chapter 58, Herriot describes a man's cow who has some bad habits. What are they?
7. The Austin has not had brakes in weeks. What convinces Dr. Farnon to have the brakes fixed?
8. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
9. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
10. What would be the major drawback to Dr. Farnon being the lead veterinarian at the racetrack?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)