|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herriot intends to bet on a horse, but misses the race. How did the horse he wanted to place his money on do in the race?
(a) places in 2nd at 10 to 1 odds
(b) shows in 3rd at 10 to 1 odds
(c) wins at 10 to 1 odds
(d) doesn't finish at all
2. What does Tristan think is causing Herriot be so frustrated?
(a) the fact he hurt his foot when he kicked a box
(b) his misdiagnosis of the calf
(c) his relationship with Helen
(d) his relationship with Dr. Farnon
3. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
4. Why is progress so difficult for Herriot to make with his relationship with Helen?
(a) Helen's shyness
(b) his own shyness
(c) Helen's boyfriend
(d) Helen lives so far away
5. What happens to Miss Stubbs' dog, Ben?
(a) he runs away
(b) he dies next to her bed
(c) he starves to death when she becomes ill
(d) he has to have surgery
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happens in Herriot's life in this final chapter?
2. Who is Dick Rudd?
3. In chapter 49, what is wrong with the Austin?
4. What is noticeable about Mr. Tavener's physical condition?
5. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Rudd's are a large, poor farming family. What does Herriot discover about how they have enough for everyone at mealtime?
2. What amusing events happen to Tristan in chapter 39?
3. How does Herriot save the Rudd's cow?
4. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
5. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
6. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
7. List four things Herriot tells us about Tim Alton.
8. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
9. What does it mean to float a horses teeth?
10. What important event happens in chapter 48? How does Herriot feel about this event?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)