|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they doing the first time he asks her out?
(a) washing dishes
(b) walking in a meadow
(c) watching a concert
(d) working on a calf
2. What is noticeable about Mr. Tavener's physical condition?
(a) he cannot speak
(b) he has a distinct limp
(c) he is very much overweight
(d) his hands shake
3. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
4. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
(a) for denting up the car
(b) for not telling him about the car
(c) for not having Tristan fix the car
(d) for not fixing the car
5. What is wrong with Dan?
(a) a broken leg
(c) a dislocated hip
(d) something in his stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
2. What does Dr. Farnon use to clean the windshield of his car?
3. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
4. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
5. What problem does Herriot help the butcher solve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important character is introduced in chapter 40 and how does Herriot meet this person?
2. The Rudd's are a large, poor farming family. What does Herriot discover about how they have enough for everyone at mealtime?
3. Why does Dr. Farnon not get the job at the racetrack?
4. Why do you think Herriot wants to take Helen to a movie about the Scots?
5. Briefly describe Herriot's encounter with a Great Dane.
6. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
7. The Austin has not had brakes in weeks. What convinces Dr. Farnon to have the brakes fixed?
8. What amusing events happen to Tristan in chapter 39?
9. List four things Herriot tells us about Tim Alton.
10. Do you think Herriot has a problem with farmer Sidlow? Why or why not?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)