|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
(a) the dog is sold to another owner
(b) the dog goes into a coma
(c) the dog has to be put down
(d) the dog makes a full recovery
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just gotten out of jail
(b) he has just left his wife
(c) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
(d) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
3. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
(a) a local pub
(b) the home of Farnon's mistress
(c) a local farm
(d) the parson's house
4. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
(a) Yorkshire House
(b) Skedale House
(c) Darrowby House
(d) Farnon House
5. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
(a) becoming the housekeeper
(b) taking care of monthly billing and receipts
(c) feeding the stock animals
(d) answering the early morning calls
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
2. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
3. Who is ill in this chapter?
4. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
5. What about Herriot is a surprise to Phin Calvert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important responsibility does Herriot take on in chapter 41? Why is this so important?
2. Briefly explain the compelling episode with the farmer named Watson.
3. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
4. Chapter 11 deals with what kind of relationship?
5. In chapter 21, Tristan is given a very tough assignment. What is the task and what do you think it says about Dr. Farnon?
6. When Helen comes to the office with her dog what does Herriot do?
7. How would you describe Herriot?
8. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
9. What does Herriot do to make a point to the local butcher about paying his bill?
10. Herriot is from the city. What does chapter 10 show us about the difference between the way rural folk approach life and how urban residents approach life?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)