|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
(a) the dog is sold to another owner
(b) the dog goes into a coma
(c) the dog makes a full recovery
(d) the dog has to be put down
2. What is the effect of her ailment?
(a) she cannot eat
(b) she cannot give milk
(c) she becomes violent
(d) she cannot get up
3. What does Herriot find is wrong with the dog when he arrives?
(a) it does have a bone in its throat
(d) it is having an allergic reaction
4. Ticki Woo is ill, what is wrong?
(a) the dog has been overfed
(b) the dog is malnurished
(c) the dog has a tumor
(d) the dog has been in a fight
5. What kind of animal does Terry Watson own and Herriot treats?
(a) a young goat
(b) a boar hog
(c) a milk cow
(d) a newborn lamb
Short Answer Questions
1. New hens and piglets come to live at Skedale house, who is to care for them?
2. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
3. Chapter 18 focuses on Herriot remembering an event which took place where?
4. Before Herriot and Ruth can leave what family event must take place?
5. Chapter 16 is occupied primarily with the story of Tristan and what task?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
2. What trait do you think is revealed about Dr. Farnon in chapter 27. Briefly explain your answer.
3. What lesson do you think Herriot learns in chapter 34?
4. How would you describe Herriot?
5. How do the events in chapter 37 reflect Dr. Farnon's lack of consistentcy?
6. What happens in chapter 31 that helps to show Herriot's human side?
7. Briefly explain the compelling episode with the farmer named Watson.
8. Briefly describe how Tristan handles a tough assignment in chapter 24.
9. What unexpected fact about Dr Grier and one of his clients, named Mrs Mallard, does Herriot uncover?
10. In chapter 21, Tristan is given a very tough assignment. What is the task and what do you think it says about Dr. Farnon?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)