|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the prolapse episode, Herriot pulls a practical joke on what character?
(c) Dr. Farnon
2. Spring is also the time when what procedure is done on yearling horses?
(a) they must be curried
(c) their hoofs are trimmed
(d) their hoofs are shod
3. This chapter highlights a character fault of Dr. Farnon, what is it?
(a) he misuses his money
(b) his lack of consistency
(c) he constantly lies
(d) he drinks heavily
4. Who is Tristan?
(a) Dr. Farnon's brother
(b) Herriot's brother
(c) Dr. Farnon's cousin
(d) Herriot's cousin
5. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(b) cannot deliver
(c) a prolapse
(d) milk fever
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nugent?
2. What is wrong with the first horse Herriot helps treat?
3. Who is Angus Grier?
4. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
5. What does Jeff Mallock do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Angus Grier.
2. How would you describe Herriot?
3. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
4. What happens in chapter 31 that helps to show Herriot's human side?
5. What unexpected fact about Dr Grier and one of his clients, named Mrs Mallard, does Herriot uncover?
6. In what amusing way does Mrs. Pumphrey describe Herriot's relationship with her animals?
7. In Chapter 6 what does Dr. Farnon do in support of Herriot?
8. In Chapter 5, Herriot has to make a difficult decision; how does the character Soames make the decision more difficult?
9. How does Herriot help Ticki Woo in chapter 30.
10. Herriot is from the city. What does chapter 10 show us about the difference between the way rural folk approach life and how urban residents approach life?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)