|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
(a) a ram
(b) a boar hog
(c) a stallion
(d) a bull
2. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) lance a pig's ear
(b) treat an ill ewe
(c) put down a cow
(d) help a mare with a delivery
3. Dr. Farnon's procedure results in better health for the cow, what is the other result?
(a) Dr. Farnon is covered with a foul fluid from the cow
(b) Herriot is injured
(c) Dr. Farnon gets angry at his client
(d) Dr. Farnon is injured
4. What other diagnosis does Herriot make?
(a) a broken pelvis
(b) torn ligaments
(c) lead poisoning
(d) a weak heart
5. In chapter 37, Herriot does surgery on a dog that has what problem?
(a) it has been in a fight
(b) a rubber ball in its stomach
(c) a tumor
(d) it needs to be castrated
Short Answer Questions
1. When the book begins what is James Herriot called to do?
2. Chapter 18 focuses on Herriot remembering an event which took place where?
3. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
4. In chapter 11, what must Herriot do, which is difficult?
5. In chapter nine Tristan and Herriot treat a cow with a condition called prolapse, what is this?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Herriot?
2. How does Herriot help Ticki Woo in chapter 30.
3. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
4. Chapter 11 deals with what kind of relationship?
5. Who is Miss Harbottle and why does she get upset with Dr. Farnon?
6. The book shares a lot of difficult stories about caring for animals in distress. Chapter 9 focuses on another aspect of this veterinary practice, what is this chapter's focus?
7. In Chapter 5, Herriot has to make a difficult decision; how does the character Soames make the decision more difficult?
8. Briefly describe the embarrassing event that happens to Herriot in this chapter.
9. Briefly explain what a knacker does.
10. Why do you think the episode with the Coopers is important?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)