|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
(a) The intestines are twisted
(b) swollen joints
(c) the ears are infected
2. What kind of animal does Terry Watson own and Herriot treats?
(a) a young goat
(b) a milk cow
(c) a newborn lamb
(d) a boar hog
3. What is the treatment that the doctors' recommend?
(a) Ticki Woo has to have surgery
(b) Ticki Woo is to come stay at Skedale House for 2 weeks
(c) Ticki Woo is sewn up
(d) Ticki Woo is put on a liquid diet
4. Chapter 16 is occupied primarily with the story of Tristan and what task?
(a) Trying to get the hens to lay eggs
(b) Working the hunting mare
(c) Feeding the pigs
(d) Cleaning the house
5. Where does the dog spend the night?
(a) in Tristan's room
(b) in front of the fire
(c) in Herriot's room
(d) outside on the porch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been taking money from the petty cash box?
2. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
3. What ailment does Mr. Handshaw's cow have?
4. Why does Miss Harbottle come to the vet's office?
5. Who is Tristan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unpleasant task does Herriot deal with in chapter 25?
2. In what amusing way does Mrs. Pumphrey describe Herriot's relationship with her animals?
3. Ticki Woo shows up in chapter 13 and reappears later in the book. Why do you think Herriot includes accounts of Ticki Woo and its owner?
4. Explain briefly how chapters 14 and 15 continue to show us Tristan's lack of responsibility?
5. How does Herriot help Ticki Woo in chapter 30.
6. Briefly describe the embarrassing event that happens to Herriot in this chapter.
7. In Chapter 6 what does Dr. Farnon do in support of Herriot?
8. Briefly describe how Tristan handles a tough assignment in chapter 24.
9. How would you describe Tristan and Dr. Farnon's relationship?
10. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)