|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Terry Watson?
(a) a local knacker
(b) a pub owner
(c) a new veterinarian
(d) a young poor farmer
2. At whose expense does everyone at Dr. Harnon's practice get a good laugh?
(d) Miss Harbottle
3. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
(a) a boar hog
(b) a ram
(c) a bull
(d) a stallion
4. In chapter 24, there is another problem between what two characters?
(a) Tristan and Herriot
(b) Dr. Farnon and Miss Harbottle
(c) Tristan and Dr. Farnon
(d) Dr. Farnon and Herriot
5. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(b) Miss Harbottle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mallard say is wrong with her dog?
2. Dr. Farnon's procedure results in better health for the cow, what is the other result?
3. When Mrs. Pumphrey calls again about Nugent, what problem does she say he has?
4. Who is Miss Harbottle?
5. In this same chapter, Herriot also operates on a horse that has what problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. The book shares a lot of difficult stories about caring for animals in distress. Chapter 9 focuses on another aspect of this veterinary practice, what is this chapter's focus?
2. How does Herriot help Ticki Woo in chapter 30.
3. What unexpected fact about Dr Grier and one of his clients, named Mrs Mallard, does Herriot uncover?
4. What does Dr. Farnon do to Herriot in chapter 65 and why does he do it?
5. Through out chapter 46, Herriot gives anecdotes to prove a point, what is the point?
6. How would you describe Herriot's relationship with farmer Worley and why?
7. Briefly explain what a knacker does.
8. Why does Tristan decide that Herriot should go to a dance?
9. Briefly describe Herriot's encounter with a Great Dane.
10. Who is Miss Harbottle and why does she get upset with Dr. Farnon?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)