|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Mrs. Pumphrey have?
(a) a cat
(b) a cow
(c) a dog
(d) a goat
2. Who is Nugent?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey's servant
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey's dog
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey's child
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey's pig
3. Spring brings a new activity for Herriot, what is it?
(b) delivering calves
4. Herriot and Grier are both of what ancestry?
(a) they are both Irish
(b) they are both French
(c) they are both from Wales
(d) they are both Scots
5. This animal has a number of health issues, many are caused by what?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey is poor
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey is ill
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey is too old to care for her animal
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey pampers her animal too much
Short Answer Questions
1. Ticki Woo is ill, what is wrong?
2. What interesting custom does Herriot observe in the Cooper's home?
3. When the book begins what is James Herriot called to do?
4. What is a knacker?
5. This chapter reveals that Dr. Farnon has a surprising following of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What trait do you think is revealed about Dr. Farnon in chapter 27. Briefly explain your answer.
2. Explain briefly how chapters 14 and 15 continue to show us Tristan's lack of responsibility?
3. What mistake does Herriot make in chapter 32?
4. Briefly explain what a knacker does.
5. What unexpected fact about Dr Grier and one of his clients, named Mrs Mallard, does Herriot uncover?
6. What community disaster involving Tristan happens in chapter 16?
7. What unpleasant task does Herriot deal with in chapter 25?
8. In what amusing way does Mrs. Pumphrey describe Herriot's relationship with her animals?
9. In Chapter 6 what does Dr. Farnon do in support of Herriot?
10. Why do you think the episode with the Coopers is important?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)