|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Tristan have to do for Dr. Farnon?
(a) deliver a calf
(b) clean the house
(c) lance a sow's ear
(d) work out his hunting mare
2. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(c) Miss Harbottle
3. What is the central issue that Dr. Farnon raises in this confrontation?
(a) Ruth's advances toward him
(b) Miss Harbottle's handling of the finances
(c) Herriot's handling of animals
(d) Tristan's lack of responsibility
4. Who has been taking money from the petty cash box?
(b) Dr. Farnon
(c) Miss Harbottle
5. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
(a) driving home
(b) talking to Ruth
(c) meeting with a client
(d) delivering a piglet
Short Answer Questions
1. During this account an animal does something to Herriot, what is it?
2. What happens because of this discovery?
3. What is the treatment for the ailing bull in this chapter?
4. What illness does Dan Cooper's cow have?
5. Who invites Herriot to a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in chapter 31 that helps to show Herriot's human side?
2. Who is Miss Harbottle and why does she get upset with Dr. Farnon?
3. What is the whole point in chapter 66?
4. Chapter 11 deals with what kind of relationship?
5. Do you think Herriot had fun at the dance to which he and Connie went? Why or why not?
6. What amusing events happen to Tristan in chapter 39?
7. Briefly explain what a knacker does.
8. In Chapter 6 what does Dr. Farnon do in support of Herriot?
9. What seems to upset Miss Stubbs about her impending death, and what does Herriot tell her that seems to give her comfort?
10. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)