|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ill in this chapter?
(b) Ticki Woo
(d) Angus Grier
2. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
(a) they are foundered
(b) they have lead poisoning
(c) they have food poisoning
(d) they are overheated
3. What does Herriot realize is true about Angus Grier and Mrs. Mallard
(a) they are enemies
(b) they are neighbors
(c) they are siblings
(d) they are having an affair
4. What is the result of Herriot's treatment of the animal?
(a) the boar is castrated
(b) complete recovery
(c) the cow delivers a calf
(d) the animal is put down
5. The Copfield farm is known for what?
(a) the stable of horses
(b) wild cattle
(c) the wool from its sheep
(d) the size of its hogs
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Mr. Handshaw's cow have?
2. What treatment does Herriot recommend and finally carry out?
3. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
4. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
5. Who is Terry Watson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the embarrassing event that happens to Herriot in this chapter.
2. What community disaster involving Tristan happens in chapter 16?
3. Who is Miss Harbottle and why does she get upset with Dr. Farnon?
4. How does Herriot astound Phin Calvert with his treatments?
5. What mistake does Herriot make in chapter 32?
6. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
7. The book shares a lot of difficult stories about caring for animals in distress. Chapter 9 focuses on another aspect of this veterinary practice, what is this chapter's focus?
8. What unexpected fact about Dr Grier and one of his clients, named Mrs Mallard, does Herriot uncover?
9. Briefly describe Angus Grier.
10. What lesson do you think Herriot learns in chapter 34?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)