|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
(a) taking care of monthly billing and receipts
(b) becoming the housekeeper
(c) answering the early morning calls
(d) feeding the stock animals
2. What is the result of Herriot's treatment of the animal?
(a) the cow delivers a calf
(b) complete recovery
(c) the boar is castrated
(d) the animal is put down
3. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just left his wife
(b) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
(c) he has just gotten out of jail
(d) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
4. Who is supposed to answer the phone each morning at the vet's office?
5. Ticki Woo is ill, what is wrong?
(a) the dog is malnurished
(b) the dog has been overfed
(c) the dog has been in a fight
(d) the dog has a tumor
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter reveals that Dr. Farnon has a surprising following of _____________.
2. What is the effect of her ailment?
3. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
4. The Copfield farm is known for what?
5. Chapter 16 is occupied primarily with the story of Tristan and what task?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 what does Dr. Farnon do in support of Herriot?
2. Briefly explain what a knacker does.
3. In chapter 21, Tristan is given a very tough assignment. What is the task and what do you think it says about Dr. Farnon?
4. Briefly describe the embarrassing event that happens to Herriot in this chapter.
5. What happens in chapter 31 that helps to show Herriot's human side?
6. What unpleasant task does Herriot deal with in chapter 25?
7. How would you describe Dr. Farnon?
8. What unexpected fact about Dr Grier and one of his clients, named Mrs Mallard, does Herriot uncover?
9. How do the events in chapter 37 reflect Dr. Farnon's lack of consistentcy?
10. Chapter 11 deals with what kind of relationship?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)