|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
(a) a high fever
(b) a bone in its throat
(c) a broken leg
(d) a rubber ball in its stomach
2. Why is Herriot caught in a fierce snow storm?
(a) he stayed too late a pub and drank too much
(b) he was out too late with Helen
(c) he trying to find a farm to answer a call
(d) Tristan took a wrong turn and they got lost
3. What does Dr. Farnon have a chance to do while at the horsetrack?
(a) help the veterinarian with a horse that is down
(b) eat at a very exclusive restaurant
(c) ride in a Rolls Royce
(d) meet with the governor of Yorkshire
4. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
(a) it was not castrated properly
(b) it has metal in its stomach
(c) it has an obstruction in its throat
(d) it was injured when it got caught up in fencing
5. What is the family name of the cattle farmers who are four brothers?
(a) the Collins
(b) the Meadows
(c) the Griers
(d) the Hugills
6. Who is Dick Rudd?
(a) a local farmer who will not share any of his belongings
(b) a local farmer who is single
(c) a very poor local farmer
(d) a very rich local farmer
7. Who is Queenie?
(a) Mr. Worley's horse
(b) Mr. Worley's milk cow
(c) Mr. Worley's sow
(d) Mr. Worley's dog
8. What new title and responsibility does Herriot take on?
(a) Local Veterinary Inspector for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
(b) Local Constable of the Dales
(c) Local Minister of the Anglican Church
(d) Local Veterinary Inspector of the Local Constable
9. Why does Herriot go to Mr. Kay's farm ?
(a) to help deliver a calf
(b) to help round up the cows
(c) to test his cows for disease
(d) to treat an ill horse
10. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
(a) he sends Tristan to collect the money
(b) none, he never gets him to pay
(c) he sends Herriot to collect the money
(d) he goes and confronts him
11. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
(a) a lamb
(b) a calf
(c) a colt
(d) a puppy
12. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
13. What happens to Herriot?
(a) he and Tristan have a fight
(b) he gets lost while walking in the blizzard
(c) he sleeps in the Austin overnight
(d) he goes back to Helen's house and spends the night
14. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
(a) Tristan is supposed to fix it
(b) Herriot doesn't tell him about it
(c) he tells Herriot to fix it
(d) he just doesn't get around to it
15. Who are the Altons?
(a) a poor family with a prize pig that Herriot treats
(b) a family of 6 who raise sheep
(c) a family of 8 who have a Shorthorn cow that Herriot treats
(d) a wealthy family who own a dog that Herriot treats
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the animal?
2. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
3. What does Dr. Farnon use to clean the windshield of his car?
4. Why is progress so difficult for Herriot to make with his relationship with Helen?
5. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)