|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticeable about Mr. Tavener's physical condition?
(a) his hands shake
(b) he has a distinct limp
(c) he cannot speak
(d) he is very much overweight
2. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
(a) he just doesn't get around to it
(b) Herriot doesn't tell him about it
(c) Tristan is supposed to fix it
(d) he tells Herriot to fix it
3. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
(a) he is retiring
(b) Tristan has moved out
(c) he makes Herriot a partner
(d) he is leaving to be the vet at the Northwest Racing Circuit
4. What activity to Denham and Herriot share in common?
(a) they are both vets
(b) they both drive Austins
(c) they both bet in the football pools
(d) they both date Helen
5. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
(a) a bone saw
(c) some bad meat
(d) a car
6. Why is Herriot called to the Alderson's home?
(a) to put down a horse
(b) to help deliver a calf
(c) to operate on their dog
(d) because Helen's mother is ill
7. What is the family name of the cattle farmers who are four brothers?
(a) the Griers
(b) the Meadows
(c) the Collins
(d) the Hugills
8. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
(a) a prize Shorthorn cow
(b) an award winning show dog
(c) a registered stallion
(d) a whole flock of sheep
9. Who is Connie?
(a) Miss Harbottle
(b) Helen's sister
(c) Herriot's sister
(d) Herriot's date for a dance
10. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(b) Angus Grier
(d) Dr. Farnon
11. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
(a) women faint quicker than men
(b) men faint quicker than women
(c) the big ones always pass out first
(d) smaller farmers are more apt to faint
12. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
(a) I love you
(b) will you come in
(c) please hold my hand
(d) next time
13. What kind of animals does Herriot treat, with a new vaccine, for the Bramleys?
14. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
(a) his hat
(b) his cane
(c) his car keys
(d) his doctor's bag
15. What is wrong with the animal?
(a) milk fever
(b) lead poisoning
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Miss Stubbs' animals when she dies?
2. How many dogs and cats does Miss Stubbs have?
3. After "bleeding" the animal, what does Dr. Farnon prescribe?
4. Where do Herriot and Helen go on their second date?
5. Who do Connie and Herriot see unexpectedly?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)