|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(b) he is sideswiped by another car
(c) he hits a parked truck
(d) he falls asleep and runs off the road
2. What is wrong the the man who collapses in front of Herriot and Helen?
(a) he has been shot
(b) he has had a heart attack
(c) he is having a seizure
(d) he is drunk
3. What joke does a farmer play on Herriot?
(a) has him check out a sheep that is really a goat
(b) has him try to catch some wild cattle
(c) has him check the udders on a bull
(d) has him check out a mean cow
4. What is noticeable about Mr. Tavener's physical condition?
(a) his hands shake
(b) he has a distinct limp
(c) he is very much overweight
(d) he cannot speak
5. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
6. What is the family name of the cattle farmers who are four brothers?
(a) the Meadows
(b) the Hugills
(c) the Collins
(d) the Griers
7. What character interrupts the trip to the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(b) Stewie Brannon
(c) Mr. Tavener
(d) Phin Cannon
8. What happens to Dr. Farnon while at the horsetrack?
(a) he falls and gets hurt badly
(b) he gets very drunk
(c) he is asked to put a horse down
(d) he meets an old enemy
9. Who is Mr. Worley?
(a) a grocer
(b) the local constable
(c) a neighoring vet
(d) a pig farmer and inn keeper
10. Who is Harold Denham?
(a) a local millionaire
(b) a local constable
(c) a local pub owner
(d) a local farmer
11. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
(a) a bone saw
(b) some bad meat
(d) a car
12. Who do Connie and Herriot see unexpectedly?
(b) Dr. Farnon
(c) Angus Grier
13. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
(a) he cares for his animals
(b) he abuses his animals
(c) he will not keep an old useless animal
(d) he has no older animals
14. Where do they go to eat?
(a) to a restaurant in London
(b) back to Skedale house
(c) the nicest restaurant in town at a hotel
(d) a local inn and pub
15. What happens to Connie and Herriot?
(a) they get lost walking a night
(b) they get drunk and fall in the mud
(c) they are caught in a terrible thunderstorm
(d) they have a car wreck
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Bramleys?
2. After "bleeding" the animal, what does Dr. Farnon prescribe?
3. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
4. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
5. What does Dr. Farnon convince Herriot to do?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)