|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
(a) it has an obstruction in its throat
(b) it has metal in its stomach
(c) it was not castrated properly
(d) it was injured when it got caught up in fencing
2. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
(a) a wire
(b) a poisonous plant
(c) a nail
(d) a rubber ball
3. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
(a) that he should look to do something else
(b) that one day he will be a partner in the practice
(c) that he must learn to be more caring
(d) that he would like to sell his practice
4. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
(a) a high fever
(b) a broken leg
(c) a bone in its throat
(d) a rubber ball in its stomach
5. What kind of animal does Dr. Farnon treat for a Gypsy family?
(a) a milk cow
(b) a pony
(c) a billy goat
(d) a bullock
6. How would you characterize the Rudd family at the end of this episode?
(a) they couldn't be happier
(b) they have all contracted the same ailment
(c) they are furious with Herriot
(d) they are heart broken
7. What problem does Dr. Farnon constantly have to battle?
(b) non-paying clients
(c) his temper
(d) Herriot's incompetence
8. On another occasion when a farmer faints, Herriot leaves the farmer's change on a pail, how much does the farmer say he is short?
(a) 1 mil
(b) 1 pound
(c) 10 shillings
(d) a shilling
9. What does Dr. Farnon use to clean the windshield of his car?
(a) his tie
(b) his coat
(c) a dead chicken
(d) a lady's scarf
10. Who does Herriot have to borrow shoes from?
(b) Helen's father
(c) Angus Grier
(d) Dr. Farnon
11. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
(a) smaller farmers are more apt to faint
(b) women faint quicker than men
(c) the big ones always pass out first
(d) men faint quicker than women
12. What problem does Dr. Farnon have with the local butcher?
(a) he has overcharged Dr. Farnon for some sausage
(b) he has complained about Herriot
(c) he won't pay his bill
(d) he sales bad meat
13. What is wrong the the man who collapses in front of Herriot and Helen?
(a) he is having a seizure
(b) he is drunk
(c) he has been shot
(d) he has had a heart attack
14. Why is progress so difficult for Herriot to make with his relationship with Helen?
(a) Helen lives so far away
(b) Helen's shyness
(c) Helen's boyfriend
(d) his own shyness
15. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
2. What is the name of the region where Herriot is living?
3. Who is Tip?
4. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
5. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)