|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 49, what is wrong with the Austin?
(a) it has lost its brakes
(b) it is out of gas
(c) it will not start
(d) it has a flat tire
2. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
(a) he asks Dr. Farnon to come and help him
(b) he prays over the animal
(c) he puts it down without the owner's permission
(d) he operates and lances the throat abscess
3. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
(a) he abuses his animals
(b) he will not keep an old useless animal
(c) he has no older animals
(d) he cares for his animals
4. What happens to Herriot?
(a) he sleeps in the Austin overnight
(b) he and Tristan have a fight
(c) he gets lost while walking in the blizzard
(d) he goes back to Helen's house and spends the night
5. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
(a) some bad meat
(b) a bone saw
(d) a car
6. Why is Herriot called to the Alderson's home?
(a) because Helen's mother is ill
(b) to put down a horse
(c) to help deliver a calf
(d) to operate on their dog
7. What happens to Connie and Herriot?
(a) they get drunk and fall in the mud
(b) they get lost walking a night
(c) they have a car wreck
(d) they are caught in a terrible thunderstorm
8. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) giving drugs away
(b) drinking at 1a.m.
(c) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(d) acting as a vet without a license
9. What does he have to do to the animals?
(a) give them shots
(b) float their teeth
(c) trim their hooves
(d) worm them
10. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
11. What happens when Tristan drives the Land Rover?
(a) he hits a parked truck
(b) it breaks down in the middle of a rain storm
(c) he falls asleep and runs off the road
(d) he is sideswiped by another car
12. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
(a) he is retiring
(b) he makes Herriot a partner
(c) he is leaving to be the vet at the Northwest Racing Circuit
(d) Tristan has moved out
13. Who are the Taveners?
(a) a poor family who own a pig that Herriot treats
(b) a wealthy family who own a dog that Herriot treats
(c) a family of 8 who have a Shorthorn cow that Herriot treats
(d) a family of 6 who raise sheep
14. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
(d) Dr. Farnon
15. Who is Harold Denham?
(a) a local constable
(b) a local millionaire
(c) a local farmer
(d) a local pub owner
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
2. Where are the cattle's identifying tattoos located?
3. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
4. What is wrong with the animal?
5. What does Tristan think is causing Herriot be so frustrated?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)