|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tip?
(a) a farmer's dog who sleeps on the front step
(b) a farmer's dog who bites Herriot's leg
(c) a farmer's dog who is very mistreated
(d) a farmer's dog who gets stuck in a well
2. Where do they go to eat?
(a) to a restaurant in London
(b) back to Skedale house
(c) a local inn and pub
(d) the nicest restaurant in town at a hotel
3. What does Herriot do so he can see Helen more often?
(a) he calls her often
(b) he checks on her animals on a regular basis
(c) he takes her to a dance every week
(d) he joins the music society
4. Where are the cattle's identifying tattoos located?
(a) on their front shoulders
(b) on their bellies
(c) on their hips
(d) on their ears
5. What problem does Dr. Farnon have with the local butcher?
(a) he has overcharged Dr. Farnon for some sausage
(b) he has complained about Herriot
(c) he sales bad meat
(d) he won't pay his bill
6. Why is Herriot caught in a fierce snow storm?
(a) Tristan took a wrong turn and they got lost
(b) he was out too late with Helen
(c) he stayed too late a pub and drank too much
(d) he trying to find a farm to answer a call
7. What problem does Herriot help the butcher solve?
(a) how to tell if meat is tainted
(b) the birth of twin calves
(c) how to pay his bill to Dr. Farnon
(d) how to get his car running
8. What activity to Denham and Herriot share in common?
(a) they both drive Austins
(b) they both date Helen
(c) they both bet in the football pools
(d) they are both vets
9. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
(a) his cane
(b) his hat
(c) his doctor's bag
(d) his car keys
10. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
(a) that he would like to sell his practice
(b) that he must learn to be more caring
(c) that one day he will be a partner in the practice
(d) that he should look to do something else
11. What is the name of the region where Herriot is living?
12. What kind of animal does Dr. Farnon treat for a Gypsy family?
(a) a pony
(b) a milk cow
(c) a billy goat
(d) a bullock
13. Who is Connie?
(a) Herriot's date for a dance
(b) Helen's sister
(c) Miss Harbottle
(d) Herriot's sister
14. What does Dr. Farnon have a chance to do while at the horsetrack?
(a) help the veterinarian with a horse that is down
(b) eat at a very exclusive restaurant
(c) ride in a Rolls Royce
(d) meet with the governor of Yorkshire
15. What happens to Dr. Farnon while at the horsetrack?
(a) he falls and gets hurt badly
(b) he meets an old enemy
(c) he gets very drunk
(d) he is asked to put a horse down
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
2. Herriot intends to bet on a horse, but misses the race. How did the horse he wanted to place his money on do in the race?
3. What happens to Herriot?
4. In chapter 49, what is wrong with the Austin?
5. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)