|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Farnon while at the horsetrack?
(a) he gets very drunk
(b) he is asked to put a horse down
(c) he falls and gets hurt badly
(d) he meets an old enemy
2. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
(a) some bad meat
(b) a car
(d) a bone saw
3. Why is Herriot caught in a fierce snow storm?
(a) he was out too late with Helen
(b) Tristan took a wrong turn and they got lost
(c) he stayed too late a pub and drank too much
(d) he trying to find a farm to answer a call
4. Why does Herriot go to Mr. Kay's farm ?
(a) to help round up the cows
(b) to test his cows for disease
(c) to help deliver a calf
(d) to treat an ill horse
5. Who is Dick Rudd?
(a) a local farmer who is single
(b) a very poor local farmer
(c) a local farmer who will not share any of his belongings
(d) a very rich local farmer
6. Where do they go to eat?
(a) to a restaurant in London
(b) a local inn and pub
(c) back to Skedale house
(d) the nicest restaurant in town at a hotel
7. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
8. What character interrupts the trip to the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Phin Cannon
(b) Stewie Brannon
(d) Mr. Tavener
9. In chapter 49, what is wrong with the Austin?
(a) it is out of gas
(b) it has lost its brakes
(c) it has a flat tire
(d) it will not start
10. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
(a) none, he never gets him to pay
(b) he sends Tristan to collect the money
(c) he sends Herriot to collect the money
(d) he goes and confronts him
11. What happens to Miss Stubbs' dog, Ben?
(a) he dies next to her bed
(b) he starves to death when she becomes ill
(c) he has to have surgery
(d) he runs away
12. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
(a) he makes Herriot a partner
(b) he is retiring
(c) Tristan has moved out
(d) he is leaving to be the vet at the Northwest Racing Circuit
13. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
(a) will you come in
(b) next time
(c) I love you
(d) please hold my hand
14. Who do Connie and Herriot see unexpectedly?
(b) Dr. Farnon
(d) Angus Grier
15. What happens to Herriot?
(a) he gets lost while walking in the blizzard
(b) he goes back to Helen's house and spends the night
(c) he sleeps in the Austin overnight
(d) he and Tristan have a fight
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
2. What are they doing the first time he asks her out?
3. What does Dr. Farnon use to clean the windshield of his car?
4. What problem does Dr. Farnon constantly have to battle?
5. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)