|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is farmer Sidlow described?
(a) someone that Herriot learns to love in short order
(b) someone who is mean to his kids
(c) someone who waits too long to call the vet
(d) someone who takes special care of his animals
2. Who tries to help Herriot with his diagnosis?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(d) Miss Harbottle
3. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
(a) for not fixing the car
(b) for denting up the car
(c) for not telling him about the car
(d) for not having Tristan fix the car
4. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
(b) Dr. Farnon
5. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
(a) he tells Herriot to fix it
(b) he just doesn't get around to it
(c) Tristan is supposed to fix it
(d) Herriot doesn't tell him about it
6. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
(a) it has metal in its stomach
(b) it was not castrated properly
(c) it has an obstruction in its throat
(d) it was injured when it got caught up in fencing
7. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
8. Where do Herriot and Helen go on their second date?
(a) to the cinema
(b) to the hotel restaurant
(c) on a walk
(d) to a dance
9. Why is Herriot caught in a fierce snow storm?
(a) Tristan took a wrong turn and they got lost
(b) he trying to find a farm to answer a call
(c) he was out too late with Helen
(d) he stayed too late a pub and drank too much
10. What does he have to do to the animals?
(a) trim their hooves
(b) give them shots
(c) float their teeth
(d) worm them
11. Who is Tip?
(a) a farmer's dog who bites Herriot's leg
(b) a farmer's dog who is very mistreated
(c) a farmer's dog who sleeps on the front step
(d) a farmer's dog who gets stuck in a well
12. Who are the Bramleys?
(a) a family with a prize Shorthorn cow
(b) a family of 4 bachelors and a sister who is a spinster
(c) a poor family with 7 children
(d) the family who owns the house where Helen lives
13. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) acting as a vet without a license
(b) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(c) drinking at 1a.m.
(d) giving drugs away
14. How does Tristan wreck the Austin?
(a) he hits a fence
(b) he runs into a ditch
(c) he side swipes another car
(d) he leaves it out of gear
15. What happens to Miss Stubbs' dog, Ben?
(a) he runs away
(b) he has to have surgery
(c) he starves to death when she becomes ill
(d) he dies next to her bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
2. Who is Dick Rudd?
3. Why is Herriot called to the Alderson's home?
4. Who is The Major?
5. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)