|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Angus Grier
(b) Dr. Farnon
2. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
(a) he puts it down without the owner's permission
(b) he prays over the animal
(c) he asks Dr. Farnon to come and help him
(d) he operates and lances the throat abscess
3. What major event happens in Herriot's life in this final chapter?
(a) he finally buys his own place
(b) he marries Helen
(c) he starts his own practice
(d) Dr. Farnon dies
4. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
(a) a broken leg
(b) a high fever
(c) a bone in its throat
(d) a rubber ball in its stomach
5. What kind of dog does Denham have?
(a) an english setter
(b) a yorkshire terrier
(c) an english bulldog
(d) a great dane
6. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
7. Who does Herriot have to borrow shoes from?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(c) Helen's father
(d) Angus Grier
8. Who are the Bramleys?
(a) a poor family with 7 children
(b) the family who owns the house where Helen lives
(c) a family with a prize Shorthorn cow
(d) a family of 4 bachelors and a sister who is a spinster
9. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
(a) a puppy
(b) a colt
(c) a calf
(d) a lamb
10. What does he have to do to the animals?
(a) give them shots
(b) trim their hooves
(c) float their teeth
(d) worm them
11. Who is Connie?
(a) Helen's sister
(b) Herriot's date for a dance
(c) Miss Harbottle
(d) Herriot's sister
12. Why is Herriot called to the Alderson's home?
(a) to operate on their dog
(b) to help deliver a calf
(c) to put down a horse
(d) because Helen's mother is ill
13. What happens to Dr. Farnon while at the horsetrack?
(a) he is asked to put a horse down
(b) he meets an old enemy
(c) he gets very drunk
(d) he falls and gets hurt badly
14. What is wrong with the animal?
(c) milk fever
(d) lead poisoning
15. What problem does Dr. Farnon constantly have to battle?
(a) his temper
(b) Herriot's incompetence
(c) non-paying clients
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan think is causing Herriot be so frustrated?
2. What are they doing the first time he asks her out?
3. Who are the Altons?
4. Where do they go to eat?
5. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)