|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Miss Stubbs' animals when she dies?
(a) Herriot must find homes for them
(b) they are given to Miss Stubbs many friends
(c) her housekeeper takes them
(d) they are put down
2. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
(a) a nail
(b) a rubber ball
(c) a poisonous plant
(d) a wire
3. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Angus Grier
(d) Dr. Farnon
4. Who is Tip?
(a) a farmer's dog who is very mistreated
(b) a farmer's dog who sleeps on the front step
(c) a farmer's dog who bites Herriot's leg
(d) a farmer's dog who gets stuck in a well
5. What kind of animals does Herriot treat, with a new vaccine, for the Bramleys?
6. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
(a) for denting up the car
(b) for not having Tristan fix the car
(c) for not fixing the car
(d) for not telling him about the car
7. While he is at the Alderson home, what does Herriot ask Mr. Alderson?
(a) if he can marry Helen
(b) if he can take Helen to London
(c) if he can go to work on his farm
(d) if he can buy his car
8. Helen says something that gives Herriot hope about their relationship, what is it?
(a) next time
(b) I love you
(c) please hold my hand
(d) will you come in
9. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
(a) men faint quicker than women
(b) women faint quicker than men
(c) smaller farmers are more apt to faint
(d) the big ones always pass out first
10. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
(a) he has no older animals
(b) he abuses his animals
(c) he will not keep an old useless animal
(d) he cares for his animals
11. Who is Connie?
(a) Herriot's date for a dance
(b) Helen's sister
(c) Herriot's sister
(d) Miss Harbottle
12. How does Tristan wreck the Austin?
(a) he runs into a ditch
(b) he side swipes another car
(c) he leaves it out of gear
(d) he hits a fence
13. What is wrong with the animal?
(b) lead poisoning
(c) milk fever
14. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
(a) a calf
(b) a lamb
(c) a colt
(d) a puppy
15. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
(a) a whole flock of sheep
(b) a prize Shorthorn cow
(c) an award winning show dog
(d) a registered stallion
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 49, what is wrong with the Austin?
2. What kind of animal does Dr. Farnon treat for a Gypsy family?
3. What is unique about Helen compared to the other characters in the book?
4. What method does Dr. Farnon use to finally convince The Major to pay his bill?
5. What does Herriot wear to his first date with Helen?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)