|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Herriot caught in a fierce snow storm?
(a) he trying to find a farm to answer a call
(b) Tristan took a wrong turn and they got lost
(c) he stayed too late a pub and drank too much
(d) he was out too late with Helen
2. Why does Herriot smell like flowers?
(a) he took a bath in Mrs. Hall's bath salts
(b) he put on some women's purfume
(c) he spent all day in a meadow with flowers
(d) he was wearing Mrs. Hall's coat
3. What new title and responsibility does Herriot take on?
(a) Local Veterinary Inspector of the Local Constable
(b) Local Minister of the Anglican Church
(c) Local Veterinary Inspector for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
(d) Local Constable of the Dales
4. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
(a) a whole flock of sheep
(b) a prize Shorthorn cow
(c) an award winning show dog
(d) a registered stallion
5. What character interrupts the trip to the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Phin Cannon
(b) Stewie Brannon
(d) Mr. Tavener
6. What ultimately happens to the Rudd's animal in chapter 54?
(a) it dies during the night
(b) it dies while Herriot is working on it
(c) it makes a full recovery
(d) it must be put down
7. What is wrong with the animal?
(c) lead poisoning
(d) milk fever
8. To whom does the dog named Dan belong?
9. What kind of animals does Herriot treat, with a new vaccine, for the Bramleys?
10. What does Herriot wear to his first date with Helen?
(a) a pair of trousers and a shirt and tie
(b) a veterinarians coat
(c) a suit he's had since he was 17
(d) a tweed jacket
11. What happens to Miss Stubbs' animals when she dies?
(a) they are given to Miss Stubbs many friends
(b) they are put down
(c) Herriot must find homes for them
(d) her housekeeper takes them
12. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
(b) Dr. Farnon
13. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
(a) his cane
(b) his hat
(c) his car keys
(d) his doctor's bag
14. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) giving drugs away
(b) acting as a vet without a license
(c) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(d) drinking at 1a.m.
15. Who is Connie?
(a) Herriot's date for a dance
(b) Miss Harbottle
(c) Helen's sister
(d) Herriot's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to help Herriot with his diagnosis?
2. Who is Harold Denham?
3. How is farmer Sidlow described?
4. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
5. Who is Tip?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)