|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Dr. Farnon constantly have to battle?
(b) non-paying clients
(c) Herriot's incompetence
(d) his temper
2. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
(a) that one day he will be a partner in the practice
(b) that he would like to sell his practice
(c) that he must learn to be more caring
(d) that he should look to do something else
3. Herriot intends to bet on a horse, but misses the race. How did the horse he wanted to place his money on do in the race?
(a) doesn't finish at all
(b) wins at 10 to 1 odds
(c) places in 2nd at 10 to 1 odds
(d) shows in 3rd at 10 to 1 odds
4. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
(a) he puts it down without the owner's permission
(b) he asks Dr. Farnon to come and help him
(c) he operates and lances the throat abscess
(d) he prays over the animal
5. What is wrong with the animal?
(b) lead poisoning
(c) milk fever
6. What does Tristan think is causing Herriot be so frustrated?
(a) his misdiagnosis of the calf
(b) his relationship with Helen
(c) his relationship with Dr. Farnon
(d) the fact he hurt his foot when he kicked a box
7. Why is Herriot called to the Alderson's home?
(a) because Helen's mother is ill
(b) to help deliver a calf
(c) to operate on their dog
(d) to put down a horse
8. Where do they go to eat?
(a) a local inn and pub
(b) to a restaurant in London
(c) back to Skedale house
(d) the nicest restaurant in town at a hotel
9. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(c) Angus Grier
10. What happens to Miss Stubbs' animals when she dies?
(a) her housekeeper takes them
(b) Herriot must find homes for them
(c) they are given to Miss Stubbs many friends
(d) they are put down
11. How would you characterize the Rudd family at the end of this episode?
(a) they couldn't be happier
(b) they have all contracted the same ailment
(c) they are heart broken
(d) they are furious with Herriot
12. What major event happens in Herriot's life in this final chapter?
(a) he marries Helen
(b) Dr. Farnon dies
(c) he starts his own practice
(d) he finally buys his own place
13. Who is Mr. Worley?
(a) a neighoring vet
(b) a grocer
(c) the local constable
(d) a pig farmer and inn keeper
14. What does Dr. Farnon use to clean the windshield of his car?
(a) a lady's scarf
(b) a dead chicken
(c) his coat
(d) his tie
15. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
(a) Herriot doesn't tell him about it
(b) he tells Herriot to fix it
(c) Tristan is supposed to fix it
(d) he just doesn't get around to it
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs and cats does Miss Stubbs have?
2. What does Herriot do so he can see Helen more often?
3. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
4. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
5. Who are the Taveners?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)