|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Connie and Herriot?
(a) they get lost walking a night
(b) they are caught in a terrible thunderstorm
(c) they have a car wreck
(d) they get drunk and fall in the mud
2. What kind of animals does Herriot treat, with a new vaccine, for the Bramleys?
3. Herriot intends to bet on a horse, but misses the race. How did the horse he wanted to place his money on do in the race?
(a) places in 2nd at 10 to 1 odds
(b) shows in 3rd at 10 to 1 odds
(c) doesn't finish at all
(d) wins at 10 to 1 odds
4. Herriot is treating a sick calf, what is the diagnosis?
(b) lead poisoning
(c) milk fever
5. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
(a) he prays over the animal
(b) he asks Dr. Farnon to come and help him
(c) he puts it down without the owner's permission
(d) he operates and lances the throat abscess
6. What problem does Herriot help the butcher solve?
(a) how to get his car running
(b) how to pay his bill to Dr. Farnon
(c) the birth of twin calves
(d) how to tell if meat is tainted
7. How would you characterize the Rudd family at the end of this episode?
(a) they are heart broken
(b) they have all contracted the same ailment
(c) they couldn't be happier
(d) they are furious with Herriot
8. On another occasion when a farmer faints, Herriot leaves the farmer's change on a pail, how much does the farmer say he is short?
(a) a shilling
(b) 10 shillings
(c) 1 mil
(d) 1 pound
9. What has Dick Rudd just purchased?
(a) a whole flock of sheep
(b) a prize Shorthorn cow
(c) a registered stallion
(d) an award winning show dog
10. What is wrong with the animal?
(a) lead poisoning
(b) milk fever
11. What is noticeable about Mr. Tavener's physical condition?
(a) his hands shake
(b) he is very much overweight
(c) he cannot speak
(d) he has a distinct limp
12. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
(b) Dr. Farnon
13. What is wrong with Helen's animal?
(a) a high fever
(b) a bone in its throat
(c) a broken leg
(d) a rubber ball in its stomach
14. Where are the cattle's identifying tattoos located?
(a) on their front shoulders
(b) on their bellies
(c) on their hips
(d) on their ears
15. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
(a) smaller farmers are more apt to faint
(b) the big ones always pass out first
(c) men faint quicker than women
(d) women faint quicker than men
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the Rudd's animal in chapter 54?
2. What happens to Miss Stubbs' animals when she dies?
3. Who is Dick Rudd?
4. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
5. What kind of animal does Dr. Farnon treat for a Gypsy family?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)