Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Herriot treat Dan?
(d) Dr. Farnon
2. What special talent does Sam Broadbent possess ?
(a) he can sound like a fly
(b) he can run really fast
(c) he can whistle loudly
(d) he can ride a horse really well
3. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
(a) a calf
(b) a lamb
(c) a puppy
(d) a colt
4. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) giving drugs away
(b) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(c) acting as a vet without a license
(d) drinking at 1a.m.
5. What does he have to do to the animals?
(a) worm them
(b) trim their hooves
(c) float their teeth
(d) give them shots
6. What kind of animals does Herriot have to work on when he goes to the Skipton farm?
7. Why is Herriot caught in a fierce snow storm?
(a) he was out too late with Helen
(b) Tristan took a wrong turn and they got lost
(c) he stayed too late a pub and drank too much
(d) he trying to find a farm to answer a call
8. What happens to Dr. Farnon while at the horsetrack?
(a) he gets very drunk
(b) he falls and gets hurt badly
(c) he is asked to put a horse down
(d) he meets an old enemy
9. Herriot intends to bet on a horse, but misses the race. How did the horse he wanted to place his money on do in the race?
(a) places in 2nd at 10 to 1 odds
(b) wins at 10 to 1 odds
(c) shows in 3rd at 10 to 1 odds
(d) doesn't finish at all
10. In the end, what does Herriot buy from the butcher?
(b) some bad meat
(c) a car
(d) a bone saw
11. Who does Herriot begin to date regularly?
12. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
(a) for denting up the car
(b) for not telling him about the car
(c) for not fixing the car
(d) for not having Tristan fix the car
13. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
(a) it was injured when it got caught up in fencing
(b) it has an obstruction in its throat
(c) it has metal in its stomach
(d) it was not castrated properly
14. What does Dr. Farnon tell Herriot about his career?
(a) that one day he will be a partner in the practice
(b) that he should look to do something else
(c) that he must learn to be more caring
(d) that he would like to sell his practice
15. Where do Herriot and Helen go on their second date?
(a) to the cinema
(b) to a dance
(c) to the hotel restaurant
(d) on a walk
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Herriot?
2. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
3. Why won't Dr. Farnon have it fixed?
4. What activity to Denham and Herriot share in common?
5. What ultimately happens to the Rudd's animal in chapter 54?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)