|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is Herriot involved in which is illegal?
(a) giving drugs away
(b) drinking at 1a.m.
(c) taking money from Dr. Farnon
(d) acting as a vet without a license
2. In chapter 46, Herriot has a theory which might be summed up by saying what?
(a) women faint quicker than men
(b) men faint quicker than women
(c) the big ones always pass out first
(d) smaller farmers are more apt to faint
3. What is wrong with Dan?
(a) a broken leg
(b) a dislocated hip
(d) something in his stomach
4. What does Dr. Farnon lose at the horsetrack?
(a) his car keys
(b) his doctor's bag
(c) his cane
(d) his hat
5. Why does Herriot go to Mr. Kay's farm ?
(a) to help deliver a calf
(b) to help round up the cows
(c) to test his cows for disease
(d) to treat an ill horse
6. What surprise does Dr. Farnon have for Herriot?
(a) he is leaving to be the vet at the Northwest Racing Circuit
(b) he makes Herriot a partner
(c) he is retiring
(d) Tristan has moved out
7. What does Herriot do so he can see Helen more often?
(a) he joins the music society
(b) he takes her to a dance every week
(c) he checks on her animals on a regular basis
(d) he calls her often
8. Who is The Major?
(a) Dr. Farnon's father
(b) Dr. Farnon's favorite non-paying customer
(c) Herriot's father
(d) the local constable
9. Who has the opportunity to become the supervising veterinarian at the Northwest Racing Circuit?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(d) Angus Grier
10. What happens to Dr. Farnon while at the horsetrack?
(a) he falls and gets hurt badly
(b) he is asked to put a horse down
(c) he gets very drunk
(d) he meets an old enemy
11. What is wrong the the man who collapses in front of Herriot and Helen?
(a) he is drunk
(b) he has been shot
(c) he has had a heart attack
(d) he is having a seizure
12. Why does Dr. Farnon fuss at Herriot?
(a) for not fixing the car
(b) for denting up the car
(c) for not telling him about the car
(d) for not having Tristan fix the car
13. Who do Connie and Herriot see unexpectedly?
(b) Angus Grier
(c) Dr. Farnon
14. What unusual step does Herriot take in treating this animal?
(a) he prays over the animal
(b) he asks Dr. Farnon to come and help him
(c) he operates and lances the throat abscess
(d) he puts it down without the owner's permission
15. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
(a) he has no older animals
(b) he abuses his animals
(c) he will not keep an old useless animal
(d) he cares for his animals
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the region where Herriot is living?
2. What joke does a farmer play on Herriot?
3. What is wrong with Sidlow's bullock?
4. Who is Mr. Worley?
5. What does Herriot wear to his first date with Helen?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)