|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about his appearance when he arrives at this farm?
(a) he is wearing his pajamas
(b) he has shaved his head
(c) he has no coat and it is cold
(d) he has a new white doctor's coat
2. A farmer wants Herriot to diagnose that his cow has died of what?
(b) milk fever
(c) tumor in the heart
(d) lightening strike
3. Tristan does not do his new job well, what is the result?
(a) many angry clients
(b) the animals begin to suffer
(c) the house begins to become dirty and cluttered
(d) urgent calls are missed
4. In chapter 37, Herriot does surgery on a dog that has what problem?
(a) a rubber ball in its stomach
(b) it has been in a fight
(c) it needs to be castrated
(d) a tumor
5. Who is Nugent?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey's dog
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey's child
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey's servant
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey's pig
6. What is the outcome of Herriot's treatment of the cow?
(a) he trys a new treatment and the cow dies
(b) he trys a new treatment and the calf is lost
(c) he trys a new treatment and the cow is saved
(d) he trys a new treatment and Dan Cooper is furious
7. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
(a) The intestines are twisted
(c) the ears are infected
(d) swollen joints
8. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey
(b) Don Collins
(c) Angus Grier
9. What does Herriot help Grier do?
(a) birth a calf
(b) deliver some pups
(c) prepare for a party
(d) cleanse a cow
10. When Mrs. Pumphrey calls again about Nugent, what problem does she say he has?
(a) he has become to agressive
(b) milk fever
(c) excessive urination
(d) he will not eat
11. Herriot is given what type of car to drive?
(a) land rover
12. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(a) cannot deliver
(b) a prolapse
(c) milk fever
13. What does Herriot realize is true about Angus Grier and Mrs. Mallard
(a) they are neighbors
(b) they are siblings
(c) they are enemies
(d) they are having an affair
14. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
(a) a local farm
(b) the home of Farnon's mistress
(c) a local pub
(d) the parson's house
15. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(b) Miss Harbottle
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter highlights a character fault of Dr. Farnon, what is it?
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
3. Before Herriot and Ruth can leave what family event must take place?
4. What does Herriot find is wrong with the dog when he arrives?
5. Dr. Farnon wants the practice to be more professional so he breaks out what new item?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)