|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Mr. Handshaw's cow have?
(b) she is trying to deliver
(c) milk fever
(d) she is malnurished
2. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
(a) a used cigar
(b) a bag of coins
(c) dinner with the family
(d) a bottle of wine
3. When Mrs. Pumphrey calls again about Nugent, what problem does she say he has?
(a) he has become to agressive
(b) he will not eat
(c) excessive urination
(d) milk fever
4. Chapter 16 is occupied primarily with the story of Tristan and what task?
(a) Working the hunting mare
(b) Trying to get the hens to lay eggs
(c) Feeding the pigs
(d) Cleaning the house
5. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
(a) meeting with a client
(b) delivering a piglet
(c) talking to Ruth
(d) driving home
6. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(a) cannot deliver
(c) milk fever
(d) a prolapse
7. Who goes to Crawford's farm to deliver some ointment?
(b) Miss Harbottle
(c) Dr. Harnon
8. What is the outcome of Herriot's efforts?
(a) Uncle goes and gets a better qualified vet
(b) the bull has to be put down
(c) Uncle helps Herriot bury the horse
(d) a live calf is born
9. What does Herriot realize is true about Angus Grier and Mrs. Mallard
(a) they are having an affair
(b) they are enemies
(c) they are neighbors
(d) they are siblings
10. What does Herriot find is wrong with the dog when he arrives?
(a) it is having an allergic reaction
(c) it does have a bone in its throat
11. Chapter 18 focuses on Herriot remembering an event which took place where?
(a) near his veterinary school
(b) in a client's barn
(c) in Dr. Farnon's car
(d) at a local pub
12. Herriot and Grier are both of what ancestry?
(a) they are both from Wales
(b) they are both Scots
(c) they are both Irish
(d) they are both French
13. What is Herriot doing when he first meets Dr. Farnon?
(a) helping a client
(b) sleeping in the garden
(c) setting in the parlor
(d) talking to the housekeeper
14. Spring brings a new activity for Herriot, what is it?
(c) delivering calves
15. What illness does Dan Cooper's cow have?
(b) milk fever
(d) can't deliver a calf
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 24, there is another problem between what two characters?
2. What is the result of Herriot's treatment of the animal?
3. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
4. What does Mrs. Pumphrey say is Herriot's relationship to Nugent?
5. This chapter highlights a character fault of Dr. Farnon, what is it?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)