|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
(a) they are overheated
(b) they have lead poisoning
(c) they are foundered
(d) they have food poisoning
2. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(a) milk fever
(b) cannot deliver
(d) a prolapse
3. A local resident shares a remedy for lameness with Herriot; what is the remedy?
(a) marshmellow ointment
(b) wild onion ointment
(c) mustard ointment
4. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) lance a pig's ear
(b) treat an ill ewe
(c) help a mare with a delivery
(d) put down a cow
5. What happens because of this discovery?
(a) Dr. Farnon and Herriot have a fight
(b) Dr. Farnon and Tristan have a fight
(c) Herriot must repay the money
(d) Miss Harbottle scolds Dr. Farnon
6. What is wrong with the cow the vets visit in chapter 3?
(a) it has a sore mouth
(b) it has a sore hoof
(d) it needs help delivering
7. Who has been taking money from the petty cash box?
(a) Miss Harbottle
(b) Dr. Farnon
8. What kind of animal does Terry Watson own and Herriot treats?
(a) a newborn lamb
(b) a boar hog
(c) a milk cow
(d) a young goat
9. In chapter 37, Herriot does surgery on a dog that has what problem?
(a) it needs to be castrated
(b) it has been in a fight
(c) a rubber ball in its stomach
(d) a tumor
10. Who goes to Crawford's farm to deliver some ointment?
(b) Miss Harbottle
(d) Dr. Harnon
11. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(c) Miss Harbottle
12. What is given to Herriot at the end of this chapter?
(a) a used cigar
(b) a bag of coins
(c) a bottle of wine
(d) a cup of coffee
13. Ruth Bellerby asks Herriot to take her to what event?
(a) the fair
(b) a carnival
(c) a concert
14. What is the outcome of Herriot's efforts?
(a) Uncle goes and gets a better qualified vet
(b) a live calf is born
(c) Uncle helps Herriot bury the horse
(d) the bull has to be put down
15. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
(a) delivering a piglet
(b) meeting with a client
(c) driving home
(d) talking to Ruth
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 16 is occupied primarily with the story of Tristan and what task?
2. What illness does Dan Cooper's cow have?
3. Dr. Farnon has to do surgery on a cow that has what problem?
4. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
5. Herriot and Grier are both of what ancestry?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)