|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment does Herriot recommend and finally carry out?
(a) he sits up with the horse until the colic passes
(b) he puts the horse down
(c) he rubs down the horse with marshmellow ointment
(d) he gives the horse a painkilling shot
2. Who is Terry Watson?
(a) a local knacker
(b) a young poor farmer
(c) a new veterinarian
(d) a pub owner
3. Who tells the story about the sow's ear?
(a) Miss Harbottle
(b) Dr. Harnon
4. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(a) cannot deliver
(b) milk fever
(d) a prolapse
5. What does Herriot help Grier do?
(a) prepare for a party
(b) birth a calf
(c) deliver some pups
(d) cleanse a cow
6. Who is ill in this chapter?
(b) Ticki Woo
(c) Angus Grier
7. What is the result of Herriot's treatment of the animal?
(a) the boar is castrated
(b) the cow delivers a calf
(c) the animal is put down
(d) complete recovery
8. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
(a) meeting with a client
(b) delivering a piglet
(c) driving home
(d) talking to Ruth
9. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
(a) in a neighbor's garden
(b) under the house
(c) they are not found
(d) in a tree
10. Who is Tristan?
(a) Dr. Farnon's cousin
(b) Herriot's cousin
(c) Dr. Farnon's brother
(d) Herriot's brother
11. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
(a) a bull
(b) a ram
(c) a stallion
(d) a boar hog
12. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey
(b) Don Collins
(c) Angus Grier
13. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) put down a cow
(b) help a mare with a delivery
(c) treat an ill ewe
(d) lance a pig's ear
14. During this account an animal does something to Herriot, what is it?
(a) a cat attacks him
(b) a dog bites him on the hand
(c) a horse picks him up by its mouth
(d) a horse kicks him
15. What is wrong with the cow the vets visit in chapter 3?
(a) it has a sore mouth
(c) it needs help delivering
(d) it has a sore hoof
Short Answer Questions
1. When the book begins what is James Herriot called to do?
2. What is wrong with the first horse Herriot helps treat?
3. A farmer wants Herriot to diagnose that his cow has died of what?
4. Dr. Farnon wants the practice to be more professional so he breaks out what new item?
5. Spring is also the time when what procedure is done on yearling horses?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)