|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Harbottle come to the vet's office?
(a) because of a sick animal
(b) she is expecting
(c) because she is attracted to Dr. Farnon
(d) because of Tristan's mistakes
2. At whose expense does everyone at Dr. Harnon's practice get a good laugh?
(c) Miss Harbottle
3. What does Jeff Mallock do for a living?
(a) he is a vet
(b) he is a farmer
(c) he is a knacker
(d) he is a pub owner
4. What is wrong with the cow the vets visit in chapter 3?
(b) it has a sore mouth
(c) it needs help delivering
(d) it has a sore hoof
5. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(d) Miss Harbottle
6. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
(a) Darrowby House
(b) Yorkshire House
(c) Skedale House
(d) Farnon House
7. What illness does Dan Cooper's cow have?
(b) milk fever
(c) can't deliver a calf
8. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
(b) Don Collins
(c) Angus Grier
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey
9. What is wrong with the first horse Herriot helps treat?
(a) a sore hoof
(b) it is foundered
(d) it has a sore mouth
10. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just left his wife
(b) he has just gotten out of jail
(c) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
(d) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
11. What ailment does Mr. Handshaw's cow have?
(a) she is trying to deliver
(b) milk fever
(d) she is malnurished
12. What interesting custom does Herriot observe in the Cooper's home?
(a) not speaking at a meal
(b) putting their feet in hot water
(c) eating a meal on the floor
(d) eating fresh sausage
13. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(b) cannot deliver
(c) a prolapse
(d) milk fever
14. What kind of animal does Mrs. Pumphrey have?
(a) a cat
(b) a cow
(c) a dog
(d) a goat
15. What is the treatment for the ailing bull in this chapter?
(b) spraying him down with cold water
(c) lancing his ear
(d) epson salt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mallard say is wrong with her dog?
2. Where does the dog spend the night?
3. What does Herriot find is wrong with the dog when he arrives?
4. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
5. What is given to Herriot at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)