|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herriot and Grier are both of what ancestry?
(a) they are both French
(b) they are both from Wales
(c) they are both Irish
(d) they are both Scots
2. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
(a) a bull
(b) a stallion
(c) a ram
(d) a boar hog
3. This animal has a number of health issues, many are caused by what?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey is poor
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey is too old to care for her animal
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey pampers her animal too much
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey is ill
4. What is given to Herriot at the end of this chapter?
(a) a used cigar
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) a cup of coffee
(d) a bag of coins
5. What does Herriot realize is true about Angus Grier and Mrs. Mallard
(a) they are having an affair
(b) they are siblings
(c) they are enemies
(d) they are neighbors
6. Who is Tristan?
(a) Dr. Farnon's cousin
(b) Herriot's cousin
(c) Dr. Farnon's brother
(d) Herriot's brother
7. When Mrs. Pumphrey calls again about Nugent, what problem does she say he has?
(a) excessive urination
(b) milk fever
(c) he will not eat
(d) he has become to agressive
8. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey
(b) Don Collins
(d) Angus Grier
9. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
(a) in a neighbor's garden
(b) in a tree
(c) they are not found
(d) under the house
10. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) treat an ill ewe
(b) help a mare with a delivery
(c) lance a pig's ear
(d) put down a cow
11. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
(b) he has just gotten out of jail
(c) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
(d) he has just left his wife
12. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
(a) dinner with the family
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) a bag of coins
(d) a used cigar
13. New hens and piglets come to live at Skedale house, who is to care for them?
(a) Miss Harbottle
(b) Dr. Farnon
14. What kind of animal does Mrs. Pumphrey have?
(a) a cow
(b) a dog
(c) a cat
(d) a goat
15. In this same chapter, Herriot also operates on a horse that has what problem?
(a) it has mastitis
(b) it has damaged its chest
(c) it has lead poisoning
(d) it is lame
Short Answer Questions
1. Herriot is given what type of car to drive?
2. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
3. Dr. Farnon's procedure results in better health for the cow, what is the other result?
4. What does Mrs. Pumphrey say is Herriot's relationship to Nugent?
5. In this chapter what two animals are lost?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)