|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
(a) it has just had a tumor removed
(b) it is about to have puppies
(c) it has been abandoned
(d) it is lame
2. What is Herriot doing when he first meets Dr. Farnon?
(a) talking to the housekeeper
(b) helping a client
(c) setting in the parlor
(d) sleeping in the garden
3. Dr. Farnon has to do surgery on a cow that has what problem?
(a) it can't deliver its calf
(b) milk fever
(d) a wire stuck in its second stomach
4. This animal has a number of health issues, many are caused by what?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey is too old to care for her animal
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey pampers her animal too much
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey is poor
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey is ill
5. What is a knacker?
(a) it is a person who works for a pub owner
(b) a person who takes and uses or sells spare animal renderings
(c) it is a poisonous plant
(d) it is an ailment in cows
6. Who is Miss Harbottle?
(a) a new client
(b) Tristan's girlfriend
(c) a new accountant
(d) one of Dr. Farnon's followers
7. What does Jeff Mallock do for a living?
(a) he is a vet
(b) he is a knacker
(c) he is a pub owner
(d) he is a farmer
8. Who is Nugent?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey's servant
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey's child
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey's pig
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey's dog
9. Who tells the story about the sow's ear?
(a) Dr. Harnon
(b) Miss Harbottle
10. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(a) Miss Harbottle
11. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
(a) a bottle of wine
(b) a bag of coins
(c) dinner with the family
(d) a used cigar
12. What is unusual about his appearance when he arrives at this farm?
(a) he has shaved his head
(b) he has a new white doctor's coat
(c) he has no coat and it is cold
(d) he is wearing his pajamas
13. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) treat an ill ewe
(b) lance a pig's ear
(c) help a mare with a delivery
(d) put down a cow
14. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
(a) the dog goes into a coma
(b) the dog has to be put down
(c) the dog is sold to another owner
(d) the dog makes a full recovery
15. What kind of animal does Mrs. Pumphrey have?
(a) a cow
(b) a cat
(c) a goat
(d) a dog
Short Answer Questions
1. During this account an animal does something to Herriot, what is it?
2. What interesting custom does Herriot observe in the Cooper's home?
3. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
4. What is the effect of her ailment?
5. In chapter 11, what must Herriot do, which is difficult?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)