Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about his appearance when he arrives at this farm?
(a) he has no coat and it is cold
(b) he has a new white doctor's coat
(c) he has shaved his head
(d) he is wearing his pajamas
2. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
(a) it is lame
(b) it is about to have puppies
(c) it has been abandoned
(d) it has just had a tumor removed
3. What does Herriot help Grier do?
(a) birth a calf
(b) deliver some pups
(c) cleanse a cow
(d) prepare for a party
4. Who is Nugent?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey's servant
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey's dog
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey's child
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey's pig
5. What is the outcome of Herriot's treatment of the cow?
(a) he trys a new treatment and the cow is saved
(b) he trys a new treatment and Dan Cooper is furious
(c) he trys a new treatment and the cow dies
(d) he trys a new treatment and the calf is lost
6. What illness does Dan Cooper's cow have?
(a) can't deliver a calf
(d) milk fever
7. Who goes to Crawford's farm to deliver some ointment?
(a) Dr. Harnon
(d) Miss Harbottle
8. Spring brings a new activity for Herriot, what is it?
(d) delivering calves
9. Who is Miss Harbottle?
(a) a new accountant
(b) a new client
(c) one of Dr. Farnon's followers
(d) Tristan's girlfriend
10. In this same chapter, Herriot also operates on a horse that has what problem?
(a) it has damaged its chest
(b) it has mastitis
(c) it has lead poisoning
(d) it is lame
11. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
(a) driving home
(b) talking to Ruth
(c) meeting with a client
(d) delivering a piglet
12. What does Mrs. Mallard say is wrong with her dog?
(a) it has a tumor
(b) it has a bone in its throat
(c) it can't get up
(d) excessive urination
13. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
(b) he has just gotten out of jail
(c) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
(d) he has just left his wife
14. A local resident shares a remedy for lameness with Herriot; what is the remedy?
(a) wild onion ointment
(b) marshmellow ointment
(d) mustard ointment
15. What does Herriot realize is true about Angus Grier and Mrs. Mallard
(a) they are enemies
(b) they are siblings
(c) they are having an affair
(d) they are neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 11, what must Herriot do, which is difficult?
2. During this account an animal does something to Herriot, what is it?
3. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
4. Where does the dog spend the night?
5. Dr. Farnon has to do surgery on a cow that has what problem?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)