|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Farnon's procedure results in better health for the cow, what is the other result?
(a) Herriot is injured
(b) Dr. Farnon is covered with a foul fluid from the cow
(c) Dr. Farnon is injured
(d) Dr. Farnon gets angry at his client
2. Who has been taking money from the petty cash box?
(b) Miss Harbottle
(d) Dr. Farnon
3. What does Mrs. Mallard say is wrong with her dog?
(a) it can't get up
(b) excessive urination
(c) it has a tumor
(d) it has a bone in its throat
4. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) treat an ill ewe
(b) put down a cow
(c) lance a pig's ear
(d) help a mare with a delivery
5. What is the treatment that the doctors' recommend?
(a) Ticki Woo is put on a liquid diet
(b) Ticki Woo is to come stay at Skedale House for 2 weeks
(c) Ticki Woo has to have surgery
(d) Ticki Woo is sewn up
6. A farmer wants Herriot to diagnose that his cow has died of what?
(a) milk fever
(c) tumor in the heart
(d) lightening strike
7. What is the central issue that Dr. Farnon raises in this confrontation?
(a) Tristan's lack of responsibility
(b) Ruth's advances toward him
(c) Miss Harbottle's handling of the finances
(d) Herriot's handling of animals
8. The Copfield farm is known for what?
(a) the stable of horses
(b) the wool from its sheep
(c) the size of its hogs
(d) wild cattle
9. Who invites Herriot to a party?
(b) Tricki Woo
(c) Dr. Farnon
10. What is the treatment for the ailing bull in this chapter?
(b) lancing his ear
(c) spraying him down with cold water
(d) epson salt
11. In this chapter what two animals are lost?
(a) a pig and a mare
(b) two goats
(c) a dog and a cow
(d) two hens
12. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
(a) the dog has to be put down
(b) the dog is sold to another owner
(c) the dog goes into a coma
(d) the dog makes a full recovery
13. Who goes to Crawford's farm to deliver some ointment?
(b) Miss Harbottle
(d) Dr. Harnon
14. A local resident shares a remedy for lameness with Herriot; what is the remedy?
(a) mustard ointment
(c) wild onion ointment
(d) marshmellow ointment
15. This chapter reveals that Dr. Farnon has a surprising following of _____________.
(b) cattle breeders
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Terry Watson?
2. What job does Tristan have to do for Dr. Farnon?
3. Before Herriot and Ruth can leave what family event must take place?
4. Who is Nugent?
5. In chapter 37, Herriot does surgery on a dog that has what problem?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)