|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment does Herriot recommend and finally carry out?
(a) he sits up with the horse until the colic passes
(b) he puts the horse down
(c) he rubs down the horse with marshmellow ointment
(d) he gives the horse a painkilling shot
2. What is the treatment that the doctors' recommend?
(a) Ticki Woo is put on a liquid diet
(b) Ticki Woo is sewn up
(c) Ticki Woo has to have surgery
(d) Ticki Woo is to come stay at Skedale House for 2 weeks
3. What is wrong with the first horse Herriot helps treat?
(a) a sore hoof
(b) it has a sore mouth
(c) it is foundered
4. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
(a) they have food poisoning
(b) they are foundered
(c) they are overheated
(d) they have lead poisoning
5. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
(a) a used cigar
(b) dinner with the family
(c) a bottle of wine
(d) a bag of coins
6. Who goes to Crawford's farm to deliver some ointment?
(b) Dr. Harnon
(c) Miss Harbottle
7. What is Herriot doing when he first meets Dr. Farnon?
(a) talking to the housekeeper
(b) helping a client
(c) sleeping in the garden
(d) setting in the parlor
8. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
(a) Yorkshire House
(b) Farnon House
(c) Darrowby House
(d) Skedale House
9. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
(a) Don Collins
(b) Angus Grier
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey
10. What does Mrs. Pumphrey say is Herriot's relationship to Nugent?
(a) she calls Herriot, Nugent's savior
(b) she calls Herriot, Nugent's father
(c) she calls Herriot, Nugent's uncle
(d) she calls Herriot, Nugent's cousin
11. Who is Miss Harbottle?
(a) a new client
(b) one of Dr. Farnon's followers
(c) Tristan's girlfriend
(d) a new accountant
12. Chapter 18 focuses on Herriot remembering an event which took place where?
(a) near his veterinary school
(b) at a local pub
(c) in Dr. Farnon's car
(d) in a client's barn
13. In chapter 37, Herriot does surgery on a dog that has what problem?
(a) it needs to be castrated
(b) a rubber ball in its stomach
(c) a tumor
(d) it has been in a fight
14. Spring is also the time when what procedure is done on yearling horses?
(a) their hoofs are trimmed
(b) they must be curried
(d) their hoofs are shod
15. Who tells the story about the sow's ear?
(a) Dr. Harnon
(b) Miss Harbottle
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter nine Tristan and Herriot treat a cow with a condition called prolapse, what is this?
2. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
3. What is the central issue that Dr. Farnon raises in this confrontation?
4. The Copfield farm is known for what?
5. Who invites Herriot to a party?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)