Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
(a) the dog is sold to another owner
(b) the dog goes into a coma
(c) the dog has to be put down
(d) the dog makes a full recovery
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just gotten out of jail
(b) he has just left his wife
(c) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
(d) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
3. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
(a) a local pub
(b) the home of Farnon's mistress
(c) a local farm
(d) the parson's house
4. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
(a) Yorkshire House
(b) Skedale House
(c) Darrowby House
(d) Farnon House
5. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
(a) becoming the housekeeper
(b) taking care of monthly billing and receipts
(c) feeding the stock animals
(d) answering the early morning calls
6. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
(a) a bag of coins
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) dinner with the family
(d) a used cigar
7. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
(a) it has just had a tumor removed
(b) it is lame
(c) it has been abandoned
(d) it is about to have puppies
8. Who is ill in this chapter?
(a) Ticki Woo
(d) Angus Grier
9. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
(a) in a tree
(b) they are not found
(c) in a neighbor's garden
(d) under the house
10. What about Herriot is a surprise to Phin Calvert?
(a) that he is so rough with the animals
(b) that he didn't use new scientific techniques
(c) that he will only use new scientific techniques
(d) that he can't decide on appropriate treaments
11. What does Mrs. Mallard say is wrong with her dog?
(a) it can't get up
(b) it has a bone in its throat
(c) excessive urination
(d) it has a tumor
12. During this account an animal does something to Herriot, what is it?
(a) a dog bites him on the hand
(b) a horse picks him up by its mouth
(c) a horse kicks him
(d) a cat attacks him
13. New hens and piglets come to live at Skedale house, who is to care for them?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(c) Miss Harbottle
14. What does Herriot realize is true about Angus Grier and Mrs. Mallard
(a) they are enemies
(b) they are neighbors
(c) they are siblings
(d) they are having an affair
15. What ailment does Mr. Handshaw's cow have?
(a) milk fever
(b) she is trying to deliver
(d) she is malnurished
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dog spend the night?
2. Herriot has to go and stay with what character?
3. Chapter 18 focuses on Herriot remembering an event which took place where?
4. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
5. In chapter 24, there is another problem between what two characters?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)