|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the treatment that the doctors' recommend?
(a) Ticki Woo is sewn up
(b) Ticki Woo has to have surgery
(c) Ticki Woo is put on a liquid diet
(d) Ticki Woo is to come stay at Skedale House for 2 weeks
2. What is given to Herriot at the end of this chapter?
(a) a cup of coffee
(b) a used cigar
(c) a bottle of wine
(d) a bag of coins
3. Dr. Farnon's procedure results in better health for the cow, what is the other result?
(a) Dr. Farnon gets angry at his client
(b) Dr. Farnon is injured
(c) Dr. Farnon is covered with a foul fluid from the cow
(d) Herriot is injured
4. What is the effect of her ailment?
(a) she cannot get up
(b) she cannot give milk
(c) she cannot eat
(d) she becomes violent
5. This animal has a number of health issues, many are caused by what?
(a) Mrs. Pumphrey pampers her animal too much
(b) Mrs. Pumphrey is ill
(c) Mrs. Pumphrey is too old to care for her animal
(d) Mrs. Pumphrey is poor
6. At whose expense does everyone at Dr. Harnon's practice get a good laugh?
(a) Miss Harbottle
7. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
(a) a stallion
(b) a bull
(c) a boar hog
(d) a ram
8. The Copfield farm is known for what?
(a) the wool from its sheep
(b) the stable of horses
(c) the size of its hogs
(d) wild cattle
9. Chapter 16 is occupied primarily with the story of Tristan and what task?
(a) Trying to get the hens to lay eggs
(b) Feeding the pigs
(c) Cleaning the house
(d) Working the hunting mare
10. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(a) Miss Harbottle
11. What does Herriot help Grier do?
(a) cleanse a cow
(b) birth a calf
(c) deliver some pups
(d) prepare for a party
12. In this same chapter, Herriot also operates on a horse that has what problem?
(a) it has mastitis
(b) it has lead poisoning
(c) it has damaged its chest
(d) it is lame
13. What treatment does Herriot recommend and finally carry out?
(a) he gives the horse a painkilling shot
(b) he sits up with the horse until the colic passes
(c) he rubs down the horse with marshmellow ointment
(d) he puts the horse down
14. What illness does Dan Cooper's cow have?
(a) can't deliver a calf
(c) milk fever
15. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
(a) the dog goes into a coma
(b) the dog is sold to another owner
(c) the dog makes a full recovery
(d) the dog has to be put down
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tristan?
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
3. Who is Terry Watson?
4. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
5. Who invites Herriot to a party?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)