|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Copfield farm is known for what?
(a) the stable of horses
(b) the size of its hogs
(c) wild cattle
(d) the wool from its sheep
2. What happens because of this discovery?
(a) Herriot must repay the money
(b) Miss Harbottle scolds Dr. Farnon
(c) Dr. Farnon and Tristan have a fight
(d) Dr. Farnon and Herriot have a fight
3. What does Herriot help Grier do?
(a) cleanse a cow
(b) birth a calf
(c) deliver some pups
(d) prepare for a party
4. In chapter 31, what is Herriot called on to do?
(a) treat an ill ewe
(b) put down a cow
(c) help a mare with a delivery
(d) lance a pig's ear
5. What is the name of Dr. Farnon's home?
(a) Yorkshire House
(b) Skedale House
(c) Farnon House
(d) Darrowby House
6. What interesting custom does Herriot observe in the Cooper's home?
(a) not speaking at a meal
(b) putting their feet in hot water
(c) eating a meal on the floor
(d) eating fresh sausage
7. This chapter highlights a character fault of Dr. Farnon, what is it?
(a) he constantly lies
(b) his lack of consistency
(c) he drinks heavily
(d) he misuses his money
8. Herriot is given what type of car to drive?
(d) land rover
9. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
(a) the parson's house
(b) a local farm
(c) the home of Farnon's mistress
(d) a local pub
10. When Mrs. Pumphrey calls again about Nugent, what problem does she say he has?
(a) he will not eat
(b) milk fever
(c) he has become to agressive
(d) excessive urination
11. At whose expense does everyone at Dr. Harnon's practice get a good laugh?
(d) Miss Harbottle
12. Why does Miss Harbottle come to the vet's office?
(a) she is expecting
(b) because of Tristan's mistakes
(c) because of a sick animal
(d) because she is attracted to Dr. Farnon
13. What treatment does Herriot recommend and finally carry out?
(a) he gives the horse a painkilling shot
(b) he sits up with the horse until the colic passes
(c) he rubs down the horse with marshmellow ointment
(d) he puts the horse down
14. What is Herriot doing when he first meets Dr. Farnon?
(a) helping a client
(b) setting in the parlor
(c) talking to the housekeeper
(d) sleeping in the garden
15. What does Mrs. Pumphrey say is Herriot's relationship to Nugent?
(a) she calls Herriot, Nugent's savior
(b) she calls Herriot, Nugent's uncle
(c) she calls Herriot, Nugent's cousin
(d) she calls Herriot, Nugent's father
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter nine Tristan and Herriot treat a cow with a condition called prolapse, what is this?
2. What does Herriot find is wrong with the dog when he arrives?
3. Where does the dog spend the night?
4. Dr. Farnon has to do surgery on a cow that has what problem?
5. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)