|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Copfield farm is known for what?
(a) the size of its hogs
(b) the stable of horses
(c) the wool from its sheep
(d) wild cattle
2. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
(a) he has just failed his veterinarian exams.
(b) he has just left his wife
(c) he has just gotten out of jail
(d) he has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness
3. Dr. Farnon wants the practice to be more professional so he breaks out what new item?
(a) a new car
(b) new surgery instruments
(c) a new operating table
(d) a new white coat
4. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
(a) under the house
(b) in a neighbor's garden
(c) they are not found
(d) in a tree
5. Crawford, a local farmer complains about whom, at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Dr. Harnon
(c) Miss Harbottle
6. What does Mrs. Pumphrey say is Herriot's relationship to Nugent?
(a) she calls Herriot, Nugent's cousin
(b) she calls Herriot, Nugent's uncle
(c) she calls Herriot, Nugent's savior
(d) she calls Herriot, Nugent's father
7. Who is Miss Harbottle?
(a) a new accountant
(b) Tristan's girlfriend
(c) a new client
(d) one of Dr. Farnon's followers
8. At whose expense does everyone at Dr. Harnon's practice get a good laugh?
(d) Miss Harbottle
9. Who has been taking money from the petty cash box?
(a) Dr. Farnon
(c) Miss Harbottle
10. What happens because of this discovery?
(a) Dr. Farnon and Herriot have a fight
(b) Dr. Farnon and Tristan have a fight
(c) Miss Harbottle scolds Dr. Farnon
(d) Herriot must repay the money
11. What ailment does Mr. Handshaw's cow have?
(b) she is trying to deliver
(c) she is malnurished
(d) milk fever
12. What other diagnosis does Herriot make?
(a) a weak heart
(b) torn ligaments
(c) a broken pelvis
(d) lead poisoning
13. What is wrong with the cow the vets visit in chapter 3?
(b) it has a sore mouth
(c) it needs help delivering
(d) it has a sore hoof
14. Who is Angus Grier?
(a) a pub owner
(b) the local parson
(c) a neighboring veterinarian
(d) a local farmer
15. Why does Miss Harbottle come to the vet's office?
(a) because of a sick animal
(b) because she is attracted to Dr. Farnon
(c) she is expecting
(d) because of Tristan's mistakes
Short Answer Questions
1. Herriot and Grier are both of what ancestry?
2. What about Herriot is a surprise to Phin Calvert?
3. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
4. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
5. What is wrong with the first horse Herriot helps treat?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)