|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
(a) they have food poisoning
(b) they are overheated
(c) they have lead poisoning
(d) they are foundered
2. In this chapter what two animals are lost?
(a) two hens
(b) a pig and a mare
(c) two goats
(d) a dog and a cow
3. This chapter reveals that Dr. Farnon has a surprising following of _____________.
(a) cattle breeders
4. What does Jeff Mallock do for a living?
(a) he is a pub owner
(b) he is a knacker
(c) he is a vet
(d) he is a farmer
5. Herriot treats a cow in this chapter, what is her ailment?
(a) a prolapse
(b) milk fever
(c) cannot deliver
6. Who is ill in this chapter?
(b) Angus Grier
(c) Ticki Woo
7. During this account an animal does something to Herriot, what is it?
(a) a horse picks him up by its mouth
(b) a dog bites him on the hand
(c) a cat attacks him
(d) a horse kicks him
8. At whose expense does everyone at Dr. Harnon's practice get a good laugh?
(b) Miss Harbottle
9. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(c) Miss Harbottle
10. In this same chapter, Herriot also operates on a horse that has what problem?
(a) it has lead poisoning
(b) it has damaged its chest
(c) it has mastitis
(d) it is lame
11. What is a knacker?
(a) it is a poisonous plant
(b) a person who takes and uses or sells spare animal renderings
(c) it is a person who works for a pub owner
(d) it is an ailment in cows
12. A farmer wants Herriot to diagnose that his cow has died of what?
(a) tumor in the heart
(c) milk fever
(d) lightening strike
13. Who goes to Crawford's farm to deliver some ointment?
(b) Miss Harbottle
(c) Dr. Harnon
14. A local resident shares a remedy for lameness with Herriot; what is the remedy?
(a) marshmellow ointment
(c) mustard ointment
(d) wild onion ointment
15. Spring is also the time when what procedure is done on yearling horses?
(a) their hoofs are trimmed
(b) their hoofs are shod
(d) they must be curried
Short Answer Questions
1. What other diagnosis does Herriot make?
2. What about Herriot is a surprise to Phin Calvert?
3. Herriot is injured while trying to operate on what kind of animal?
4. What has just happened in Tristan's life?
5. What job does Tristan have to do for Dr. Farnon?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)