|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46 | Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Herriot to a party?
(a) Tricki Woo
(b) Dr. Farnon
2. What new title and responsibility does Herriot take on?
(a) Local Constable of the Dales
(b) Local Veterinary Inspector for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
(c) Local Veterinary Inspector of the Local Constable
(d) Local Minister of the Anglican Church
3. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
(a) swollen joints
(b) the ears are infected
(d) The intestines are twisted
4. In chapter 20 who does Dr. Farnon confront?
(c) Miss Harbottle
5. When the book begins what is James Herriot called to do?
(a) help a bull which has gone down and cannot get up
(b) put down a horse
(c) operate on a dog who has be kicked by a horse
(d) deliver a calf
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
2. In chapter 24, there is another problem between what two characters?
3. Where does the dog spend the night?
4. Who is Queenie?
5. Spring is also the time when what procedure is done on yearling horses?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)