|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 | Chapter 20 | Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
(a) swollen joints
(b) the ears are infected
(d) The intestines are twisted
2. New hens and piglets come to live at Skedale house, who is to care for them?
(b) Dr. Farnon
(c) Miss Harbottle
3. What is Herriot doing when he first meets Dr. Farnon?
(a) helping a client
(b) talking to the housekeeper
(c) setting in the parlor
(d) sleeping in the garden
4. Where does the dog spend the night?
(a) in Herriot's room
(b) in front of the fire
(c) in Tristan's room
(d) outside on the porch
5. What is the outcome of Herriot's efforts?
(a) a live calf is born
(b) Uncle goes and gets a better qualified vet
(c) the bull has to be put down
(d) Uncle helps Herriot bury the horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
2. Why does Miss Harbottle come to the vet's office?
3. This animal has a number of health issues, many are caused by what?
4. Tristan next is asked to care for a dog which has what problem?
5. Who has been taking money from the petty cash box?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)