|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14 | Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5 Herriot is called to treat a horse that is afflicted with torsion, what is this ailment?
(a) The intestines are twisted
(b) swollen joints
(d) the ears are infected
2. This chapter reveals that Dr. Farnon has a surprising following of _____________.
(b) cattle breeders
3. In chapter 11, what must Herriot do, which is difficult?
(a) put down a prize horse
(b) put down a family's only milk cow
(c) put down a sick lamb
(d) put an elderly man's dog down
4. The Copfield farm is known for what?
(a) the size of its hogs
(b) the wool from its sheep
(c) wild cattle
(d) the stable of horses
5. What is wrong with the cow the vets visit in chapter 3?
(b) it needs help delivering
(c) it has a sore hoof
(d) it has a sore mouth
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, Tristan is given what responsibility?
2. Who is supposed to answer the phone each morning at the vet's office?
3. Who is Miss Harbottle?
4. Dr. Farnon and Herriot stop at what location on their way home?
5. Herriot is called home because the hen's have escaped; where are they found?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)