|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 56 | Chapter 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about Mr. Skipton?
(a) he cares for his animals
(b) he will not keep an old useless animal
(c) he abuses his animals
(d) he has no older animals
2. What is the treatment for the ailing bull in this chapter?
(a) epson salt
(b) lancing his ear
(c) spraying him down with cold water
3. What does Herriot do so he can see Helen more often?
(a) he checks on her animals on a regular basis
(b) he joins the music society
(c) he calls her often
(d) he takes her to a dance every week
4. What is Herriot taking out of a cow's stomach when one farmer faints?
(a) a nail
(b) a rubber ball
(c) a poisonous plant
(d) a wire
5. Who tells the story about the sow's ear?
(b) Dr. Harnon
(d) Miss Harbottle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of the treatment for Ticki Woo?
2. What does Herriot find is wrong with the dog when he arrives?
3. What kind of animal does Terry Watson own and Herriot treats?
4. What special talent does Sam Broadbent possess ?
5. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)