|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40 | Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herriot falls asleep after the party while he is doing what?
(a) meeting with a client
(b) driving home
(c) delivering a piglet
(d) talking to Ruth
2. What is unique about Helen compared to the other characters in the book?
(a) she is a young woman about Herriot's age
(b) she is blind
(c) she is married to a very mean man
(d) she is from Herriot's home town
3. In chapter 11, what must Herriot do, which is difficult?
(a) put down a prize horse
(b) put down a family's only milk cow
(c) put down a sick lamb
(d) put an elderly man's dog down
4. What gift is Herriot given as payment for this act?
(a) a used cigar
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) a bag of coins
(d) dinner with the family
5. What special talent does Sam Broadbent possess ?
(a) he can run really fast
(b) he can sound like a fly
(c) he can ride a horse really well
(d) he can whistle loudly
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central issue that Dr. Farnon raises in this confrontation?
2. What kind of animal does Herriot work on when he visits Helen's house?
3. What problem do the six steers have in this chapter?
4. Why does Herriot go to Mr. Kay's farm ?
5. Dr. Farnon's procedure results in better health for the cow, what is the other result?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)