|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors were prevalent while Gerda was on vacation?
(a) Jews will be hunted down and put into the concentration camps.
(b) The war will soon be over!
(c) War will start soon.
(d) She was pregnant.
2. During her errands, who does Gerda get angry with?
(a) The shoemaker.
(b) Her father.
(c) The baker.
(d) Her mother.
3. Does it seem likely the Weissmanns will be shipped out of Poland?
(a) No, the Germans want to keep the Weissmanns in Poland.
(b) No, they are all hiding.
(c) Yes. Only because they are escaping.
(d) Yes. It is fast apporaching.
4. What does the sign outside of the fur factory say?
(a) Jews Not Allowed to Enter.
(b) Dogs Not Allowed on Premises.
(c) No One is Allowed Inside.
(d) Dogs and Jews Not Allowed to Enter.
5. What happens to many Jews after Christmas in Poland?
(a) The Nazi's steal their hair.
(b) The Jew's food rations are cut in half.
(c) They are killed in the woods.
(d) The Germans leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur send his parents that makes them happy?
2. What must Jews now wear?
3. What do the Germans decide to take from Gerda's friend, Ilse?
4. Who brings the news of Arthur's letters?
5. What are the Polish people hopeful for?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what camp is Julius to be moved?
2. How is Mr. Pipersberg treated when he goes to check on the fur factory?
3. What is ALL BUT MY LIFE about?
4. On April 19, 1941, the Jews were ordered to do what?
5. Where does Gerda meet Abek?
6. Why does Gerda decide to visit Sonowtiz?
7. What does Gerda's family give her for her birthday?
8. What does Abek promise to bring Julius?
9. What does Julius make Gerda promise?
10. Gerda and other girls are sent to what camp?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)