|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gerda sorry about missing?
(a) Her brother's presence.
(b) The life that a woman her age should have.
(c) All of her friends.
(d) An experience with a boy.
2. What does Arthur give to Gerda before he leaves?
(a) a necklace.
(b) some money.
(c) his love.
(d) a piece of glass.
3. Which of the Jewish population is virtually gone?
(a) young men.
(c) young women.
4. Where does Gerda spend most of her time before she is sent away?
(a) Her family's garden.
(b) With her father in his study.
(c) With Erika at her house.
(d) Her family's old home.
5. How many Jews are left in Gerda's village?
(c) around 300.
(d) around 500.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period does the book take place?
2. What is special about the last letter they receive in the chapter?
3. Where do the Weissmanns live in the Jewish Ghetto?
4. How many Jewish families are left in the Ghetto?
5. What must Jews now wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gerda decide to visit Sonowtiz?
2. Who does Gerda get to say goodbye to?
3. How long does it take the Germans to conquer Poland?
4. What does Arthur give Gerda?
5. What does Abek promise to bring Julius?
6. What do the Weismanns sell to make ends meet?
7. What type of job do the women perform?
8. Why does Arthur go to visit his girlfriend and what does he find?
9. On April 19, 1941, the Jews were ordered to do what?
10. What horrible sign is hanging when Mr. Pipersberg goes to the factory?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)