|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerda console herself?
(a) She buys herself a treat.
(b) She cannot console herself at all.
(c) She thinks about the good times.
(d) She writes a poem.
2. What news does Gerda receive from her friend, Erika?
(a) She is being sent to a work camp.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She will graduate college soon.
(d) Erika is to marry her love, Henrek.
3. Where do the Weissmanns live in the Jewish Ghetto?
(a) Over looking the river.
(b) In a large townhouse.
(c) In a small crowded apartment with another family.
(d) In a shatty town.
4. What happens on the trip?
(a) Her brother gets into fights with other vacationers.
(b) She falls in love with a boy.
(c) Her mother has an affiair with another man.
(d) Her father becomes extremely ill.
5. What does Arthur send his parents that makes them happy?
(b) Letters & money.
(c) He can get nothing through to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gerda's family concerned about the occupation of their town?
2. Why does the winter seem to be so long?
3. During her errands, who does Gerda get angry with?
4. What must Jews now wear?
5. Why does Gerda think the Jewish people did not resist the Germans' takeover of their lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Gerda's father while he is sick?
2. What does Abek promise to bring Julius?
3. What does Helene tell Gerda as they are separated?
4. What must Jews wear sewn on their clothes?
5. How long does it take the Germans to conquer Poland?
6. On April 19, 1941, the Jews were ordered to do what?
7. After the invasion, what are the Jews forced to do?
8. Why does Gerda decide to visit Sonowtiz?
9. How is Mr. Pipersberg treated when he goes to check on the fur factory?
10. What type of flower would Gerda pick with her mother?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)