|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene wish for Gerda to be throughout the rest of this horrible experience?
(a) To pray for her.
(b) Look for her brother.
(c) She wants her daughter to be strong.
(d) She hopes her daughter can die in peace.
2. Where do Gerda and her family live?
(d) Czech Republic.
3. What is special about the last letter they receive in the chapter?
(a) It is scented with Arthur's cologne.
(b) The letter is very long.
(c) The letter is in Arthur's handwriting.
(d) The letter came quickly.
4. When is Gerda's birthday?
(a) March 12th.
(b) December 15th.
(c) January 12th.
(d) May 8th.
5. What are Jews forced to give up after the invasion?
(b) their pets.
(c) their children.
(d) all valuables including jewelry, cars and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Jewish men have to go?
2. Where do the Weissmanns live in the Jewish Ghetto?
3. Why is she angry with this person?
4. Why do Gerda and her friend spend so much time in the town's graveyard?
5. Where did Gerda and Helene vacation the previous summer before the invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the invasion, what are the Jews forced to do?
2. How many Jews are left in the city of Bielitz?
3. Who does Gerda receive a letter from, and what is the letter about?
4. Where does Gerda meet Abek?
5. What does Helene tell Gerda as they are separated?
6. What type of flower would Gerda pick with her mother?
7. Where do Gerda and her family live in the Ghetto?
8. How is Mr. Pipersberg treated when he goes to check on the fur factory?
9. What is taken from Gerda?
10. What does Gerda attempt to console herself with as things change?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)