|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs Berger slap one of the girls?
(a) She never slaps anyone.
(b) To enjoy violence.
(c) To establish her authority among the lower ranked Jewish women.
(d) To prove herself to the Germans.
2. What do some Jewish parents do to avoid Auschwitz?
(a) Shoot themselves in the head.
(b) Kill Nazis in protest.
(c) Poison themselves and their families.
(d) Go to Russia.
3. Gerda longs for what season to come and make her feel better?
4. How does Gerda feel about living in the Jewish Ghetto?
(a) Relieved that she will not be going to a concentration camp.
(b) Glad her parents will be with her.
(c) Angry for being robbed of her life.
(d) Nervous and angry she is forced to move.
5. To whom is Gerda able to vent her fears and frustrations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of job is Gerda given in the work camp? Does she enjoy the work?
2. Why is Gerda's family concerned about the occupation of their town?
3. To Gerda's surprise and joy, who is at the new camp?
4. What does Frau Aufsicht make several girls do for her entertainment?
5. What does Arthur refuse Gerda?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)