|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Pipersberg once he returns to the Weissmann home?
(a) He is beaten by Nazis.
(b) He steals all the Weissmann money.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is taken to prison.
2. What must Jews now wear?
(a) Blue colored attire.
(b) The star of David and the word "Jew" on their clothes.
(c) Specific shoes.
(d) A Star of David necklace.
3. How long does it take for Poland to become fully occupied?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 years.
4. What news does Gerda's family receive in mid October?
(a) All men between fifteen and sixty must register.
(b) The Germans have been defeated.
(c) The allies do not wish to help them.
(d) Their family has been killed.
5. What does Arthur send his parents that makes them happy?
(b) He can get nothing through to them.
(c) Letters & money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Weissmanns' non-Jewish neighbors react to the occupation?
2. What do Mr. Pipersberg and Gerda's father have in common?
3. What is the family told is happening to Arthur's letters?
4. Where do Gerda and her family live?
5. How does Gerda's father try to help his children?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)