|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur say in his letter?
(a) He will be promoted.
(b) He wants to marry his girlfriend.
(c) The German treat him well.
(d) He wishes for Gerda to be strong.
2. What happens to Mr. Pipersberg once he returns to the Weissmann home?
(a) He is beaten by Nazis.
(b) He is taken to prison.
(c) He steals all the Weissmann money.
(d) He is robbed.
3. What do Gerda and Helene do to make money?
(a) Knit apparel.
(b) Make hats.
(c) Create paintings.
(d) Make buttons.
4. Why is Gerda's family concerned about the occupation of their town?
(a) They do not have money to pay off their creditors.
(b) They think all of their money will be stolen.
(c) They are concerned because they are of Jewish heritage.
(d) They fear the wrath of the Russians.
5. Why didn't the Weissmanns get out of Poland sooner?
(a) Gerda's mother was pregnant and it would have been too hard on her.
(b) Gerda's mother was extremely sick.
(c) Gerda refused to leave.
(d) Gerda's father was recovering from a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Gerda's family receive in mid October?
2. Who brings the news of Arthur's letters?
3. What does the family learn about Arthur?
4. How long does it take for Poland to become fully occupied?
5. Which of the Jewish population is virtually gone?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)