|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the Germans lose ground on the Eastern Front, what privileges do the women lose?
(a) The right to showers.
(b) The ability to wear clothes.
(c) Food ration privledges.
(d) The ability to receive mail.
2. What is Gerda's new destiny?
(a) She will marry Abek.
(b) She will reunite with her family.
(c) She will soon be transported to another camp.
(d) The war is over and she will be free.
3. How long does Suze think she and Gerda will be at the new work camp?
(a) A year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three months.
4. Soon after the invasion, what do all townspeople have to do?
(a) They must give up all their food.
(b) They are not pressured to do anything.
(c) They must register with the Nazis.
(d) Get tattoos of their names.
5. What is special about the last letter they receive in the chapter?
(a) It is scented with Arthur's cologne.
(b) The letter is very long.
(c) The letter came quickly.
(d) The letter is in Arthur's handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerda do to maintain her sanity?
2. What are the Polish people hopeful for?
3. What kind of hope does Frau Kugler give Gerda?
4. Why does a Nazi officer threaten Gerda in their home?
5. What does Julius make Gerda promise?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)