|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sign outside of the fur factory say?
(a) Dogs and Jews Not Allowed to Enter.
(b) Jews Not Allowed to Enter.
(c) Dogs Not Allowed on Premises.
(d) No One is Allowed Inside.
2. What happens on the trip?
(a) She falls in love with a boy.
(b) Her brother gets into fights with other vacationers.
(c) Her mother has an affiair with another man.
(d) Her father becomes extremely ill.
3. What is given to Gerda so that she can get out of the country?
(a) A car.
(b) A different outfit.
(c) Special identification.
(d) She is unable to get out of the country.
4. How long does Suze think she and Gerda will be at the new work camp?
(a) Five years.
(b) A year.
(c) Three months.
5. Why do Gerda and her friend spend so much time in the town's graveyard?
(a) It is the only outside space not taken over by the Nazis.
(b) They dance on the graves of Germans to defy the Nazis.
(c) They know they will soon be dead.
(d) They visit the graves of their dead friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once girls begin losing their monthly periods, what does Gerda long for?
2. Who takes Gerda to see Abek's family?
3. What is different about the new camp?
4. Why does Gerda think her father is dead?
5. How do the Weissmanns' non-Jewish neighbors react to the occupation?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)