|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Polish people hopeful for?
(a) They will be able to get themselves out of the country.
(b) The Germans will leave soon.
(c) That they will be rescued by the Allies.
(d) Their lives will be spared if they barter with the Nazis.
2. Who brings the news of Arthur's letters?
3. Why do Gerda's brother and father hide in a closet?
(a) There are rumors of Jewish men being kidnapped.
(b) They don't hide.
(c) They are cowards.
(d) The whole family lives in the closet.
4. How does Gerda turn down the offer?
(a) She is dragged back to her camp.
(b) She takes the offer.
(c) She insults Abek's mother.
(d) She says the officers at her camp will not let her stay.
5. What happens to Gerda after Christmas?
(a) She becomes very ill.
(b) She tries to escape.
(c) She is able to see her mother again.
(d) She gets a new job at the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign outside of the fur factory say?
2. What does Gerda do with the note?
3. When is Gerda's birthday?
4. Why didn't the Weissmanns get out of Poland sooner?
5. What is Gerda particularly stunned about?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)