|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the girls forced to travel to the next camp?
(a) By walking in the snow.
(b) By crowded trucks.
(c) Carrying all their belongings and running.
(d) Running along side a car.
2. What do the girls eat to stay alive as they sleep outside of the church?
(b) Other dead bodies.
(d) Nothing. They starve.
3. Why do Gerda's brother and father hide in a closet?
(a) There are rumors of Jewish men being kidnapped.
(b) They are cowards.
(c) The whole family lives in the closet.
(d) They don't hide.
4. What do a frightened Gerda and Ilse pass on their medical exams?
(a) Physical test.
(b) Bedbug, and other pest tests.
(c) Their x-ray tests.
(d) Pneumonia and TB.
5. How does Abek look when Gerda is finally allowed to see him?
(a) Very happy because he is near her.
(b) Pale and weak.
(c) Depressed and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Malvine Berger's role in the camp?
2. What do Gerda and Helene do to make money?
3. What opportunities do Abek's sisters offer Gerda?
4. When is Gerda's birthday?
5. What does the family learn about Arthur?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)