|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerda keep to herself?
(a) Her sadness and dispair.
(b) Her desire to commit sucide.
(c) Some letters are not really Arthur's.
(d) The challenges of being with her parents.
2. Where does Gerda lose Arthur's present?
3. Why does Gerda's mother keep the note that warns the family of Poland's impending doom?
(a) She does not wish to upset her recovering husband.
(b) She thinks Gerda's uncle is a liar.
(c) She does not want to leave her home.
(d) She does not take the threat seriously.
4. What does Arthur say in his letter?
(a) He will be promoted.
(b) The German treat him well.
(c) He wishes for Gerda to be strong.
(d) He wants to marry his girlfriend.
5. How old is Gerda when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gerda and Helene do to make money?
2. Who brings the news of Arthur's letters?
3. What happens on the trip?
4. Who is with Arthur?
5. How does Gerda console herself?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)