|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gerda and her family live?
(c) Czech Republic.
2. What does the sign outside of the fur factory say?
(a) Dogs Not Allowed on Premises.
(b) Dogs and Jews Not Allowed to Enter.
(c) Jews Not Allowed to Enter.
(d) No One is Allowed Inside.
3. How does the family get food?
(a) They go to the store.
(b) A friend brings them food every week.
(c) They can only buy it on the black market.
(d) They still have rations for the government.
4. Where will Jewish men have to go?
(a) They must travel to Germany.
(b) To America.
(c) They will have to stay home.
(d) An inner part of Poland.
5. What are the rumors surrounding the men that leave?
(a) They are slaughtered in the woods.
(b) They are forced to create new families somewhere else.
(c) Thay are given paid government jobs.
(d) They are taken to concentration camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gerda when the book begins?
2. What is the family told is happening to Arthur's letters?
3. How long does it take for Poland to become fully occupied?
4. What time period does the book take place?
5. Which of the Jewish population is virtually gone?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)