|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans decide to take from Gerda's friend, Ilse?
(a) Her piano.
(b) Her Hair.
(c) Her puppy.
(d) Her time.
2. How does Gerda turn down the offer?
(a) She takes the offer.
(b) She is dragged back to her camp.
(c) She says the officers at her camp will not let her stay.
(d) She insults Abek's mother.
3. Why is Gerda in despair at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) She thinks Abek is dead.
(b) Ilse has died.
(c) Her letter to her father in returned unopened.
(d) She has not heard from her mother.
4. What has recently been built just outside of Gerda's hometown?
(a) A new grocery store.
(b) A church.
(c) A young boys camp.
(d) A work camp for women.
5. What is different about the new camp?
(a) It is cleaner and nicer than Dulag.
(b) It is very dirty.
(c) The guards are meaner.
(d) The guards are nicer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gerda and Helene conceal from Julius?
2. What is Malvine Berger's role in the camp?
3. Why is she angry with this person?
4. What news crushes Gerda and her family's hopes and dreams?
5. How many stars of David do the girls have to wear on their bodies?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)