|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
2. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent going towards the manor?
4. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
5. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
2. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
3. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
4. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
5. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
6. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
7. How does Appleby meet his death?
8. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
9. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
10. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author show through her novel that family and friendships play a very important role in one's life?
Essay Topic 2
What are the series of incidents that lead Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer to have their moments of passion? What do these incidents signify in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different settings the author uses in the novel and the importance of each setting to the plot of the novel. For example, the setting of the church, the setting of the dance parties, etc.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)