|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when she goes to meet the person who leaves the note for her?
3. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
4. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
5. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author make use of social gatherings, for example, dance parties, to further the investigation? Is it possible to do without the social gatherings in the novel? When do the social gatherings taken place in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Select one relationship in the novel and describe the motivating factors for changes in that relationship. How do those changes affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how the world of this novel is a place where the rules of society, courtship and desire are often at odds.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)