|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
2. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
4. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
5. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do we see in chapters12-13?
Essay Topic 1
What are the factors responsible for the shift in Lucifer's thought process - from being a character who wants to avoid marriage to becoming a character who eventually falls in love and settles down.
Essay Topic 2
Give a detailed account of the writing technique used by the author to describe how Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent carry out the murder investigation. Why does the author present it in this fashion? Does this writing technique add or take away from the story? Support your response with specific references to the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In spite of having so many suitors, why does Phyllida Tallent not find marriage and love appealing? What are the instances which show readers how independent she is and in control of things?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)