|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is suspected of murdering Horatio Welham?
2. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
3. Who is badly wounded at the manor when many of the characters go back to the manor to sort things out?
4. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
5. Why does Lucifer write a letter to one of the characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
2. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
4. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
5. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
6. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
7. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
8. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
9. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
10. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucifer, the hero, is seen as a pursuer. Explain with examples how Lucifer is the pursuer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author make use of social gatherings, for example, dance parties, to further the investigation? Is it possible to do without the social gatherings in the novel? When do the social gatherings taken place in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)