|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken hostage and held at knife-point at the manor?
2. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
3. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
4. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
5. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
2. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
3. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
4. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
5. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
6. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
7. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
8. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
9. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
10. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author make use of social gatherings, for example, dance parties, to further the investigation? Is it possible to do without the social gatherings in the novel? When do the social gatherings taken place in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent are the main characters in the novel around whom the story revolves. Compare and contrast the characters of Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent.
Essay Topic 3
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)