|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present in the manor when one of the characters visits it in Chapter 12?
2. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
3. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
4. Who throws a ball at Ballyclose Manor?
5. Who confronts and charges the murderer of Horatio Welham at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
2. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
3. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
4. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
5. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
6. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
7. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
8. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
9. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
10. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lucifer manage to gain Phyllida Tallent's trust, meaning getting her to finally tell him all she knows about the murder day? What tactics does he use, and why/how are they affective in Phyllida in particular?
Essay Topic 2
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes use of "nature" throughout the novel. Can you site a few instances of how she draws a parallel between nature and her characters?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)