|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silas Coombe come to the manor for?
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent moved to the manor to stay as Lucifer's guest?
3. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
4. Who walks Phyllida Talent to the manor in Chapter 17?
5. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
2. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
4. How does Appleby meet his death?
5. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
6. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
7. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
8. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
9. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
10. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent are the main characters in the novel around whom the story revolves. Compare and contrast the characters of Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent.
Essay Topic 2
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
Essay Topic 3
What are the series of incidents that lead Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer to have their moments of passion? What do these incidents signify in the novel?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)