|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
2. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent moved to the manor to stay as Lucifer's guest?
4. Who is Molly?
5. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
2. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
3. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
4. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
5. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
6. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
7. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
8. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
9. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
10. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the series of incidents that lead Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer to have their moments of passion? What do these incidents signify in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author show through her novel that family and friendships play a very important role in one's life?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)