|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
2. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
3. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when she goes to meet the person who leaves the note for her?
4. Where is the old valuable item that the murderer is looking for hidden?
5. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, what are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
2. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
3. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
4. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
5. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
6. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
7. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
8. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
9. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
10. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's use of symbolism in the novel. Give examples of instances when the author makes use of them.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the protagonist/protagonists in the novel and how does he/they fulfill his/their role. Explain with examples from the novel.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)