|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
2. Who is taken hostage and held at knife-point at the manor?
3. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
4. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
5. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of each of Phyllida Tallent's suitors and how each one of them helps further the plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author makes use of "nature" throughout the novel. Can you site a few instances of how she draws a parallel between nature and her characters?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationships do the readers see between the characters of the novel? Are the relationships strained, good, bad?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)