|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
2. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
3. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
4. Who is Robert's boss?
5. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
2. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
3. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
4. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
5. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
6. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
7. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
8. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
9. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
10. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
Essay Topic 1
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What are the factors responsible for the shift in Lucifer's thought process - from being a character who wants to avoid marriage to becoming a character who eventually falls in love and settles down.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author make use of social gatherings, for example, dance parties, to further the investigation? Is it possible to do without the social gatherings in the novel? When do the social gatherings taken place in the novel?
This section contains 1,388 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)