|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
2. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
3. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
4. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
5. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
2. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
3. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
4. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
5. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
6. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
7. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
8. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
9. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
10. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
Essay Topic 1
How does the town work together to bring justice to Horatio Welham? Consider the trap set up by Lucifer and Demon, and how the town is hiding, waiting for Appleby to show up.
Essay Topic 2
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)