|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
2. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
4. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
5. Who is Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
2. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
3. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
4. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
5. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
6. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
7. Describe Silas Coombe.
8. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
9. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
10. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author make use of social gatherings, for example, dance parties, to further the investigation? Is it possible to do without the social gatherings in the novel? When do the social gatherings taken place in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author show through her novel that family and friendships play a very important role in one's life?
Essay Topic 3
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)