|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the item left at the murder scene?
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
3. Who is Jem?
4. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
5. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
2. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
3. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
4. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
5. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
6. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
7. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
8. Describe Silas Coombe.
9. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
10. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent are the main characters in the novel around whom the story revolves. Compare and contrast the characters of Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent.
Essay Topic 2
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author makes use of "nature" throughout the novel. Can you site a few instances of how she draws a parallel between nature and her characters?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)