|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
2. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
3. Who is Thompson?
4. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
5. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
2. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
3. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
4. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
5. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
6. What is the clue Lucifer finds behind the shrubbery when he moves to the manor, helping him further the investigation?
7. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
8. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
9. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
10. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one relationship in the novel and describe the motivating factors for changes in that relationship. How do those changes affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lucifer manage to gain Phyllida Tallent's trust, meaning getting her to finally tell him all she knows about the murder day? What tactics does he use, and why/how are they affective in Phyllida in particular?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)