Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
2. What is the item left at the murder scene?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
4. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
5. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
2. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
3. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
4. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
5. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
6. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
7. How does Appleby meet his death?
8. Describe Silas Coombe.
9. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
10. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
Essay Topic 1
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent are the main characters in the novel around whom the story revolves. Compare and contrast the characters of Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent.
Essay Topic 3
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)