|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The novel "All About Love" is set in what year?
2. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
3. Why does Phyllida Tallent not tell Lucifer everything about the day of the murder?
4. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
5. Who is Hemmings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
2. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
3. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
4. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
5. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
6. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
7. Describe what happens at tea at Sir Jasper's place.
8. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
9. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
10. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist/protagonists in the novel and how does he/they fulfill his/their role. Explain with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does Lucifer manage to gain Phyllida Tallent's trust, meaning getting her to finally tell him all she knows about the murder day? What tactics does he use, and why/how are they affective in Phyllida in particular?
Essay Topic 3
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)