|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucifer think the killer is looking for?
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
4. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
2. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
3. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
4. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
5. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
6. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
7. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
8. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
9. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
10. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give a detailed account of the writing technique used by the author to describe how Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent carry out the murder investigation. Why does the author present it in this fashion? Does this writing technique add or take away from the story? Support your response with specific references to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes use of "nature" throughout the novel. Can you site a few instances of how she draws a parallel between nature and her characters?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)