|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
2. What does Lucifer specialize in?
3. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
4. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
5. Who takes care of Lucifer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
2. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
3. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
4. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
5. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
6. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
7. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
8. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
9. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
10. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the author's use of symbolism in the novel. Give examples of instances when the author makes use of them.
Essay Topic 2
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author make use of social gatherings, for example, dance parties, to further the investigation? Is it possible to do without the social gatherings in the novel? When do the social gatherings taken place in the novel?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)