|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
2. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
3. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
4. What does Lucifer think the killer is looking for?
5. Who is the local magistrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
2. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
3. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
4. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
5. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
6. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
7. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
8. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
9. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
10. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one relationship in the novel and describe the motivating factors for changes in that relationship. How do those changes affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationships do the readers see between the characters of the novel? Are the relationships strained, good, bad?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author show through her novel that family and friendships play a very important role in one's life?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)