|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weapon used to murder one of the characters?
2. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
3. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
4. Who is Thompson?
5. Who is Robert's boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at tea at Sir Jasper's place.
2. Describe Silas Coombe.
3. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
4. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
5. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
6. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
7. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
8. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
9. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
10. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one relationship in the novel and describe the motivating factors for changes in that relationship. How do those changes affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Is the "All About Love" a unified novel? If so, where does the unity lie? In the plot, in the characters, the setting, the theme, the style or the mood?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lucifer manage to gain Phyllida Tallent's trust, meaning getting her to finally tell him all she knows about the murder day? What tactics does he use, and why/how are they affective in Phyllida in particular?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)