|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
2. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
3. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
4. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
5. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
2. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
3. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
4. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
5. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
6. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
7. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
8. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
9. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
10. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give a detailed account of the writing technique used by the author to describe how Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent carry out the murder investigation. Why does the author present it in this fashion? Does this writing technique add or take away from the story? Support your response with specific references to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author makes use of "nature" throughout the novel. Can you site a few instances of how she draws a parallel between nature and her characters?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)