|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
2. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
4. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
5. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
2. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
3. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
4. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
5. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
6. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
7. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
8. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
9. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
10. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the factors responsible for the shift in Lucifer's thought process - from being a character who wants to avoid marriage to becoming a character who eventually falls in love and settles down.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how the world of this novel is a place where the rules of society, courtship and desire are often at odds.
Essay Topic 3
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)