|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
3. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
4. Who is Miss Sweetie?
5. Who takes care of Lucifer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
2. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
3. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
4. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
5. Describe Silas Coombe.
6. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
7. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
8. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
9. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
10. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men in "All about love" are powerful men in all senses of the world - physically and mentally, sexually and socially. Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does the town work together to bring justice to Horatio Welham? Consider the trap set up by Lucifer and Demon, and how the town is hiding, waiting for Appleby to show up.
Essay Topic 3
What are the series of incidents that lead Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer to have their moments of passion? What do these incidents signify in the novel?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)