|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
2. What does Lucifer think the killer is looking for?
3. Who is the character of Phyllida Tallent?
4. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
5. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
3. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
4. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
5. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
6. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
7. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
8. Describe Silas Coombe.
9. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
10. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different settings the author uses in the novel and the importance of each setting to the plot of the novel. For example, the setting of the church, the setting of the dance parties, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how the world of this novel is a place where the rules of society, courtship and desire are often at odds.
Essay Topic 3
Select one relationship in the novel and describe the motivating factors for changes in that relationship. How do those changes affect the plot?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)