|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
(a) The hat.
(b) The letter.
(c) The hoof prints.
(d) The ring.
2. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
(a) Inside the kitchen at Ballyclose Manor.
(b) In one of the rooms at Ballyclose Manor.
(c) Outside Ballyclose Manor.
(d) Outside in the garden at Ballyclose Manor.
3. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
(a) Phyllida Tallent is talking to the curate.
(b) Phyllida Tallent is rushing out of the church.
(c) Phyllida Tallent is not present.
(d) Phyllida Tallent is talking to a local.
4. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They marry each other.
(b) They fall into a pit.
(c) They become intimate.
(d) They go for a picnic into the woods.
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent moved to the manor to stay as Lucifer's guest?
(a) So she can help with the book collection.
(b) So she is safe.
(c) So she can be used as a bait to catch the murderer.
(d) So she can see the murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
2. Who is present in the manor when one of the characters visits it in Chapter 12?
3. Who is Devil?
4. Why is it easy for Lucifer to distinguish the murderer from all other suspects?
5. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
2. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
3. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
4. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
5. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
6. How does Appleby meet his death?
7. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
8. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
9. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
10. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)