|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
(a) Kiss her in front of everybody.
(b) Confess his love for her in front of everybody.
(c) Tell everybody about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the murder scene.
(d) Sing to her in front of everbody.
2. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
(a) He is very fat.
(b) He is very short.
(c) He is a male and wears nice clothes.
(d) He is very tall and handsome.
3. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Silas Coombe.
4. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(b) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
(c) He tries to shoot the character.
(d) He tries to stab the character.
5. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A note.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts and charges the murderer of Horatio Welham at the end of the novel?
2. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
3. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
4. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
5. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, what are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
2. How does Appleby meet his death?
3. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
4. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
5. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
6. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
7. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
8. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
9. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
10. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)