|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts and charges the murderer of Horatio Welham at the end of the novel?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Mr. Filing.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
2. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bookshelf.
(d) In the closet.
3. Who chases the attacker ?
(d) The locals.
4. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They fall into a pit.
(b) They become intimate.
(c) They go for a picnic into the woods.
(d) They marry each other.
5. Who is present in the manor when one of the characters visits it in Chapter 12?
(b) Silas Coombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among the following men is assumed NOT to be a legitimate heir to an inheritance?
2. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
3. Who is Molly?
4. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
5. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
2. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
3. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
4. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
5. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
6. How does Appleby meet his death?
7. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
8. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
9. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
10. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)