|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
(b) Because he is scared of her.
(c) Because she asks him not to.
(d) Because he loves her.
2. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They marry each other.
(b) They fall into a pit.
(c) They become intimate.
(d) They go for a picnic into the woods.
3. Why is it easy for Lucifer to distinguish the murderer from all other suspects?
(a) Because the books reveal some information.
(b) Because Lucifer is a cavalryman and knows how infantry men operate.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent gives him a very special clue.
(d) Because Lucifer is given some information which only he knows.
4. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
(a) Because Horatio Welham has too many books.
(b) Because the books are not in a chronological order.
(c) Because the characters cannot read the titles of the books.
(d) Because of Horatio Welham's use of fake covers.
5. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
(a) At the manor.
(b) The Smollets.
(c) At Lady Ballyclose's place.
(d) The Tallents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
2. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
3. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
5. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
2. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
3. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
4. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
5. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
6. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
7. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
8. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
9. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
10. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)