|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's.
(c) Silas Coombe's.
(d) Lady Ballyclose's.
2. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
3. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Who is badly wounded at the manor when many of the characters go back to the manor to sort things out?
(a) Mr. Filing.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Miss Sweete.
5. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
(a) Search for any tracks left by the murderer.
(b) To put up all the new locks.
(c) Take inventory of all the tomes.
(d) Organize all of Horatio Welham's books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
2. Who is Molly?
3. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
4. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
5. Who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Appleby meet his death?
2. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
3. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
4. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
5. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
6. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
7. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
8. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
9. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
10. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)