|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taken hostage and held at knife-point at the manor?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Miss Sweetie.
(c) Mr. Filing.
2. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He murders several men in the army.
(b) He murders his best friend in the army.
(c) He murders his cousin.
(d) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
3. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Lucifer.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(c) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(d) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
5. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
(a) Because her sense of independence feels violated.
(b) Because Lucifer wants her to break her promise.
(c) Because Lucifer asks for her hand in marriage.
(d) Because Lucifer seduces her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
2. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
3. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
4. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
5. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
2. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
3. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
4. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
5. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
6. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
7. How do the hoof prints help further the investigation?
8. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
9. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
10. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)