|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
2. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
(b) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(c) That he does so because she wants him to.
(d) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
3. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
(a) A groomsman.
(b) A local.
(c) A tinker.
(d) A blacksmith.
4. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
(a) Phyllida Tallent is talking to a local.
(b) Phyllida Tallent is not present.
(c) Phyllida Tallent is rushing out of the church.
(d) Phyllida Tallent is talking to the curate.
5. Who accompanies Phyllida Tallent to stay with her at the manor?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Miss Sweetie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
2. Who gives Lucifer the item left for him at the manor?
3. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
4. Who steps in to protect Phyllida Tallent from the assault at the graveyard?
5. How many times do the attacks take place up until chapter 11 in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
2. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
3. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
4. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
5. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
6. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
7. How do the hoof prints help further the investigation?
8. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
9. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
10. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)