|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Covey find at the grange?
(a) A hat.
(b) A hoof print.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) An inscription about Lady Fortemain.
2. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the bookshelf.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the closet.
3. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
(a) To break into the manor looking for the desk.
(b) To break into the manor to meet Lucifer.
(c) To break into the manor looking for a hat.
(d) To break into the manor looking for a letter.
4. Who comes to visit Lucifer and stay at the manor?
(a) Mary Anne.
(d) Demon and Flick.
5. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
2. Who is badly wounded at the manor when many of the characters go back to the manor to sort things out?
3. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
4. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
5. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
2. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
3. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
4. How does Appleby meet his death?
5. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
6. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
7. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
8. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
9. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
10. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)