|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
(a) He is very clever.
(b) He is very dumb.
(c) He is very fast.
(d) He is very slow.
2. Who throws a ball at Ballyclose Manor?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Jocasta Smollet.
(d) Lady Fortemain.
3. Which character is attacked in chapter 11?
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
4. Who is Devil?
(a) Lucifer's father.
(b) Lucifer's cousin.
(c) Lucifer's uncle.
(d) Lucifer's friend.
5. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
2. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
3. Why is it easy for Lucifer to distinguish the murderer from all other suspects?
4. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
5. What does Silas Coombe come to the manor for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
2. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
3. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
4. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
5. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
6. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
7. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
8. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
9. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
10. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)