|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
2. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
(a) That none of them are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(b) That he is the legitimate heir of a property.
(c) That he and his brother are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(d) That he is NOT the legitimate heir of a property.
3. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
(a) Edge of the cliffs.
(b) At the channel.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the local church.
4. Who gives Lucifer the item left for him at the manor?
5. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken hostage and held at knife-point at the manor?
2. Who comes to visit Lucifer and stay at the manor?
3. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
4. How many times do the attacks take place up until chapter 11 in the novel?
5. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
2. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
3. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
4. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
5. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
6. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
7. How does Appleby meet his death?
8. How do the hoof prints help further the investigation?
9. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
10. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)