|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
(a) They kiss each other.
(b) Phyllida Tallent does not want to marry Lucifer.
(c) They finally marry each other.
(d) Lucifer says goodbye to her and leaves.
2. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bookshelf.
(d) In the closet.
3. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
(a) Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Jocasta Smollet.
(c) Miss Sweetie.
(d) Lady Fortemain.
4. Who is Molly?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's seamstress.
(b) Covey's wife.
(c) Appleby's seamstress.
(d) Hemmings' wife.
5. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
2. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
3. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
4. When at an office, what impresses Lucifer about Phyllida Tallent?
5. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
2. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
3. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
4. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
5. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
6. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
7. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
8. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
9. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
10. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)