|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the ring.
(b) About the hat.
(c) About the watch.
(d) About the love letters.
2. Where exactly is the place where the character is attacked in Chapter 11?
(a) In the garden at the manor.
(b) Behind the manor.
(c) At the grange.
(d) Behind the church.
3. Who is Devil?
(a) Lucifer's father.
(b) Lucifer's uncle.
(c) Lucifer's cousin.
(d) Lucifer's friend.
4. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
(a) To obtain an old valuable stamp.
(b) To obtain an old valuable painting.
(c) To obtain an old valuable book.
(d) To obtain an old valuable piece of furniture.
5. How many times do the attacks take place up until chapter 11 in the novel?
(a) Three times.
(b) Only once.
(c) Four times.
(d) Two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
2. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
3. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, what are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent searching for?
4. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
5. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
2. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
3. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
4. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
5. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
6. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
7. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
8. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
9. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
10. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)