|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, where do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's room.
(d) The outhouse.
2. Who accompanies Phyllida Tallent to stay with her at the manor?
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Miss Sweetie.
3. Which character is attacked in chapter 11?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
4. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He murders several men in the army.
(b) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
(c) He murders his best friend in the army.
(d) He murders his cousin.
5. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
(a) To obtain an old valuable stamp.
(b) To obtain an old valuable painting.
(c) To obtain an old valuable piece of furniture.
(d) To obtain an old valuable book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
2. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
3. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
5. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)