|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
(a) They finally marry each other.
(b) They kiss each other.
(c) Lucifer says goodbye to her and leaves.
(d) Phyllida Tallent does not want to marry Lucifer.
2. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A note.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A hat.
3. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
(a) The groomsman.
(b) The local.
(c) The tinker.
(d) The blacksmith.
4. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) The attacker.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
5. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Jocasta Smollet.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
2. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
3. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
4. Why does Lucifer write a letter to one of the characters?
5. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
2. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
3. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
4. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
5. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
6. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
7. How does Appleby meet his death?
8. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
9. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
10. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)