|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do we see in chapters12-13?
(a) Her sense of honesty.
(b) Her sense of duty.
(c) Her sense of caring.
(d) Her strong sense of independence.
2. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
(a) The hoof prints.
(b) The ring.
(c) The hat.
(d) The letter.
3. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
(a) Tell everybody about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the murder scene.
(b) Confess his love for her in front of everybody.
(c) Sing to her in front of everbody.
(d) Kiss her in front of everybody.
4. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
(a) The letter.
(b) The watch.
(c) The hat.
(d) The ring.
5. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Jocasta Smollet.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is suspected of murdering Horatio Welham?
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
3. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
4. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
5. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
2. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
3. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
4. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
5. How does Appleby meet his death?
6. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
7. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
8. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
9. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
10. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)