|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent moved to the manor to stay as Lucifer's guest?
(a) So she can help with the book collection.
(b) So she can see the murderer.
(c) So she can be used as a bait to catch the murderer.
(d) So she is safe.
2. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) The attacker.
3. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
(a) Because Horatio Welham has too many books.
(b) Because of Horatio Welham's use of fake covers.
(c) Because the books are not in a chronological order.
(d) Because the characters cannot read the titles of the books.
4. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
(a) Because her sense of independence feels violated.
(b) Because Lucifer seduces her.
(c) Because Lucifer wants her to break her promise.
(d) Because Lucifer asks for her hand in marriage.
5. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
(a) He is a male and wears nice clothes.
(b) He is very tall and handsome.
(c) He is very short.
(d) He is very fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
2. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
3. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
4. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
5. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
2. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
4. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
5. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
6. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
7. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
8. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
9. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
10. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)