|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(c) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
(d) Because she loves Lucifer.
2. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do we see in chapters12-13?
(a) Her sense of honesty.
(b) Her sense of caring.
(c) Her sense of duty.
(d) Her strong sense of independence.
3. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) Behind the church.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) At a local bar.
4. Where is the old valuable item that the murderer is looking for hidden?
(a) In the outbuildings of the manor.
(b) In the cover of Aesop's fables.
(c) In one of the closets at the manor.
(d) In the traveling desk.
5. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
(a) The Smollets.
(b) At Lady Ballyclose's place.
(c) At the manor.
(d) The Tallents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the character who is attached in Chapter 11 manage to set himself/herself free?
2. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
3. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
4. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
5. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
2. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
3. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
4. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
5. Describe how Phyllida Tallent is attacked when she goes behind the church.
6. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
7. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
8. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
9. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
10. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)