|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
(a) He runs away without causing any harm.
(b) He damages everything.
(c) He sets it on fire and leaves.
(d) He throws things on Phyllida Tallent and leaves.
2. What does Covey find at the grange?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A hoof print.
(c) A hat.
(d) An inscription about Lady Fortemain.
3. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
(a) Only kiss her.
(b) Threaten her.
(c) Slap her.
(d) Seduce her.
4. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
(a) He is very fast.
(b) He is very slow.
(c) He is very clever.
(d) He is very dumb.
5. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He murders his best friend in the army.
(b) He murders several men in the army.
(c) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
(d) He murders his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
2. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
3. At the manor, what is Covey and Jonas helping the curate look for?
4. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)