|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
(a) Because Lucifer wants her to break her promise.
(b) Because Lucifer seduces her.
(c) Because her sense of independence feels violated.
(d) Because Lucifer asks for her hand in marriage.
2. What does Covey find at the grange?
(a) A hoof print.
(b) An inscription about Lady Fortemain.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A hat.
3. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Jocasta Smollet.
5. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
(a) At the channel.
(b) At the bar.
(c) Edge of the cliffs.
(d) At the local church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
2. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
3. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do we see in chapters12-13?
4. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, where do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent go?
5. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
2. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
3. How does Appleby meet his death?
4. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
5. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
6. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
7. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
8. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
9. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
10. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)