|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
(b) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(d) Because she loves Lucifer.
2. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
(a) It is exactly what they both want.
(b) It is very rough.
(c) It is going smooth.
(d) It is awkward at this point.
3. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
(a) To Devil.
(b) To Flick.
(c) To Demon.
(d) To his aunt.
4. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
5. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(b) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
(c) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
(d) That he does so because she wants him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do we see in chapters12-13?
2. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
3. Who throws a ball at Ballyclose Manor?
4. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
5. Who walks Phyllida Talent to the manor in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
2. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
3. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
4. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
5. When and where is Phyllida Tallent attacked in chapter 17?
6. When Lucifer realizes that Phyllida Tallent is not present in church, why does he leave to find her?
7. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
8. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
9. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
10. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)