|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do the attacks take place up until chapter 11 in the novel?
(a) Two times.
(b) Only once.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Jocasta Smollet.
3. How does the character who is attached in Chapter 11 manage to set himself/herself free?
(a) By kicking the attacker.
(b) By screaming.
(c) By pushing the attacker away.
(d) By throwing something at the attacker.
4. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
(a) The ring belongs to Appleby.
(b) The letter belongs to Farthingale.
(c) The hat belongs to Cedric Fortemain.
(d) The markings on the hoof prints are Thompson's work.
5. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
(a) Because the characters cannot read the titles of the books.
(b) Because Horatio Welham has too many books.
(c) Because of Horatio Welham's use of fake covers.
(d) Because the books are not in a chronological order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
2. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
4. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
5. Who chases the attacker ?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)