|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
(a) To put up all the new locks.
(b) Organize all of Horatio Welham's books.
(c) Take inventory of all the tomes.
(d) Search for any tracks left by the murderer.
2. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
(a) He is very tall and handsome.
(b) He is very fat.
(c) He is very short.
(d) He is a male and wears nice clothes.
3. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do we see in chapters12-13?
(a) Her strong sense of independence.
(b) Her sense of duty.
(c) Her sense of honesty.
(d) Her sense of caring.
4. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
(a) That he and his brother are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(b) That he is the legitimate heir of a property.
(c) That he is NOT the legitimate heir of a property.
(d) That none of them are the legitimate heirs of a property.
5. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
(a) To obtain an old valuable piece of furniture.
(b) To obtain an old valuable painting.
(c) To obtain an old valuable stamp.
(d) To obtain an old valuable book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
2. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
3. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
4. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
5. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
2. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
3. Where and why does Silas Coombe assault Phyllida Tallent ?
4. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
5. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about Lucifer confronting her?
6. How does Appleby meet his death?
7. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
8. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
9. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
10. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)