|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
(a) To obtain an old valuable painting.
(b) To obtain an old valuable book.
(c) To obtain an old valuable stamp.
(d) To obtain an old valuable piece of furniture.
2. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
(a) The hat.
(b) The hoof prints.
(c) The letter.
(d) The ring.
3. Who is taken hostage and held at knife-point at the manor?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Mr. Filing.
(d) Miss Sweetie.
4. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
(a) Miss Sweetie.
(b) Lady Fortemain.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Jocasta Smollet.
5. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the watch.
(b) About the hat.
(c) About the ring.
(d) About the love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
2. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
3. What does Silas Coombe come to the manor for?
4. Who is Devil?
5. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
2. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
4. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
5. How does Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent's relationship get back on track?
6. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
7. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
8. Why is Phyllida confused about her relationship with Lucifer as seen in chapter 18?
9. What aspect of Phyllida Tallent's personality do readers see emerging in chapter 13?
10. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)