|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Someone who initially has no desire for love and marriage.
(b) Someone who is already married.
(c) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(d) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
2. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(b) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
(c) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
(d) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
(a) Because she does not like Lucifer kissing her.
(b) Because her bonnet is lost.
(c) Because her dress is torn.
(d) Because she is shot at.
4. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(c) Lucifer's cousin.
(d) Lucifer's brother.
5. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weapon that Phyllida Tallent accidentally collides with?
2. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
3. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
4. The novel "All About Love" is set in what year?
5. Who is Percy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
2. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
3. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
4. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
5. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
6. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
7. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
8. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
9. What is the clue Lucifer finds behind the shrubbery when he moves to the manor, helping him further the investigation?
10. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)