|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Jocasta Smollet.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
2. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Grisby's mother.
(b) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(c) Silas Coombe's mother.
(d) Basil's mother.
3. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
(b) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(c) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(d) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
4. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Horatio's gardener.
(d) The locals.
5. Who is Miss Sweetie?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's seamstress.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's aunt
(d) Phyllida Tallent's dresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
2. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
3. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
4. Who is the local magistrate?
5. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known of the attacker after he attacks Phyllida Tallent?
2. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
3. Where is Phyllida Tallent attacked as seen in chapter 15?
4. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
5. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
6. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
7. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
8. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
9. How does Appleby meet his death?
10. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)