|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(b) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(d) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
2. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
(a) He wants to have tea with Lucifer.
(b) He wants some of Horatio Welham's books.
(c) He wants to see the manor.
(d) He wants to know where Phyllida Tallent is.
3. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(b) Feelings of complete trust,
(c) Feelings of hatred.
(d) Feelings of deep love.
4. Why does Horatio Welham choose to tell Lucifer about the secret item?
(a) Because Horatio Welham and Lucifer live with each other.
(b) Because Horatio Welham is Lucifer's mentor.
(c) Because both Horatio Welham and Lucifer share a very long friendship.
(d) Because Horatio Welham wants to gift that item to Lucifer.
5. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Mr. Crabbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucifer ask for Phyllida Tallent's to help with?
2. The novel "All About Love" is set in what year?
3. Who is Robert's boss?
4. Who is Jem?
5. Why is Covey important to Lucifer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
2. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
3. What is the clue Lucifer finds behind the shrubbery when he moves to the manor, helping him further the investigation?
4. What is the tactic Lucifer tries at the dance party to get Phyllida Tallent to tell him everything about the murder day?
5. Describe what happens at tea at Sir Jasper's place.
6. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
7. What are both Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer doing at the ball thrown at Ballyclose manor?
8. How do the hoof prints help further the investigation?
9. What can be said of the note written by the murderer?
10. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)