|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A wounded Phyllida.
(b) A fallen tree.
(c) A wounded Lucifer.
(d) A dip in a pit.
2. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
(a) That he suspects someone.
(b) That she sees one or two collectors coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(c) That he sees no collector coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(d) That he knows about Horatio Welham's letter.
3. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(b) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(c) Someone who is happily married.
(d) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
4. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
(a) "You are beautiful".
(b) "I love you".
(c) "Please help me".
(d) "It was you".
5. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
(b) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
(c) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
(d) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
2. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
3. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
4. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
5. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Silas Coombe.
2. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
3. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
4. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
5. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
6. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
7. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
8. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
9. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
10. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)