|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Lucifer recognizes her touch.
(b) Because a local tells Lucifer.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent tells Lucifer.
(d) Because Lucifer sees Phyllida Tallent there.
2. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(b) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(c) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
(d) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
3. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Lucifer's cousin.
(b) Lucifer's brother.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
4. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
(a) Because her bonnet is lost.
(b) Because she is shot at.
(c) Because her dress is torn.
(d) Because she does not like Lucifer kissing her.
5. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
(a) In her grandmother's writing desk.
(b) In her grandmother's traveling desk.
(c) In her grandmother's jewelery box.
(d) In her grandmother's suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucifer think the killer is looking for?
2. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
3. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
4. What does Lucifer specialize in?
5. Who is Devil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
2. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
3. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
4. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
5. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
6. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
7. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
8. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
9. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
10. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)