|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
(b) A local.
(c) Silas Coombe.
2. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Silas Coombe.
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
4. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
(b) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(c) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
(d) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
5. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
(a) Spending time with Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Spending time reading Horatio Welham's books.
(c) Getting alibis from people.
(d) Spending time chatting with Phyllida Tallent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
3. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
4. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
5. Who is the character of Phyllida Tallent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
2. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
3. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
4. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
5. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
6. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
7. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
8. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
9. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
10. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)