|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a fishing business.
(b) That it is a weapons business.
(c) That it is a an illegal business.
(d) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
2. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
(a) Trying to tell Mary Anne the importance of Lucifer knowing about the love letters.
(b) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she should ask Robert to give permission about the love letters.
(c) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she loses Mary Anne's letters.
(d) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she (Mary Anne) and Robert should get married.
3. Who is Miss Sweetie?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's aunt
(b) Phyllida Tallent's seamstress.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's dresser.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
4. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
5. What does Lucifer find himself doing, whenever possible, in chapters eight and nine?
(a) Protecting Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Going on long walks with her.
(c) Trying to convince her to tell him all she knows about the murder.
(d) Kissing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert's boss?
2. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
3. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
4. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
5. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phyllida Tallent's sexual experience with Lucifer make her realize about Mary Anne's promise of secrecy about her love letters?
2. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
3. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
4. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
5. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
6. Describe Silas Coombe.
7. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
8. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
9. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
10. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)