|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
(a) A local of the town.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He tries to harm them and runs away.
(b) He hides inside the manor.
(c) He runs away on a horse.
(d) He disguises himself.
3. Who is Robert's boss?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Mr. Crabbs.
4. Who is Jonas?
(a) Lucifer's nephew.
(b) Phyllida Tallant's twin brother.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's nephew.
(d) Lucifer's twin brother.
5. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Wagon prints.
(b) Foot prints.
(c) Recent hoof prints.
(d) Carriage prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
2. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
4. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent accidentally hurt with a weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
2. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
3. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
4. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
5. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
6. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
7. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
8. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
9. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
10. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)