|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
(a) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her that long.
(b) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her at all.
(c) Because Lucifer abruptly breaks off when they are kissing.
(d) Because Lucifer dislikes her behaviour.
2. What is the item left at the murder scene?
(a) A hat.
(b) A watch.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
4. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
(c) Friend and mentor.
5. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of complete trust,
(b) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(c) Feelings of deep love.
(d) Feelings of hatred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
2. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
3. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
4. Where does Horatio Welham hail from?
5. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
2. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
3. What qualities of Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer seem to be impressed with when they are traveling north?
4. While at the manor taking inventory, what is the idea that Flick has?
5. What is the role played by Lucifer in chapter 17?
6. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
7. How does Appleby meet his death?
8. Describe Silas Coombe.
9. What is the course of action taken by Lucifer to keep Phyllida Tallent away from stress and danger as seen in the beginning of chapter 18?
10. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)