|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) A local.
2. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's servant.
(b) Horatio Welham's butler.
(c) Horatio Welham's gardener.
(d) Horatio Welham's cook.
3. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the dining room window.
(b) Through the kitchen window.
(c) Through the bathroom window.
(d) Through the basement.
4. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
(b) That it is a weapons business.
(c) That it is a an illegal business.
(d) That it is a fishing business.
5. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Lucifer sees Phyllida Tallent there.
(b) Because Lucifer recognizes her touch.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent tells Lucifer.
(d) Because a local tells Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
2. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
3. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
4. Who is Jem?
5. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
2. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
3. Who is the character of Lucifer as seen in chapter one of the novel?
4. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
5. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
6. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
7. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
8. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
9. What does Phyllida Tallent's sexual experience with Lucifer make her realize about Mary Anne's promise of secrecy about her love letters?
10. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)