|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
(a) Because she does not like Lucifer kissing her.
(b) Because her dress is torn.
(c) Because her bonnet is lost.
(d) Because she is shot at.
2. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
(b) Silas Coombe.
(c) A local.
3. Who is Covey?
(a) Horatio Welham's dresser.
(b) Horatio Welham's servant.
(c) Horatio Welham's cook.
(d) Horatio Welham's gardener.
4. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
(b) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
(c) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
(d) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
5. What is the weapon used to murder one of the characters?
(d) Letter opener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thompson?
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
3. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
4. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
5. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
2. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
3. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
4. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
5. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
6. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
7. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
8. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
9. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
10. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)