|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Covey important to Lucifer?
(a) Because Covey has some information.
(b) Because Covey knows the murderer.
(c) Because Covey is Lucifer's friend.
(d) Because Covey can identify Lucifer.
2. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
3. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(b) He still hates the idea of marriage.
(c) He decides never to marry.
(d) He wants a family living in the manor.
4. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
(a) "You are beautiful".
(b) "It was you".
(c) "Please help me".
(d) "I love you".
5. Who is the local magistrate?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Horatio Welham.
(d) Sir Jasper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucifer ask for Phyllida Tallent's to help with?
2. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
3. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
4. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
5. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
2. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
3. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
4. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
5. Why is Lucifer delighted to see Phyllida Tallent at the church?
6. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
7. What is the reason Phyllida Tallent is going to the woods late into the night?
8. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
9. What does Phyllida Tallent's sexual experience with Lucifer make her realize about Mary Anne's promise of secrecy about her love letters?
10. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)