|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's friend.
(b) Sir Jasper's cousin.
(c) Sir Jasper's wife.
(d) Sir Jasper's sister.
2. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
(a) In her grandmother's jewelery box.
(b) In her grandmother's traveling desk.
(c) In her grandmother's writing desk.
(d) In her grandmother's suitcase.
3. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
(a) A watch.
(c) A hat.
(d) Hoof prints.
4. Who is Miss Sweetie?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's seamstress.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's aunt
(c) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's dresser.
5. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
(a) Horatio Welham's friend.
(b) A local.
(c) Phyllida Tallent
(d) Horatio Welham's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
2. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
3. What does Lucifer find himself doing, whenever possible, in chapters eight and nine?
4. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
5. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
2. Describe Silas Coombe.
3. How and where does Lucifer confront Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
4. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
5. What is the importance of the Aesop's Fables?
6. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
7. Why does Jocasta Smollet hate Phyllida Tallent?
8. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
9. What is the transformation in the relationship of Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
10. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)