|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucifer specialize in?
(a) Silver and jewelry.
(c) Silver coins.
(d) Gold coins.
2. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's butler.
(b) Horatio Welham's gardener.
(c) Horatio Welham's servant.
(d) Horatio Welham's cook.
3. Who is Robert's boss?
(a) Mr. Crabbs.
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's sister.
(b) Sir Jasper's friend.
(c) Sir Jasper's wife.
(d) Sir Jasper's cousin.
5. What does Lucifer think the killer is looking for?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
2. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
3. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
4. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
5. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
3. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
4. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
5. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
6. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
7. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
8. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
9. Describe Silas Coombe.
10. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)