|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
(b) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
(c) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
(d) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
2. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) Two months more.
(b) A month more.
(c) A week or more.
(d) Two weeks or more.
3. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
(a) A local of the town.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
4. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
5. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
(a) A watch.
(c) A hat.
(d) Hoof prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
2. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
3. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
4. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
5. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
2. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
3. What is the promise that Phyllida Tallent does not want to break?
4. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
5. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of love and marriage as seen in chapters eight and nine?
6. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
7. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
8. Describe what happens at tea at Sir Jasper's place.
9. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
10. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent as they travel together to the east?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)