|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
2. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
(a) New locks.
(b) New flowers for the garden.
(c) New doors.
(d) New shelves for Horatio Welham's books.
3. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
(a) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her that long.
(b) Because Lucifer dislikes her behaviour.
(c) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her at all.
(d) Because Lucifer abruptly breaks off when they are kissing.
4. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(b) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(c) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(d) Someone who is happily married.
5. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(b) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do you think Lucifer accompanies Phyllida Tallent on her errands?
2. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
3. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
4. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
5. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
2. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
3. Describe what happens at tea at Sir Jasper's place.
4. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
5. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
6. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
7. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
8. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
9. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
10. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)