|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
(a) A local of the town.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(b) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(c) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
3. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
(a) In England.
(b) In Somerset.
(c) In Devon.
(d) In Musbery.
4. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(a) Mary Anne.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
5. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(b) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(c) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(d) To prevent anyone from coming in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert's boss?
2. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
3. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
4. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phyllida Tallent's sexual experience with Lucifer make her realize about Mary Anne's promise of secrecy about her love letters?
2. Why does Phyllida Tallent confront Cedric Fortemain at Ballyclose manor?
3. What explanation does Appleby give for killing his friend in the army?
4. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
5. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
6. How do the hoof prints help further the investigation?
7. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
8. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
9. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
10. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)