|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
2. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
(a) That she has a desire for marriage.
(b) That she has many admirers.
(c) That she shows interest in love.
(d) That she has no admirers at all.
3. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
(a) To take a walk.
(b) To go on a picnic.
(c) To meet some locals.
(d) To make sure that no stranger rode in from that direction on the day of the murder.
4. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Silas Coombe's mother.
(b) Grisby's mother.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(d) Basil's mother.
5. Who takes care of Lucifer?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's aunt.
(b) The locals.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
2. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
3. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
4. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
5. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
2. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
3. What is the information information that Lucifer keeps to himself?
4. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
5. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
6. What is the surprise given to Lucifer while at Horatio Welham's funeral?
7. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
8. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
9. Why is Covey important for Lucifer?
10. Why does Phyllida Tallent suspect Silas Coombe to kill Horatio Welham?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)