|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
2. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) A local.
3. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
(a) Incoming bad weather.
(b) Incoming bad weather and the emotional chaos that Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer are experiencing.
(c) Emotional chaos.
(d) Total chaos in the manor.
4. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
(b) That it is a weapons business.
(c) That it is a fishing business.
(d) That it is a an illegal business.
5. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
(a) Mr. Crabbs.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
2. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
3. Who is the local magistrate?
4. What does Lucifer specialize in?
5. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the series of incidents that take place at the manor after Lucifer finds the dead body of Horatio Welham?
2. What are Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's feelings towards each other as seen in chapter three?
3. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
4. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
5. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
6. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
7. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
8. What happens to Phyllida Tallent at Lady Huddlesford's dinner party?
9. Describe what happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in the setting of the shrubbery.
10. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)