|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the basement.
(b) Through the dining room window.
(c) Through the kitchen window.
(d) Through the bathroom window.
2. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who is happily married.
(b) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(c) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(d) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
3. Who is Jonas?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's nephew.
(b) Phyllida Tallant's twin brother.
(c) Lucifer's twin brother.
(d) Lucifer's nephew.
4. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
(a) That she sees one or two collectors coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(b) That he sees no collector coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(c) That he suspects someone.
(d) That he knows about Horatio Welham's letter.
5. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
(a) Lady Huddlesford.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
2. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
4. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
5. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lucifer's feelings towards Phyllida Tallent as seen at the end of Chapter seven?
2. After Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer's picnic, what is the author's use of "storm" stand for?
3. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
4. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
5. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when Lucifer runs into her in the woods?
6. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
7. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
8. What is the clue Lucifer finds behind the shrubbery when he moves to the manor, helping him further the investigation?
9. Describe Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen towards the end of chapter two.
10. What is Phyllida Tallent trying to make Mary Anne understand when they are at the party thrown by Lady Huddlesford?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)