|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
(a) Spending time with Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Spending time reading Horatio Welham's books.
(c) Getting alibis from people.
(d) Spending time chatting with Phyllida Tallent.
2. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Lucifer recognizes her touch.
(b) Because a local tells Lucifer.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent tells Lucifer.
(d) Because Lucifer sees Phyllida Tallent there.
3. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
(a) Someone entering the manor.
(b) Someone talking to Covey.
(c) A light in Lucifer's drawing room.
(d) A gentleman leaving the manor.
4. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He tries to harm them and runs away.
(b) He hides inside the manor.
(c) He disguises himself.
(d) He runs away on a horse.
5. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That she should be very careful when alone.
(b) That she should have a male escort.
(c) That he wants to kiss her.
(d) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
3. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
4. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
5. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
2. Why is Lucifer changing all the locks for the manor?
3. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
4. What is the symbolism of the garden at the manor?
5. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
6. What does Phyllida Tallent's sexual experience with Lucifer make her realize about Mary Anne's promise of secrecy about her love letters?
7. What is the similarity between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
8. Why does Lucifer keeps the information from Sir Jasper about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the manor ?
9. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
10. Describe Silas Coombe.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)