Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
(b) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
(c) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
(d) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
2. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(b) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
(c) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(d) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
3. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
(b) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(c) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
(d) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
4. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
5. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
(a) In her grandmother's writing desk.
(b) In her grandmother's jewelery box.
(c) In her grandmother's suitcase.
(d) In her grandmother's traveling desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
2. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
3. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
4. Who is Miss Sweetie?
5. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn about Cedric Fortemain's and his brother's paternity?
2. How do the hoof prints help further the investigation?
3. Why does Cedric Fortemain look like one of the suspects to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer?
4. Why does Lucifer blame himself when Phyllida Tallent is attacked?
5. Describe Silas Coombe.
6. Name the new characters introduced in Chapter three and their relationship to other characters.
7. Describe what happens when Lucifer visits Colyton and goes to Horatio Welham's manor.
8. What happens to Lucifer towards the end chapter one?
9. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at the manor and at the murder spot when he is unconscious?
10. Why does Lucifer travel to his friend and mentor's house in Colyton?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)