|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the old valuable item that the murderer is looking for hidden?
(a) In the outbuildings of the manor.
(b) In one of the closets at the manor.
(c) In the cover of Aesop's fables.
(d) In the traveling desk.
2. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
(b) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
(a) That he is NOT the legitimate heir of a property.
(b) That he and his brother are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(c) That he is the legitimate heir of a property.
(d) That none of them are the legitimate heirs of a property.
4. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A note.
(b) A hat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A letter.
5. Who accompanies Phyllida Tallent to stay with her at the manor?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Miss Sweetie.
6. Who chases the attacker ?
(d) The locals.
7. Who gives Lucifer the item left for him at the manor?
8. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(b) The attacker.
(c) Silas Coombe.
9. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They go for a picnic into the woods.
(b) They become intimate.
(c) They fall into a pit.
(d) They marry each other.
10. Which character is attacked in chapter 11?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
11. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
(a) He is very fast.
(b) He is very dumb.
(c) He is very slow.
(d) He is very clever.
12. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
(a) He is very short.
(b) He is very tall and handsome.
(c) He is a male and wears nice clothes.
(d) He is very fat.
13. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
(a) The letter.
(b) The hat.
(c) The ring.
(d) The watch.
14. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because she asks him not to.
(b) Because he is scared of her.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
15. Who is Polmeroy?
(a) Appleby's little brother.
(b) Farthingale's little brother.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's little brother.
(d) Silas Coombe's little brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where exactly is the place where the character is attacked in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Molly?
3. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
4. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
5. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)