|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) At a local bar.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) Behind the church.
2. Which character is attacked in chapter 11?
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
3. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Who among the following men is assumed NOT to be a legitimate heir to an inheritance?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
5. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
6. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so because she wants him to.
(b) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(c) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
(d) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
7. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
(a) The hat belongs to Cedric Fortemain.
(b) The markings on the hoof prints are Thompson's work.
(c) The letter belongs to Farthingale.
(d) The ring belongs to Appleby.
8. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
(a) The tinker.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The groomsman.
(d) The local.
9. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They marry each other.
(b) They go for a picnic into the woods.
(c) They fall into a pit.
(d) They become intimate.
10. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
(a) He is very fast.
(b) He is very dumb.
(c) He is very clever.
(d) He is very slow.
11. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He tries to shoot the character.
(b) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(c) He tries to stab the character.
(d) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
12. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Jocasta Smollet.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
13. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
(a) He runs away without causing any harm.
(b) He damages everything.
(c) He sets it on fire and leaves.
(d) He throws things on Phyllida Tallent and leaves.
14. Who comes to visit Lucifer and stay at the manor?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Demon and Flick.
15. When at an office, what impresses Lucifer about Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Her business skills.
(b) Her speaking skills.
(c) Her listening skills.
(d) Her logical skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is badly wounded at the manor when many of the characters go back to the manor to sort things out?
2. How does the murderer die?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent moved to the manor to stay as Lucifer's guest?
4. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when she goes to meet the person who leaves the note for her?
5. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)