|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the bookshelf.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
3. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
(b) He murders his cousin.
(c) He murders several men in the army.
(d) He murders his best friend in the army.
4. Where exactly is the place where the character is attacked in Chapter 11?
(a) At the grange.
(b) Behind the church.
(c) Behind the manor.
(d) In the garden at the manor.
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
(a) A man at the revenue office.
(b) A local on the street.
(c) A man at the post office.
(d) A local in a wagon.
6. Who gives Lucifer the item left for him at the manor?
7. Who steps in to protect Phyllida Tallent from the assault at the graveyard?
8. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The groomsman.
(c) The local.
(d) The tinker.
9. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, where do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's room.
(d) The garden.
10. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A letter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A note.
(d) A hat.
11. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
12. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
(a) The hat.
(b) The ring.
(c) The letter.
(d) The hoof prints.
13. Who accompanies Phyllida Tallent to stay with her at the manor?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Miss Sweetie.
14. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) The attacker.
15. Who among the following men is assumed NOT to be a legitimate heir to an inheritance?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent going towards the manor?
2. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
3. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
4. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
5. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)