|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He murders his best friend in the army.
(b) He murders several men in the army.
(c) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
(d) He murders his cousin.
2. How many times do the attacks take place up until chapter 11 in the novel?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Only once.
(d) Four times.
3. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A letter.
(b) A hat.
(c) A note.
(d) A ring.
4. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
(a) To Flick.
(b) To his aunt.
(c) To Demon.
(d) To Devil.
5. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
(a) Take inventory of all the tomes.
(b) Organize all of Horatio Welham's books.
(c) Search for any tracks left by the murderer.
(d) To put up all the new locks.
6. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
7. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) At a local bar.
(b) Behind the church.
(c) At a graveyard.
(d) At an abandoned house.
8. Which character is attacked in chapter 11?
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
9. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
10. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
(a) The hat.
(b) The watch.
(c) The ring.
(d) The letter.
11. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He tries to stab the character.
(b) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(c) He tries to shoot the character.
(d) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
12. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, where do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent go?
(a) The garden.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Cedric Fortemain's room.
13. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
(a) The groomsman.
(b) The local.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The tinker.
14. What does Silas Coombe come to the manor for?
(a) To borrow a book.
(b) To talk to Lucifer.
(c) To see the collection of books.
(d) To buy some books from the collection.
15. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because he is scared of her.
(b) Because she asks him not to.
(c) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
(d) Because he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases the attacker ?
2. Who walks Phyllida Talent to the manor in Chapter 17?
3. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
4. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
5. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)