|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the love letters.
(b) About the watch.
(c) About the hat.
(d) About the ring.
2. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Jocasta Smollet.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
3. Who comes to visit Lucifer and stay at the manor?
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Demon and Flick.
4. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
(a) Because Horatio Welham has too many books.
(b) Because the books are not in a chronological order.
(c) Because of Horatio Welham's use of fake covers.
(d) Because the characters cannot read the titles of the books.
5. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
(a) Slap her.
(b) Seduce her.
(c) Threaten her.
(d) Only kiss her.
6. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
(a) Phyllida Tallent is not present.
(b) Phyllida Tallent is rushing out of the church.
(c) Phyllida Tallent is talking to the curate.
(d) Phyllida Tallent is talking to a local.
7. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
(a) The hat.
(b) The hoof prints.
(c) The letter.
(d) The ring.
8. At the manor, what is Covey and Jonas helping the curate look for?
(a) Aesop's Fables.
(b) The letter.
(c) The painting.
(d) The watch.
9. Why is Phyllida Tallent going towards the manor?
(a) To meet Lucifer.
(b) To borrow one of Horatio Welham's books.
(c) To search for the traveling desk.
(d) To meet Covey.
10. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
11. Who is present in the manor when one of the characters visits it in Chapter 12?
(c) Silas Coombe.
12. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
(a) Search for any tracks left by the murderer.
(b) Take inventory of all the tomes.
(c) Organize all of Horatio Welham's books.
(d) To put up all the new locks.
13. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
(a) To break into the manor looking for the desk.
(b) To break into the manor looking for a hat.
(c) To break into the manor to meet Lucifer.
(d) To break into the manor looking for a letter.
14. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Lady Fortemain.
15. Who chases the attacker ?
(a) The locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
2. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
3. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
4. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
5. Who among the following men is assumed NOT to be a legitimate heir to an inheritance?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)