|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
(c) Because he is scared of her.
(d) Because she asks him not to.
2. Why is it easy for Lucifer to distinguish the murderer from all other suspects?
(a) Because Lucifer is given some information which only he knows.
(b) Because Lucifer is a cavalryman and knows how infantry men operate.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent gives him a very special clue.
(d) Because the books reveal some information.
3. Who gives Lucifer the item left for him at the manor?
4. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
(a) Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Miss Sweetie.
(c) Lady Fortemain.
(d) Jocasta Smollet.
5. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the ring.
(b) About the hat.
(c) About the love letters.
(d) About the watch.
6. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the bookshelf.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the closet.
7. How does the character who is attached in Chapter 11 manage to set himself/herself free?
(a) By pushing the attacker away.
(b) By screaming.
(c) By kicking the attacker.
(d) By throwing something at the attacker.
8. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) At a graveyard.
(b) Behind the church.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) At a local bar.
9. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
(a) The attacks are planned very carefully.
(b) The attacks are not planned with precision.
(c) The attacks take place only in the night.
(d) The attacks are carried out with a gun.
10. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
(a) His job.
(b) His love letters.
(c) His desire to marry Mary Anne.
(d) His registration.
11. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
(a) Because Lucifer wants her to break her promise.
(b) Because Lucifer asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Because Lucifer seduces her.
(d) Because her sense of independence feels violated.
12. Who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent ?
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
13. Who is present in the manor when one of the characters visits it in Chapter 12?
(b) Silas Coombe.
14. What does Covey find at the grange?
(a) A hoof print.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) An inscription about Lady Fortemain.
(d) A hat.
15. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Lady Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
2. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
3. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
4. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
5. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)