|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts and charges the murderer of Horatio Welham at the end of the novel?
(a) Mr. Filing.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A note.
(b) A hat.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
3. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He tries to shoot the character.
(b) He tries to stab the character.
(c) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(d) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
4. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) The attacker.
5. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
(b) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(c) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
(d) That he does so because she wants him to.
6. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the ring.
(b) About the love letters.
(c) About the hat.
(d) About the watch.
7. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
(a) Confess his love for her in front of everybody.
(b) Tell everybody about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the murder scene.
(c) Sing to her in front of everbody.
(d) Kiss her in front of everybody.
8. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
(a) He sets it on fire and leaves.
(b) He runs away without causing any harm.
(c) He throws things on Phyllida Tallent and leaves.
(d) He damages everything.
9. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
(a) His desire to marry Mary Anne.
(b) His job.
(c) His registration.
(d) His love letters.
10. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the bookshelf.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the closet.
11. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
(a) Miss Sweetie.
(b) Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Jocasta Smollet.
(d) Lady Fortemain.
12. Where is the old valuable item that the murderer is looking for hidden?
(a) In the outbuildings of the manor.
(b) In the cover of Aesop's fables.
(c) In the traveling desk.
(d) In one of the closets at the manor.
13. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
(a) The letter.
(b) The hat.
(c) The ring.
(d) The watch.
14. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
15. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when she goes to meet the person who leaves the note for her?
(a) She is sexually assaulted.
(b) She is shot at.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
2. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
3. At the manor, what is Covey and Jonas helping the curate look for?
4. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
5. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, what are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent searching for?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)