|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Molly?
(a) Covey's wife.
(b) Cedric Fortemain's seamstress.
(c) Hemmings' wife.
(d) Appleby's seamstress.
2. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(b) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(d) Because she loves Lucifer.
3. Which of the following characters dresses in men's clothes?
(a) Jocasta Smollet.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
4. Who throws a ball at Ballyclose Manor?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Lady Fortemain.
(c) Jocasta Smollet.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
5. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
(b) He murders several men in the army.
(c) He murders his cousin.
(d) He murders his best friend in the army.
6. Who comes to visit Lucifer and stay at the manor?
(a) Demon and Flick.
(d) Mary Anne.
7. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
(a) That none of them are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(b) That he is the legitimate heir of a property.
(c) That he is NOT the legitimate heir of a property.
(d) That he and his brother are the legitimate heirs of a property.
8. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent does not want to marry Lucifer.
(b) They kiss each other.
(c) They finally marry each other.
(d) Lucifer says goodbye to her and leaves.
9. Why is Phyllida Tallent moved to the manor to stay as Lucifer's guest?
(a) So she can be used as a bait to catch the murderer.
(b) So she is safe.
(c) So she can help with the book collection.
(d) So she can see the murderer.
10. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
(a) The markings on the hoof prints are Thompson's work.
(b) The letter belongs to Farthingale.
(c) The ring belongs to Appleby.
(d) The hat belongs to Cedric Fortemain.
11. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A note.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hat.
12. Whom does Lucifer suspect when he receives a packet from one of the characters?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
13. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
14. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the ring.
(b) About the hat.
(c) About the love letters.
(d) About the watch.
15. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
(a) He is a male and wears nice clothes.
(b) He is very short.
(c) He is very fat.
(d) He is very tall and handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
2. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
3. How does the character who is attached in Chapter 11 manage to set himself/herself free?
4. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
5. Why does Lucifer write a letter to one of the characters?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)