|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
(a) He is very short.
(b) He is very tall and handsome.
(c) He is very fat.
(d) He is a male and wears nice clothes.
2. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
(a) That he is NOT the legitimate heir of a property.
(b) That he and his brother are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(c) That none of them are the legitimate heirs of a property.
(d) That he is the legitimate heir of a property.
3. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
(a) Sing to her in front of everbody.
(b) Tell everybody about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the murder scene.
(c) Confess his love for her in front of everybody.
(d) Kiss her in front of everybody.
4. Which character is attacked in chapter 11?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
5. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) At a graveyard.
(b) At a local bar.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) Behind the church.
6. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Silas Coombe.
7. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
8. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He tries to shoot the character.
(b) He tries to stab the character.
(c) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(d) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
9. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
(a) To Flick.
(b) To Demon.
(c) To his aunt.
(d) To Devil.
10. What does the attacker do when Phyllida Tallent is at the house?
(a) He runs away without causing any harm.
(b) He sets it on fire and leaves.
(c) He throws things on Phyllida Tallent and leaves.
(d) He damages everything.
11. Who is Polmeroy?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's little brother.
(b) Silas Coombe's little brother.
(c) Farthingale's little brother.
(d) Appleby's little brother.
12. Who accompanies Phyllida Tallent to stay with her at the manor?
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Miss Sweetie.
13. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A hat.
(b) A ring.
(c) A note.
(d) A letter.
14. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
(a) The letter.
(b) The hoof prints.
(c) The hat.
(d) The ring.
15. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
(a) Because Horatio Welham has too many books.
(b) Because of Horatio Welham's use of fake covers.
(c) Because the books are not in a chronological order.
(d) Because the characters cannot read the titles of the books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among the following men is assumed NOT to be a legitimate heir to an inheritance?
2. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
3. Who steps in to protect Phyllida Tallent from the assault at the graveyard?
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
5. Who works for the Fortemain's?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)