|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent does not want to marry Lucifer.
(b) They kiss each other.
(c) Lucifer says goodbye to her and leaves.
(d) They finally marry each other.
2. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) At a local bar.
(b) Behind the church.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) At a graveyard.
3. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
(a) At the channel.
(b) At the local church.
(c) At the bar.
(d) Edge of the cliffs.
4. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
(b) He tries to stab the character.
(c) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(d) He tries to shoot the character.
5. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
(a) Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Lady Fortemain.
(c) Miss Sweetie.
(d) Jocasta Smollet.
6. Where is the old valuable item that the murderer is looking for hidden?
(a) In the traveling desk.
(b) In one of the closets at the manor.
(c) In the cover of Aesop's fables.
(d) In the outbuildings of the manor.
7. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
(a) Silas Coombe's.
(b) Cedric Fortemain's.
(c) Lady Ballyclose's.
8. Who accompanies Phyllida Tallent to stay with her at the manor?
(a) Miss Sweetie.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Mary Anne.
9. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so because she wants him to.
(b) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(c) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
(d) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
10. Whom does Lucifer write a letter to for information on some of the locals?
(a) To his aunt.
(b) To Devil.
(c) To Demon.
(d) To Flick.
11. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
(a) The Smollets.
(b) At the manor.
(c) At Lady Ballyclose's place.
(d) The Tallents.
12. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
(a) Their relationship becomes stronger.
(b) Their relationship starts to break.
(c) Their relationship becomes even weaker.
(d) Their relationship changes into a marriage.
13. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
(a) Sing to her in front of everbody.
(b) Kiss her in front of everybody.
(c) Confess his love for her in front of everybody.
(d) Tell everybody about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the murder scene.
14. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
(a) A local on the street.
(b) A local in a wagon.
(c) A man at the post office.
(d) A man at the revenue office.
15. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the bookshelf.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
2. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
3. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
4. Where exactly is the place where the character is attacked in Chapter 11?
5. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, where do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent go?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)