|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
(a) He tries to shoot the character.
(b) He tries to stab the character.
(c) He throws a heavy object on the character's head.
(d) He throws a robe over the head of the character being attacked.
2. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
(a) A groomsman.
(b) A local.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A tinker.
3. Where is the old valuable item that the murderer is looking for hidden?
(a) In the cover of Aesop's fables.
(b) In the outbuildings of the manor.
(c) In one of the closets at the manor.
(d) In the traveling desk.
4. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
(a) He murders several men in the army.
(b) He murders his best friend in the army.
(c) He murders his cousin.
(d) He shoots one of his close friends when at his friend's home.
5. Whom does Cedric Fortemain see wearing the hat?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(b) Silas Coombe.
6. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
(b) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
7. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
(a) The watch.
(b) The hat.
(c) The ring.
(d) The letter.
8. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
(b) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(c) That he does so because she wants him to.
(d) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
9. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They fall into a pit.
(b) They go for a picnic into the woods.
(c) They marry each other.
(d) They become intimate.
10. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
(a) Sing to her in front of everbody.
(b) Kiss her in front of everybody.
(c) Confess his love for her in front of everybody.
(d) Tell everybody about Phyllida Tallent's presence at the murder scene.
11. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because she asks him not to.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
(d) Because he is scared of her.
12. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
(a) His love letters.
(b) His job.
(c) His registration.
(d) His desire to marry Mary Anne.
13. Why is it easy for Lucifer to distinguish the murderer from all other suspects?
(a) Because the books reveal some information.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent gives him a very special clue.
(c) Because Lucifer is given some information which only he knows.
(d) Because Lucifer is a cavalryman and knows how infantry men operate.
14. Who is Devil?
(a) Lucifer's cousin.
(b) Lucifer's father.
(c) Lucifer's friend.
(d) Lucifer's uncle.
15. How does the murderer die?
(a) He is shot at.
(b) He is swept off the edge of a cliff and dies.
(c) He is pushed down from the cliff by the town people.
(d) He drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
2. Who steps in to protect Phyllida Tallent from the assault at the graveyard?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
4. Who comes to visit Lucifer and stay at the manor?
5. What is known of the attacker from chapter 11?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)