|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucifer rushes in to save Phyllida Tallent from the burning house, what item do they lose inside the place?
(a) The watch.
(b) The letter.
(c) The ring.
(d) The hat.
2. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
(a) A groomsman.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A tinker.
(d) A local.
3. Where does the murderer meet the entire town people?
(a) At the channel.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At the local church.
(d) Edge of the cliffs.
4. Why is it easy for Lucifer to distinguish the murderer from all other suspects?
(a) Because Lucifer is a cavalryman and knows how infantry men operate.
(b) Because the books reveal some information.
(c) Because Lucifer is given some information which only he knows.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent gives him a very special clue.
5. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
(a) It is going smooth.
(b) It is very rough.
(c) It is exactly what they both want.
(d) It is awkward at this point.
6. At the manor, what does Phyllida Tallent leave behind for Luifer?
(a) A note.
(b) A letter.
(c) A hat.
(d) A ring.
7. Where is Phyllida Tallent when she is attacked at the ball?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bookshelf.
(d) In the garden.
8. Who is riding the horse in question - the one that Thompson finds?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
9. Why does this character dress in men's clothes?
(a) To break into the manor looking for the desk.
(b) To break into the manor looking for a letter.
(c) To break into the manor to meet Lucifer.
(d) To break into the manor looking for a hat.
10. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the love letters.
(b) About the ring.
(c) About the hat.
(d) About the watch.
11. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Silas Coombe.
12. At whose place is the dance party arranged?
(a) At the manor.
(b) The Smollets.
(c) At Lady Ballyclose's place.
(d) The Tallents.
13. Why is Phyllida Tallent going towards the manor?
(a) To borrow one of Horatio Welham's books.
(b) To search for the traveling desk.
(c) To meet Lucifer.
(d) To meet Covey.
14. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
(a) His desire to marry Mary Anne.
(b) His registration.
(c) His love letters.
(d) His job.
15. Which of the characters is suspected of murdering Horatio Welham?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
2. Why is taking inventory of the books at the manor becoming very difficult for the characters present there?
3. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
4. What does Lucifer see when he visits the burned cottage?
5. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)