Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
(a) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her that long.
(b) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her at all.
(c) Because Lucifer abruptly breaks off when they are kissing.
(d) Because Lucifer dislikes her behaviour.
2. What is the item left at the murder scene?
(a) A hat.
(b) A watch.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
4. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
(c) Friend and mentor.
5. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of complete trust,
(b) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(c) Feelings of deep love.
(d) Feelings of hatred.
6. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
7. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(b) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(c) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
(d) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
8. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(b) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(c) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(d) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
9. Where does Horatio Welham hail from?
(a) Lake District.
10. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a an illegal business.
(b) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
(c) That it is a fishing business.
(d) That it is a weapons business.
11. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
(a) To tell her how dangerous things are for her.
(b) To hide from someone approaching.
(c) To make out with her.
(d) To kiss her.
12. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) The locals.
(c) Horatio's gardener.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
13. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's cousin.
(b) Sir Jasper's sister.
(c) Sir Jasper's wife.
(d) Sir Jasper's friend.
14. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
(a) New shelves for Horatio Welham's books.
(b) New flowers for the garden.
(c) New doors.
(d) New locks.
15. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
(a) A gentleman leaving the manor.
(b) Someone talking to Covey.
(c) Someone entering the manor.
(d) A light in Lucifer's drawing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent not tell Lucifer everything about the day of the murder?
2. What does Lucifer specialize in?
3. Who is Jem?
4. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
5. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)