|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the kitchen window.
(b) Through the bathroom window.
(c) Through the basement.
(d) Through the dining room window.
2. Who takes care of Lucifer?
(a) The locals.
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's aunt.
3. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
(a) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her at all.
(b) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her that long.
(c) Because Lucifer dislikes her behaviour.
(d) Because Lucifer abruptly breaks off when they are kissing.
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
(a) Frederick Huddlesford.
(b) Percy Tallent.
(c) Lady Huddlesford.
(d) Mrs. Flemmings.
5. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
(b) Silas Coombe.
6. Why does Phyllida Tallent run away from the murder scene?
(a) She hears the murderer approaching.
(b) She hears people approaching.
(c) She hears Sir Jasper approaching.
(d) She hears Lucifer approaching.
7. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
8. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Lucifer's cousin.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(d) Lucifer's brother.
9. Who is the local magistrate?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Horatio Welham.
(d) Sir Jasper.
10. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Wagon prints.
(b) Recent hoof prints.
(c) Carriage prints.
(d) Foot prints.
11. Where does Horatio Welham hail from?
(d) Lake District.
12. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
(a) To meet some locals.
(b) To go on a picnic.
(c) To take a walk.
(d) To make sure that no stranger rode in from that direction on the day of the murder.
13. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
(b) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(c) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(d) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
14. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
15. Who is Jem?
(a) The caretaker of the manor.
(b) The new servant at the manor.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) A groomsman on the grange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
2. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
3. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
4. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
5. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)