|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
(a) Mrs. Flemmings.
(b) Lady Huddlesford.
(c) Frederick Huddlesford.
(d) Percy Tallent.
2. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's sister.
(b) Silas Coombe's sister.
(c) Basil's sister.
(d) Grisby's sister.
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Mary Anne.
4. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
(b) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(c) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
(d) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
5. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
(a) A local.
(b) Phyllida Tallent
(c) Horatio Welham's servant.
(d) Horatio Welham's friend.
6. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He disguises himself.
(b) He tries to harm them and runs away.
(c) He runs away on a horse.
(d) He hides inside the manor.
7. Who is Thompson?
(a) A butler.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A servant.
(d) A cook.
8. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A fallen tree.
(b) A dip in a pit.
(c) A wounded Phyllida.
(d) A wounded Lucifer.
9. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of deep love.
(b) Feelings of complete trust,
(c) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(d) Feelings of hatred.
10. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That she should be very careful when alone.
(b) That he wants to kiss her.
(c) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
(d) That she should have a male escort.
11. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
12. Who is Percy?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(b) Lucifer's cousin.
(c) Lucifer's brother.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
13. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who is happily married.
(b) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(c) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(d) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
14. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
15. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
(c) Friend and mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
2. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
4. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
5. What does Lucifer ask for Phyllida Tallent's to help with?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)