|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's servant.
(b) Horatio Welham's butler.
(c) Horatio Welham's cook.
(d) Horatio Welham's gardener.
2. Who is the local magistrate?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Horatio Welham.
(c) Sir Jasper.
3. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's wife.
(b) Sir Jasper's sister.
(c) Sir Jasper's friend.
(d) Sir Jasper's cousin.
4. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That she should have a male escort.
(b) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
(c) That he wants to kiss her.
(d) That she should be very careful when alone.
5. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
(a) A watch.
(b) A hat.
(d) Hoof prints.
6. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
(a) In England.
(b) In Musbery.
(c) In Devon.
(d) In Somerset.
7. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Foot prints.
(b) Recent hoof prints.
(c) Carriage prints.
(d) Wagon prints.
8. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
9. Why does Horatio Welham choose to tell Lucifer about the secret item?
(a) Because Horatio Welham is Lucifer's mentor.
(b) Because Horatio Welham and Lucifer live with each other.
(c) Because both Horatio Welham and Lucifer share a very long friendship.
(d) Because Horatio Welham wants to gift that item to Lucifer.
10. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
(a) To meet someone.
(b) To borrow a book from Horatio Welham's collection.
(c) To leave an item there.
(d) To collect Mary Anne's love letters.
11. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(b) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(c) Someone who is happily married.
(d) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
12. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
(a) Jocasta Smollet.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
13. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Lucifer's cousin.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(c) Lucifer's brother.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
14. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) A local of the town.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
15. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(b) Sila Coombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
2. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
3. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
4. Why do you think Lucifer accompanies Phyllida Tallent on her errands?
5. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)