|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
(b) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
(c) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
(d) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
2. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(b) Feelings of hatred.
(c) Feelings of deep love.
(d) Feelings of complete trust,
3. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Lady Huddlesford.
(d) Sir Jasper.
4. Why does Horatio Welham choose to tell Lucifer about the secret item?
(a) Because Horatio Welham wants to gift that item to Lucifer.
(b) Because Horatio Welham is Lucifer's mentor.
(c) Because both Horatio Welham and Lucifer share a very long friendship.
(d) Because Horatio Welham and Lucifer live with each other.
5. What is the weapon that Phyllida Tallent accidentally collides with?
6. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
(b) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
(c) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(d) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
7. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Silas Coombe's mother.
(b) Grisby's mother.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(d) Basil's mother.
8. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's sister.
(b) Sir Jasper's friend.
(c) Sir Jasper's cousin.
(d) Sir Jasper's wife.
9. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
(a) Horatio Welham's servant.
(b) A local.
(c) Horatio Welham's friend.
(d) Phyllida Tallent
10. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A dip in a pit.
(b) A wounded Phyllida.
(c) A wounded Lucifer.
(d) A fallen tree.
11. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
(a) In Devon.
(b) In Somerset.
(c) In England.
(d) In Musbery.
12. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(d) Sila Coombe.
13. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
(b) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(c) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(d) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
14. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
(a) A gentleman leaving the manor.
(b) Someone entering the manor.
(c) A light in Lucifer's drawing room.
(d) Someone talking to Covey.
15. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
2. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
3. Who is Jem?
4. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
5. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)