|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jem?
(a) A groomsman on the grange.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The new servant at the manor.
(d) The caretaker of the manor.
2. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
(b) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(c) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
(d) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
3. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He still hates the idea of marriage.
(b) He decides never to marry.
(c) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(d) He wants a family living in the manor.
4. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
(b) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(c) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(d) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
5. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
6. Who is Robert's boss?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Mr. Crabbs.
7. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
(b) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
(c) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
(d) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
8. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Jocasta Smollet.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
9. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) Two weeks or more.
(b) A month more.
(c) Two months more.
(d) A week or more.
10. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
(a) He wants some of Horatio Welham's books.
(b) He wants to have tea with Lucifer.
(c) He wants to see the manor.
(d) He wants to know where Phyllida Tallent is.
11. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A wounded Lucifer.
(b) A wounded Phyllida.
(c) A fallen tree.
(d) A dip in a pit.
12. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(b) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(c) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(d) To check the house and lock up for the night.
13. What is the weapon used to murder one of the characters?
(c) Letter opener.
14. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's butler.
(b) Horatio Welham's servant.
(c) Horatio Welham's cook.
(d) Horatio Welham's gardener.
15. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
(a) New flowers for the garden.
(b) New shelves for Horatio Welham's books.
(c) New locks.
(d) New doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
2. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
3. What is the weapon that Phyllida Tallent accidentally collides with?
4. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
5. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)