|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) A month more.
(b) Two weeks or more.
(c) A week or more.
(d) Two months more.
2. Who is the local magistrate?
(b) Horatio Welham.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
3. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
4. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
(a) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she loses Mary Anne's letters.
(b) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she (Mary Anne) and Robert should get married.
(c) Trying to tell Mary Anne the importance of Lucifer knowing about the love letters.
(d) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she should ask Robert to give permission about the love letters.
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
(a) To collect Mary Anne's love letters.
(b) To meet someone.
(c) To borrow a book from Horatio Welham's collection.
(d) To leave an item there.
6. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(b) Feelings of hatred.
(c) Feelings of complete trust,
(d) Feelings of deep love.
7. Why is Covey important to Lucifer?
(a) Because Covey knows the murderer.
(b) Because Covey has some information.
(c) Because Covey can identify Lucifer.
(d) Because Covey is Lucifer's friend.
8. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
(a) To be questioned about his background.
(b) To be questioned about Horatio Welham's murder.
(c) To be questioned about a letter.
(d) To be questioned about his visit to Colyton.
9. Who is Jem?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The caretaker of the manor.
(c) The new servant at the manor.
(d) A groomsman on the grange.
10. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a weapons business.
(b) That it is a fishing business.
(c) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
(d) That it is a an illegal business.
11. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Mary Anne.
12. Why does Phyllida Tallent run away from the murder scene?
(a) She hears Sir Jasper approaching.
(b) She hears people approaching.
(c) She hears Lucifer approaching.
(d) She hears the murderer approaching.
13. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(b) Sila Coombe.
14. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
(a) A hat.
(b) Hoof prints.
(d) A watch.
15. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(b) Basil's mother.
(c) Grisby's mother.
(d) Silas Coombe's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Lucifer?
2. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
3. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
4. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)