|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
(a) That he sees no collector coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(b) That he suspects someone.
(c) That he knows about Horatio Welham's letter.
(d) That she sees one or two collectors coming by Horatio Welham's house.
2. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Recent hoof prints.
(b) Foot prints.
(c) Carriage prints.
(d) Wagon prints.
3. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
4. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
(b) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
(c) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
(d) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent accidentally hurt with a weapon?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(c) Her Aunt.
(d) A local.
6. Who is Percy?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(c) Lucifer's brother.
(d) Lucifer's cousin.
7. Who is Miss Sweetie?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's aunt
(b) Phyllida Tallent's seamstress.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's dresser.
8. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(b) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
9. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(b) A local.
(c) Silas Coombe.
10. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(a) Sila Coombe.
11. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
(b) Lady Huddlesford.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
12. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
(b) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(c) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
(d) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
13. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
(a) Horatio Welham's friend.
(b) A local.
(c) Horatio Welham's servant.
(d) Phyllida Tallent
14. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(b) Someone who is happily married.
(c) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(d) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
15. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
2. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
3. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
4. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
5. Who is the character of Phyllida Tallent?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)