|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That she should be very careful when alone.
(b) That he wants to kiss her.
(c) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
(d) That she should have a male escort.
2. What is the item left at the murder scene?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A hat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
3. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
(a) He wants to see the manor.
(b) He wants to know where Phyllida Tallent is.
(c) He wants to have tea with Lucifer.
(d) He wants some of Horatio Welham's books.
4. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
(b) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
(a) Percy Tallent.
(b) Lady Huddlesford.
(c) Frederick Huddlesford.
(d) Mrs. Flemmings.
6. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Mary Anne.
7. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
(a) Horatio's gardener.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) The locals.
(d) Sir Jasper.
8. Who is Thompson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A servant.
(c) A cook.
(d) A butler.
9. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
(a) Spending time chatting with Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Getting alibis from people.
(c) Spending time reading Horatio Welham's books.
(d) Spending time with Lady Ballyclose.
10. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(c) Lady Huddlesford.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
11. Where does Horatio Welham hail from?
(d) Lake District.
12. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's cook.
(b) Horatio Welham's servant.
(c) Horatio Welham's butler.
(d) Horatio Welham's gardener.
13. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
(b) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
(c) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
(d) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
14. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(b) Someone who is happily married.
(c) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(d) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
15. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Covey?
2. Who is Robert's boss?
3. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent accidentally hurt with a weapon?
5. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)