|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent run away from the murder scene?
(a) She hears Sir Jasper approaching.
(b) She hears people approaching.
(c) She hears the murderer approaching.
(d) She hears Lucifer approaching.
2. Who takes care of Lucifer?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's aunt.
(c) The locals.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
(b) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
(c) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
(d) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
4. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
(a) Grisby's sister.
(b) Cedric Fortemain's sister.
(c) Silas Coombe's sister.
(d) Basil's sister.
5. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(b) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(c) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(d) To check the house and lock up for the night.
6. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
(a) Mrs. Flemmings.
(b) Lady Huddlesford.
(c) Frederick Huddlesford.
(d) Percy Tallent.
7. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Lady Huddlesford.
(d) Sir Jasper.
8. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
9. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
(a) A local.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
10. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of complete trust,
(b) Feelings of hatred.
(c) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(d) Feelings of deep love.
11. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) Two weeks or more.
(b) A month more.
(c) A week or more.
(d) Two months more.
12. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(b) Lucifer's brother.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(d) Lucifer's cousin.
13. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent tells Lucifer.
(b) Because Lucifer recognizes her touch.
(c) Because a local tells Lucifer.
(d) Because Lucifer sees Phyllida Tallent there.
14. Who is Thompson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A cook.
(c) A butler.
(d) A servant.
15. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
(b) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(d) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
2. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
3. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
4. Who is Percy?
5. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)