|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
(a) "Please help me".
(b) "You are beautiful".
(c) "It was you".
(d) "I love you".
2. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(b) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
3. What does Lucifer find himself doing, whenever possible, in chapters eight and nine?
(a) Going on long walks with her.
(b) Protecting Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Trying to convince her to tell him all she knows about the murder.
4. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He still hates the idea of marriage.
(b) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(c) He wants a family living in the manor.
(d) He decides never to marry.
5. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
(a) A local.
(d) Silas Coombe.
6. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(c) A local.
(d) Silas Coombe.
7. Who is Devil?
(a) Lucifer's middle cousin.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's eldest cousin.
(c) Lucifer's youngest cousin.
(d) Lucifer's eldest cousin.
8. Why do you think Lucifer accompanies Phyllida Tallent on her errands?
(a) Because he wants to see the town.
(b) Because he wants to meet all the men courting her.
(c) Because he wants to meet all the locals.
(d) Because he wants to be in her presence.
9. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
(b) Silas Coombe.
10. Who is Jem?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The new servant at the manor.
(c) The caretaker of the manor.
(d) A groomsman on the grange.
11. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(c) Sila Coombe.
12. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
13. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
(a) That he sees no collector coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(b) That he suspects someone.
(c) That she sees one or two collectors coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(d) That he knows about Horatio Welham's letter.
14. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
(a) To tell her how dangerous things are for her.
(b) To hide from someone approaching.
(c) To make out with her.
(d) To kiss her.
15. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gabriel?
2. Who takes care of Lucifer?
3. Why is Covey important to Lucifer?
4. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
5. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)