|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Percy?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(b) Lucifer's cousin.
(c) Lucifer's brother.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
2. What is the item left at the murder scene?
(a) A ring.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A hat.
(d) A watch.
3. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(b) Silas Coombe's mother.
(c) Grisby's mother.
(d) Basil's mother.
4. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's friend.
(b) Sir Jasper's cousin.
(c) Sir Jasper's wife.
(d) Sir Jasper's sister.
5. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) A local of the town.
6. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
(a) To hide from someone approaching.
(b) To kiss her.
(c) To tell her how dangerous things are for her.
(d) To make out with her.
7. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
(b) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(c) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(d) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
8. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That he wants to kiss her.
(b) That she should be very careful when alone.
(c) That she should have a male escort.
(d) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
9. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
(a) "You are beautiful".
(b) "I love you".
(c) "Please help me".
(d) "It was you".
10. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
(a) Getting alibis from people.
(b) Spending time with Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Spending time chatting with Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Spending time reading Horatio Welham's books.
11. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Mary Anne.
12. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
(a) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her at all.
(b) Because Lucifer dislikes her behaviour.
(c) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her that long.
(d) Because Lucifer abruptly breaks off when they are kissing.
13. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(b) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
14. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(b) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(c) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(d) To keep an eye on the book collection.
15. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He hides inside the manor.
(b) He runs away on a horse.
(c) He disguises himself.
(d) He tries to harm them and runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
2. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
3. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
4. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
5. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)