|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Someone who initially has no desire for love and marriage.
(b) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(c) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(d) Someone who is already married.
2. Why does Phyllida Tallent run away from the murder scene?
(a) She hears people approaching.
(b) She hears the murderer approaching.
(c) She hears Lucifer approaching.
(d) She hears Sir Jasper approaching.
3. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(b) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(c) That she will be very careful.
(d) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
4. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
(a) Hoof prints.
(b) A hat.
(c) A watch.
5. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
(a) A local.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Sir Jasper.
6. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(b) Mr. Crabbs.
(d) Mary Anne.
7. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
8. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Alasdair Cynster(Lucifer).
(c) Horatio Welham.
(d) Sir Jasper.
9. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) A week or more.
(b) A month more.
(c) Two weeks or more.
(d) Two months more.
10. What does Lucifer ask for Phyllida Tallent's to help with?
(a) Take care of the book collection.
(b) Take care of the garden at the manor.
(c) Take care of Horatio Welham's personal items in the manor.
(d) Take care of the manor.
11. Who is Devil?
(a) Lucifer's eldest cousin.
(b) Lucifer's middle cousin.
(c) Lucifer's youngest cousin.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's eldest cousin.
12. Who is Thompson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A butler.
(c) A servant.
(d) A cook.
13. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
(a) They kiss each other as a result of Phyllida Tallent falling into Lucifer's arms.
(b) They both fall in a dip in the path.
(c) Only Lucifer falls in the dip in the path.
(d) They hold hands with each other.
14. Who is the local magistrate?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
15. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(b) He decides never to marry.
(c) He wants a family living in the manor.
(d) He still hates the idea of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gabriel?
2. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
3. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
4. Who is Miss Sweetie?
5. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)