|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of hatred.
(b) Feelings of complete trust,
(c) Feelings of deep love.
(d) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
2. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
(a) He wants to have tea with Lucifer.
(b) He wants to know where Phyllida Tallent is.
(c) He wants some of Horatio Welham's books.
(d) He wants to see the manor.
3. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's sister.
(b) Sir Jasper's wife.
(c) Sir Jasper's cousin.
(d) Sir Jasper's friend.
4. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Demolish and it and build a new one.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Make it a home.
5. What does Lucifer ask for Phyllida Tallent's to help with?
(a) Take care of Horatio Welham's personal items in the manor.
(b) Take care of the manor.
(c) Take care of the garden at the manor.
(d) Take care of the book collection.
6. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(b) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(c) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(d) Someone who is happily married.
7. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
(a) Lady Huddlesford.
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
8. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Grisby's mother.
(b) Silas Coombe's mother.
(c) Basil's mother.
(d) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
9. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(b) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
(c) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
(d) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
10. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A wounded Lucifer.
(b) A wounded Phyllida.
(c) A dip in a pit.
(d) A fallen tree.
11. What do Lucifer and Dodswell find at the spot where the character is shot at?
(b) A watch.
(c) A hat.
(d) Hoof prints.
12. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He disguises himself.
(b) He hides inside the manor.
(c) He tries to harm them and runs away.
(d) He runs away on a horse.
13. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
(a) New locks.
(b) New flowers for the garden.
(c) New shelves for Horatio Welham's books.
(d) New doors.
14. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
(a) To make out with her.
(b) To kiss her.
(c) To hide from someone approaching.
(d) To tell her how dangerous things are for her.
15. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
(b) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
(c) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
(d) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
2. What is the weapon that Phyllida Tallent accidentally collides with?
3. What does Lucifer specialize in?
4. Who among the following men attended the church service on Sunday?
5. Who is Hemmings?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)