|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the local magistrate?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
3. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
(a) Feelings of deep love.
(b) Feelings of attraction and curiosity.
(c) Feelings of complete trust,
(d) Feelings of hatred.
4. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(b) A local.
(c) Silas Coombe.
5. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
(a) Friend and mentor.
6. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
(a) That Lucifer comes along only to get more information from her.
(b) That Lucifer wants to meet the men who are courting her.
(c) That Lucifer wants to see the town.
(d) That Lucifer loves her and hence comes with her.
7. Where does Horatio Welham hail from?
(c) Lake District.
8. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) Two months more.
(b) A month more.
(c) Two weeks or more.
(d) A week or more.
9. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
(a) To make out with her.
(b) To tell her how dangerous things are for her.
(c) To hide from someone approaching.
(d) To kiss her.
10. The novel "All About Love" is set in what year?
11. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
(a) That she has many admirers.
(b) That she shows interest in love.
(c) That she has no admirers at all.
(d) That she has a desire for marriage.
12. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(b) He wants a family living in the manor.
(c) He decides never to marry.
(d) He still hates the idea of marriage.
13. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) A local of the town.
14. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
(a) Demolish and it and build a new one.
(b) Make it a home.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Sell it.
15. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
(a) To be questioned about his background.
(b) To be questioned about a letter.
(c) To be questioned about Horatio Welham's murder.
(d) To be questioned about his visit to Colyton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
2. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
3. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
4. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
5. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)