|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
(a) To collect Mary Anne's love letters.
(b) To meet someone.
(c) To borrow a book from Horatio Welham's collection.
(d) To leave an item there.
2. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a weapons business.
(b) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
(c) That it is a fishing business.
(d) That it is a an illegal business.
3. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(b) Grisby's mother.
(c) Silas Coombe's mother.
(d) Basil's mother.
4. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
(a) A month more.
(b) Two weeks or more.
(c) Two months more.
(d) A week or more.
5. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
(a) In Somerset.
(b) In Musbery.
(c) In England.
(d) In Devon.
6. What does Lucifer find himself doing, whenever possible, in chapters eight and nine?
(a) Trying to convince her to tell him all she knows about the murder.
(b) Protecting Phyllida Tallent.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Going on long walks with her.
7. Who is Lady Huddlesford?
(a) Sir Jasper's wife.
(b) Sir Jasper's sister.
(c) Sir Jasper's cousin.
(d) Sir Jasper's friend.
8. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
(a) Only Lucifer falls in the dip in the path.
(b) They hold hands with each other.
(c) They kiss each other as a result of Phyllida Tallent falling into Lucifer's arms.
(d) They both fall in a dip in the path.
9. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Lady Huddlesford.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
10. What is the item left at the murder scene?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A watch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hat.
11. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
12. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He disguises himself.
(b) He tries to harm them and runs away.
(c) He hides inside the manor.
(d) He runs away on a horse.
13. Who is Jacosta Smollet?
(a) Silas Coombe's sister.
(b) Cedric Fortemain's sister.
(c) Basil's sister.
(d) Grisby's sister.
14. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
(a) Demolish and it and build a new one.
(b) Donate it to charity.
(c) Make it a home.
(d) Sell it.
15. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Lucifer's cousin.
(b) Lucifer's brother.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
2. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
3. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
4. What does Lucifer ask for Phyllida Tallent's to help with?
5. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)