|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He still hates the idea of marriage.
(b) He wants a family living in the manor.
(c) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(d) He decides never to marry.
2. Who throws a party in honor of Lucifer decision to stay at Colyton?
(a) Lady Ballyclose.
(b) Jocasta Smollet.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
3. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A dip in a pit.
(b) A wounded Phyllida.
(c) A fallen tree.
(d) A wounded Lucifer.
4. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
(b) Mr. Crabbs.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
5. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who is happily married.
(b) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
(c) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(d) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
6. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
(a) "You are beautiful".
(b) "I love you".
(c) "It was you".
(d) "Please help me".
7. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
(b) Silas Coombe.
8. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(b) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
(c) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
9. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the kitchen window.
(b) Through the basement.
(c) Through the dining room window.
(d) Through the bathroom window.
10. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
(b) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
(c) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
(d) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
11. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
(c) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
12. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
(a) A local.
(b) Horatio Welham's friend.
(c) Horatio Welham's servant.
(d) Phyllida Tallent
13. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
14. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
15. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
(a) To make sure that no stranger rode in from that direction on the day of the murder.
(b) To go on a picnic.
(c) To take a walk.
(d) To meet some locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
2. Who sneaks into Horatio Welham's house in search of something?
3. Why does Phyllida Tallent not tell Lucifer everything about the day of the murder?
4. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
5. Who is Miss Sweetie?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)