|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thompson?
(a) A cook.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A butler.
(d) A servant.
2. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(b) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(c) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
(d) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
3. Who is Devil?
(a) Lucifer's middle cousin.
(b) Lucifer's eldest cousin.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's eldest cousin.
(d) Lucifer's youngest cousin.
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
(a) Mrs. Flemmings.
(b) Frederick Huddlesford.
(c) Percy Tallent.
(d) Lady Huddlesford.
5. What is the name of the town where Covey is visiting?
6. Who is Miss Sweetie?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's dresser.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's seamstress.
(d) Phyllida Tallent's aunt
7. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Wagon prints.
(b) Recent hoof prints.
(c) Foot prints.
(d) Carriage prints.
8. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
(a) They kiss each other as a result of Phyllida Tallent falling into Lucifer's arms.
(b) They hold hands with each other.
(c) They both fall in a dip in the path.
(d) Only Lucifer falls in the dip in the path.
9. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
10. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
(a) To go on a picnic.
(b) To take a walk.
(c) To meet some locals.
(d) To make sure that no stranger rode in from that direction on the day of the murder.
11. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
(a) To kiss her.
(b) To make out with her.
(c) To tell her how dangerous things are for her.
(d) To hide from someone approaching.
12. Why does Silas Coombe visit Lucifer?
(a) He wants to know where Phyllida Tallent is.
(b) He wants some of Horatio Welham's books.
(c) He wants to see the manor.
(d) He wants to have tea with Lucifer.
13. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
(a) To be questioned about his background.
(b) To be questioned about his visit to Colyton.
(c) To be questioned about Horatio Welham's murder.
(d) To be questioned about a letter.
14. Who is Jonas?
(a) Phyllida Tallant's twin brother.
(b) Phyllida Tallent's nephew.
(c) Lucifer's nephew.
(d) Lucifer's twin brother.
15. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
(a) He decides never to marry.
(b) He still hates the idea of marriage.
(c) He is intrigued by the idea of marriage.
(d) He wants a family living in the manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
2. What is Lucifer busy doing at the party?
3. Why does Horatio Welham choose to tell Lucifer about the secret item?
4. Who takes care of Lucifer?
5. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)