|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That he wants to kiss her.
(b) That she should be very careful when alone.
(c) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
(d) That she should have a male escort.
2. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
3. Who is the character of Lucifer?
(a) Someone who sees love and marriage as a curse.
(b) Someone who believes in love and marriage.
(c) Someone who is happily married.
(d) Someone who wants to desperately get married.
4. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Mary Anne.
5. Who is Jonas?
(a) Phyllida Tallant's twin brother.
(b) Lucifer's nephew.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's nephew.
(d) Lucifer's twin brother.
6. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Lady Huddlesford.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
7. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
8. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(c) Sila Coombe.
9. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
10. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
(a) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she (Mary Anne) and Robert should get married.
(b) Trying to tell Mary Anne the importance of Lucifer knowing about the love letters.
(c) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she should ask Robert to give permission about the love letters.
(d) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she loses Mary Anne's letters.
11. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(b) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(c) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(d) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
12. Why does Phyllida Tallent run away from the murder scene?
(a) She hears Lucifer approaching.
(b) She hears the murderer approaching.
(c) She hears people approaching.
(d) She hears Sir Jasper approaching.
13. Who is Thompson?
(a) A servant.
(b) A butler.
(c) A cook.
(d) A blacksmith.
14. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
(a) She wants to put an end to the physical aspect of her relationship.
(b) She is curious about the physical aspect of her relationship.
(c) She wants to avoid the physical aspect of her relationship.
(d) She does not find the physical aspect appealing.
15. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
(a) To be questioned about a letter.
(b) To be questioned about his visit to Colyton.
(c) To be questioned about Horatio Welham's murder.
(d) To be questioned about his background.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Horatio Welham hail from?
2. Who is the character of Phyllida Tallent?
3. What is the assumption Phyllida Tallent makes about Lucifer running errands together with her?
4. Who is Covey?
5. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)