|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 21 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent get very angry when at the church?
(a) Because Lucifer seduces her.
(b) Because her sense of independence feels violated.
(c) Because Lucifer asks for her hand in marriage.
(d) Because Lucifer wants her to break her promise.
2. Who is Molly?
(a) Hemmings' wife.
(b) Appleby's seamstress.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's seamstress.
(d) Covey's wife.
3. Who assaults Phyllida Tallent at the graveyard?
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(c) The attacker.
(d) Silas Coombe.
4. Why does Phyllida Tallent not tell Lucifer everything about the day of the murder?
(a) Because she is worried about getting into trouble.
(b) Because her father tells her not to.
(c) Because she does not trust Lucifer.
(d) Because if she does, she will break her promise of secrecy to her friend.
5. What aspect of the killer is seen in chapter 17?
(a) He is very slow.
(b) He is very clever.
(c) He is very dumb.
(d) He is very fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can readers say about the attacks from chapter 11?
2. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
3. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
4. How does the murderer die?
5. What is learned about Appleby in chapter19?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)