|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 21 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
(a) A local in a wagon.
(b) A man at the post office.
(c) A local on the street.
(d) A man at the revenue office.
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
(a) They kiss each other as a result of Phyllida Tallent falling into Lucifer's arms.
(b) Only Lucifer falls in the dip in the path.
(c) They both fall in a dip in the path.
(d) They hold hands with each other.
3. How does the murderer die?
(a) He is shot at.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is swept off the edge of a cliff and dies.
(d) He is pushed down from the cliff by the town people.
4. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the love letters.
(b) About the ring.
(c) About the hat.
(d) About the watch.
5. Why does Horatio Welham choose to tell Lucifer about the secret item?
(a) Because Horatio Welham and Lucifer live with each other.
(b) Because Horatio Welham wants to gift that item to Lucifer.
(c) Because both Horatio Welham and Lucifer share a very long friendship.
(d) Because Horatio Welham is Lucifer's mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
2. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
3. What is the weapon used to murder one of the characters?
4. Why does the murderer kill his friend in the army?
5. In Chapter 11, how does the attacker attack one of the characters?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)