|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 21 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the local magistrate?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. What does Covey tell Lucifer when Lucifer goes to the manor for the wake?
(a) That he knows about Horatio Welham's letter.
(b) That he suspects someone.
(c) That he sees no collector coming by Horatio Welham's house.
(d) That she sees one or two collectors coming by Horatio Welham's house.
3. Whom do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer meet on their way back from the north?
(a) A groomsman.
(b) A tinker.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A local.
4. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Donate it to charity.
(c) Make it a home.
(d) Demolish and it and build a new one.
5. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
(b) That she should be very careful when alone.
(c) That he wants to kiss her.
(d) That she should have a male escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts and charges the murderer of Horatio Welham at the end of the novel?
2. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
3. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
4. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
5. What is the one thing that Lucifer takes note of with regards to Phyllida Tallent when they are out with each other?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)