|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 21 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the ball at Ballyclose manor, where do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's room.
(d) The outhouse.
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
(a) To leave an item there.
(b) To meet someone.
(c) To collect Mary Anne's love letters.
(d) To borrow a book from Horatio Welham's collection.
3. Who is the murderer of Horatio Welham?
(b) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Where does the person who leaves a note for Phyllida Tallent want to meet her?
(a) At a graveyard.
(b) At a local bar.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) Behind the church.
5. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(b) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(c) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
(d) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucifer realize after seeing what he sees at the burned cottage?
2. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
3. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
4. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
5. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer at the end of the novel?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)