|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer assume the killer is?
(a) A local.
(b) Phyllida Tallent
(c) Horatio Welham's servant.
(d) Horatio Welham's friend.
2. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(c) Because she loves Lucifer.
(d) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
3. When Lucifer grabs Phyllida Tallent's wrist, what does he say to her?
(a) "I love you".
(b) "Please help me".
(c) "It was you".
(d) "You are beautiful".
4. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(b) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
(c) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(d) That she will be very careful.
5. What is the information about in the note left for Phyllida Tallent?
(a) About the love letters.
(b) About the hat.
(c) About the ring.
(d) About the watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
2. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when she goes to meet the person who leaves the note for her?
3. Who is Jem?
4. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
5. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)