|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucifer leave the letter Horatio Welham writes?
(a) In Musbery.
(b) In England.
(c) In Somerset.
(d) In Devon.
2. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Foot prints.
(b) Recent hoof prints.
(c) Carriage prints.
(d) Wagon prints.
3. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(b) That he does so because she wants him to.
(c) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
(d) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
4. Which of the characters is suspected of murdering Horatio Welham?
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
5. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(b) That she will be very careful.
(c) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(d) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
2. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
3. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
4. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
5. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)