|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) A local.
2. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
(b) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
(c) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
(d) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
3. What does Lucifer find out when he goes to the church?
(a) Phyllida Tallent is not present.
(b) Phyllida Tallent is rushing out of the church.
(c) Phyllida Tallent is talking to the curate.
(d) Phyllida Tallent is talking to a local.
4. What becomes of the relationship between Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer when Lucifer tells her that she will definitely marry him one day?
(a) Their relationship changes into a marriage.
(b) Their relationship becomes even weaker.
(c) Their relationship starts to break.
(d) Their relationship becomes stronger.
5. What happens to Phyllida Tallent when she goes to meet the person who leaves the note for her?
(a) She is sexually assaulted.
(b) She is beaten.
(c) She is shot at.
(d) She is attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
2. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
3. Who is Devil?
4. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
5. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)