|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lucifer ask to take an inventory of Horatio Welham's books?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Silas Coombe.
2. What explanation does Lucifer give to Phyllida Tallent about him seducing her?
(a) That he does so out of desire to marry her.
(b) That he does so because she wants him to.
(c) That he does so because he wants to get some information out of her.
(d) That he does so because he feels only sexually attracted to her.
3. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
(a) Jocasta Smollet.
(b) Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Lady Fortemain.
(d) Miss Sweetie.
4. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(b) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
(c) That she will be very careful.
(d) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
5. Who is Thompson?
(a) A cook.
(b) A servant.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
2. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
3. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
4. How many times do the attacks take place up until chapter 11 in the novel?
5. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)