|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's cook.
(b) Horatio Welham's gardener.
(c) Horatio Welham's butler.
(d) Horatio Welham's servant.
2. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They fall into a pit.
(b) They go for a picnic into the woods.
(c) They become intimate.
(d) They marry each other.
3. Of all the characters giving alibis, which character's alibi deserves special attention?
(a) Mr. Crabbs.
(b) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Mary Anne.
4. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A wounded Lucifer.
(b) A dip in a pit.
(c) A wounded Phyllida.
(d) A fallen tree.
5. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
(d) Silas Coombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present in the manor when one of the characters visits it in Chapter 12?
2. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
4. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
5. What are Robert and Phyllida Tallent discussing about at the dance party?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)