|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
(a) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she loses Mary Anne's letters.
(b) Trying to tell Mary Anne the importance of Lucifer knowing about the love letters.
(c) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she should ask Robert to give permission about the love letters.
(d) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she (Mary Anne) and Robert should get married.
2. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(b) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(c) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(d) To prevent anyone from coming in.
3. Where exactly is the place where the character is attacked in Chapter 11?
(a) At the grange.
(b) Behind the manor.
(c) Behind the church.
(d) In the garden at the manor.
4. Who is Covey?
(a) Horatio Welham's servant.
(b) Horatio Welham's dresser.
(c) Horatio Welham's gardener.
(d) Horatio Welham's cook.
5. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(a) A local.
(d) Silas Coombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Phyllida Tallent accidentally hurt with a weapon?
2. Who among the following men attended the church service on Sunday?
3. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
4. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
5. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)