|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Phyllida Tallent.
2. Why is Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent not able to catch the prowler?
(a) He tries to harm them and runs away.
(b) He runs away on a horse.
(c) He disguises himself.
(d) He hides inside the manor.
3. What is the main reason Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent travel to the east?
(a) To make sure that no stranger rode in from that direction on the day of the murder.
(b) To take a walk.
(c) To meet some locals.
(d) To go on a picnic.
4. What does the reader come to know about the Colyton Import business?
(a) That it is a legalized smuggling business.
(b) That it is a an illegal business.
(c) That it is a weapons business.
(d) That it is a fishing business.
5. What is Sir Jasper's relation to Phyllida Talent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent see on their way back from the church?
2. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
3. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
4. What does Lucifer find himself doing, whenever possible, in chapters eight and nine?
5. How young is Phyllida Tallent when she loses her mother?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)