|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent helping Covey with at the manor?
(a) To put up all the new locks.
(b) Take inventory of all the tomes.
(c) Search for any tracks left by the murderer.
(d) Organize all of Horatio Welham's books.
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent very angry when Lucifer meets her in the woods?
(a) Because she is shot at.
(b) Because her dress is torn.
(c) Because she does not like Lucifer kissing her.
(d) Because her bonnet is lost.
3. What brings Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent physically closer to each other in chapters six and seven?
(a) A wounded Lucifer.
(b) A wounded Phyllida.
(c) A fallen tree.
(d) A dip in a pit.
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent decide to check on first after the tea is over?
(a) Lady Huddlesford.
(b) Mrs. Flemmings.
(c) Frederick Huddlesford.
(d) Percy Tallent.
5. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
(b) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(c) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(d) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is suspected of murdering Horatio Welham?
2. The novel "All About Love" is set in what year?
3. On the night of the funeral whom does Lucifer see going into the woods?
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
5. Where exactly is the place where the character is attacked in Chapter 11?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)