|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
(a) The locals.
(b) Horatio's gardener.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer conclude after seeing the tracks?
(a) That the killer is someone who lives very far off.
(b) That the killer is someone who has a wagon.
(c) That the killer is someone who came on foot.
(d) That the killer is either a local or someone who came from a place close by.
3. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
(c) Silas Coombe.
4. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
(a) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she loses Mary Anne's letters.
(b) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she should ask Robert to give permission about the love letters.
(c) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she (Mary Anne) and Robert should get married.
(d) Trying to tell Mary Anne the importance of Lucifer knowing about the love letters.
5. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(c) A local.
(d) Sir Jasper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
2. What can readers determine about Phyllida Tallent's and Lucifer's relationship with regards to Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following ladies is seen by Phyllida Tallent, Lucifer and Covey having an affair ?
4. Who is Hemmings?
5. How does Lucifer know that Phyllida Tallent is present at Horatio Welham's house after the murder, even though he is unconscious at Horatio Welham's house?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)