|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Alasdair Cynster(Lucifer).
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) A local.
3. What does Silas Coombe come to the manor for?
(a) To borrow a book.
(b) To buy some books from the collection.
(c) To talk to Lucifer.
(d) To see the collection of books.
4. In the beginning of chapter eight, why is Phyllida Tallent disappointed when Lucifer and she are on their picnic?
(a) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her that long.
(b) Because Lucifer dislikes her behaviour.
(c) Because Lucifer does not want to kiss her at all.
(d) Because Lucifer abruptly breaks off when they are kissing.
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
(a) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Phyllida Tallent confront after getting the hat?
2. What is the shift in Lucifer's idea of marriage?
3. What is the "storm" in chapter eight a representation of?
4. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
5. What is the tactic Lucifer decides to adopt to make Phyllida Tallent tell him the secret?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)