|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among the following men is assumed NOT to be a legitimate heir to an inheritance?
(a) Cedric Fortemain.
2. One of the characters gets shot at. How does this character miss the bullet?
(a) The bullet brushes past this character's clothes.
(b) The bullet hits an animal that suddenly comes in front of the character.
(c) The bullet hits the character's bonnet.
(d) The bullet hits a tree very close to the character.
3. What happens between Lucifer and Phyllida Tallent in Chapter 12?
(a) They fall into a pit.
(b) They become intimate.
(c) They go for a picnic into the woods.
(d) They marry each other.
4. Which character's innocence is doubted time and again?
(a) Silas Coombe's.
(b) Lady Ballyclose's.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's.
5. Which of the characters is suspected of murdering Horatio Welham?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(d) Cedric Fortemain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do you think Lucifer accompanies Phyllida Tallent on her errands?
2. What kind of tracks does Lucifer see at the manor which helps him asses how the killer comes to Horatio Welham's house?
3. When at an office, what impresses Lucifer about Phyllida Tallent?
4. Who throws a ball at Ballyclose Manor?
5. In the beginning of chapter 12, what according to Phyllida Tallent does Lucifer do to her to obtain all information?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)