|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(b) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(c) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
(d) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
2. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
(d) Friend and mentor.
3. Who among the following men is NOT courting Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(c) Cedric Fortemain.
4. Who is Covey?
(a) Horatio Welham's servant.
(b) Horatio Welham's dresser.
(c) Horatio Welham's cook.
(d) Horatio Welham's gardener.
5. Who is Hemmings?
(a) Horatio Welham's cook.
(b) Horatio Welham's butler.
(c) Horatio Welham's gardener.
(d) Horatio Welham's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phyllida Tallent not tell Lucifer everything about the day of the murder?
2. What are Phyllida Tallent's feelings towards Lucifer as seen in chapter two?
3. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
4. Whom does Phyllida Tallent accidentally hurt with a weapon?
5. Who confronts Lucifer with the impression that he ( Lucifer) is the murderer?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)