|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gabriel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent's brother.
(b) Lucifer's cousin.
(c) Phyllida Tallent's cousin.
(d) Lucifer's brother.
2. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
(a) To borrow a book from Horatio Welham's collection.
(b) To leave an item there.
(c) To collect Mary Anne's love letters.
(d) To meet someone.
3. Who is sent to jail as the suspected murderer?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) A local.
4. What is the name of the first character introduced in the novel?
(a) Phyllida Tallent.
(b) Alasdair Cynster(Lucifer).
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Horatio Welham.
5. What is Horatio Welham's relationship to Lucifer?
(b) Friend and mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
2. What is the weapon used to murder one of the characters?
3. Who finds Lucifer lying unconscious next to Horatio Welham's body?
4. Who is the local magistrate?
5. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)