|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Phyllida Tallent not able to return to Horatio Welham's house?
(a) Because Phyllida Tallent is scared to go back.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent falls ill.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is visited by a friend.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent has to spend time with her cousins.
2. Why is Lucifer invited to tea?
(a) To be questioned about a letter.
(b) To be questioned about Horatio Welham's murder.
(c) To be questioned about his background.
(d) To be questioned about his visit to Colyton.
3. Whom is Salis Coombe jealous of?
(a) He is jealous of Horatio Welham's wealth.
(b) He is jealous of Horatio Welham because of his superb collection of books.
(c) He is jealous of Lucifer's good looks.
(d) He is jealous of all the other men courting Phyllida Tallent.
4. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
(a) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she loses Mary Anne's letters.
(b) Trying to tell Mary Anne the importance of Lucifer knowing about the love letters.
(c) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she (Mary Anne) and Robert should get married.
(d) Trying to tell Mary Anne that she should ask Robert to give permission about the love letters.
5. Who refers to Phyllida Tallent as their "treasure"?
(a) Basil's mother.
(b) Silas Coombe's mother.
(c) Cedric Fortemain's mother.
(d) Grisby's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
2. Who takes care of Lucifer?
3. Who is the local magistrate?
4. Who is Thompson?
5. Why is Covey important to Lucifer?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)