|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When at an office, what impresses Lucifer about Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Her business skills.
(b) Her listening skills.
(c) Her speaking skills.
(d) Her logical skills.
2. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
(a) A local on the street.
(b) A local in a wagon.
(c) A man at the post office.
(d) A man at the revenue office.
3. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
(b) Because she asks him not to.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because he is scared of her.
4. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(b) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(c) Because she loves Lucifer.
(d) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
5. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
(a) In one of the rooms at Ballyclose Manor.
(b) Inside the kitchen at Ballyclose Manor.
(c) Outside in the garden at Ballyclose Manor.
(d) Outside Ballyclose Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
2. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
3. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
4. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
5. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)