|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(b) That she will be very careful.
(c) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(d) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
2. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the dining room window.
(b) Through the kitchen window.
(c) Through the basement.
(d) Through the bathroom window.
3. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Lady Fortemain.
(b) Horatio Welham.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Lady Ballyclose.
4. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(d) Sila Coombe.
5. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(b) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
(c) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
(d) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
2. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
3. When at an office, what impresses Lucifer about Phyllida Tallent?
4. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent leave the ballroom with when at Ballyclose manor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)