|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
(c) Because she asks him not to.
(d) Because he is scared of her.
2. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Sir Jasper.
(b) Lady Fortemain.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Horatio Welham.
3. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The groomsman.
(c) The tinker.
(d) The local.
4. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
(a) Why Mary Anne is so worried about her letters causing a scandal.
(b) Why she (Phyllida Tallent) avoids love and marriage.
(c) Why Mary Anne and Robert want to marry each other.
(d) Why she wants to marry Lucifer.
5. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(b) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(c) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(d) To check the house and lock up for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer on the way back to the grange?
2. Who comes to Phyllida Tallent's rescue when she is assaulted?
3. What does Phyllida Tallent feel about her relationship with Lucifer as chapter 10 comes to an end?
4. Where does Mary Anne store her love letters?
5. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)