|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jem?
(a) The new servant at the manor.
(b) The caretaker of the manor.
(c) A groomsman on the grange.
(d) The blacksmith.
2. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
(c) A local.
(d) Silas Coombe.
3. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
(a) That she tells him everything she knows about the murder day.
(b) That he wants to kiss her.
(c) That she should have a male escort.
(d) That she should be very careful when alone.
4. What does Lucifer think the killer is looking for?
(a) A book.
(b) A watch.
(c) A hat.
(d) A letter.
5. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(b) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(c) To keep an eye on the book collection.
(d) To prevent anyone from coming in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
2. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
3. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
4. What is the one thing that Phyllida Tallent realizes from her relationship with Lucifer?
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)