|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Lady Fortemain.
(c) Lady Ballyclose.
(d) Sir Jasper.
2. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will be very careful.
(b) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(c) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(d) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
3. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
(a) A local in a wagon.
(b) A local on the street.
(c) A man at the post office.
(d) A man at the revenue office.
4. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the kitchen window.
(b) Through the dining room window.
(c) Through the bathroom window.
(d) Through the basement.
5. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(b) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(c) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(d) To keep an eye on the book collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
2. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
3. What does the beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate decide to do with the estate?
4. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
5. Who in the party is being watched with a lot of suspicion?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)