|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
(b) Sir Jasper.
(c) Phyllida Tallent.
(d) Lady Huddlesford.
2. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(b) That she will be very careful.
(c) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(d) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
3. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(b) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
(c) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
(d) Because she loves Lucifer.
4. Who sexually assaults Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Silas Coombe.
(d) A local.
5. Why does Lucifer keep quiet when Phyllida Tallent uses herself as the bait to lure the attacker?
(a) Because she asks him not to.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because he is scared of her.
(d) Because she does not want to be overprotected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the new items that Lucifer orders to arrive?
2. Who is Phyllida Tallent's escort when she is visiting the church?
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of Horatio Welham's estate?
4. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
5. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)