|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hat found by one of the characters?
(a) Outside Ballyclose Manor.
(b) Inside the kitchen at Ballyclose Manor.
(c) Outside in the garden at Ballyclose Manor.
(d) In one of the rooms at Ballyclose Manor.
2. Who wants Cedric Fortemain to marry Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Horatio Welham.
(b) Lady Ballyclose.
(c) Sir Jasper.
(d) Lady Fortemain.
3. What are Lucifer's orders to Hemmings and Dodswell when Lucifer is at the manor?
(a) To prevent anyone from coming in.
(b) To keep an eye on anyone leaving or entering the house.
(c) To check the house and lock up for the night.
(d) To keep an eye on the book collection.
4. Why is Jocasta Smollet always hateful of Phyllida Tallent?
(a) Because she loves Cedric Fortemain and can't have him.
(b) Because she loves Lucifer.
(c) Because she is jealous of Phyllida Tallent having many suitors.
(d) Because Phyllida Tallent is the magistrate's daughter.
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
(a) To collect Mary Anne's love letters.
(b) To borrow a book from Horatio Welham's collection.
(c) To meet someone.
(d) To leave an item there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
2. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
3. What new items is Lucifer ordering?
4. What is Lucifer trying to make Phyllida Tallent understand on their way home from the manor?
5. What is Phyllida Tallent doing at the party in Chapter four?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)