|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the intruder get inside the manor?
(a) Through the kitchen window.
(b) Through the dining room window.
(c) Through the bathroom window.
(d) Through the basement.
2. What is the promise Phyllida Tallent makes to Lucifer?
(a) That she will be very careful.
(b) That she will not talk to any strangers.
(c) That she will always have Lucifer with her wherever she goes.
(d) That she will not come into the woods without Lucifer.
3. Who among the following characters is wearing the hat that Phyllida Tallent has seen at the murder spot?
(a) The groomsman.
(b) The local.
(c) The tinker.
(d) The blacksmith.
4. To whom does Mary Anne write the love letters?
(b) Sila Coombe.
5. Whom does Phyllida Tallent talk to when she and Lucifer are out traveling north?
(a) A man at the post office.
(b) A local in a wagon.
(c) A man at the revenue office.
(d) A local on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a funeral dinner at the Grange?
2. What do Phyllida Tallent and Lucifer learn after they confront the character with the hat?
3. Who throws an impromptu party at the grange?
4. Why does Lucifer trap Phyllida Tallent between him and the shrubbery?
5. Why is Phyllida Tallent present at Horatio Welham's manor on the day of the murder?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)