• Lucifer visits Horatio Welham at Colyton.
• Lucifer has no interest in love and marriage.
• Horatio Welham is murdered.
• When Lucifer is present at Horatio Welham's place, he is accidentally knocked out by Phyllida Tallent.
• Phyllida Tallent is magistrate's daughter.
• Phyllida Tallent is present at the murder spot looking for love letters.
• After making sure that Lucifer is alive, Phyllida Tallent leaves the place.
• Lucifer lies unconscious next to the dead body.
• Phyllida Tallent sees a hat at the murder spot.
• Locals take Lucifer to jail.
• Phyllida Tallent convinces Sir Jasper, her father, that Lucifer is not the killer.
• Lucifer is back to his house and nursed back to health by Phyllida Tallent and the town ladies.
• Lucifer is invited to tea at Phyllida Tallent's place.
• Lucifer knows that Phyllida Tallent is present at the murder spot.
• Lucifer rules himself out as a suspect.
• Lucifer and Phyllida...
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)