Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Lucifer visits Horatio Welham at Colyton.
* Lucifer has no interest in love and marriage.
* Horatio Welham is murdered.
* When Lucifer is present at Horatio Welham's place, he is accidentally knocked out by Phyllida Tallent.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Phyllida Tallent is magistrate's daughter.
* Phyllida Tallent is present at the murder spot looking for love letters.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)