* Lucifer visits Horatio Welham at Colyton.
* Lucifer has no interest in love and marriage.
* Horatio Welham is murdered.
* When Lucifer is present at Horatio Welham's place, he is accidentally knocked out by Phyllida Tallent.
* Phyllida Tallent is magistrate's daughter.
* Phyllida Tallent is present at the murder spot looking for love letters.
* After making sure that Lucifer is alive, Phyllida Tallent leaves the place.
* Lucifer lies unconscious next to the dead body.
* Phyllida Tallent sees a hat at the murder spot.
* Locals take Lucifer to jail.
* Phyllida Tallent convinces Sir Jasper, her father, that Lucifer is not the killer.
* Lucifer is back to his house and nursed back to health by Phyllida Tallent and the town ladies.
* Lucifer is invited to tea at Phyllida Tallent's place.
* Lucifer knows that Phyllida Tallent is present at the murder spot.
* Lucifer rules himself out as a suspect.
* Lucifer and Phyllida...
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)