|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
2. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
3. On whom does Parrado focus?
4. How do the men go to bed feeling?
5. What had geophysicists created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on December 23rd?
2. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
3. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
4. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
5. What takes place on December 12th?
6. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
7. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
8. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
9. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
10. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion and faith are important to many of the survivors.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does their faith change throughout the events in this book?
Part 3) How might their faith be today? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The travelers on the Fairchild are from Uruguay.
Part 1) Describe Uruguay's history. How does this history affect these travelers?
Part 2) How does this country play a role in the outcome of this tragedy?
Part 3) How might the United States' response have been, compared to the Uruguayans? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)