|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
2. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
3. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
4. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
5. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
2. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
3. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
4. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
5. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
6. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
7. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
8. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
9. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
10. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The travelers on the Fairchild are from Uruguay.
Part 1) Describe Uruguay's history. How does this history affect these travelers?
Part 2) How does this country play a role in the outcome of this tragedy?
Part 3) How might the United States' response have been, compared to the Uruguayans? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
Essay Topic 3
The survivors attempt several courses of action to stay alive.
Part 1) What are two of these courses of action? How do they decide which courses of action to take?
Part 2) What do these courses of action reveal about the survivors?
Part 3) What do these attempts at survival reveal about mankind?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)