|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
2. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
3. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
4. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
5. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
2. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
3. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
4. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
5. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
6. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
7. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
8. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
9. What searches take place the next morning?
10. What takes place on December 23rd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Fairchild is found.
Part 1) How is the Fairchild found? Could it have been found without the aid of the two hikers? Explain.
Part 2) What might have been the reactions of both the survivors and the families? Explain.
Part 3) How would you feel if you had been a survivor or family member? What might be your reaction?
Essay Topic 2
The survivors were not evacuated immediately.
Part 1) Why were they not evacuated immediately?
Part 2) How might they have felt about this?
Part 3) How might the rescue crew have felt when approaching the survivors? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Bittersweet feelings sweep over the parents when the survivors' name are read.
Part 1) Why are the feelings bittersweet?
Part 2) What are your thoughts about the reactions of the family members? Are you at all surprised? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would you feel and react as the family member of one of the passengers who had not survived? How would you interact with the other family members and survivors? Why would you act this way?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)