|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the survivors go about their daily chores?
2. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
3. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
4. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
5. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The families do not give up hope.
Part 1) How do they show that they do not give up hope?
Part 2) What keeps them from giving up hope?
Part 3) Would you be as strong and hopeful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Fairchild is found.
Part 1) How is the Fairchild found? Could it have been found without the aid of the two hikers? Explain.
Part 2) What might have been the reactions of both the survivors and the families? Explain.
Part 3) How would you feel if you had been a survivor or family member? What might be your reaction?
Essay Topic 3
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)