|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
2. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
3. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
4. How do the men go to bed feeling?
5. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
2. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
3. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
4. What takes place on December 23rd?
5. What takes place on December 12th?
6. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
7. It is surprising to the survivors?
8. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
9. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
10. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors were not evacuated immediately.
Part 1) Why were they not evacuated immediately?
Part 2) How might they have felt about this?
Part 3) How might the rescue crew have felt when approaching the survivors? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Fairchild crashes in the Andes.
Part 1) Why does it crash in the Andes? How is this crash foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) Could this type of accident occur today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this crash change the passengers' lives forever?
Part 4) How would your life be changed, if you had been a survivor?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)