|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
2. What do the parents hear on Ponce de Leon's radio?
3. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
4. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
5. Where is a cross discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
2. What takes place on December 23rd?
3. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
4. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
5. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
6. What searches take place the next morning?
7. How do the men cross the river?
8. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
9. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
10. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Fairchild is found.
Part 1) How is the Fairchild found? Could it have been found without the aid of the two hikers? Explain.
Part 2) What might have been the reactions of both the survivors and the families? Explain.
Part 3) How would you feel if you had been a survivor or family member? What might be your reaction?
Essay Topic 2
The survivors attempt several courses of action to stay alive.
Part 1) What are two of these courses of action? How do they decide which courses of action to take?
Part 2) What do these courses of action reveal about the survivors?
Part 3) What do these attempts at survival reveal about mankind?
Essay Topic 3
The Fairchild crashes in the Andes.
Part 1) Why does it crash in the Andes? How is this crash foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) Could this type of accident occur today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this crash change the passengers' lives forever?
Part 4) How would your life be changed, if you had been a survivor?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)