|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
2. What else do these women still believe?
3. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
4. What do the men do in Santiago?
5. From what does Echavarren suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
2. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
3. Who is Rafael Ponce de Leon?
4. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
5. What takes place on December 11th?
6. What complicated the search?
7. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
8. How is the expedition?
9. Describe Day Ten.
10. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It was not easy for the survivors to slip back into their normal lives.
Part 1) Why might this be difficult? What were their various reactions to returning to normal life?
Part 2) Could one who experiences such trauma ever truly return to a previous lifestyle? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is there any way the survivors can benefit from this experience? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The families do not give up hope.
Part 1) How do they show that they do not give up hope?
Part 2) What keeps them from giving up hope?
Part 3) Would you be as strong and hopeful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Fairchild crashes in the Andes.
Part 1) Why does it crash in the Andes? How is this crash foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) Could this type of accident occur today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this crash change the passengers' lives forever?
Part 4) How would your life be changed, if you had been a survivor?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)