|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
2. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
3. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
4. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
5. Why do tensions rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the parents do on December 5th?
2. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
3. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
4. How does the ninth day begin?
5. How is the expedition?
6. What are the results of the avalanche?
7. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
8. Who saved many from the avalanche?
9. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
10. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
It was not easy for the survivors to slip back into their normal lives.
Part 1) Why might this be difficult? What were their various reactions to returning to normal life?
Part 2) Could one who experiences such trauma ever truly return to a previous lifestyle? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is there any way the survivors can benefit from this experience? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)