|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
2. When does section three open?
3. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
4. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
5. Who comforts Marcelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
2. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
3. Who saved many from the avalanche?
4. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
5. Describe Day Ten.
6. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
7. How is the expedition?
8. What do the parents do on December 5th?
9. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
10. Describe the crash.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both the SAR and family members search for the Fairchild and its passengers.
Part 1) Describe the various searches. How does the history of Uruguay affect these searches?
Part 2) What is unusual about some of the tactics used by the families? Would these sources of information be trusted in the United States? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does the author convey the feelings of disappointment, joy, and suspense felt by these people?
Essay Topic 2
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The final trek is successful.
Part 1) Describe this trek. Why is it successful?
Part 2) What would have been the survivors' outcome if the trek had not been successful? How do you know this?
Part 3) Would the survivors have given up, if the trek had not been successful? Explain.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)