|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
2. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
3. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
4. On what does the search focus?
5. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
2. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
3. What complicated the search?
4. What are the results of the avalanche?
5. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
6. Describe Day Ten.
7. How is the expedition?
8. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twenty-nine of the forty-five passengers and crew did not survive.
Part 1) What is the main cause for most of their deaths?
Part 2) Could many of these deaths have been avoided, other than by not crashing? Explain.
Part 3) How might the dead feel about the ways their bodies had been used? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The survivors unanimously decided to eat the bodies of the dead.
Part 1) Why do they make this decision? What role does their faith play in this decision?
Part 2) How does this cannibalism affect outsiders? Why?
Part 3) How do you fell about this cannibalism? Why? Would you have done the same thing, if you were in this situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The families do not give up hope.
Part 1) How do they show that they do not give up hope?
Part 2) What keeps them from giving up hope?
Part 3) Would you be as strong and hopeful? Why or why not?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)