|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
2. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
3. Who are the two major political parties?
4. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
5. What else do these women still believe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Day Ten.
2. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
4. Describe the crash.
5. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
6. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
7. Who saved many from the avalanche?
8. What do the parents do on December 5th?
9. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
10. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eight survivors are flown away first.
Part 1) Why are only eight flown away first? How are they chosen?
Part 2) Should the eight have been chosen this way? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might this have affected the others? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The final trek is successful.
Part 1) Describe this trek. Why is it successful?
Part 2) What would have been the survivors' outcome if the trek had not been successful? How do you know this?
Part 3) Would the survivors have given up, if the trek had not been successful? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Both the SAR and family members search for the Fairchild and its passengers.
Part 1) Describe the various searches. How does the history of Uruguay affect these searches?
Part 2) What is unusual about some of the tactics used by the families? Would these sources of information be trusted in the United States? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does the author convey the feelings of disappointment, joy, and suspense felt by these people?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)