Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
4. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
5. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crash.
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. How is the expedition?
4. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
5. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
6. How do the men cross the river?
7. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
8. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
Essay Topic 1
The families do not give up hope.
Part 1) How do they show that they do not give up hope?
Part 2) What keeps them from giving up hope?
Part 3) Would you be as strong and hopeful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bittersweet feelings sweep over the parents when the survivors' name are read.
Part 1) Why are the feelings bittersweet?
Part 2) What are your thoughts about the reactions of the family members? Are you at all surprised? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would you feel and react as the family member of one of the passengers who had not survived? How would you interact with the other family members and survivors? Why would you act this way?
Essay Topic 3
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)