Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
4. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
5. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crash.
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. How is the expedition?
4. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
5. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
6. How do the men cross the river?
7. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
8. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
Essay Topic 1
Both the SAR and family members search for the Fairchild and its passengers.
Part 1) Describe the various searches. How does the history of Uruguay affect these searches?
Part 2) What is unusual about some of the tactics used by the families? Would these sources of information be trusted in the United States? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does the author convey the feelings of disappointment, joy, and suspense felt by these people?
Essay Topic 2
Several expeditions take place.
Part 1) Describe two of these expeditions. Were they successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do these expeditions reveal about the survivors? Why?
Part 3) What are your thoughts about these expeditions? Would you be able to endure these difficult treks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The final trek is successful.
Part 1) Describe this trek. Why is it successful?
Part 2) What would have been the survivors' outcome if the trek had not been successful? How do you know this?
Part 3) Would the survivors have given up, if the trek had not been successful? Explain.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)