|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
2. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
3. On what does the search focus?
4. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
5. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
2. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
3. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
4. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
5. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
6. Who saved many from the avalanche?
7. What do the parents do on December 5th?
8. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
9. What are the results of the avalanche?
10. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors endured great hardships.
Part 1) Describe two of these hardships.
Part 2) How were the survivors affected by these hardships? Why?
Part 3) How were the survivors changed permanently by these hardships? Are you surprised by any of these changes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Both the SAR and family members search for the Fairchild and its passengers.
Part 1) Describe the various searches. How does the history of Uruguay affect these searches?
Part 2) What is unusual about some of the tactics used by the families? Would these sources of information be trusted in the United States? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does the author convey the feelings of disappointment, joy, and suspense felt by these people?
Essay Topic 3
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)