|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spurred on the expedition team so they could make it back to the Fairchild?
2. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
3. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
4. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
5. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
2. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
3. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
4. Describe the crash.
5. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
6. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
7. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
8. What do the parents do on December 5th?
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It was not easy for the survivors to slip back into their normal lives.
Part 1) Why might this be difficult? What were their various reactions to returning to normal life?
Part 2) Could one who experiences such trauma ever truly return to a previous lifestyle? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is there any way the survivors can benefit from this experience? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The survivors were not evacuated immediately.
Part 1) Why were they not evacuated immediately?
Part 2) How might they have felt about this?
Part 3) How might the rescue crew have felt when approaching the survivors? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Fairchild crashes in the Andes.
Part 1) Why does it crash in the Andes? How is this crash foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) Could this type of accident occur today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this crash change the passengers' lives forever?
Part 4) How would your life be changed, if you had been a survivor?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)