|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
2. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
3. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
4. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
5. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
2. What takes place on December 11th?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
4. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
5. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
6. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
7. Describe the crash.
8. How does the ninth day begin?
9. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
10. Who saved many from the avalanche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The families suffer several disappointments.
Part 1) Describe two of these disappointments. How are they affected by these disappointments?
Part 2) If this accident had occurred in the United States, would these disappointments still have occurred? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these disappointments make the successful outcome more bittersweet?
Essay Topic 3
Several expeditions take place.
Part 1) Describe two of these expeditions. Were they successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do these expeditions reveal about the survivors? Why?
Part 3) What are your thoughts about these expeditions? Would you be able to endure these difficult treks? Why or why not?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)