|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
2. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
3. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
4. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
5. When does summer begin in the Andes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
2. Describe Day Ten.
3. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
4. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
5. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
6. What complicated the search?
7. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
8. What are the results of the avalanche?
9. How does the ninth day begin?
10. Who is Rafael Ponce de Leon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Fairchild crashes in the Andes.
Part 1) Why does it crash in the Andes? How is this crash foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) Could this type of accident occur today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this crash change the passengers' lives forever?
Part 4) How would your life be changed, if you had been a survivor?
Essay Topic 2
Several expeditions take place.
Part 1) Describe two of these expeditions. Were they successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do these expeditions reveal about the survivors? Why?
Part 3) What are your thoughts about these expeditions? Would you be able to endure these difficult treks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Religion and faith are important to many of the survivors.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does their faith change throughout the events in this book?
Part 3) How might their faith be today? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)