|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on December 11th?
2. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
3. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
4. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
5. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Day Ten.
2. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
3. Who saved many from the avalanche?
4. How does the ninth day begin?
5. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
6. What do the parents do on December 5th?
7. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
8. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
9. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
10. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors were not evacuated immediately.
Part 1) Why were they not evacuated immediately?
Part 2) How might they have felt about this?
Part 3) How might the rescue crew have felt when approaching the survivors? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
Essay Topic 3
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)