|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
2. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
3. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
4. Did the pilots have experience flying over the Andes mountains?
5. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
2. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
3. Describe Day Ten.
4. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
5. What are the results of the avalanche?
6. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
7. What do the parents do on December 5th?
8. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
9. What complicated the search?
10. What takes place on December 11th?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
Essay Topic 2
The survivors attempt several courses of action to stay alive.
Part 1) What are two of these courses of action? How do they decide which courses of action to take?
Part 2) What do these courses of action reveal about the survivors?
Part 3) What do these attempts at survival reveal about mankind?
Essay Topic 3
The survivors endured great hardships.
Part 1) Describe two of these hardships.
Part 2) How were the survivors affected by these hardships? Why?
Part 3) How were the survivors changed permanently by these hardships? Are you surprised by any of these changes? Why or why not?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)