|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
2. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
3. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
4. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
5. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
2. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
3. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
4. What do the parents do on December 5th?
5. What complicated the search?
6. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
7. How does the ninth day begin?
8. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
9. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
10. What takes place on December 11th?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion and faith are important to many of the survivors.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does their faith change throughout the events in this book?
Part 3) How might their faith be today? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The survivors were not evacuated immediately.
Part 1) Why were they not evacuated immediately?
Part 2) How might they have felt about this?
Part 3) How might the rescue crew have felt when approaching the survivors? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)