|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is among the last to be found?
2. How is the search expanded?
3. What does this man say to the family members?
4. How does Paez Vilar become known?
5. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
4. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
5. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
6. How do those listening to Delgado's speech react?
7. What false hope do the survivors experience?
8. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
9. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
10. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors endured great hardships.
Part 1) Describe two of these hardships.
Part 2) How were the survivors affected by these hardships? Why?
Part 3) How were the survivors changed permanently by these hardships? Are you surprised by any of these changes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The survivors were not evacuated immediately.
Part 1) Why were they not evacuated immediately?
Part 2) How might they have felt about this?
Part 3) How might the rescue crew have felt when approaching the survivors? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
On December 23 the survivors were all reunited with their families.
Part 1) Describe what this day must have been like.
Part 2) Why is this recovery at this time significant?
Part 3) How might the significance of this time of year affect their faith and belief in God?
This section contains 1,936 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)