|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
2. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
3. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
4. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
5. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
2. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
3. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
4. How is the expedition?
5. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
6. How does the ninth day begin?
7. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
8. What are the results of the avalanche?
9. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
10. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On December 23 the survivors were all reunited with their families.
Part 1) Describe what this day must have been like.
Part 2) Why is this recovery at this time significant?
Part 3) How might the significance of this time of year affect their faith and belief in God?
Essay Topic 2
Bittersweet feelings sweep over the parents when the survivors' name are read.
Part 1) Why are the feelings bittersweet?
Part 2) What are your thoughts about the reactions of the family members? Are you at all surprised? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would you feel and react as the family member of one of the passengers who had not survived? How would you interact with the other family members and survivors? Why would you act this way?
Essay Topic 3
The final trek is successful.
Part 1) Describe this trek. Why is it successful?
Part 2) What would have been the survivors' outcome if the trek had not been successful? How do you know this?
Part 3) Would the survivors have given up, if the trek had not been successful? Explain.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)