|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
2. What does this man say to the family members?
3. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
4. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
5. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
2. Describe the crash.
3. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
4. Describe Day Ten.
5. How is the expedition?
6. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
7. How does the ninth day begin?
8. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
9. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
10. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twenty-nine of the forty-five passengers and crew did not survive.
Part 1) What is the main cause for most of their deaths?
Part 2) Could many of these deaths have been avoided, other than by not crashing? Explain.
Part 3) How might the dead feel about the ways their bodies had been used? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The families suffer several disappointments.
Part 1) Describe two of these disappointments. How are they affected by these disappointments?
Part 2) If this accident had occurred in the United States, would these disappointments still have occurred? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do these disappointments make the successful outcome more bittersweet?
Essay Topic 3
The Fairchild is found.
Part 1) How is the Fairchild found? Could it have been found without the aid of the two hikers? Explain.
Part 2) What might have been the reactions of both the survivors and the families? Explain.
Part 3) How would you feel if you had been a survivor or family member? What might be your reaction?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)