Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
4. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
5. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crash.
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. How is the expedition?
4. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
5. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
6. How do the men cross the river?
7. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
8. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
Essay Topic 1
The survivors attempt several courses of action to stay alive.
Part 1) What are two of these courses of action? How do they decide which courses of action to take?
Part 2) What do these courses of action reveal about the survivors?
Part 3) What do these attempts at survival reveal about mankind?
Essay Topic 2
Several expeditions take place.
Part 1) Describe two of these expeditions. Were they successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do these expeditions reveal about the survivors? Why?
Part 3) What are your thoughts about these expeditions? Would you be able to endure these difficult treks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Eight survivors are flown away first.
Part 1) Why are only eight flown away first? How are they chosen?
Part 2) Should the eight have been chosen this way? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might this have affected the others? Why?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)