|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
2. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
3. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
4. What does Vizintin discover?
5. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the expedition?
2. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
3. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
4. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
5. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
6. Who is Rafael Ponce de Leon?
7. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
8. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
9. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
10. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors unanimously decided to eat the bodies of the dead.
Part 1) Why do they make this decision? What role does their faith play in this decision?
Part 2) How does this cannibalism affect outsiders? Why?
Part 3) How do you fell about this cannibalism? Why? Would you have done the same thing, if you were in this situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The final trek is successful.
Part 1) Describe this trek. Why is it successful?
Part 2) What would have been the survivors' outcome if the trek had not been successful? How do you know this?
Part 3) Would the survivors have given up, if the trek had not been successful? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The survivors endured great hardships.
Part 1) Describe two of these hardships.
Part 2) How were the survivors affected by these hardships? Why?
Part 3) How were the survivors changed permanently by these hardships? Are you surprised by any of these changes? Why or why not?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)