|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
2. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
3. Who are the two major political parties?
4. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
5. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ninth day begin?
2. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
3. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
4. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
5. Describe Day Ten.
6. What complicated the search?
7. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
8. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
9. Who saved many from the avalanche?
10. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bittersweet feelings sweep over the parents when the survivors' name are read.
Part 1) Why are the feelings bittersweet?
Part 2) What are your thoughts about the reactions of the family members? Are you at all surprised? Why or why not?
Part 3) How would you feel and react as the family member of one of the passengers who had not survived? How would you interact with the other family members and survivors? Why would you act this way?
Essay Topic 2
On December 23 the survivors were all reunited with their families.
Part 1) Describe what this day must have been like.
Part 2) Why is this recovery at this time significant?
Part 3) How might the significance of this time of year affect their faith and belief in God?
Essay Topic 3
The Fairchild crashes in the Andes.
Part 1) Why does it crash in the Andes? How is this crash foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) Could this type of accident occur today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this crash change the passengers' lives forever?
Part 4) How would your life be changed, if you had been a survivor?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)