|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
2. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
3. How does Paez Vilar become known?
4. What is the only way to improve visibility?
5. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
2. What do the parents do on December 5th?
3. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
4. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
5. What takes place on December 11th?
6. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
7. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
8. Describe Day Ten.
9. How is the expedition?
10. What complicated the search?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The survivors unanimously decided to eat the bodies of the dead.
Part 1) Why do they make this decision? What role does their faith play in this decision?
Part 2) How does this cannibalism affect outsiders? Why?
Part 3) How do you fell about this cannibalism? Why? Would you have done the same thing, if you were in this situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Several expeditions take place.
Part 1) Describe two of these expeditions. Were they successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do these expeditions reveal about the survivors? Why?
Part 3) What are your thoughts about these expeditions? Would you be able to endure these difficult treks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
One of the most important jobs belonged to Father Andres Rojas.
Part 1) What was his job? Why is it important?
Part 2) How might his help have affected the boys for the rest of their lives?
Part 3) What other people could help in a similar way? Explain.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)