|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Chilean military police called?
2. Who found himself covered in snow?
3. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
4. Who are the two major political parties?
5. Who is among the last to be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
2. How do those listening to Delgado's speech react?
3. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
4. How is the expedition?
5. What searches take place the next morning?
6. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
7. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
8. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
9. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
10. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
Essay Topic 1
The survivors attempt several courses of action to stay alive.
Part 1) What are two of these courses of action? How do they decide which courses of action to take?
Part 2) What do these courses of action reveal about the survivors?
Part 3) What do these attempts at survival reveal about mankind?
Essay Topic 2
The final trek is successful.
Part 1) Describe this trek. Why is it successful?
Part 2) What would have been the survivors' outcome if the trek had not been successful? How do you know this?
Part 3) Would the survivors have given up, if the trek had not been successful? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The survivors left behind when the first eight were evacuated talked and ate with the Andinists.
Part 1) What did they share with each other?
Part 2) Why did they share this information? What might have been the reaction of the Andinists to their stories? Why?
Part 3) How does this reaction lead to future events?
This section contains 1,885 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)