|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
(a) It makes it easier to breathe.
(b) It wears on their bodies and exhausts them.
(c) It ends their hike.
(d) It forces them to turn around.
2. What is one of the men's concerns?
(a) The hikers will not be found.
(b) The survivors will not last the night.
(c) The rescue crew will not be able to find them.
(d) Another avalanche.
3. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(b) A few stories.
(c) Of his adventures in the mountain.
(d) One story about his adventures.
4. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The C-47's delay.
(b) The destruction of the C-47.
(c) A cancellation of the search.
(d) Sickness in the rescue workers.
5. What had geophysicists created?
(a) A cross as part of a geology experiment.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A substation.
(d) An avalanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
2. What is special about Wednesday, December 20th?
3. To what do the family members need to adjust?
4. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
5. What does the next morning bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
2. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
3. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
4. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
5. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
6. What takes place on December 12th?
7. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
8. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
9. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
10. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)