|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
2. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 12,500 feet.
(b) 13,500 feet.
(c) 10,500 feet.
(d) 11,500 feet.
3. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They worry about the survivors.
(b) They feel upset for the parents.
(c) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(d) They had both flown the Fairchild.
4. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
(a) They would be rescued that day.
(b) They will be rescued next week.
(c) They will be rescued during the night.
(d) They will not be rescued for a few days.
5. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) A rescue helicopter.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A bear.
(d) Another avalanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
2. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
3. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
4. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
5. The families oscillated between what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
2. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
3. It is surprising to the survivors?
4. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
5. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
6. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
7. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
8. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
9. How do the men cross the river?
10. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)