|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Return to the Fairchild.
(b) Watch the plane fly away.
(c) Play games in the snow.
(d) Complain that they were not taken away.
2. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) The Andinists.
(b) The doctors.
(c) Each other.
(d) Their families.
3. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) A rescue helicopter.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A bear.
(d) Another avalanche.
4. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
(a) It is wind blown and lacking in humidity.
(b) There is too much humidity.
(c) The air is too thin for snow.
(d) It is too high to snow.
5. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To anger the other survivors.
(b) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
(c) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
(d) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
2. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
3. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
4. The families oscillated between what?
5. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
2. It is surprising to the survivors?
3. What takes place on December 12th?
4. What searches take place the next morning?
5. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
6. What takes place on December 23rd?
7. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
8. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
9. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
10. What false hope do the survivors experience?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)