|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the next morning bring?
(a) A fog bank.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) An avalanche.
2. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) There is no news about his son.
(b) His son is one of the survivors.
(c) He will not see his son for several weeks.
(d) His son has not survived.
3. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
4. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
(b) Human footprints.
(c) The plane.
5. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The C-47's delay.
(b) The destruction of the C-47.
(c) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(d) A cancellation of the search.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
2. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
3. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
4. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
5. How do the men go to bed feeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. It is surprising to the survivors?
2. What takes place on December 12th?
3. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
4. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
5. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
6. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
7. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
8. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
9. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
10. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)