|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
(a) A two day ride.
(b) A one day ride.
(c) A fifteen minute walk.
(d) A one hour drive.
2. How do the survivors go about their daily chores?
(a) With a sense of pessimism.
(b) With a sense of contentment.
(c) With dread.
(d) With excitement.
3. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They look for other signs of life.
(c) They hug.
(d) They give thanks to God and rest.
4. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
5. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(b) The location of the Fairchild.
(c) Gifts for the survivors.
(d) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
2. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
3. Whose body is placed on reserve?
4. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
5. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What false hope do the survivors experience?
2. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
3. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
4. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
5. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
6. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
7. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
8. What takes place on December 12th?
9. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
10. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)