|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They look for other signs of life.
(c) They give thanks to God and rest.
(d) They hug.
2. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) Each other.
(b) The Andinists.
(c) Their families.
(d) The doctors.
3. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That the men's characters have changed.
(b) That the men are depressed.
(c) That so many died.
(d) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
4. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
(b) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(c) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
(d) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
5. Where do the hikers take shelter?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In an animal corral.
(d) In an abandoned house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes across the two hikers?
2. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
3. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
4. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
5. What do the men begin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
2. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
3. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
4. What false hope do the survivors experience?
5. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
6. It is surprising to the survivors?
7. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
8. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
9. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
10. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)