|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had geophysicists created?
(a) A substation.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A cross as part of a geology experiment.
2. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(b) The destruction of the C-47.
(c) A cancellation of the search.
(d) The C-47's delay.
3. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) An area near Santiago.
(b) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(c) The area around Quito.
(d) The area around the volcano and lake.
4. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
(b) A cross has been found.
(c) The search has begun again.
(d) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
5. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Having faith and having shaky faith.
(b) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
(c) Holding onto hope and giving up.
(d) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the miner's story confirm?
2. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
3. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
4. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
5. How are the carabineers prepared to retrieve survivors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
2. What takes place on December 12th?
3. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
4. What takes place on December 23rd?
5. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
6. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
7. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
8. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
9. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
10. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)