|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) One o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
2. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
(b) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
(c) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(d) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
3. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
(a) They want to start burying the bodies.
(b) They want to find all of the bodies.
(c) They miss their friends.
(d) Their meat source is getting low.
4. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are heading home.
(b) They are meeting with the colonel.
(c) They are busy searching.
(d) They are waiting to hear for news.
5. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Complain that they were not taken away.
(b) Return to the Fairchild.
(c) Watch the plane fly away.
(d) Play games in the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems too good to be true?
2. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
3. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
4. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
5. How is the snow under their feet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
2. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
3. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
4. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
5. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
6. What searches take place the next morning?
7. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
8. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
9. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
10. It is surprising to the survivors?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)