|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
(a) Because he has lost his ticket.
(b) Because he does not have a passport.
(c) Because of the puppy.
(d) Because they found the plane.
2. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 22nd.
(b) December 21st.
(c) December 23rd.
(d) December 20th.
3. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
(b) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(c) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
(d) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
4. What had geophysicists created?
(a) A substation.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A cross as part of a geology experiment.
(d) An earthquake.
5. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
(a) They feel someone should see what their lives have been like.
(b) They are worried about the Andinists.
(c) They feel someone should stay with them.
(d) They are worried the Andinists will leave them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close is it to Christmas?
2. To where do the families turn their focus?
3. How do the men go to bed feeling?
4. To what do the family members need to adjust?
5. What does the miner's story confirm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on December 23rd?
2. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
3. What takes place on December 12th?
4. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
5. How do the men cross the river?
6. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
7. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
8. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
9. What false hope do the survivors experience?
10. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)