|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
(a) It wears on their bodies and exhausts them.
(b) It forces them to turn around.
(c) It makes it easier to breathe.
(d) It ends their hike.
2. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
3. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
4. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 20th.
(b) December 22nd.
(c) December 21st.
(d) December 23rd.
5. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He prays to his patron saint.
(b) He thinks about his mother.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He thinks about his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the snow under their feet?
2. What arrives on December 12th?
3. Why are this many people rescued first?
4. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
5. Who takes the lead on the expedition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
2. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
3. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
4. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
5. What searches take place the next morning?
6. It is surprising to the survivors?
7. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
8. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
9. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
10. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)