|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
(a) Send a patrol to the area where the footprints were reported.
(b) Contact other neighboring countries for support.
(c) Find the plane.
(d) End the search.
2. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
(b) A cross has been found.
(c) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
(d) The search has begun again.
3. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
4. Who is the first man, an Andinist, who arrives?
(a) Eduardo Sanchez.
(b) Juan Rodriguez.
(c) Armando Saldo.
(d) Sergio Diaz.
5. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) A river.
(c) A bear.
(d) a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
2. What do the men begin to do?
3. On whom does Parrado focus?
4. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
5. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
2. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
3. What searches take place the next morning?
4. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
5. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
6. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
7. What false hope do the survivors experience?
8. What takes place on December 23rd?
9. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
10. What takes place on December 12th?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)