|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is destroyed.
(b) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
(c) The plane is in a lake.
(d) The plane is near Santiago.
2. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) Many hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Just a few hours.
3. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
(a) Find the plane.
(b) Contact other neighboring countries for support.
(c) Send a patrol to the area where the footprints were reported.
(d) End the search.
4. What do the men begin to do?
(a) Prepare to leave the plane.
(b) Complain that they will not be found.
(c) Plan another trek out of the Andes.
(d) Celebrate their salvation.
5. What is special about Wednesday, December 20th?
(a) It is a turning point for the survivors.
(b) It is the day the families find out about the location of the Fairchild.
(c) It is the day the survivors give up.
(d) It is the day the survivors are saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
2. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
3. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
4. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
5. Where are the survivors brought?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men cross the river?
2. What searches take place the next morning?
3. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
4. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
5. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
6. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
7. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
8. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
9. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
10. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)