|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
(a) They give all the details.
(b) They give no real answers.
(c) They omit a few details.
(d) They omit nothing.
2. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
(a) A fifteen minute walk.
(b) A one hour drive.
(c) A one day ride.
(d) A two day ride.
3. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) Their men.
(b) Their plane.
(c) The geophysicists' cross.
(d) Their cross made of luggage.
4. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the lightning.
(b) Because of wind patterns.
(c) Because of the ice.
(d) Because of the snow storms.
5. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
(a) They will be rescued during the night.
(b) They would be rescued that day.
(c) They will not be rescued for a few days.
(d) They will be rescued next week.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do the families turn their focus?
2. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
3. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
4. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
5. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)