|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
2. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just one hour.
(b) Just five minutes.
(c) Just two hours.
(d) Just fifteen minutes.
3. How do the survivors go about their daily chores?
(a) With a sense of pessimism.
(b) With a sense of contentment.
(c) With excitement.
(d) With dread.
4. What do the parents hear on Ponce de Leon's radio?
(a) A snippet of conversation about a new search beginning.
(b) A snippet of conversation about a plane being found.
(c) A snippet of conversation about hikers being found.
(d) A snippet of conversation about a cross being found.
5. What is special about Wednesday, December 20th?
(a) It is a turning point for the survivors.
(b) It is the day the survivors give up.
(c) It is the day the survivors are saved.
(d) It is the day the families find out about the location of the Fairchild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
2. To where do the families turn their focus?
3. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
4. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
5. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
2. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
3. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
4. What false hope do the survivors experience?
5. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
6. What takes place on December 23rd?
7. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
8. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
9. How do the men cross the river?
10. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)