|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He prays to God.
(c) He thinks about his father.
(d) He prays to his patron saint.
2. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To contact the president of Uruguay.
(b) To contact the survivors.
(c) To find the hikers.
(d) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
3. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) An area near Santiago.
(b) The area around Quito.
(c) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(d) The area around the volcano and lake.
4. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(b) Sounds of planes.
5. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
(a) They are worried the Andinists will leave them.
(b) They feel someone should stay with them.
(c) They are worried about the Andinists.
(d) They feel someone should see what their lives have been like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
2. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
3. Where are the survivors brought?
4. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
5. How close is it to Christmas?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)