|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(c) Sounds of planes.
2. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are meeting with the colonel.
(b) They are waiting to hear for news.
(c) They are busy searching.
(d) They are heading home.
3. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 22nd.
(b) December 21st.
(c) December 23rd.
(d) December 20th.
4. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(b) The C-47's delay.
(c) A cancellation of the search.
(d) The destruction of the C-47.
5. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They look for other signs of life.
(c) They hug.
(d) They give thanks to God and rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
2. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
3. What seems too good to be true?
4. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
5. To where do the families turn their focus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
2. It is surprising to the survivors?
3. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
4. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
5. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
6. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
7. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
8. What does the minor's story confirm? What is done with this information?
9. What searches take place the next morning?
10. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)