|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the lightning.
(b) Because of the snow storms.
(c) Because of the ice.
(d) Because of wind patterns.
2. Who takes the lead on the expedition?
3. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) His son has not survived.
(b) There is no news about his son.
(c) He will not see his son for several weeks.
(d) His son is one of the survivors.
4. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Play games in the snow.
(b) Return to the Fairchild.
(c) Complain that they were not taken away.
(d) Watch the plane fly away.
5. How is the snow under their feet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
2. The excitement of the cross was akin to what for the survivors?
3. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
4. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
5. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on December 23rd?
2. What do the survivors discover on day seventy-one?
3. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
4. How do the survivors react to the Andinists?
5. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
6. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
7. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
8. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
9. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
10. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)