|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the snow storms.
(b) Because of the lightning.
(c) Because of wind patterns.
(d) Because of the ice.
2. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The poor health of the young men.
(b) The newfound pessimism.
(c) The character changes in the young men.
(d) The depression from which the young men suffer.
3. How close is it to Christmas?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
4. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
(b) The plane is in a lake.
(c) The plane is near Santiago.
(d) The plane is destroyed.
5. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
2. How many carabineers arrived and asked for directions to the plane?
3. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
4. Who is the first man, an Andinist, who arrives?
5. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
2. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
3. What takes place on December 23rd?
4. What takes place on December 12th?
5. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
6. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
7. What searches take place the next morning?
8. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
9. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
10. How do the men cross the river?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)