|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(b) A few.
(c) The minority.
(d) The majority.
2. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) One o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
3. What is one of the men's concerns?
(a) The survivors will not last the night.
(b) The rescue crew will not be able to find them.
(c) Another avalanche.
(d) The hikers will not be found.
4. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
(b) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
(c) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(d) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
5. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(b) Sounds of planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
2. Why are this many people rescued first?
3. Where are the survivors brought?
4. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
5. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what do Canessa and Parrado focus during their hike?
2. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
3. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
4. Describe the arrival of the helicopters.
5. How do the two men proceed after Vizintin goes back to the Fairchild?
6. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
7. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
8. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
9. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
10. What takes place on December 23rd?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)