|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
(b) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(c) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(d) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
2. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
(c) At times.
3. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The character changes in the young men.
(b) The poor health of the young men.
(c) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(d) The newfound pessimism.
4. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They worry about the survivors.
(b) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(c) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(d) They feel upset for the parents.
5. Who is the first man, an Andinist, who arrives?
(a) Armando Saldo.
(b) Eduardo Sanchez.
(c) Juan Rodriguez.
(d) Sergio Diaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
2. To where do the families turn their focus?
3. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
4. How do the survivors go about their daily chores?
5. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Paez Vilaro lagging behind?
2. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
3. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
4. What do the thirteen survivors do as this section begins?
5. What takes place on December 23rd?
6. How do the parents feel about the reading of the survivors' names?
7. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
8. How is the cross found in the snow discouraging to the parents?
9. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
10. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)