|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
(a) He is the pilot.
(b) He is the complainer.
(c) He is the organizer.
(d) He is team captain.
2. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(b) The men had brought it into the plane.
(c) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(d) The ceiling collapses.
3. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Arrive in Montevideo.
(b) Call each other.
(c) Arrive in Quito.
(d) Arrive in Santiago.
4. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(c) Very little.
5. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) Continue on the same search.
(b) Change the focus of the search.
(c) End the search.
(d) Begin a search.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
2. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
3. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
4. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
5. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
2. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
4. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
5. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
6. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
7. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
8. What do the parents do on December 5th?
9. Who saved many from the avalanche?
10. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)