|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Fix the transistor radio.
(b) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(c) Make the plane functional.
(d) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
2. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
(a) They are food.
(b) They are a sign of life and summer coming to the Andes.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are a sign of disease.
3. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Their husbands.
(b) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) Croiset's visions.
(d) Their sons.
4. When does section three open?
(a) On the twentieth day of the survivors' struggle.
(b) On the fifteenth day of the survivors' struggle.
(c) On the fifth day of the survivors' struggle.
(d) On the ninth day of the survivors' struggle.
5. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Blancos and Negros.
(b) Colorados and Coronados.
(c) Democrats and Republicans.
(d) BIancos and Colorados.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
2. How is the search expanded?
3. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
4. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
5. Who is the only surviving woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
2. What do the parents do on December 5th?
3. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
4. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
5. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
6. Who saved many from the avalanche?
7. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
8. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
9. Describe Day Ten.
10. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)