|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(b) He cannot keep food down.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He does not want to eat.
2. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
(a) They should leave quickly.
(b) He should hike alone back to the Fairchild.
(c) They should not risk their lives hiking again unless all their other options have been exhausted.
(d) They should hike out of the mountains.
3. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
4. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(b) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
(c) They learn that their sons are dead.
(d) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
5. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(b) The cockpit radio will work.
(c) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(d) The plane may still be functional.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
2. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
3. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
4. Who are the two major political parties?
5. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
2. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
4. What are the results of the avalanche?
5. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
6. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
7. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
8. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
9. Describe Day Ten.
10. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)