|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
(a) A few men.
(b) Only the women.
(c) The strongest men.
(d) The injured and couples.
2. To what do the men return?
(a) A feeling of home.
(b) Their hike out of the mountains.
(d) The squalor they had been living in.
3. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
(b) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
(c) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(d) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
4. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
(a) The Uruguayan government.
(b) The United States government.
(c) The team captain.
(d) The Chilean government.
5. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) BIancos and Colorados.
(b) Democrats and Republicans.
(c) Blancos and Negros.
(d) Colorados and Coronados.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
2. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
3. Who is the only surviving woman?
4. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
5. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
2. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
3. How does the ninth day begin?
4. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
5. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
6. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
7. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
8. What are the results of the avalanche?
9. What do the parents do on December 5th?
10. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)