|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
(a) The SAR.
(b) The ARS.
(c) The RAS.
(d) The SRA.
2. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
(b) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
3. What had the men rigged?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A transistor radio.
(d) The cockpit radio.
4. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) An ugly gaping wound.
(b) A cracked skull.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) A punctured lung.
5. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) There are no survivors.
(b) Only a couple of men survive.
(c) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
(d) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vizintin discover?
2. What is the only way to improve visibility?
3. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
4. Who is the only surviving woman?
5. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
2. How do the men cross the river?
3. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
4. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
5. Following the Christmas holidays, what do the survivors do?
6. What takes place on December 23rd?
7. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
8. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
9. What is the summer sun doing? How is this good and bad?
10. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)