|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
(a) The weak and sick.
(b) The strongest among the survivors.
(c) The couples.
(d) The injured.
2. What revolutionary group was born?
(a) The Tuiricas.
(b) The Tuperwares.
(c) The Tupamaros.
(d) The Ticonderogas.
3. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Their sons.
(c) Croiset's visions.
(d) Their husbands.
4. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The cockpit radio will work.
(b) The plane may still be functional.
(c) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(d) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
5. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
(a) Someone has gone missing.
(b) Someone is hiding bodies.
(c) Someone had extra food on the plane but did not tell anyone.
(d) Someone is pilfering extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
2. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
3. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
4. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
5. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men cross the river?
2. How is the expedition?
3. How do those listening to Delgado's speech react?
4. Describe Day Ten.
5. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
6. Following the Christmas holidays, what do the survivors do?
7. What false hope do the survivors experience?
8. Describe the crash.
9. What was happening with the search while Parrado and Canessa hiked?
10. How is Wednesday, December 20th important?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)