|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It ends it completely.
(b) It causes it to begin early.
(c) It pushes it back from February to March.
(d) It pushes it back from January to February.
2. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Enough qualified teachers.
(c) Adequate text books.
(d) The religious qualities the parents sought.
3. What else do these women still believe?
(a) Their sons are dead.
(b) God will save their children.
(c) Their sons are alive.
(d) The Uruguayan government will find the plane.
4. What happens on December 11th?
(a) The plane does not take off due to engine problems.
(b) The propellers stop turning and the pilot performs an emergency landing.
(c) The plane crashes in the Andes.
(d) The plane searches but does not find the men.
5. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Begin their own search.
(b) Share it with another clairvoyant.
(c) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(d) Ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the search expanded?
2. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
3. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
4. What are the Chilean military police called?
5. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
2. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
3. Describe Day Ten.
4. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
5. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
6. How is the expedition?
7. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
8. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
9. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
10. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)