|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Marcelo?
(a) Enrique Platero.
(b) Eduardo Strauch.
(c) Fito (Adolfo) Strauch.
(d) Daniel Fernandez.
2. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
(a) They ignore the parents completely.
(b) They refuse the parents' petition.
(c) They agree to the parents' petition.
(d) They consider the petition.
3. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
(a) The bears.
(b) The condors.
(c) The rats.
(d) The eagles.
4. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
(b) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
(c) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
(d) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
5. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
(a) They break off the roof.
(b) They use the oxygen tanks.
(c) They go out the back of the plane.
(d) They used a metal rod to puncture the snow outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Echavarren suffer?
2. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
3. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
4. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
5. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
2. What does Paez Vilaro do to search for the missing plane?
3. Describe Day Ten.
4. What takes place on December 11th?
5. How is the expedition?
6. What are the results of the avalanche?
7. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
8. How does the ninth day begin?
9. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
10. Who saved many from the avalanche?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)