|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
(a) They use the oxygen tanks.
(b) They break off the roof.
(c) They go out the back of the plane.
(d) They used a metal rod to puncture the snow outside.
2. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Fix the transistor radio.
(b) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(c) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
(d) Make the plane functional.
3. Who found himself covered in snow?
(a) Liliana Methol.
(b) Enrique Platero.
(c) Roy Harley.
(d) Eduardo Strauch.
4. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
(a) They should leave quickly.
(b) They should not risk their lives hiking again unless all their other options have been exhausted.
(c) They should hike out of the mountains.
(d) He should hike alone back to the Fairchild.
5. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Raquel Welsh.
(b) Liliana Methol.
(c) Mariela Fernandez.
(d) Analisia Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had snow entered the plane?
2. What does this man say to the family members?
3. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
4. When does summer begin in the Andes?
5. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the expedition?
2. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
3. How does the ninth day begin?
4. Describe Day Ten.
5. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
6. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
7. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
8. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
9. What complicated the search?
10. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)