|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include people on the ground.
(b) To include the surrounding countries.
(c) To include the Chilean government.
(d) To include the United States.
2. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
(a) When an avalanche buries the tail of the plane.
(b) When it becomes apparent that no amount of tinkering could produce a working two-way radio.
(c) When they become hungry.
(d) When they decide to take the luggage back to the plane.
3. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
4. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(b) They had warm blankets.
(c) They screamed for help.
(d) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
5. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
(a) The injured and couples.
(b) Only the women.
(c) A few men.
(d) The strongest men.
Short Answer Questions
1. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
2. Why do tensions rise?
3. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
4. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
5. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who saved many from the avalanche?
2. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
3. What takes place on December 11th?
4. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
5. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
6. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
7. What do the parents do on December 5th?
8. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
9. What complicated the search?
10. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)