|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
2. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
(a) He hired the plane and pilots.
(b) He had encouraged the others to take the trip.
(c) He told the pilots on which course to fly.
(d) He crashed the plane.
3. What is the only way to improve visibility?
(a) To wait until the weather improves.
(b) To travel by foot.
(c) To fly low.
(d) To use binoculars.
4. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(b) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(c) The men had brought it into the plane.
(d) The ceiling collapses.
5. To what do the men return?
(b) The squalor they had been living in.
(c) Their hike out of the mountains.
(d) A feeling of home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
2. What do the men do in Santiago?
3. As a group, how are the survivors becoming?
4. Who is among the last to be found?
5. What are the Chilean military police called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on December 23rd?
2. How do those listening to Delgado's speech react?
3. What takes place on December 12th?
4. Describe the crash.
5. Following the Christmas holidays, what do the survivors do?
6. What happens after the last survivors are rescued?
7. What takes place on December 11th?
8. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
9. What do the survivors do when the first eight are flown away?
10. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)