|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
(a) The strongest among the survivors.
(b) The injured.
(c) The couples.
(d) The weak and sick.
2. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
(a) It encourages them.
(b) It gives them a sense of peace.
(c) It gives them hope.
(d) It keeps them updated and connected to the search.
3. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
4. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
(a) It is painted white.
(b) It is in hundreds of pieces.
(c) It is very small.
(d) It is on it's side.
5. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include the United States.
(b) To include the Chilean government.
(c) To include people on the ground.
(d) To include the surrounding countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
2. Why do tensions rise?
3. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
4. What revolutionary group was born?
5. What happens on December 11th?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. What do the parents do on December 5th?
4. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
5. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
6. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
7. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
8. How does the ninth day begin?
9. Describe Day Ten.
10. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)