|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) A cracked skull.
(b) A punctured lung.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) An ugly gaping wound.
2. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(b) The ceiling collapses.
(c) The men had brought it into the plane.
(d) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
3. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
(a) They consider the petition.
(b) They refuse the parents' petition.
(c) They ignore the parents completely.
(d) They agree to the parents' petition.
4. What do the men do in Santiago?
(a) They split into teams.
(b) They hire a search team.
(c) They meet with a clairvoyant.
(d) They wait for assistance from the military.
5. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
(a) He uses his radio to shuttle information between the families and officials.
(b) He calls his friends in the United States.
(c) He contacts the Air Force.
(d) He uses his clairvoyant visions to find the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
2. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
3. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
4. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
5. Who spurred on the expedition team so they could make it back to the Fairchild?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
2. Describe the crash.
3. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
4. Who is Rafael Ponce de Leon?
5. Who saved many from the avalanche?
6. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
7. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
8. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
9. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
10. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)