|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) A lung infection.
(d) A gaping stomach wound.
2. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
(a) Someone had extra food on the plane but did not tell anyone.
(b) Someone has gone missing.
(c) Someone is pilfering extra food.
(d) Someone is hiding bodies.
3. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(b) The ceiling collapses.
(c) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(d) The men had brought it into the plane.
4. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
(b) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
(c) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
(d) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
5. The radio team heard news that the search would be resumed by the Uruguayan Air Force. What does this information bring?
(d) Mixed emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
2. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
3. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
4. When does summer begin in the Andes?
5. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
2. Describe the crash.
3. What do the parents do on December 5th?
4. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
5. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
6. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
7. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
8. How does the ninth day begin?
9. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
10. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)