|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(a) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
(d) The Virgin of Garabandal.
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) December 12.
(b) October 12.
(c) November 12.
(d) September 12.
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(c) Enough qualified teachers.
(d) The religious qualities the parents sought.
4. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Chile.
(b) Chile and Paraguay.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
5. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(d) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
2. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
3. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
4. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
5. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crash.
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. How is the expedition?
4. Describe the surprise Parrado and Canessa received the next morning.
5. What do the parents learn from Ponce de Leon's radio?
6. How do the men cross the river?
7. How do Canessa and Parrado feel when they awake?
8. When do Canessa and Parrado first encounter another human being?
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)