|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) November 15th.
(b) June 15th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) December 15th.
2. What does this man say to the family members?
(a) it is unlikely there are survivors and does not grant their request.
(b) It is likely there are survivors and he grants their request.
(c) It is likely there are survivors but he does not grant their request.
(d) It is unlikely there are survivors but he grants their request.
3. As a group, how are the survivors becoming?
(a) Cheerful and hopeful.
(b) Positive and upbeat.
(c) Uncertain but hopeful.
(d) Irritable and depressed.
4. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
5. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
2. How does Paez Vilar become known?
3. What are the Chilean military police called?
4. What happens on December 11th?
5. How was a democratic state created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on December 11th?
2. Who is Rafael Ponce de Leon?
3. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
4. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
5. How is the expedition?
6. How does the ninth day begin?
7. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
8. What do the parents do on December 5th?
9. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
10. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)