|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
2. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(b) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(c) They screamed for help.
(d) They had warm blankets.
3. What is the only way to improve visibility?
(a) To travel by foot.
(b) To wait until the weather improves.
(c) To fly low.
(d) To use binoculars.
4. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) January 15th.
(b) June 15th.
(c) December 15th.
(d) November 15th.
5. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) Only a couple of men survive.
(b) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
(c) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
(d) There are no survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revolutionary group was born?
2. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
3. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
4. From what does Echavarren suffer?
5. Who is among the last to be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
2. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
3. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
4. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
5. Describe the crash.
6. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
7. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
8. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
9. Describe Day Ten.
10. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)