|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) November 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) October 12.
(d) September 12.
2. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) Content with what is being done.
(b) Depressed and hopeless.
(c) Angry and hysterical.
(d) More impatient with the lack of progress.
3. As a group, how are the survivors becoming?
(a) Irritable and depressed.
(b) Uncertain but hopeful.
(c) Positive and upbeat.
(d) Cheerful and hopeful.
4. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) Begin a search.
(b) End the search.
(c) Continue on the same search.
(d) Change the focus of the search.
5. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) An ugly gaping wound.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) A cracked skull.
(d) A punctured lung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
2. What revolutionary group was born?
3. Who are the two major political parties?
4. How was a democratic state created?
5. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of a second avalanche?
2. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
3. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
4. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
5. Describe the crash.
6. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
7. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
8. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
9. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
10. Describe Day Ten.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)