|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Marcelo?
(a) Daniel Fernandez.
(b) Enrique Platero.
(c) Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Fito (Adolfo) Strauch.
2. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
(a) Play a championship game in Equador.
(b) Play a championship game in Chile.
(c) Play a championship game in Argentina.
(d) Play a championship game in the United States.
3. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They screamed for help.
(b) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(c) They had warm blankets.
(d) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
4. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) December 15th.
(b) June 15th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) November 15th.
5. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) Depressed and hopeless.
(b) Content with what is being done.
(c) Angry and hysterical.
(d) More impatient with the lack of progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
2. Who spurred on the expedition team so they could make it back to the Fairchild?
3. What does Paez Vilaro do to find the lost rugby players?
4. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
5. What does this man say to the family members?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
2. Describe Uruguay when this book was written.
3. Who saved many from the avalanche?
4. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
5. How does the ninth day begin?
6. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
7. How is the expedition?
8. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
9. What do the parents do on December 5th?
10. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)