|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(b) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
(d) The Virgin of Garabandal.
2. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) Content with what is being done.
(b) More impatient with the lack of progress.
(c) Angry and hysterical.
(d) Depressed and hopeless.
3. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) End the search.
(b) Begin a search.
(c) Continue on the same search.
(d) Change the focus of the search.
4. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
(b) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
(c) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
(d) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
5. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Raquel Welsh.
(b) Liliana Methol.
(c) Mariela Fernandez.
(d) Analisia Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found himself covered in snow?
2. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
3. What had the men rigged?
4. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
5. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ninth day begin?
2. Who saved many from the avalanche?
3. Describe Day Ten.
4. What do the helicopters do when they arrive?
5. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
6. What are Canessa and Parrado trying to fix?
7. Why is Paez Vilaro detained by the international police?
8. How is the expedition?
9. What information does Croiset Jr. give the parents?
10. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)