|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
(a) Depressing conversations.
(b) The amount of talking they do.
(c) Their visits outside the plane.
(d) Hysterical reactions.
2. On what does the search focus?
(a) The path of the plane.
(b) The Chilean border.
(c) The volcano of Tinguiririca.
(d) The pilot's comments about seeing Curico.
3. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include the surrounding countries.
(b) To include the United States.
(c) To include people on the ground.
(d) To include the Chilean government.
4. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
(a) There are survivors.
(b) Everyone survived.
(c) Only two survived the crash.
(d) There are no survivors.
5. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Remain upbeat.
(b) Force them to be happy.
(c) Encourage group prayer.
(d) Threaten them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
2. Who found himself covered in snow?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
4. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
5. Who are the two major political parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
2. How does the ninth day begin?
3. Who is Rafael Ponce de Leon?
4. What do the family members do once they reach Santiago?
5. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
6. Describe the plane they chartered and the course which it was to take.
7. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
8. How do the parents feel about the called off search? How do they respond to this?
9. How is the expedition?
10. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)