|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(b) They learn that their sons are dead.
(c) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
(d) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
2. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
(a) The commander-in-chief of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) The President of Uruguay.
(c) A clairvoyant.
(d) A grief counselor.
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(c) Adequate text books.
(d) Enough qualified teachers.
4. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) The men had brought it into the plane.
(b) The ceiling collapses.
(c) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(d) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
5. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Chile.
(b) Brazil and Paraguay.
(c) Chile and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
2. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
3. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
4. What else do these women still believe?
5. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the parents do on December 5th?
2. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
3. Why is the team traveling to Chile?
4. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
5. How do the survivors feel about the search being resumed?
6. When does the SAR send out a few planes in a specified area?
7. How do the survivors prepare to sleep?
8. How do Marcelo Perez and Daniel Fernandez feel about their friends? What do they do to help their friends?
9. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
10. What are the results of the avalanche?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)