|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Force them to be happy.
(b) Remain upbeat.
(c) Encourage group prayer.
(d) Threaten them.
2. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
(a) Depressing conversations.
(b) Their visits outside the plane.
(c) Hysterical reactions.
(d) The amount of talking they do.
3. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) Depressed and hopeless.
(b) Angry and hysterical.
(c) More impatient with the lack of progress.
(d) Content with what is being done.
4. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) June 15th.
(b) November 15th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) December 15th.
5. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Democrats and Republicans.
(b) Colorados and Coronados.
(c) BIancos and Colorados.
(d) Blancos and Negros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
2. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
3. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
4. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
5. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on December 11th?
2. How does Ponce de Leon help the families of those lost in the Andes?
3. What was done after the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
4. Who saved many from the avalanche?
5. On Day Ten, what do the survivors decide?
6. How does the ninth day begin?
7. What is taking place back at the Fairchild?
8. Describe Day Ten.
9. What do Madelon Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
10. How is the expedition?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)