|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(b) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
(c) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
(d) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
2. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He prays to God.
(b) He thinks about his mother.
(c) He thinks about his father.
(d) He prays to his patron saint.
3. Where are the survivors brought?
(a) To the hospital of St. Jude.
(b) To the hospital of St. Joshua.
(c) To the hospital of St. Joan of Arc.
(d) To the hospital of St. John of God.
4. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
(a) He has been delayed at the airport.
(b) He has stoppped at a friend's house.
(c) He has been out to lunch.
(d) He has stopped by the store.
5. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A cross in the snow.
(b) A geological site.
(c) A plane.
6. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) Each other.
(b) The Andinists.
(c) Their families.
(d) The doctors.
7. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
8. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
(a) The air is too thin for snow.
(b) It is too high to snow.
(c) There is too much humidity.
(d) It is wind blown and lacking in humidity.
9. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
(a) He heads home.
(b) He calls his wife.
(c) He heads back to San Fernando.
(d) He heads to Santiago.
10. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They feel upset for the parents.
(b) They worry about the survivors.
(c) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(d) They had both flown the Fairchild.
11. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
12. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) The location of the Fairchild.
(b) Gifts for the survivors.
(c) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(d) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
13. How many carabineers arrived and asked for directions to the plane?
14. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
15. Whose body is placed on reserve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the hikers take shelter?
2. To where do the families turn their focus?
3. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
4. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
5. Where is a cross discovered?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)