|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men begin to do?
(a) Complain that they will not be found.
(b) Celebrate their salvation.
(c) Plan another trek out of the Andes.
(d) Prepare to leave the plane.
2. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) A cross has been found.
(b) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
(c) The search has begun again.
(d) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
3. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(b) The newfound pessimism.
(c) The character changes in the young men.
(d) The poor health of the young men.
4. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(b) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
(c) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(d) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
5. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His son.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family.
6. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That so many died.
(b) That the men's characters have changed.
(c) That the men are depressed.
(d) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
7. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just two hours.
(b) Just fifteen minutes.
(c) Just five minutes.
(d) Just one hour.
8. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Play games in the snow.
(b) Complain that they were not taken away.
(c) Return to the Fairchild.
(d) Watch the plane fly away.
9. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
(a) The plane.
(d) Human footprints.
10. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(a) The majority.
(c) A few.
(d) The minority.
11. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
(b) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
(c) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
(d) To anger the other survivors.
12. How many carabineers arrived and asked for directions to the plane?
13. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
(a) They do not know how to kill the cow.
(b) They are looking for help, not enemies.
(c) They do not want to eat beef.
(d) They are not hungry.
14. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of wind patterns.
(b) Because of the ice.
(c) Because of the lightning.
(d) Because of the snow storms.
15. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Just a few hours.
(d) Many hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the snow under their feet?
2. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
3. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
4. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
5. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)