|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He prays to God.
(c) He prays to his patron saint.
(d) He thinks about his father.
2. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 13,500 feet.
(b) 11,500 feet.
(c) 10,500 feet.
(d) 12,500 feet.
3. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
4. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just five minutes.
(b) Just fifteen minutes.
(c) Just one hour.
(d) Just two hours.
5. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
(a) They would be rescued that day.
(b) They will be rescued during the night.
(c) They will be rescued next week.
(d) They will not be rescued for a few days.
6. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(b) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(c) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(d) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
7. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A plane.
(c) A geological site.
(d) A cross in the snow.
8. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To contact the survivors.
(b) To find the hikers.
(c) To contact the president of Uruguay.
(d) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
9. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(b) An area near Santiago.
(c) The area around the volcano and lake.
(d) The area around Quito.
10. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Complain that they were not taken away.
(b) Return to the Fairchild.
(c) Watch the plane fly away.
(d) Play games in the snow.
11. How close is it to Christmas?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
12. What does the next morning bring?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) A fog bank.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A thunderstorm.
13. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They hug.
(b) They give thanks to God and rest.
(c) They look for other signs of life.
(d) They celebrate.
14. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
(a) He has been delayed at the airport.
(b) He has stoppped at a friend's house.
(c) He has stopped by the store.
(d) He has been out to lunch.
15. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) One o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the helicopters carry?
2. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
3. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
4. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
5. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)