|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the helicopters carry?
(a) The action group's commander, mechanics, a nurse, a medical orderly, a doctor, and members of the Andean Rescue Corps.
(b) The families.
(c) The action groups' commander.
(d) A group of doctors.
2. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(b) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(c) They feel upset for the parents.
(d) They worry about the survivors.
3. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
(b) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(c) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(d) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
4. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
(a) A fifteen minute walk.
(b) A one hour drive.
(c) A one day ride.
(d) A two day ride.
5. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The Andinists.
(c) Their families.
(d) Each other.
6. Who is the first man, an Andinist, who arrives?
(a) Juan Rodriguez.
(b) Armando Saldo.
(c) Sergio Diaz.
(d) Eduardo Sanchez.
7. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) Many hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Just a few hours.
8. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(b) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(c) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(d) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
9. On whom does Parrado focus?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His father.
10. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 20th.
(b) December 23rd.
(c) December 22nd.
(d) December 21st.
11. Where do the hikers take shelter?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In an animal corral.
(d) In an abandoned house.
12. What do the men begin to do?
(a) Celebrate their salvation.
(b) Prepare to leave the plane.
(c) Complain that they will not be found.
(d) Plan another trek out of the Andes.
13. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The newfound pessimism.
(b) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(c) The character changes in the young men.
(d) The poor health of the young men.
14. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The C-47's delay.
(b) The destruction of the C-47.
(c) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(d) A cancellation of the search.
15. What seems too good to be true?
(a) The survivors being outside of the plane.
(b) Animals being found near the crash site.
(c) The idea of finding the boys alive.
(d) The plane being in one piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
2. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
3. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
4. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
5. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)