|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
(a) They will not be rescued for a few days.
(b) They will be rescued next week.
(c) They will be rescued during the night.
(d) They would be rescued that day.
2. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(b) An area near Santiago.
(c) The area around Quito.
(d) The area around the volcano and lake.
3. Who is the first man, an Andinist, who arrives?
(a) Eduardo Sanchez.
(b) Armando Saldo.
(c) Juan Rodriguez.
(d) Sergio Diaz.
4. What is special about Wednesday, December 20th?
(a) It is the day the survivors give up.
(b) It is the day the survivors are saved.
(c) It is a turning point for the survivors.
(d) It is the day the families find out about the location of the Fairchild.
5. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(d) Try to stay alive.
6. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(b) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(c) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(d) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
7. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are busy searching.
(b) They are meeting with the colonel.
(c) They are waiting to hear for news.
(d) They are heading home.
8. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) His family.
(d) His son.
9. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
10. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 11,500 feet.
(b) 13,500 feet.
(c) 12,500 feet.
(d) 10,500 feet.
11. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(b) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(c) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(d) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
12. On whom does Parrado focus?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His girlfriend.
13. Who do the helicopters carry?
(a) The families.
(b) The action groups' commander.
(c) A group of doctors.
(d) The action group's commander, mechanics, a nurse, a medical orderly, a doctor, and members of the Andean Rescue Corps.
14. What is one of the men's concerns?
(a) The survivors will not last the night.
(b) The rescue crew will not be able to find them.
(c) Another avalanche.
(d) The hikers will not be found.
15. How close is it to Christmas?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the survivors go about their daily chores?
2. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
3. Whose body is placed on reserve?
4. To what do the family members need to adjust?
5. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)