|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
(a) Because they found the plane.
(b) Because of the puppy.
(c) Because he has lost his ticket.
(d) Because he does not have a passport.
2. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They worry about the survivors.
(b) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(c) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(d) They feel upset for the parents.
3. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
(b) To find the hikers.
(c) To contact the survivors.
(d) To contact the president of Uruguay.
4. Who do the helicopters carry?
(a) The action group's commander, mechanics, a nurse, a medical orderly, a doctor, and members of the Andean Rescue Corps.
(b) The action groups' commander.
(c) A group of doctors.
(d) The families.
5. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
(b) That so many died.
(c) That the men are depressed.
(d) That the men's characters have changed.
6. What seems too good to be true?
(a) The survivors being outside of the plane.
(b) The idea of finding the boys alive.
(c) The plane being in one piece.
(d) Animals being found near the crash site.
7. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
(b) He gets on the plane.
(c) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
(d) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
8. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(b) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(c) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
(d) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
9. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
(b) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
(c) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
(d) To anger the other survivors.
10. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(b) Of his adventures in the mountain.
(c) A few stories.
(d) One story about his adventures.
11. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
(b) Their friends will not make it through the night.
(c) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
(d) Something will go wrong.
12. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The destruction of the C-47.
(b) A cancellation of the search.
(c) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(d) The C-47's delay.
13. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
(a) They ignored the news.
(b) They thought is could possibly be related to some local geophysicists.
(c) They thought it could possibly be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(d) They did not believe it could be related to the Fairchild survivors.
14. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) He will not see his son for several weeks.
(b) His son has not survived.
(c) There is no news about his son.
(d) His son is one of the survivors.
15. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
(a) Their meat source is getting low.
(b) They want to find all of the bodies.
(c) They want to start burying the bodies.
(d) They miss their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The excitement of the cross was akin to what for the survivors?
2. What arrives on December 12th?
3. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
4. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
5. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)