|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems too good to be true?
(a) The survivors being outside of the plane.
(b) The plane being in one piece.
(c) Animals being found near the crash site.
(d) The idea of finding the boys alive.
2. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Stories and firewood.
(c) Blankets and medicine.
(d) More food and pleasant conversation.
3. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
(a) They thought is could possibly be related to some local geophysicists.
(b) They did not believe it could be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(c) They thought it could possibly be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(d) They ignored the news.
4. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
(a) They feel someone should see what their lives have been like.
(b) They are worried the Andinists will leave them.
(c) They feel someone should stay with them.
(d) They are worried about the Andinists.
5. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(b) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(c) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(d) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
6. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) A rescue helicopter.
(b) A bear.
(c) Another avalanche.
(d) An earthquake.
7. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
(a) They did not watch them.
(b) For as long as possible.
(c) For only a moment.
(d) For several minutes.
8. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) Something will go wrong.
(b) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
(c) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
(d) Their friends will not make it through the night.
9. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
10. Where do the hikers take shelter?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In an animal corral.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In an abandoned house.
11. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
(a) Because he does not have a passport.
(b) Because of the puppy.
(c) Because he has lost his ticket.
(d) Because they found the plane.
12. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To contact the president of Uruguay.
(b) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
(c) To find the hikers.
(d) To contact the survivors.
13. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(d) Try to stay alive.
14. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Just a few hours.
15. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(b) The majority.
(c) The minority.
(d) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrives on December 12th?
2. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
3. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
4. To where do the families turn their focus?
5. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)