|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Gifts for the survivors.
(c) The location of the Fairchild.
(d) Funding for the search for the survivors.
2. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
(a) They thought is could possibly be related to some local geophysicists.
(b) They ignored the news.
(c) They did not believe it could be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(d) They thought it could possibly be related to the Fairchild survivors.
3. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A cross in the snow.
(c) A geological site.
(d) A plane.
4. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
(a) Send a patrol to the area where the footprints were reported.
(b) End the search.
(c) Find the plane.
(d) Contact other neighboring countries for support.
5. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
(a) They do not want to eat beef.
(b) They are not hungry.
(c) They do not know how to kill the cow.
(d) They are looking for help, not enemies.
6. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Stories and firewood.
(c) Blankets and medicine.
(d) More food and pleasant conversation.
7. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
(a) A private room in the hospital.
(b) A local's home.
(c) The local hotel.
(d) A rental home.
8. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They hug.
(b) They celebrate.
(c) They give thanks to God and rest.
(d) They look for other signs of life.
9. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) Many hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Just a few hours.
(d) One hour.
10. What do the parents hear on Ponce de Leon's radio?
(a) A snippet of conversation about a new search beginning.
(b) A snippet of conversation about hikers being found.
(c) A snippet of conversation about a cross being found.
(d) A snippet of conversation about a plane being found.
11. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
(a) They catch a flight to Santiago.
(b) They cannot decide what to do.
(c) They continue home.
(d) They reverse direction.
12. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
(a) He calls his wife.
(b) He heads back to San Fernando.
(c) He heads to Santiago.
(d) He heads home.
13. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To find the hikers.
(b) To contact the survivors.
(c) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
(d) To contact the president of Uruguay.
14. Who is the first man, an Andinist, who arrives?
(a) Eduardo Sanchez.
(b) Sergio Diaz.
(c) Juan Rodriguez.
(d) Armando Saldo.
15. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(c) Sounds of planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
2. To what do the family members need to adjust?
3. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
4. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
5. On whom does Parrado focus?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)