|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(b) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
(c) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(d) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
2. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) One o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
3. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(a) A few stories.
(b) Of his adventures in the mountain.
(c) One story about his adventures.
4. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
5. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
(a) It is wind blown and lacking in humidity.
(b) The air is too thin for snow.
(c) It is too high to snow.
(d) There is too much humidity.
6. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(b) The newfound pessimism.
(c) The character changes in the young men.
(d) The poor health of the young men.
7. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
(b) Something will go wrong.
(c) Their friends will not make it through the night.
(d) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
8. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
(b) He gets on the plane.
(c) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
(d) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
9. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(b) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
(c) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(d) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
10. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(b) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
(c) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
(d) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
11. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
(a) They thought it could possibly be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(b) They ignored the news.
(c) They thought is could possibly be related to some local geophysicists.
(d) They did not believe it could be related to the Fairchild survivors.
12. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) a plane.
(b) A river.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A bear.
13. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A geological site.
(b) A plane.
(d) A cross in the snow.
14. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That the men's characters have changed.
(b) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
(c) That the men are depressed.
(d) That so many died.
15. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is in a lake.
(b) The plane is near Santiago.
(c) The plane is destroyed.
(d) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
2. Where are the survivors brought?
3. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
4. Where is a cross discovered?
5. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)