|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(b) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
(c) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(d) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
2. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They worry about the survivors.
(b) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(c) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(d) They feel upset for the parents.
3. Where are the survivors brought?
(a) To the hospital of St. John of God.
(b) To the hospital of St. Joshua.
(c) To the hospital of St. Jude.
(d) To the hospital of St. Joan of Arc.
4. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
(a) They did not watch them.
(b) For several minutes.
(c) For only a moment.
(d) For as long as possible.
5. How is the snow under their feet?
6. What seems too good to be true?
(a) The plane being in one piece.
(b) The idea of finding the boys alive.
(c) Animals being found near the crash site.
(d) The survivors being outside of the plane.
7. What had geophysicists created?
(a) A cross as part of a geology experiment.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A substation.
8. What do the men begin to do?
(a) Prepare to leave the plane.
(b) Complain that they will not be found.
(c) Plan another trek out of the Andes.
(d) Celebrate their salvation.
9. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(d) Try to stay alive.
10. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
(b) A few.
11. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
(b) The plane is destroyed.
(c) The plane is near Santiago.
(d) The plane is in a lake.
12. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) The search has begun again.
(b) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
(c) A cross has been found.
(d) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
13. How are the carabineers prepared to retrieve survivors?
(a) By boat.
(b) By plane.
(c) By foot.
(d) By helicopter.
14. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 12,500 feet.
(b) 10,500 feet.
(c) 13,500 feet.
(d) 11,500 feet.
15. The excitement of the cross was akin to what for the survivors?
(a) An emotional roller coaster.
(b) A car crash.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men go to bed feeling?
2. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
3. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
4. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
5. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)