|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the snow under their feet?
2. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(a) One story about his adventures.
(c) A few stories.
(d) Of his adventures in the mountain.
3. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(b) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(c) They worry about the survivors.
(d) They feel upset for the parents.
4. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 21st.
(b) December 23rd.
(c) December 22nd.
(d) December 20th.
5. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) A bear.
(b) a plane.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A river.
6. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) The area around Quito.
(b) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(c) An area near Santiago.
(d) The area around the volcano and lake.
7. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) Their cross made of luggage.
(b) The geophysicists' cross.
(c) Their plane.
(d) Their men.
8. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A cross in the snow.
(c) A plane.
(d) A geological site.
9. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(c) Sounds of planes.
10. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 11,500 feet.
(b) 10,500 feet.
(c) 12,500 feet.
(d) 13,500 feet.
11. Who takes the lead on the expedition?
12. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) The doctors.
(b) Each other.
(c) The Andinists.
(d) Their families.
13. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(a) The minority.
(c) A few.
(d) The majority.
14. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
15. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the miner's story confirm?
2. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
3. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
4. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
5. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)