Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
(a) A few.
2. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(b) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(c) They feel upset for the parents.
(d) They worry about the survivors.
3. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
(b) He gets on the plane.
(c) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
(d) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
4. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
5. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
(a) They reverse direction.
(b) They cannot decide what to do.
(c) They catch a flight to Santiago.
(d) They continue home.
6. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His son.
(d) The Colonel.
7. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 10,500 feet.
(b) 11,500 feet.
(c) 13,500 feet.
(d) 12,500 feet.
8. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) He will not see his son for several weeks.
(b) His son is one of the survivors.
(c) His son has not survived.
(d) There is no news about his son.
9. Who takes the lead on the expedition?
10. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The newfound pessimism.
(b) The poor health of the young men.
(c) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(d) The character changes in the young men.
11. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
(a) They are looking for help, not enemies.
(b) They do not want to eat beef.
(c) They are not hungry.
(d) They do not know how to kill the cow.
12. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(a) A few stories.
(c) Of his adventures in the mountain.
(d) One story about his adventures.
13. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(b) Sounds of planes.
14. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(b) A cross in the snow.
(c) A geological site.
(d) A plane.
15. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. The families oscillated between what?
2. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
3. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
4. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
5. How are the carabineers prepared to retrieve survivors?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)