|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
(a) A rental home.
(b) The local hotel.
(c) A private room in the hospital.
(d) A local's home.
2. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
(a) They give no real answers.
(b) They omit a few details.
(c) They give all the details.
(d) They omit nothing.
3. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are heading home.
(b) They are meeting with the colonel.
(c) They are waiting to hear for news.
(d) They are busy searching.
4. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(a) The minority.
(b) The majority.
(c) A few.
5. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
(b) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
(c) To anger the other survivors.
(d) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
6. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the snow storms.
(b) Because of the lightning.
(c) Because of the ice.
(d) Because of wind patterns.
7. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
8. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) Something will go wrong.
(b) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
(c) Their friends will not make it through the night.
(d) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
9. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) Their cross made of luggage.
(b) Their men.
(c) Their plane.
(d) The geophysicists' cross.
10. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To contact the survivors.
(b) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
(c) To find the hikers.
(d) To contact the president of Uruguay.
11. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(b) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(c) They worry about the survivors.
(d) They feel upset for the parents.
12. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They look for other signs of life.
(c) They hug.
(d) They give thanks to God and rest.
13. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
14. What does the next morning bring?
(a) A fog bank.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) An avalanche.
15. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) The Andinists.
(b) The doctors.
(c) Each other.
(d) Their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
2. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
3. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
4. What had geophysicists created?
5. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)