|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He prays to his patron saint.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He thinks about his father.
2. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
3. Who takes the lead on the expedition?
4. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(b) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) Gifts for the survivors.
(d) The location of the Fairchild.
5. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
(a) Contact other neighboring countries for support.
(b) End the search.
(c) Find the plane.
(d) Send a patrol to the area where the footprints were reported.
6. Who do the helicopters carry?
(a) A group of doctors.
(b) The families.
(c) The action group's commander, mechanics, a nurse, a medical orderly, a doctor, and members of the Andean Rescue Corps.
(d) The action groups' commander.
7. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(c) Sounds of planes.
8. Where is a cross discovered?
(a) Santa Lucia mountain.
(b) Santa Elena mountain.
(c) Santa Maria mountain.
(d) Santa Helena mountain.
9. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
(a) Blankets and medicine.
(b) More food and pleasant conversation.
(c) Food and shelter.
(d) Stories and firewood.
10. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of wind patterns.
(b) Because of the ice.
(c) Because of the lightning.
(d) Because of the snow storms.
11. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just five minutes.
(b) Just one hour.
(c) Just fifteen minutes.
(d) Just two hours.
12. What do the men begin to do?
(a) Plan another trek out of the Andes.
(b) Celebrate their salvation.
(c) Prepare to leave the plane.
(d) Complain that they will not be found.
13. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
(b) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(c) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(d) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
14. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
15. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(b) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(c) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(d) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
2. To where do the families turn their focus?
3. What do the parents hear on Ponce de Leon's radio?
4. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
5. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)