|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 12,500 feet.
(b) 11,500 feet.
(c) 10,500 feet.
(d) 13,500 feet.
2. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
(a) Human footprints.
(c) The plane.
3. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(b) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(c) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(d) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
4. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
5. Where do the hikers take shelter?
(a) In an animal corral.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In an abandoned house.
6. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(a) A few.
(b) The majority.
(d) The minority.
7. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
(a) At times.
8. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He prays to God.
(c) He thinks about his father.
(d) He prays to his patron saint.
9. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are heading home.
(b) They are meeting with the colonel.
(c) They are waiting to hear for news.
(d) They are busy searching.
10. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That so many died.
(b) That the men are depressed.
(c) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
(d) That the men's characters have changed.
11. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
(a) A rental home.
(b) A local's home.
(c) A private room in the hospital.
(d) The local hotel.
12. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(b) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(c) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
(d) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
13. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(b) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) The location of the Fairchild.
(d) Gifts for the survivors.
14. What is one of the men's concerns?
(a) The hikers will not be found.
(b) Another avalanche.
(c) The survivors will not last the night.
(d) The rescue crew will not be able to find them.
15. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They hug.
(c) They give thanks to God and rest.
(d) They look for other signs of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
2. How close is it to Christmas?
3. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
4. On whom does Parrado focus?
5. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)