|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the survivors brought?
(a) To the hospital of St. Joan of Arc.
(b) To the hospital of St. Joshua.
(c) To the hospital of St. John of God.
(d) To the hospital of St. Jude.
2. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) One o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
3. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) The location of the Fairchild.
(b) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(d) Gifts for the survivors.
4. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(b) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(c) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
(d) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
5. What do the men begin to do?
(a) Celebrate their salvation.
(b) Complain that they will not be found.
(c) Prepare to leave the plane.
(d) Plan another trek out of the Andes.
6. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The Andinists.
(c) Their families.
(d) Each other.
7. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(b) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(c) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(d) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
8. How is the snow under their feet?
9. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He prays to God.
(b) He thinks about his father.
(c) He thinks about his mother.
(d) He prays to his patron saint.
10. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
(a) The local hotel.
(b) A rental home.
(c) A local's home.
(d) A private room in the hospital.
11. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(b) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(c) They worry about the survivors.
(d) They feel upset for the parents.
12. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His son.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
13. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
(b) A cross has been found.
(c) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
(d) The search has begun again.
14. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Having faith and having shaky faith.
(b) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
(c) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
(d) Holding onto hope and giving up.
15. Whose body is placed on reserve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
2. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
3. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
4. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
5. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)