|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(b) A cancellation of the search.
(c) The destruction of the C-47.
(d) The C-47's delay.
2. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) A bear.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Another avalanche.
(d) A rescue helicopter.
3. Why is Fito reluctant to use one of the bodies?
(a) It is the body of his cousin, Daniel.
(b) It is the body of his best friend, Jesus.
(c) It is the body of his brother, Guido.
(d) It is the body of his teammate, Eduardo.
4. Who do the helicopters carry?
(a) The families.
(b) The action groups' commander.
(c) The action group's commander, mechanics, a nurse, a medical orderly, a doctor, and members of the Andean Rescue Corps.
(d) A group of doctors.
5. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They give thanks to God and rest.
(b) They celebrate.
(c) They look for other signs of life.
(d) They hug.
6. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(b) The newfound pessimism.
(c) The character changes in the young men.
(d) The poor health of the young men.
7. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
(b) He gets on the plane.
(c) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
(d) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
8. How do the men go to bed feeling?
(a) Frustrated that they cannot leave now.
(b) Nervous about seeing their families.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a helicopter's arrival in the morning.
(d) Worried about their friends still in the plane.
9. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
(a) They will be rescued next week.
(b) They will not be rescued for a few days.
(c) They would be rescued that day.
(d) They will be rescued during the night.
10. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
11. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) The area around the volcano and lake.
(b) The area around Quito.
(c) An area near Santiago.
(d) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
12. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
13. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His son.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family.
14. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(d) Sounds of planes.
15. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(b) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(c) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
(d) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the survivors go about their daily chores?
2. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
3. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
4. What does the miner's story confirm?
5. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)