|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his father.
(b) He prays to God.
(c) He prays to his patron saint.
(d) He thinks about his mother.
2. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
(b) The plane is in a lake.
(c) The plane is destroyed.
(d) The plane is near Santiago.
3. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A geological site.
(b) A plane.
(d) A cross in the snow.
4. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
5. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) The area around Quito.
(b) An area near Santiago.
(c) The area around the volcano and lake.
(d) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
6. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of wind patterns.
(b) Because of the ice.
(c) Because of the snow storms.
(d) Because of the lightning.
7. Whose body is placed on reserve?
8. How are the carabineers prepared to retrieve survivors?
(a) By boat.
(b) By plane.
(c) By foot.
(d) By helicopter.
9. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
(a) He has been out to lunch.
(b) He has stopped by the store.
(c) He has been delayed at the airport.
(d) He has stoppped at a friend's house.
10. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) Another avalanche.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A rescue helicopter.
(d) A bear.
11. Who takes the lead on the expedition?
12. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
(a) A fifteen minute walk.
(b) A one hour drive.
(c) A one day ride.
(d) A two day ride.
13. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To contact the survivors.
(b) To contact the president of Uruguay.
(c) To find the hikers.
(d) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
14. What is one of the men's concerns?
(a) The survivors will not last the night.
(b) The rescue crew will not be able to find them.
(c) Another avalanche.
(d) The hikers will not be found.
15. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 20th.
(b) December 23rd.
(c) December 22nd.
(d) December 21st.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the hikers take shelter?
2. Where are the survivors brought?
3. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
4. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
5. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)