Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the men's concerns?
(a) The hikers will not be found.
(b) The rescue crew will not be able to find them.
(c) Another avalanche.
(d) The survivors will not last the night.
2. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(a) Sounds of planes.
3. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) A rescue helicopter.
(b) Another avalanche.
(c) A bear.
(d) An earthquake.
4. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
5. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) An area near Santiago.
(b) The area around Quito.
(c) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(d) The area around the volcano and lake.
6. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
(b) Holding onto hope and giving up.
(c) Having faith and having shaky faith.
(d) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
7. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(b) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(c) They feel upset for the parents.
(d) They worry about the survivors.
8. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Play games in the snow.
(b) Complain that they were not taken away.
(c) Return to the Fairchild.
(d) Watch the plane fly away.
9. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He prays to his patron saint.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He thinks about his father.
10. How many carabineers arrived and asked for directions to the plane?
11. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
(a) It is too high to snow.
(b) There is too much humidity.
(c) The air is too thin for snow.
(d) It is wind blown and lacking in humidity.
12. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(b) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
(c) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(d) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
13. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(a) A few stories.
(b) One story about his adventures.
(c) Of his adventures in the mountain.
14. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
15. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just two hours.
(b) Just fifteen minutes.
(c) Just five minutes.
(d) Just one hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents hear on Ponce de Leon's radio?
2. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
3. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
4. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
5. Why has Dr. Canessa not yet returned to Montevideo?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)