|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Watch the plane fly away.
(b) Return to the Fairchild.
(c) Complain that they were not taken away.
(d) Play games in the snow.
2. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
(a) They are looking for help, not enemies.
(b) They are not hungry.
(c) They do not want to eat beef.
(d) They do not know how to kill the cow.
3. What do the boys do when they come across a paradise of sorts?
(a) They look for other signs of life.
(b) They hug.
(c) They give thanks to God and rest.
(d) They celebrate.
4. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They worry about the survivors.
(b) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(c) They feel upset for the parents.
(d) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
5. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A cross in the snow.
(c) A plane.
(d) A geological site.
6. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
(a) They want to find all of the bodies.
(b) They miss their friends.
(c) They want to start burying the bodies.
(d) Their meat source is getting low.
7. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The destruction of the C-47.
(b) A cancellation of the search.
(c) The C-47's delay.
(d) Sickness in the rescue workers.
8. Where is a cross discovered?
(a) Santa Lucia mountain.
(b) Santa Elena mountain.
(c) Santa Maria mountain.
(d) Santa Helena mountain.
9. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) His son is one of the survivors.
(b) He will not see his son for several weeks.
(c) There is no news about his son.
(d) His son has not survived.
10. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He prays to his patron saint.
(b) He prays to God.
(c) He thinks about his father.
(d) He thinks about his mother.
11. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just two hours.
(b) Just fifteen minutes.
(c) Just five minutes.
(d) Just one hour.
12. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
(a) They catch a flight to Santiago.
(b) They continue home.
(c) They cannot decide what to do.
(d) They reverse direction.
13. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Holding onto hope and giving up.
(b) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
(c) Having faith and having shaky faith.
(d) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
14. Where do the hikers take shelter?
(a) In an animal corral.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In an abandoned house.
15. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) a plane.
(b) A river.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
2. How is the snow under their feet?
3. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
4. Who comes across the two hikers?
5. To where do the families turn their focus?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)