|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the ice.
(b) Because of the snow storms.
(c) Because of wind patterns.
(d) Because of the lightning.
2. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
(c) At times.
3. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He thinks about his father.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He prays to his patron saint.
4. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Many hours.
(c) Just a few hours.
(d) One hour.
5. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(b) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
(c) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(d) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
6. How is the snow under their feet?
7. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His family.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Colonel.
8. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(b) The location of the Fairchild.
(c) Gifts for the survivors.
(d) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
9. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
(b) One story about his adventures.
(c) Of his adventures in the mountain.
(d) A few stories.
10. What does the next morning bring?
(a) A fog bank.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A blizzard.
11. After the first eight survivors had flown away, what do the the rest of the crash survivors do?
(a) Watch the plane fly away.
(b) Complain that they were not taken away.
(c) Play games in the snow.
(d) Return to the Fairchild.
12. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(a) Try to stay alive.
13. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
(a) A one hour drive.
(b) A fifteen minute walk.
(c) A two day ride.
(d) A one day ride.
14. How are the carabineers prepared to retrieve survivors?
(a) By plane.
(b) By boat.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By foot.
15. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
(a) The plane.
(c) Human footprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
2. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
3. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
4. Where are the survivors brought?
5. With whom do the survivors talk and eat?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)