|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) Their cross made of luggage.
(b) Their plane.
(c) Their men.
(d) The geophysicists' cross.
2. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They worry about the survivors.
(b) They feel upset for the parents.
(c) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(d) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
3. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the ice.
(b) Because of the lightning.
(c) Because of wind patterns.
(d) Because of the snow storms.
4. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To anger the other survivors.
(b) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
(c) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
(d) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
5. How many of the survivors had grown in their belief in God and wanted to share that message?
(a) A few.
(b) The minority.
(c) The majority.
6. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
(a) Human footprints.
(b) The plane.
7. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
(a) They give all the details.
(b) They omit nothing.
(c) They omit a few details.
(d) They give no real answers.
8. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) A river.
(c) a plane.
(d) A bear.
9. The sleepless night brought a morning full of hope. What do the men know without a doubt?
(a) They will be rescued next week.
(b) They will be rescued during the night.
(c) They will not be rescued for a few days.
(d) They would be rescued that day.
10. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(b) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
(c) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
(d) They will not let him fly without his passport.
11. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(b) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(c) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
(d) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
12. Who does Paez run to meet in San Fernando?
(a) His family.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Colonel.
13. How do the men go to bed feeling?
(a) Excited at the prospect of a helicopter's arrival in the morning.
(b) Frustrated that they cannot leave now.
(c) Worried about their friends still in the plane.
(d) Nervous about seeing their families.
14. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
(a) They are worried about the Andinists.
(b) They feel someone should see what their lives have been like.
(c) They are worried the Andinists will leave them.
(d) They feel someone should stay with them.
15. What does the next morning bring?
(a) A fog bank.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) An avalanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the snow under their feet?
2. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
3. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
4. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
5. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)