|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The excitement of the cross was akin to what for the survivors?
(a) A car crash.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An emotional roller coaster.
(d) A waterfall.
2. Whose body is placed on reserve?
3. What had geophysicists created?
(a) A substation.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A cross as part of a geology experiment.
(d) An avalanche.
4. To what do the family members need to adjust?
(a) The poor health of the young men.
(b) The depression from which the young men suffer.
(c) The newfound pessimism.
(d) The character changes in the young men.
5. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
(b) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
(c) To anger the other survivors.
(d) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
6. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
(b) He gets on the plane.
(c) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
(d) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
7. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
(a) Just a few hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Many hours.
(d) One hour.
8. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is destroyed.
(b) The plane is near Santiago.
(c) The plane is in a lake.
(d) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
9. What does the next morning bring?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) A fog bank.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A thunderstorm.
10. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
11. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 12,500 feet.
(b) 11,500 feet.
(c) 13,500 feet.
(d) 10,500 feet.
12. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
13. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That the men are depressed.
(b) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
(c) That the men's characters have changed.
(d) That so many died.
14. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are meeting with the colonel.
(b) They are waiting to hear for news.
(c) They are heading home.
(d) They are busy searching.
15. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(b) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
(c) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(d) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
2. What do the family members see as they fly over the lake?
3. Why is there little snow on the top of the mountain?
4. What do the men begin to do?
5. Where are the survivors brought?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)