|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is placed on reserve?
2. How are the feelings of the parents when the survivors' names are finally read?
3. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) The search has begun again.
(b) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
(c) A cross has been found.
(d) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
4. To where are the majority of the survivors then moved to celebrate the Christmas holiday?
(a) The local hotel.
(b) A local's home.
(c) A rental home.
(d) A private room in the hospital.
5. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) Their men.
(b) The geophysicists' cross.
(c) Their cross made of luggage.
(d) Their plane.
6. What is the real reason Paez Vilaro is detained?
(a) They will not let him fly without his passport.
(b) They need to find a copy of his ticket.
(c) They do not want the puppy on the plane.
(d) They had found the boys hiking and the location of the plane.
7. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
(a) For several minutes.
(b) For only a moment.
(c) For as long as possible.
(d) They did not watch them.
8. Who do the helicopters carry?
(a) The families.
(b) The action groups' commander.
(c) A group of doctors.
(d) The action group's commander, mechanics, a nurse, a medical orderly, a doctor, and members of the Andean Rescue Corps.
9. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
(b) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(c) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(d) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
10. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are busy searching.
(b) They are heading home.
(c) They are waiting to hear for news.
(d) They are meeting with the colonel.
11. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
12. What is it difficult for the family members to accept?
(a) That the men had survived by eating human flesh.
(b) That so many died.
(c) That the men's characters have changed.
(d) That the men are depressed.
13. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
(b) A few.
14. How close is it to Christmas?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
15. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) A bear.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A river.
(d) a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrives on December 12th?
2. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
3. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
4. How many survivors are flown to San Fernando?
5. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)