|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) His son has not survived.
(b) His son is one of the survivors.
(c) There is no news about his son.
(d) He will not see his son for several weeks.
2. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(c) Try to stay alive.
3. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
(a) It ends their hike.
(b) It makes it easier to breathe.
(c) It wears on their bodies and exhausts them.
(d) It forces them to turn around.
4. Is Dr. Canessa fortunate?
5. What does the next morning bring?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A fog bank.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) An avalanche.
6. How is the snow under their feet?
7. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) a plane.
(b) A bear.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A river.
8. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
(a) Because of the lightning.
(b) Because of the snow storms.
(c) Because of wind patterns.
(d) Because of the ice.
9. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
10. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
(a) They ignored the news.
(b) They thought it could possibly be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(c) They did not believe it could be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(d) They thought is could possibly be related to some local geophysicists.
11. Where is a cross discovered?
(a) Santa Lucia mountain.
(b) Santa Helena mountain.
(c) Santa Elena mountain.
(d) Santa Maria mountain.
12. What is special about Wednesday, December 20th?
(a) It is the day the survivors are saved.
(b) It is the day the survivors give up.
(c) It is the day the families find out about the location of the Fairchild.
(d) It is a turning point for the survivors.
13. Whose body is placed on reserve?
14. What do the survivors discover when listening to the radio?
(a) Two of the Fairchild's passengers have walked out of the Andes.
(b) The search has, once again, been cancelled.
(c) A cross has been found.
(d) The search has begun again.
15. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
(b) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
(c) Something will go wrong.
(d) Their friends will not make it through the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
2. What had geophysicists created?
3. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
4. How far are Canessa and Parrado from the nearest town called San Fernando?
5. Who do the helicopters carry?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)