|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paez Vilaro think he gets detained by the international police?
(a) Because of the puppy.
(b) Because he has lost his ticket.
(c) Because he does not have a passport.
(d) Because they found the plane.
2. Why are this many people rescued first?
(a) To advertise this extraordinary rescue.
(b) To care for them without incurring any undue danger.
(c) To anger the other survivors.
(d) To prepare the others for the flight later in the day.
3. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(a) A geological site.
(b) A cross in the snow.
(c) A plane.
4. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
(b) He gets on the plane.
(c) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
(d) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
5. What had geophysicists created?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A substation.
(c) A cross as part of a geology experiment.
(d) An avalanche.
6. What news is given to Dr. Canessa?
(a) There is no news about his son.
(b) He will not see his son for several weeks.
(c) His son has not survived.
(d) His son is one of the survivors.
7. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
(a) A bear.
(b) Another avalanche.
(c) A rescue helicopter.
(d) An earthquake.
8. How is the snow under their feet?
9. Why are the pilots of the broken-down C-47 also disappointed?
(a) They feel upset for the parents.
(b) They had both flown the Fairchild.
(c) They were friends with the Fairchild's pilot and co-pilot.
(d) They worry about the survivors.
10. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
(a) More food and pleasant conversation.
(b) Blankets and medicine.
(c) Food and shelter.
(d) Stories and firewood.
11. On what day are the survivors reunited with each other and with their families?
(a) December 22nd.
(b) December 20th.
(c) December 21st.
(d) December 23rd.
12. Why is Diaz summoned back by the survivors?
(a) They are worried about the Andinists.
(b) They feel someone should see what their lives have been like.
(c) They feel someone should stay with them.
(d) They are worried the Andinists will leave them.
13. How do the survivors feel when Vizintin comes sliding back to camp?
14. What time does the helicopter arrive to pick up the last survivors?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
15. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
(b) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
(c) Holding onto hope and giving up.
(d) Having faith and having shaky faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
2. How do the men go to bed feeling?
3. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
4. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
5. How many carabineers arrived and asked for directions to the plane?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)