|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(a) Sounds of planes.
2. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
(a) He calls his wife.
(b) He heads home.
(c) He heads to Santiago.
(d) He heads back to San Fernando.
3. What does the transistor radio say has been found?
(b) A geological site.
(c) A plane.
(d) A cross in the snow.
4. It had taken Parrado and Canessa ten days to reach the cattle post, and it took the helicopters how long to get to the plane?
(a) Just five minutes.
(b) Just one hour.
(c) Just fifteen minutes.
(d) Just two hours.
5. Where do the hikers take shelter?
(a) In an abandoned house.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In an animal corral.
6. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
(a) Their meat source is getting low.
(b) They want to start burying the bodies.
(c) They want to find all of the bodies.
(d) They miss their friends.
7. How close is it to Christmas?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
8. What does Paez do upon receiving this news?
(a) He gets on the plane.
(b) He runs to tell his friend, Rodriguez, who is already on the plane.
(c) He runs outside and gets in a taxi.
(d) He finds another flight to San Fernando.
9. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To find the hikers.
(b) To contact the survivors.
(c) To contact the president of Uruguay.
(d) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
10. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
(a) They give all the details.
(b) They omit a few details.
(c) They give no real answers.
(d) They omit nothing.
11. How does the extreme altitude affect the boys?
(a) It forces them to turn around.
(b) It ends their hike.
(c) It wears on their bodies and exhausts them.
(d) It makes it easier to breathe.
12. To where do the families turn their focus?
(a) The area around Quito.
(b) The area around the top of Mount Helena.
(c) An area near Santiago.
(d) The area around the volcano and lake.
13. What does Canessa do continuously during the hike?
(a) He thinks about his mother.
(b) He prays to his patron saint.
(c) He prays to God.
(d) He thinks about his father.
14. Do the helicopters evacuate the survivors immediately?
(c) A few.
15. Why do the boys not kill the cow?
(a) They do not want to eat beef.
(b) They are not hungry.
(c) They do not know how to kill the cow.
(d) They are looking for help, not enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the night what does Diaz tell the survivors?
2. What do Harley and Nicolich do when they hear the news?
3. Why is it dangerous to fly midday in the Andes?
4. Is it easy to slip back into the lives the men had left behind?
5. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)