|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this man say to the family members?
(a) It is likely there are survivors and he grants their request.
(b) It is unlikely there are survivors but he grants their request.
(c) It is likely there are survivors but he does not grant their request.
(d) it is unlikely there are survivors and does not grant their request.
2. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Fix the transistor radio.
(b) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(c) Make the plane functional.
(d) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(b) Enough qualified teachers.
(c) Adequate text books.
4. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
(b) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
(c) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
5. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
(b) Not surprised.
6. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
7. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Croiset's visions.
(b) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) Their sons.
(d) Their husbands.
8. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(c) He cannot keep food down.
(d) He does not want to eat.
9. How does Paez Vilar become known?
(a) As the man who has lost his mind.
(b) As the only man to go looking for his son.
(c) As an intelligent man.
(d) As the foolish man searching for his lost son.
10. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
(a) Someone has gone missing.
(b) Someone had extra food on the plane but did not tell anyone.
(c) Someone is pilfering extra food.
(d) Someone is hiding bodies.
11. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) The ceiling collapses.
(b) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(c) The men had brought it into the plane.
(d) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
12. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(b) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
13. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(b) The plane may still be functional.
(c) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(d) The cockpit radio will work.
14. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) A broken leg in many places.
(b) A lung infection.
(c) Broken ribs.
(d) A gaping stomach wound.
15. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(c) The Virgin of Garabandal.
(d) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
2. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
3. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
4. Who is the only surviving woman?
5. Who comforts Marcelo?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)