|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
(b) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
(c) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
(d) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
2. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(b) Very little.
3. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) Depressed and hopeless.
(b) Angry and hysterical.
(c) More impatient with the lack of progress.
(d) Content with what is being done.
4. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
(a) They ignore the parents completely.
(b) They agree to the parents' petition.
(c) They consider the petition.
(d) They refuse the parents' petition.
5. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) November 12.
(b) September 12.
(c) December 12.
(d) October 12.
6. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
(a) He has seen debris from the crash.
(b) He is also a clairvoyant.
(c) It is rumored that he saw the crash.
(d) He will lead them through the mountains to search for their children.
7. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
(a) The SRA.
(b) The RAS.
(c) The ARS.
(d) The SAR.
8. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(b) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
9. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
(a) The strongest among the survivors.
(b) The couples.
(c) The weak and sick.
(d) The injured.
10. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
(a) It gives them hope.
(b) It gives them a sense of peace.
(c) It keeps them updated and connected to the search.
(d) It encourages them.
11. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Chile and Paraguay.
(b) Argentina and Chile.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
12. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
(a) Everyone survived.
(b) There are no survivors.
(c) There are survivors.
(d) Only two survived the crash.
13. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Begin their own search.
(c) Share it with another clairvoyant.
(d) Ignore it.
14. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(a) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
(c) The Virgin of Garabandal.
15. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Democrats and Republicans.
(b) Colorados and Coronados.
(c) Blancos and Negros.
(d) BIancos and Colorados.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does summer begin in the Andes?
2. What happens on December 11th?
3. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
4. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
5. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)