|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
2. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Arrive in Santiago.
(b) Call each other.
(c) Arrive in Montevideo.
(d) Arrive in Quito.
3. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) BIancos and Colorados.
(b) Colorados and Coronados.
(c) Democrats and Republicans.
(d) Blancos and Negros.
4. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
(a) Hysterical reactions.
(b) Their visits outside the plane.
(c) The amount of talking they do.
(d) Depressing conversations.
5. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
(a) It is painted white.
(b) It is in hundreds of pieces.
(c) It is very small.
(d) It is on it's side.
6. What had the men rigged?
(a) A walkie-talkie.
(b) A transistor radio.
(c) A telephone.
(d) The cockpit radio.
7. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is left in the snow.
(b) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
(c) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
(d) It is thrown into the plane.
8. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
9. To what do the men return?
(b) A feeling of home.
(c) The squalor they had been living in.
(d) Their hike out of the mountains.
10. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
(a) He is the pilot.
(b) He is the complainer.
(c) He is the organizer.
(d) He is team captain.
11. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Their sons.
(b) Their husbands.
(c) Croiset's visions.
(d) The Uruguayan Air Force.
12. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Chile.
(b) Brazil and Paraguay.
(c) Argentina and Brazil.
(d) Chile and Paraguay.
13. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(b) Fix the transistor radio.
(c) Make the plane functional.
(d) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
14. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(b) Enough qualified teachers.
(c) The religious qualities the parents sought.
15. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) End the search.
(b) Change the focus of the search.
(c) Continue on the same search.
(d) Begin a search.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did the pilots have experience flying over the Andes mountains?
2. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
3. When does summer begin in the Andes?
4. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
5. Who is the only surviving woman?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)