|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
(a) The couples.
(b) The injured.
(c) The strongest among the survivors.
(d) The weak and sick.
2. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is left in the snow.
(b) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
(c) It is thrown into the plane.
(d) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
3. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It causes it to begin early.
(b) It pushes it back from January to February.
(c) It pushes it back from February to March.
(d) It ends it completely.
4. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
(b) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
(c) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
(d) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
5. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(c) Very little.
6. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
(b) A new leader.
(c) Radical changes.
7. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) Angry and hysterical.
(b) Content with what is being done.
(c) Depressed and hopeless.
(d) More impatient with the lack of progress.
8. What do the men do in Santiago?
(a) They wait for assistance from the military.
(b) They meet with a clairvoyant.
(c) They hire a search team.
(d) They split into teams.
9. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(b) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(c) The cockpit radio will work.
(d) The plane may still be functional.
10. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They learn that their sons are dead.
(b) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(c) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
(d) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
11. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) A broken leg in many places.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) A lung infection.
(d) A gaping stomach wound.
12. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Share it with another clairvoyant.
(d) Begin their own search.
13. To what do the men return?
(a) Their hike out of the mountains.
(b) A feeling of home.
(d) The squalor they had been living in.
14. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
15. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
(a) They should hike out of the mountains.
(b) He should hike alone back to the Fairchild.
(c) They should not risk their lives hiking again unless all their other options have been exhausted.
(d) They should leave quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
2. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
3. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
4. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
5. Who is the only surviving woman?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)