|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Arrive in Montevideo.
(b) Arrive in Quito.
(c) Arrive in Santiago.
(d) Call each other.
2. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) A gaping stomach wound.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) A lung infection.
(d) Broken ribs.
3. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A rugby player.
(b) A spy.
(c) A rescue worker.
(d) A clairvoyant.
4. Who comforts Marcelo?
(a) Eduardo Strauch.
(b) Enrique Platero.
(c) Daniel Fernandez.
(d) Fito (Adolfo) Strauch.
5. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
6. What else do these women still believe?
(a) The Uruguayan government will find the plane.
(b) Their sons are dead.
(c) Their sons are alive.
(d) God will save their children.
7. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(a) The Virgin of Garabandal.
(d) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
8. Did the pilots have experience flying over the Andes mountains?
(a) Lagurara did.
(d) Ferradas did.
9. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Chile and Paraguay.
(b) Argentina and Brazil.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Chile.
10. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Blancos and Negros.
(b) Colorados and Coronados.
(c) BIancos and Colorados.
(d) Democrats and Republicans.
11. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
(a) He is team captain.
(b) He is the organizer.
(c) He is the complainer.
(d) He is the pilot.
12. What do the men do in Santiago?
(a) They meet with a clairvoyant.
(b) They hire a search team.
(c) They split into teams.
(d) They wait for assistance from the military.
13. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(b) He does not want to eat.
(c) He cannot keep food down.
(d) He is not feeling well.
14. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
(b) They learn that their sons are dead.
(c) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(d) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
15. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
(a) They do not trust the military men.
(b) The first plane cannot be repaired.
(c) They are afraid to ride on the first plane.
(d) They are unwilling to waste any more time waiting for the first plane to be fixed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had snow entered the plane?
2. When does section three open?
3. What is done with the luggage?
4. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
5. The radio team heard news that the search would be resumed by the Uruguayan Air Force. What does this information bring?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)