|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this man say to the family members?
(a) It is likely there are survivors and he grants their request.
(b) It is likely there are survivors but he does not grant their request.
(c) It is unlikely there are survivors but he grants their request.
(d) it is unlikely there are survivors and does not grant their request.
2. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(b) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
(c) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
(d) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
3. What are the Chilean military police called?
(b) Policia militar.
4. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
(a) He is the pilot.
(b) He is the organizer.
(c) He is the complainer.
(d) He is team captain.
5. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
(b) Radical changes.
(d) A new leader.
6. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(b) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
7. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
(a) When the government pushes them to begin a search.
(b) When they receive financial support from the parents.
(c) When they find new evidence.
(d) When the parents threaten to sue.
8. How does Croiset feel about the passengers?
(a) He believes there is one survivor.
(b) He believes only the pilots survived.
(c) He believes there are suvivors.
(d) He doubts there are survivors.
9. When does section three open?
(a) On the ninth day of the survivors' struggle.
(b) On the fifteenth day of the survivors' struggle.
(c) On the fifth day of the survivors' struggle.
(d) On the twentieth day of the survivors' struggle.
10. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) September 12.
(b) November 12.
(c) October 12.
(d) December 12.
11. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
(a) The rats.
(b) The bears.
(c) The condors.
(d) The eagles.
12. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He does not want to eat.
(d) He cannot keep food down.
13. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
(a) They use the oxygen tanks.
(b) They used a metal rod to puncture the snow outside.
(c) They break off the roof.
(d) They go out the back of the plane.
14. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Their husbands.
(c) Their sons.
(d) Croiset's visions.
15. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Share it with another clairvoyant.
(b) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) Begin their own search.
(d) Ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else do these women still believe?
2. Who is the only surviving woman?
3. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
4. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
5. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)