|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(b) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) September 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) October 12.
(d) November 12.
3. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They are the weakest.
(b) They have training as Andinists.
(c) They are the most excited about returning home.
(d) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
4. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
(a) They break off the roof.
(b) They use the oxygen tanks.
(c) They go out the back of the plane.
(d) They used a metal rod to puncture the snow outside.
5. Who comforts Marcelo?
(a) Fito (Adolfo) Strauch.
(b) Daniel Fernandez.
(c) Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Enrique Platero.
6. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
(a) It gives them a sense of peace.
(b) It keeps them updated and connected to the search.
(c) It gives them hope.
(d) It encourages them.
7. Who found himself covered in snow?
(a) Enrique Platero.
(b) Eduardo Strauch.
(c) Roy Harley.
(d) Liliana Methol.
8. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) A punctured lung.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) A cracked skull.
(d) An ugly gaping wound.
9. On what does the search focus?
(a) The path of the plane.
(b) The pilot's comments about seeing Curico.
(c) The Chilean border.
(d) The volcano of Tinguiririca.
10. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
(a) They should hike out of the mountains.
(b) They should leave quickly.
(c) He should hike alone back to the Fairchild.
(d) They should not risk their lives hiking again unless all their other options have been exhausted.
11. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It pushes it back from February to March.
(b) It pushes it back from January to February.
(c) It ends it completely.
(d) It causes it to begin early.
12. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(a) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
(c) The Virgin of Garabandal.
13. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include people on the ground.
(b) To include the Chilean government.
(c) To include the United States.
(d) To include the surrounding countries.
14. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(b) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(d) Enough qualified teachers.
15. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
(a) When the parents threaten to sue.
(b) When the government pushes them to begin a search.
(c) When they receive financial support from the parents.
(d) When they find new evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
2. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
3. What is done with the luggage?
4. How does Paez Vilar become known?
5. What are the Chilean military police called?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)