|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) End the search.
(b) Change the focus of the search.
(c) Begin a search.
(d) Continue on the same search.
2. How does Croiset feel about the passengers?
(a) He believes there are suvivors.
(b) He believes only the pilots survived.
(c) He doubts there are survivors.
(d) He believes there is one survivor.
3. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) A punctured lung.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) An ugly gaping wound.
(d) A cracked skull.
4. What had the men rigged?
(a) A walkie-talkie.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A transistor radio.
(d) The cockpit radio.
5. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
(a) They are a sign of disease.
(b) They are a sign of life and summer coming to the Andes.
(c) They are food.
(d) They are enemies.
6. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They had warm blankets.
(b) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(c) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(d) They screamed for help.
7. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
(b) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
(c) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
8. What happens on December 11th?
(a) The plane searches but does not find the men.
(b) The plane does not take off due to engine problems.
(c) The plane crashes in the Andes.
(d) The propellers stop turning and the pilot performs an emergency landing.
9. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
10. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A spy.
(b) A clairvoyant.
(c) A rescue worker.
(d) A rugby player.
11. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
(a) Play a championship game in Equador.
(b) Play a championship game in Chile.
(c) Play a championship game in Argentina.
(d) Play a championship game in the United States.
12. What is the only way to improve visibility?
(a) To travel by foot.
(b) To fly low.
(c) To use binoculars.
(d) To wait until the weather improves.
13. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(b) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
14. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(a) Very little.
15. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
(a) When the government pushes them to begin a search.
(b) When they find new evidence.
(c) When they receive financial support from the parents.
(d) When the parents threaten to sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
2. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
3. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
4. Who are the two major political parties?
5. How had snow entered the plane?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)