|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do the men return?
(a) A feeling of home.
(b) Their hike out of the mountains.
(d) The squalor they had been living in.
2. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
(a) He has seen debris from the crash.
(b) He is also a clairvoyant.
(c) He will lead them through the mountains to search for their children.
(d) It is rumored that he saw the crash.
3. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(b) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
(c) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(d) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
4. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
(a) The United States government.
(b) The Chilean government.
(c) The Uruguayan government.
(d) The team captain.
5. What does this man say to the family members?
(a) it is unlikely there are survivors and does not grant their request.
(b) It is likely there are survivors and he grants their request.
(c) It is likely there are survivors but he does not grant their request.
(d) It is unlikely there are survivors but he grants their request.
6. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Croiset's visions.
(c) Their husbands.
(d) Their sons.
7. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) An ugly gaping wound.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) A punctured lung.
(d) A cracked skull.
8. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Colorados and Coronados.
(b) Democrats and Republicans.
(c) BIancos and Colorados.
(d) Blancos and Negros.
9. What do the men do in Santiago?
(a) They hire a search team.
(b) They wait for assistance from the military.
(c) They split into teams.
(d) They meet with a clairvoyant.
10. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
(a) They are a sign of life and summer coming to the Andes.
(b) They are food.
(c) They are a sign of disease.
(d) They are enemies.
11. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A spy.
(b) A clairvoyant.
(c) A rescue worker.
(d) A rugby player.
12. What happens on December 11th?
(a) The plane does not take off due to engine problems.
(b) The plane crashes in the Andes.
(c) The propellers stop turning and the pilot performs an emergency landing.
(d) The plane searches but does not find the men.
13. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) A lung infection.
(b) A gaping stomach wound.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) Broken ribs.
14. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) October 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) November 12.
(d) September 12.
15. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
(b) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(c) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
(d) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
2. When does summer begin in the Andes?
3. Why do tensions rise?
4. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
5. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)