|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He cannot keep food down.
(c) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(d) He does not want to eat.
2. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
(a) The commander-in-chief of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) The President of Uruguay.
(c) A clairvoyant.
(d) A grief counselor.
3. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
(a) Someone is hiding bodies.
(b) Someone is pilfering extra food.
(c) Someone has gone missing.
(d) Someone had extra food on the plane but did not tell anyone.
4. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
(b) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(c) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
(d) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
5. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include the United States.
(b) To include the Chilean government.
(c) To include the surrounding countries.
(d) To include people on the ground.
6. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
(b) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
(c) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
(d) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
7. What revolutionary group was born?
(a) The Tupamaros.
(b) The Tuperwares.
(c) The Tuiricas.
(d) The Ticonderogas.
8. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are a sign of life and summer coming to the Andes.
(c) They are food.
(d) They are a sign of disease.
9. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
(a) They agree to the parents' petition.
(b) They refuse the parents' petition.
(c) They ignore the parents completely.
(d) They consider the petition.
10. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Threaten them.
(b) Remain upbeat.
(c) Encourage group prayer.
(d) Force them to be happy.
11. What else do these women still believe?
(a) Their sons are alive.
(b) The Uruguayan government will find the plane.
(c) God will save their children.
(d) Their sons are dead.
12. Who found himself covered in snow?
(a) Enrique Platero.
(b) Roy Harley.
(c) Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Liliana Methol.
13. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
(a) A new leader.
(b) Radical changes.
14. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Their husbands.
(b) Their sons.
(c) Croiset's visions.
(d) The Uruguayan Air Force.
15. What happens on December 11th?
(a) The plane searches but does not find the men.
(b) The plane crashes in the Andes.
(c) The plane does not take off due to engine problems.
(d) The propellers stop turning and the pilot performs an emergency landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Marcelo?
2. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
4. How does Croiset feel about the passengers?
5. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)