|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do tensions rise?
(a) The survivors are tired of one another.
(b) The survivors are all dying.
(c) The survivors do not want to go on.
(d) The radio is not an easy task and various survivors have different views on rationing food and productivity.
2. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Chile and Paraguay.
(b) Argentina and Brazil.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Chile.
3. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
(a) When it becomes apparent that no amount of tinkering could produce a working two-way radio.
(b) When they become hungry.
(c) When they decide to take the luggage back to the plane.
(d) When an avalanche buries the tail of the plane.
4. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are a sign of life and summer coming to the Andes.
(c) They are food.
(d) They are a sign of disease.
5. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
(d) Not surprised.
6. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Share it with another clairvoyant.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(d) Begin their own search.
7. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
(b) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
(c) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
(d) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
8. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
(b) They learn that their sons are dead.
(c) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(d) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
9. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
(a) They are afraid to ride on the first plane.
(b) The first plane cannot be repaired.
(c) They do not trust the military men.
(d) They are unwilling to waste any more time waiting for the first plane to be fixed.
10. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
(a) It is rumored that he saw the crash.
(b) He has seen debris from the crash.
(c) He is also a clairvoyant.
(d) He will lead them through the mountains to search for their children.
11. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
(a) The amount of talking they do.
(b) Depressing conversations.
(c) Hysterical reactions.
(d) Their visits outside the plane.
12. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Their husbands.
(b) Croiset's visions.
(c) Their sons.
(d) The Uruguayan Air Force.
13. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
(b) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
(c) It is left in the snow.
(d) It is thrown into the plane.
14. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) An ugly gaping wound.
(b) A broken leg in many places.
(c) A cracked skull.
(d) A punctured lung.
15. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
(a) He had encouraged the others to take the trip.
(b) He told the pilots on which course to fly.
(c) He crashed the plane.
(d) He hired the plane and pilots.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the men return?
2. What is the only way to improve visibility?
3. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
4. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
5. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)