|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Mariela Fernandez.
(b) Analisia Marco.
(c) Raquel Welsh.
(d) Liliana Methol.
2. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) There are no survivors.
(b) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
(c) Only a couple of men survive.
(d) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
3. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
(c) Buenos Aires.
4. Why do tensions rise?
(a) The survivors are all dying.
(b) The survivors are tired of one another.
(c) The survivors do not want to go on.
(d) The radio is not an easy task and various survivors have different views on rationing food and productivity.
5. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
6. As a group, how are the survivors becoming?
(a) Uncertain but hopeful.
(b) Irritable and depressed.
(c) Cheerful and hopeful.
(d) Positive and upbeat.
7. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
(b) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
(c) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
(d) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
8. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(b) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(c) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
(d) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
9. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
10. On what does the search focus?
(a) The pilot's comments about seeing Curico.
(b) The path of the plane.
(c) The volcano of Tinguiririca.
(d) The Chilean border.
11. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
(a) It is painted white.
(b) It is on it's side.
(c) It is very small.
(d) It is in hundreds of pieces.
12. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
(a) He should hike alone back to the Fairchild.
(b) They should not risk their lives hiking again unless all their other options have been exhausted.
(c) They should leave quickly.
(d) They should hike out of the mountains.
13. What does Paez Vilaro do to find the lost rugby players?
(a) He contacts a clairvoyant.
(b) He calls his friends in the United States for help.
(c) He mounts his own search.
(d) He talks to a water diviner.
14. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
(a) More impatient with the lack of progress.
(b) Depressed and hopeless.
(c) Angry and hysterical.
(d) Content with what is being done.
15. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(b) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(c) Enough qualified teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
2. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
3. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
4. What is the lack of nutrients doing to the survivors' bodies?
5. To what do the men return?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)