|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paez Vilar become known?
(a) As the man who has lost his mind.
(b) As the foolish man searching for his lost son.
(c) As an intelligent man.
(d) As the only man to go looking for his son.
2. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(b) Enough qualified teachers.
(c) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(d) Adequate text books.
3. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
4. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Arrive in Santiago.
(b) Arrive in Quito.
(c) Call each other.
(d) Arrive in Montevideo.
5. What does this man say to the family members?
(a) It is unlikely there are survivors but he grants their request.
(b) it is unlikely there are survivors and does not grant their request.
(c) It is likely there are survivors and he grants their request.
(d) It is likely there are survivors but he does not grant their request.
6. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
(a) The Chilean government.
(b) The team captain.
(c) The Uruguayan government.
(d) The United States government.
7. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
(a) When it becomes apparent that no amount of tinkering could produce a working two-way radio.
(b) When they decide to take the luggage back to the plane.
(c) When an avalanche buries the tail of the plane.
(d) When they become hungry.
8. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
(b) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(c) They learn that their sons are dead.
(d) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
9. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Threaten them.
(b) Force them to be happy.
(c) Encourage group prayer.
(d) Remain upbeat.
10. On what does the search focus?
(a) The volcano of Tinguiririca.
(b) The pilot's comments about seeing Curico.
(c) The Chilean border.
(d) The path of the plane.
11. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Share it with another clairvoyant.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Begin their own search.
12. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He does not want to eat.
(b) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(c) He cannot keep food down.
(d) He is not feeling well.
13. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
(a) When the parents threaten to sue.
(b) When they find new evidence.
(c) When the government pushes them to begin a search.
(d) When they receive financial support from the parents.
14. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
(a) Not surprised.
15. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) Their husbands.
(c) Their sons.
(d) Croiset's visions.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
2. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
3. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
4. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
5. What else do these women still believe?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)