|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found himself covered in snow?
(a) Enrique Platero.
(b) Eduardo Strauch.
(c) Roy Harley.
(d) Liliana Methol.
2. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
(a) Everyone survived.
(b) There are survivors.
(c) There are no survivors.
(d) Only two survived the crash.
3. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
4. Did the pilots have experience flying over the Andes mountains?
(c) Ferradas did.
(d) Lagurara did.
5. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
(a) Play a championship game in the United States.
(b) Play a championship game in Chile.
(c) Play a championship game in Equador.
(d) Play a championship game in Argentina.
6. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Fix the transistor radio.
(b) Make the plane functional.
(c) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
(d) Make the cockpit radio functional.
7. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
8. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
(a) It keeps them updated and connected to the search.
(b) It encourages them.
(c) It gives them hope.
(d) It gives them a sense of peace.
9. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
(a) When they become hungry.
(b) When it becomes apparent that no amount of tinkering could produce a working two-way radio.
(c) When they decide to take the luggage back to the plane.
(d) When an avalanche buries the tail of the plane.
10. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It causes it to begin early.
(b) It pushes it back from February to March.
(c) It ends it completely.
(d) It pushes it back from January to February.
11. What else do these women still believe?
(a) The Uruguayan government will find the plane.
(b) Their sons are alive.
(c) Their sons are dead.
(d) God will save their children.
12. What had the men rigged?
(a) The cockpit radio.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A walkie-talkie.
(d) A transistor radio.
13. Why do tensions rise?
(a) The survivors do not want to go on.
(b) The survivors are tired of one another.
(c) The survivors are all dying.
(d) The radio is not an easy task and various survivors have different views on rationing food and productivity.
14. The radio team heard news that the search would be resumed by the Uruguayan Air Force. What does this information bring?
(c) Mixed emotions.
15. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
(a) Their food supply had been buried in the avalanche.
(b) They were afraid to go outside to the other bodies.
(c) Their was no other food on the plane.
(d) They wanted to use up the meat that was closest to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
2. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
3. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
4. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
5. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)