|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
(a) They agree to the parents' petition.
(b) They refuse the parents' petition.
(c) They ignore the parents completely.
(d) They consider the petition.
2. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
(a) Buenos Aires.
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(b) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(d) Enough qualified teachers.
4. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) A gaping stomach wound.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) A lung infection.
(d) A broken leg in many places.
5. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
(a) Someone is pilfering extra food.
(b) Someone has gone missing.
(c) Someone had extra food on the plane but did not tell anyone.
(d) Someone is hiding bodies.
6. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A rescue worker.
(b) A spy.
(c) A clairvoyant.
(d) A rugby player.
7. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Force them to be happy.
(b) Remain upbeat.
(c) Threaten them.
(d) Encourage group prayer.
8. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Call each other.
(b) Arrive in Santiago.
(c) Arrive in Montevideo.
(d) Arrive in Quito.
9. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
(b) They have training as Andinists.
(c) They are the most excited about returning home.
(d) They are the weakest.
10. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
(b) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(c) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(d) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
11. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
(a) They break off the roof.
(b) They go out the back of the plane.
(c) They use the oxygen tanks.
(d) They used a metal rod to puncture the snow outside.
12. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
(b) Only a couple of men survive.
(c) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
(d) There are no survivors.
13. What had the men rigged?
(a) The cockpit radio.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A transistor radio.
14. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It ends it completely.
(b) It pushes it back from January to February.
(c) It pushes it back from February to March.
(d) It causes it to begin early.
15. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Mariela Fernandez.
(b) Analisia Marco.
(c) Liliana Methol.
(d) Raquel Welsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
2. Who are the two major political parties?
3. Why do tensions rise?
4. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
5. Who comforts Marcelo?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)