|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
(a) The commander-in-chief of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(b) A clairvoyant.
(c) A grief counselor.
(d) The President of Uruguay.
2. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
(a) He contacts the Air Force.
(b) He uses his radio to shuttle information between the families and officials.
(c) He calls his friends in the United States.
(d) He uses his clairvoyant visions to find the plane.
3. What does Paez Vilaro do to find the lost rugby players?
(a) He contacts a clairvoyant.
(b) He mounts his own search.
(c) He talks to a water diviner.
(d) He calls his friends in the United States for help.
4. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Force them to be happy.
(b) Threaten them.
(c) Encourage group prayer.
(d) Remain upbeat.
5. As a group, how are the survivors becoming?
(a) Cheerful and hopeful.
(b) Uncertain but hopeful.
(c) Positive and upbeat.
(d) Irritable and depressed.
6. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) December 12.
(b) November 12.
(c) September 12.
(d) October 12.
7. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
(a) He will lead them through the mountains to search for their children.
(b) He has seen debris from the crash.
(c) It is rumored that he saw the crash.
(d) He is also a clairvoyant.
8. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
(a) The condors.
(b) The rats.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The bears.
9. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
10. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They have training as Andinists.
(b) They are the most excited about returning home.
(c) They are the weakest.
(d) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
11. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The plane may still be functional.
(b) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(c) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(d) The cockpit radio will work.
12. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(b) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
(c) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
(d) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
13. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Raquel Welsh.
(b) Liliana Methol.
(c) Mariela Fernandez.
(d) Analisia Marco.
14. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) An ugly gaping wound.
(b) A cracked skull.
(c) A punctured lung.
(d) A broken leg in many places.
15. How does Croiset feel about the passengers?
(a) He believes there are suvivors.
(b) He doubts there are survivors.
(c) He believes there is one survivor.
(d) He believes only the pilots survived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
2. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
3. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
4. When does summer begin in the Andes?
5. What is the only way to improve visibility?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)