|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does section three open?
(a) On the fifth day of the survivors' struggle.
(b) On the twentieth day of the survivors' struggle.
(c) On the fifteenth day of the survivors' struggle.
(d) On the ninth day of the survivors' struggle.
2. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) A cracked skull.
(b) A punctured lung.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) An ugly gaping wound.
3. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Analisia Marco.
(b) Mariela Fernandez.
(c) Liliana Methol.
(d) Raquel Welsh.
4. Who comforts Marcelo?
(a) Enrique Platero.
(b) Daniel Fernandez.
(c) Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Fito (Adolfo) Strauch.
5. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
(a) Only the women.
(b) The strongest men.
(c) The injured and couples.
(d) A few men.
6. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Fix the transistor radio.
(b) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
(c) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(d) Make the plane functional.
7. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
(b) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
(c) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
(d) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
8. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A rescue worker.
(b) A rugby player.
(c) A clairvoyant.
(d) A spy.
9. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
(a) The ARS.
(b) The RAS.
(c) The SRA.
(d) The SAR.
10. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(a) Very little.
11. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(b) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
(c) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(d) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
12. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include people on the ground.
(b) To include the United States.
(c) To include the surrounding countries.
(d) To include the Chilean government.
13. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
(b) It is left in the snow.
(c) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
(d) It is thrown into the plane.
14. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
(b) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
(c) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(d) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
15. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
(a) The rats.
(b) The bears.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The condors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
2. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
3. To what do the men return?
4. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
5. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)