|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revolutionary group was born?
(a) The Tupamaros.
(b) The Ticonderogas.
(c) The Tuiricas.
(d) The Tuperwares.
2. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They learn that their sons are dead.
(b) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(c) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
(d) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
3. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) September 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) November 12.
(d) October 12.
4. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
5. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(b) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(c) They had warm blankets.
(d) They screamed for help.
6. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
(a) Not surprised.
7. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) January 15th.
(b) December 15th.
(c) November 15th.
(d) June 15th.
8. To what do the men return?
(a) A feeling of home.
(c) Their hike out of the mountains.
(d) The squalor they had been living in.
9. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(b) Fix the transistor radio.
(c) Make the plane functional.
(d) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
10. The radio team heard news that the search would be resumed by the Uruguayan Air Force. What does this information bring?
(b) Mixed emotions.
11. What else do these women still believe?
(a) Their sons are alive.
(b) Their sons are dead.
(c) God will save their children.
(d) The Uruguayan government will find the plane.
12. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
(a) He hired the plane and pilots.
(b) He told the pilots on which course to fly.
(c) He crashed the plane.
(d) He had encouraged the others to take the trip.
13. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(c) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(d) Enough qualified teachers.
14. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A rescue worker.
(b) A clairvoyant.
(c) A spy.
(d) A rugby player.
15. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
(a) He is the organizer.
(b) He is the pilot.
(c) He is team captain.
(d) He is the complainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two major political parties?
2. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
3. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
4. Who is among the last to be found?
5. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)