Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(a) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
(d) The Virgin of Garabandal.
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) December 12.
(b) October 12.
(c) November 12.
(d) September 12.
3. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Adequate text books.
(c) Enough qualified teachers.
(d) The religious qualities the parents sought.
4. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Chile.
(b) Chile and Paraguay.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
5. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(d) Very little.
6. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
(a) He uses his radio to shuttle information between the families and officials.
(b) He contacts the Air Force.
(c) He calls his friends in the United States.
(d) He uses his clairvoyant visions to find the plane.
7. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A clairvoyant.
(b) A rescue worker.
(c) A spy.
(d) A rugby player.
8. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(b) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
(c) Fix the transistor radio.
(d) Make the plane functional.
9. To buoy their spirits, what does Marcelo try to do?
(a) Encourage group prayer.
(b) Remain upbeat.
(c) Force them to be happy.
(d) Threaten them.
10. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(b) They screamed for help.
(c) They had warm blankets.
(d) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
11. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
(a) He hired the plane and pilots.
(b) He had encouraged the others to take the trip.
(c) He told the pilots on which course to fly.
(d) He crashed the plane.
12. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Analisia Marco.
(b) Mariela Fernandez.
(c) Raquel Welsh.
(d) Liliana Methol.
13. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
(a) Someone is hiding bodies.
(b) Someone is pilfering extra food.
(c) Someone had extra food on the plane but did not tell anyone.
(d) Someone has gone missing.
14. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is thrown into the plane.
(b) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
(c) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
(d) It is left in the snow.
15. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
(a) They learn that their sons are dead.
(b) They accompany military personnel aboard a plane in search of their children.
(c) They meet with the Uruguayan president.
(d) They wait for a plane to arrive to search for their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
2. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
3. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
4. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
5. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)