|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(b) The Virgin of Garabandal.
(c) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
2. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) November 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) September 12.
(d) October 12.
3. What had the men rigged?
(a) A transistor radio.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A walkie-talkie.
(d) The cockpit radio.
4. What does Paez Vilaro do to find the lost rugby players?
(a) He calls his friends in the United States for help.
(b) He talks to a water diviner.
(c) He mounts his own search.
(d) He contacts a clairvoyant.
5. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) The men had brought it into the plane.
(b) The ceiling collapses.
(c) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(d) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
6. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) A gaping stomach wound.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) A lung infection.
7. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It pushes it back from January to February.
(b) It pushes it back from February to March.
(c) It causes it to begin early.
(d) It ends it completely.
8. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Arrive in Quito.
(b) Call each other.
(c) Arrive in Santiago.
(d) Arrive in Montevideo.
9. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Chile and Paraguay.
(b) Argentina and Chile.
(c) Argentina and Brazil.
(d) Brazil and Paraguay.
10. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
(a) Depressing conversations.
(b) The amount of talking they do.
(c) Their visits outside the plane.
(d) Hysterical reactions.
11. Even if the plane is not buried in snow, why would it still be hard to see?
(a) It is on it's side.
(b) It is very small.
(c) It is painted white.
(d) It is in hundreds of pieces.
12. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
(a) They refuse the parents' petition.
(b) They consider the petition.
(c) They agree to the parents' petition.
(d) They ignore the parents completely.
13. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
(a) The RAS.
(b) The SAR.
(c) The SRA.
(d) The ARS.
14. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are a sign of life and summer coming to the Andes.
(c) They are a sign of disease.
(d) They are food.
15. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
2. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
3. From what does Echavarren suffer?
4. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
5. What is the only way to improve visibility?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)