|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what is Gerard Croiset well known?
(a) A rescue worker.
(b) A rugby player.
(c) A clairvoyant.
(d) A spy.
2. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
3. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) A lung infection.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) A gaping stomach wound.
4. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) Change the focus of the search.
(b) Continue on the same search.
(c) Begin a search.
(d) End the search.
5. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) A broken leg in many places.
(b) A cracked skull.
(c) An ugly gaping wound.
(d) A punctured lung.
6. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They are the weakest.
(b) They have training as Andinists.
(c) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
(d) They are the most excited about returning home.
7. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Their husbands.
(b) Croiset's visions.
(c) Their sons.
(d) The Uruguayan Air Force.
8. As a group, how are the survivors becoming?
(a) Uncertain but hopeful.
(b) Cheerful and hopeful.
(c) Irritable and depressed.
(d) Positive and upbeat.
9. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The plane may still be functional.
(b) The cockpit radio will work.
(c) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(d) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
10. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Mariela Fernandez.
(b) Analisia Marco.
(c) Raquel Welsh.
(d) Liliana Methol.
11. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
(a) Play a championship game in Argentina.
(b) Play a championship game in Equador.
(c) Play a championship game in the United States.
(d) Play a championship game in Chile.
12. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) Only a couple of men survive.
(b) There are no survivors.
(c) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
(d) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
13. What are the Chilean military police called?
(d) Policia militar.
14. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Chile.
(b) Brazil and Paraguay.
(c) Chile and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
15. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) December 15th.
(b) January 15th.
(c) November 15th.
(d) June 15th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
2. What else do these women still believe?
3. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
4. Back in Montevideo, how are the women feeling?
5. When does section three open?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)