|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
2. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Mariela Fernandez.
(b) Raquel Welsh.
(c) Analisia Marco.
(d) Liliana Methol.
3. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is left in the snow.
(b) It is thrown into the plane.
(c) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
(d) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
4. What does Paez Vilaro do to find the lost rugby players?
(a) He mounts his own search.
(b) He talks to a water diviner.
(c) He calls his friends in the United States for help.
(d) He contacts a clairvoyant.
5. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(b) The men had brought it into the plane.
(c) The ceiling collapses.
(d) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
6. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
(a) They are unwilling to waste any more time waiting for the first plane to be fixed.
(b) The first plane cannot be repaired.
(c) They do not trust the military men.
(d) They are afraid to ride on the first plane.
7. Who is among the last to be found?
(a) Pedro Algorta and Javier Methol.
(b) Numa Tarcatti and Eduardo Strauch.
(c) Liliana Methol. and Pancho Delgado.
(d) Roy Harley and Liliana Methol.
8. Who spurred on the expedition team so they could make it back to the Fairchild?
9. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Chile.
(b) Chile and Paraguay.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
10. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) October 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) September 12.
(d) November 12.
11. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They are the most excited about returning home.
(b) They are the weakest.
(c) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
(d) They have training as Andinists.
12. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
(a) A clairvoyant.
(b) The commander-in-chief of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) The President of Uruguay.
(d) A grief counselor.
13. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include the surrounding countries.
(b) To include the United States.
(c) To include the Chilean government.
(d) To include people on the ground.
14. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
(a) The weak and sick.
(b) The injured.
(c) The couples.
(d) The strongest among the survivors.
15. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(b) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
(c) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(d) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was a democratic state created?
2. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
3. To what do the men return?
4. On December 11th, what do the parents do?
5. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)