|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
(d) Buenos Aires.
2. Who is the only surviving woman?
(a) Liliana Methol.
(b) Raquel Welsh.
(c) Mariela Fernandez.
(d) Analisia Marco.
3. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They screamed for help.
(b) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(c) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(d) They had warm blankets.
4. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
(a) Their husbands.
(b) Their sons.
(c) The Uruguayan Air Force.
(d) Croiset's visions.
5. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(b) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(c) The plane may still be functional.
(d) The cockpit radio will work.
6. With whom do the parents meet on December 5th?
(a) A clairvoyant.
(b) The commander-in-chief of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) The President of Uruguay.
(d) A grief counselor.
7. To whom do the Strauch sisters pray fervently?
(a) The Virgin of Garabandal.
(c) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
8. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
9. Who comforts Marcelo?
(a) Enrique Platero.
(b) Fito (Adolfo) Strauch.
(c) Eduardo Strauch.
(d) Daniel Fernandez.
10. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
(a) A few men.
(b) Only the women.
(c) The injured and couples.
(d) The strongest men.
11. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
(a) December 12.
(b) October 12.
(c) September 12.
(d) November 12.
12. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
(a) They are unwilling to waste any more time waiting for the first plane to be fixed.
(b) They are afraid to ride on the first plane.
(c) They do not trust the military men.
(d) The first plane cannot be repaired.
13. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
(a) There are no survivors.
(b) There are survivors.
(c) Everyone survived.
(d) Only two survived the crash.
14. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) A punctured lung.
(b) An ugly gaping wound.
(c) A cracked skull.
(d) A broken leg in many places.
15. What do the men do in Santiago?
(a) They hire a search team.
(b) They split into teams.
(c) They wait for assistance from the military.
(d) They meet with a clairvoyant.
Short Answer Questions
1. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
2. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
3. When does summer begin in the Andes?
4. How is the search expanded?
5. Why do the parents try to locate a peasant miner?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)