|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the concerned and confused family members begin to do?
(a) Arrive in Santiago.
(b) Arrive in Montevideo.
(c) Call each other.
(d) Arrive in Quito.
2. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(c) Very little.
3. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(b) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(c) They screamed for help.
(d) They had warm blankets.
4. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Begin their own search.
(c) Bring it to the attention of the Uruguayan Air Force.
(d) Share it with another clairvoyant.
5. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
(a) Depressing conversations.
(b) The amount of talking they do.
(c) Their visits outside the plane.
(d) Hysterical reactions.
6. What does this man say to the family members?
(a) It is likely there are survivors and he grants their request.
(b) It is unlikely there are survivors but he grants their request.
(c) It is likely there are survivors but he does not grant their request.
(d) it is unlikely there are survivors and does not grant their request.
7. What animals noticed the survivors and dead bodies?
(a) The condors.
(b) The bears.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The rats.
8. To what do the men return?
(b) A feeling of home.
(c) Their hike out of the mountains.
(d) The squalor they had been living in.
9. On what does the search focus?
(a) The pilot's comments about seeing Curico.
(b) The path of the plane.
(c) The Chilean border.
(d) The volcano of Tinguiririca.
10. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It pushes it back from February to March.
(b) It causes it to begin early.
(c) It pushes it back from January to February.
(d) It ends it completely.
11. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
(a) Make the cockpit radio functional.
(b) Move the cockpit toward the rest of the plane.
(c) Fix the transistor radio.
(d) Make the plane functional.
12. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
(a) He told the pilots on which course to fly.
(b) He had encouraged the others to take the trip.
(c) He crashed the plane.
(d) He hired the plane and pilots.
13. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Blancos and Negros.
(b) Colorados and Coronados.
(c) BIancos and Colorados.
(d) Democrats and Republicans.
14. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
(a) The SAR.
(b) The ARS.
(c) The RAS.
(d) The SRA.
15. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
(d) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
2. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
3. How does Paez Vilar become known?
4. Who spurred on the expedition team so they could make it back to the Fairchild?
5. Did the pilots have experience flying over the Andes mountains?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)