Short Answer Key
1. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
2. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
Argentina and Brazil.
3. Who are the two major political parties?
BIancos and Colorados.
4. How was a democratic state created?
The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
5. What revolutionary group was born?
6. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
7. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
The religious qualities the parents sought.
8. What slowly replaced the local love of soccer?
9. In 1971, what does the Old Christians rugby team decide to do?
Play a championship game in Chile.
10. Who owned the plane the team chartered?
The Uruguayan government.
11. When do the excited passengers begin to arrive at the Carrasco airport for their departure?
This section contains 2,549 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)