|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They are the weakest.
(b) They are the most excited about returning home.
(c) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
(d) They have training as Andinists.
2. What is Gustavo Nicolich's role during this tragedy?
(a) He is the pilot.
(b) He is the organizer.
(c) He is team captain.
(d) He is the complainer.
3. Why do tensions rise?
(a) The survivors do not want to go on.
(b) The radio is not an easy task and various survivors have different views on rationing food and productivity.
(c) The survivors are all dying.
(d) The survivors are tired of one another.
4. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) A river.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) a plane.
(d) A bear.
5. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
(a) When they decide to take the luggage back to the plane.
(b) When it becomes apparent that no amount of tinkering could produce a working two-way radio.
(c) When they become hungry.
(d) When an avalanche buries the tail of the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else do these women still believe?
2. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
3. Who do the helicopters carry?
4. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
5. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)