|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the parents doing as Canessa and Parrado hike through the Andes?
(a) They are waiting to hear for news.
(b) They are busy searching.
(c) They are meeting with the colonel.
(d) They are heading home.
2. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
(b) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
(c) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
(d) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
3. How had Numa Tarcatti and Pancho Delgado survived under the snow?
(a) They screamed for help.
(b) They poked holes in the snow to breathe.
(c) They had a pocket of air to breathe.
(d) They had warm blankets.
4. Was the information from Ponce de Leon accurate?
(c) Very little.
5. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The destruction of the C-47.
(b) A cancellation of the search.
(c) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(d) The C-47's delay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
2. On what does the search focus?
3. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
4. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
5. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)