|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of the other parents pledge their help?
(a) Because they would feel guilty doing otherwise.
(b) Because they cannot think of what else to do.
(c) Because they wanted to know what had happened to the plane.
(d) Because they still hold out hope that their sons are alive.
2. What is the roaring sound that Canessa and Parrado hear?
(a) A river.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) A bear.
(d) a plane.
3. What signs of life do the hikers come across?
(a) A cup, plate, rope, and shoe.
(b) An empty soup can, cow dung, and a horseshoe.
(c) A fence, blanket, boot, and fork.
(d) A magazine, cart, saddle, and soap.
4. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To contact the survivors.
(b) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
(c) To find the hikers.
(d) To contact the president of Uruguay.
5. When does summer begin in the Andes?
(a) June 15th.
(b) December 15th.
(c) November 15th.
(d) January 15th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is a cross discovered?
2. What do the survivors decrease in frequency?
3. In what do Madelon (Vilero) Rodriguez and Estela Perez continue to believe?
4. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
5. What revolutionary group was born?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)