|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) Only a couple of men survive.
(b) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
(c) There are no survivors.
(d) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
2. From what does Echavarren suffer?
(a) An ugly gaping wound.
(b) A cracked skull.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) A punctured lung.
3. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is in a lake.
(b) The plane is destroyed.
(c) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
(d) The plane is near Santiago.
4. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Having faith and having shaky faith.
(b) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
(c) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
(d) Holding onto hope and giving up.
5. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) The C-47's delay.
(b) A cancellation of the search.
(c) The destruction of the C-47.
(d) Sickness in the rescue workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
2. How does what Ponce de Leon offers help the families?
3. What do the survivors do to get fresh air into the plane?
4. Who comforts Marcelo?
5. When the survivors hear rumbling, what do they believe it is?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)