|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Brazil and Paraguay.
(b) Chile and Paraguay.
(c) Argentina and Chile.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
2. What is done with the luggage?
(a) It is thrown into the plane.
(b) It is formed into the shape of a cross in the snow.
(c) It is left in the snow.
(d) It is used to create a wall over the gaping hole.
3. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) Change the focus of the search.
(b) Begin a search.
(c) Continue on the same search.
(d) End the search.
4. How is Ponce de Leon's radio utilized?
(a) To make necessary arrangements for the parents and the planes.
(b) To find the hikers.
(c) To contact the president of Uruguay.
(d) To contact the survivors.
5. Why do the parents hire another plane to take them to Santiago?
(a) The first plane cannot be repaired.
(b) They do not trust the military men.
(c) They are unwilling to waste any more time waiting for the first plane to be fixed.
(d) They are afraid to ride on the first plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this man say to the family members?
2. Who found himself covered in snow?
3. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
4. Who are the two major political parties?
5. Why does Marcelo feel responsible for their losses?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)