|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Canessa do when he hears the news?
(a) He heads back to San Fernando.
(b) He calls his wife.
(c) He heads to Santiago.
(d) He heads home.
2. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
(a) For as long as possible.
(b) They did not watch them.
(c) For several minutes.
(d) For only a moment.
3. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(d) Try to stay alive.
4. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(b) The C-47's delay.
(c) A cancellation of the search.
(d) The destruction of the C-47.
5. What do the survivors hear intermittently?
(c) Sounds of planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does summer begin in the Andes?
2. How does Croiset feel about the passengers?
3. What revolutionary group was born?
4. When the men politely answer the reporters' questions, what do they do?
5. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)