|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
(b) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
(c) Their friends will not make it through the night.
(d) Something will go wrong.
2. Who comes across the two hikers?
(a) Amanda Smith and Eric Gold.
(b) Alan Soldo and Edmondo Guardez.
(c) Adolfo Sanchez and Eduardo Gomez.
(d) Armando Serda and Enrique Gonzalez.
3. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It causes it to begin early.
(b) It ends it completely.
(c) It pushes it back from January to February.
(d) It pushes it back from February to March.
4. What does the miner's story confirm?
(a) The plane is near Santiago.
(b) The plane is near the Tinguiririca volcano.
(c) The plane is destroyed.
(d) The plane is in a lake.
5. From what does Enrique Platero suffer?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) A gaping stomach wound.
(c) A broken leg in many places.
(d) A lung infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
2. What is the only way to improve visibility?
3. How is the snow under their feet?
4. The radio team heard news that the search would be resumed by the Uruguayan Air Force. What does this information bring?
5. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)