|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(b) The C-47's delay.
(c) A cancellation of the search.
(d) The destruction of the C-47.
2. When does the SAR send a few planes searching in a specified area?
(a) When they receive financial support from the parents.
(b) When they find new evidence.
(c) When the government pushes them to begin a search.
(d) When the parents threaten to sue.
3. The radio team heard news that the search would be resumed by the Uruguayan Air Force. What does this information bring?
(b) Mixed emotions.
4. What mountains does the refined search area surround?
(a) The Tunguera, Salsa, and Palmera mountains.
(b) The Tanguray, Sosolita, and Palma mountains.
(c) The Tingey, Sonora, and Panama mountains.
(d) The Tinguiririca, Sosneado and Palomo mountains.
5. Why are Parrado, Turcatti, and Canessa selected for the next expedition?
(a) They have training as Andinists.
(b) They are the most mentally and physically fit.
(c) They are the most excited about returning home.
(d) They are the weakest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is among the last to be found?
2. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
3. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
4. Who is contacted when the air traffic control service lost contact with the Fairchild?
5. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)