|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The families oscillated between what?
(a) Giving up slightly and giving up completely.
(b) Holding onto hope and giving up.
(c) Having faith and having shaky faith.
(d) Believing there were some survivors and there were no survivors.
2. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
(b) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(c) The plane may still be functional.
(d) The cockpit radio will work.
3. What do the newspapers do with the news of this cross?
(a) They thought it could possibly be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(b) They did not believe it could be related to the Fairchild survivors.
(c) They thought is could possibly be related to some local geophysicists.
(d) They ignored the news.
4. When do the four return to the Fairchild?
(a) When an avalanche buries the tail of the plane.
(b) When it becomes apparent that no amount of tinkering could produce a working two-way radio.
(c) When they become hungry.
(d) When they decide to take the luggage back to the plane.
5. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
(b) Not surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
2. How is the search expanded?
3. What are the Chilean military police called?
4. What is Canessa's opinion about hiking?
5. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)