|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a combination of severe cold and high altitude cause?
(a) Sickness in the rescue workers.
(b) The destruction of the C-47.
(c) The C-47's delay.
(d) A cancellation of the search.
2. Where is a cross discovered?
(a) Santa Elena mountain.
(b) Santa Lucia mountain.
(c) Santa Maria mountain.
(d) Santa Helena mountain.
3. What arrives on December 12th?
(a) Funding for the search for the survivors.
(b) A C-47 plane promised by the Uruguayan Air Force.
(c) The location of the Fairchild.
(d) Gifts for the survivors.
4. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(b) The plane may still be functional.
(c) The cockpit radio will work.
(d) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
5. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He does not want to eat.
(c) He cannot keep food down.
(d) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
2. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
3. How had snow entered the plane?
4. What does the miner's story confirm?
5. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)