|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) The ceiling collapses.
(b) The men had brought it into the plane.
(c) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(d) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
2. The following day, after reviewing all available information, what do the commanders do?
(a) Begin a search.
(b) Change the focus of the search.
(c) End the search.
(d) Continue on the same search.
3. Why are they forced to eat the bodies that had recently died and remained in the cabin?
(a) They wanted to use up the meat that was closest to them.
(b) Their was no other food on the plane.
(c) They were afraid to go outside to the other bodies.
(d) Their food supply had been buried in the avalanche.
4. To what do the men return?
(a) A feeling of home.
(b) The squalor they had been living in.
(d) Their hike out of the mountains.
5. What does Vizintin discover?
(a) The plane may still be functional.
(b) The cockpit radio will work.
(c) The cockpit radio will no longer work.
(d) A material in the tail's heating system that would make a great insulator from the cold should the radio not work and they were forced to resume the hike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with the luggage?
2. What do the parents agree to do with this information?
3. How does Ponce de Leon help the families?
4. Who entered first in the plane to sleep at night?
5. Who took turns sleeping in the exposed area near the opening?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)