|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the army commander, Colonel Morel, agree to do?
(a) Contact other neighboring countries for support.
(b) Send a patrol to the area where the footprints were reported.
(c) End the search.
(d) Find the plane.
2. How is the search expanded?
(a) To include the United States.
(b) To include the surrounding countries.
(c) To include the Chilean government.
(d) To include people on the ground.
3. Why has Roy been living off meager rations?
(a) He does not want to eat.
(b) He was not one of the chosen expeditionaries.
(c) He cannot keep food down.
(d) He is not feeling well.
4. How many more victims had been claimed by this snow?
5. How had snow entered the plane?
(a) The men had brought it into the plane.
(b) An avalanche had pummeled the plane and entered through their makeshift barriers.
(c) It snows heavily and enters the gaping hole.
(d) The ceiling collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
2. Canessa and Parrado remained at the Fairchild and attempted to do what?
3. What do these animals mean to the survivors?
4. What is discovered back at the Fairchild?
5. On what does the search focus?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)