|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
(a) Try to stay alive.
2. How does Paez Vilar become known?
(a) As the only man to go looking for his son.
(b) As the foolish man searching for his lost son.
(c) As the man who has lost his mind.
(d) As an intelligent man.
3. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) Their men.
(b) Their cross made of luggage.
(c) Their plane.
(d) The geophysicists' cross.
4. What does the record amount of snowfall in the Andes mountains do to the SAR's search?
(a) It pushes it back from February to March.
(b) It pushes it back from January to February.
(c) It ends it completely.
(d) It causes it to begin early.
5. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
(a) 12,500 feet.
(b) 10,500 feet.
(c) 13,500 feet.
(d) 11,500 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can airplanes be flown low in the mountain range?
2. What news was the most important that Croiset Jr. gives?
3. How do the parents of the rugby players feel about the government calling off the search after so little effort?
4. What does the Air Force do to the parents?
5. How many carabineers arrived and asked for directions to the plane?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)