|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Canessa and Parrado nervous?
(a) Something will go wrong.
(b) They are worried the news will not get to the plane in time.
(c) Their friends will not make it through the night.
(d) They want the news to travel faster for the sake of their friends still stranded on the Fairchild.
2. Why are the survivors looking for more bodies?
(a) They want to start burying the bodies.
(b) They want to find all of the bodies.
(c) Their meat source is getting low.
(d) They miss their friends.
3. What do the survivors believe this find to be?
(a) The geophysicists' cross.
(b) Their plane.
(c) Their men.
(d) Their cross made of luggage.
4. While reviewing an aeronautical map of the area, how does Croiset Jr. feel?
(a) There are no survivors.
(b) Only a couple of men survive.
(c) The copilot, not the pilot, had been flying the plane when one of its engines broke down.
(d) The pilot had flown too close the mountains and crashed.
5. With what are Armando and Enrique happy to supply the hikers?
(a) Stories and firewood.
(b) More food and pleasant conversation.
(c) Blankets and medicine.
(d) Food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The helicopters climbed how many feet before reaching the summit and moving down the opposite side?
2. What does the next morning bring?
3. What do the others do, while Canessa and Parrado are hiking?
4. How soon do Canessa and Parrado awake after a rest?
5. For how long did the survivors watch the hikers' progress?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)