1. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
(a) Buenos Aires.
2. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Argentina and Brazil.
(b) Argentina and Chile.
(c) Brazil and Paraguay.
(d) Chile and Paraguay.
3. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Blancos and Negros.
(b) Democrats and Republicans.
(c) BIancos and Colorados.
(d) Colorados and Coronados.
4. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
(b) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
(c) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
(d) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
5. What revolutionary group was born?
(a) The Ticonderogas.
(b) The Tupamaros.
(c) The Tuiricas.
(d) The Tuperwares.
6. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
(c) Radical changes.
(d) A new leader.
7. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(b) Adequate text books.
(c) Enough qualified teachers.
(d) The religious qualities the parents sought.
This section contains 5,001 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)