1. What is the largest city in Uruguay?
(b) Buenos Aires.
2. From whom did Uruguay fight for its independence from its neighbors?
(a) Brazil and Paraguay.
(b) Argentina and Chile.
(c) Chile and Paraguay.
(d) Argentina and Brazil.
3. Who are the two major political parties?
(a) Democrats and Republicans.
(b) BIancos and Colorados.
(c) Colorados and Coronados.
(d) Blancos and Negros.
4. How was a democratic state created?
(a) The Colorado party president defeated the conservative party.
(b) The Republican party president defeated the liberal party.
(c) The Democratic party president defeated the Republican party.
(d) The Blancos party president defeated the liberal party.
5. What revolutionary group was born?
(a) The Tuperwares.
(b) The Tupamaros.
(c) The Ticonderogas.
(d) The Tuiricas.
6. For what were citizens in the 1950s searching?
(b) Radical changes.
(d) A new leader.
7. What did the school systems in place at that time lack?
(a) Enough qualified teachers.
(b) The religious qualities the parents sought.
(d) Adequate text books.
This section contains 5,001 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)