• Uruguay is one of the smallest countries in South America with a very unstable past.
• Despite the political tensions surrounding them, parents hoped for a great future for their children, which for some meant enrolling their children in a conservative Catholic school called Stella Maris College; the sport of choice is rugby, and the school is so highly regarded that its graduates created an alumni rugby team.
• In 1971, the Old Christians rugby team decided to play a game abroad in Chile; so, a plane was chartered and a group of excited passengers, including both players and family members, boarded the Fairchild Number 571.
• After a successful flight and stop to avoid turbulence, the Fairchild took off for the last leg of its journey.
• Bad weather was announced, and soon afterward, the wings and tail were ripped off, and the plane crashed.
• Several people were killed on impact...
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)