|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kola's family reward Alicia for rescuing the Russians?
2. Why does she decide to join this group?
3. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
4. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
5. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
2. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
3. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
4. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
5. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
6. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
7. How is mother killed?
8. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
9. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
10. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
- What does Israel seem to symbolize for all of the Jews that have survived the war?
- According to Alicia, what other countries become important destinations for Jews?
- How does Alicia finally make it into Israel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
Essay Topic 3
After the war, why does Alicia strive to gain education?
Does she think that it will better her life to be educated?
Is going to school allowing her to catch up on a life she missed out on?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)