|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
2. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
3. How long are they kept in prison?
4. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
5. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
2. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
3. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
4. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
5. How does Alicia escape?
6. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
7. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
8. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
9. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
10. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many times throughout the book, Alicia exhibits her own selflessness.
- Give three examples of how Alicia puts others before herself.
- In each of these situations, how does Alicia but someone else's life before hers?
- How or why is she able to be so selfless?
Essay Topic 2
Alicia is lucky to find Poles and Ukrainians who agree to keep her background and whereabouts a secret.
- Name 3 groups of people that are able to help Alicia without endangering themselves.
- Then detail how exactly people were able to able to help Alicia and/or her mother.
- How do you think they might have risked their lives by helping Alicia?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ghettos that Alicia was constantly forced to live in.
How did these ghettos work to separate the Jewish Poles from other Poles?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)