|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
2. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
3. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
4. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
5. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
Essay Topic 1
What does the Star of David symbolize to the Jewish community?
After the war, what did the Star of David symbolize?
Did the meaning of this religious artifact change because of the Nazis' use of it?
Essay Topic 2
- Describe Alicia's relationship with her brothers.
- As they begin to be killed in the war, how does Alicia mourn them?
- How is she able move past the deaths of all of her brothers in order to survive?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia shows an amazing amount of courage for a person of her age.
- Describe 4 times where Alicia defies odds to stay alive?
- What is it about Alicia and her outlook on life that forces her to overcome death?
- For each example, detail Alicia's motivation for survival.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)