|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing her old friend, where do Bronia and Alicia go?
2. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
3. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
4. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
5. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
2. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
3. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
4. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
5. How does Alicia escape?
6. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
7. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
8. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
9. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
10. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia is forced to spend much of her early adolescence and teenage years running from the Nazis and protecting her family. Had she not been forced to endure this kind of life, how would Alicia spent most of her time as a young Jewish girl and woman in Poland?
Essay Topic 2
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia and her mother outlive all of the men in their family. How do they figure out a way to overcome the loss of all of the Jurman males?
How does Alicia work to keep the memories of her father and her brothers alive?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)