|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
2. After seeing her old friend, where do Bronia and Alicia go?
3. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
4. What must she admit to the Ukrainians who find her hide out?
5. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
2. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
3. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
4. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
5. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
6. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
7. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
8. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
9. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
10. How is mother killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the lives of the Jurman family prior to the start of the war?
- What was their family life like?
- What was their status in the community?
- How did the children interact with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the book, Alicia exhibits her own selflessness.
- Give three examples of how Alicia puts others before herself.
- In each of these situations, how does Alicia but someone else's life before hers?
- How or why is she able to be so selfless?
Essay Topic 3
While men were on the war front or imprisoned, many women were forced to stay behind and take command of not only the domestic needs of their family but also the workforce.
- How did Polish and Polish Jewish women react when their husbands, brothers, and sons were taken away?
- In what ways did they step into what are typically male roles?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)