|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
2. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
3. How are they eventually released?
4. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
5. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
Essay Topic 1
How did the Nazis successful turn the Jews into the "other?" In relation to this question, discuss the following:
- Nazi propaganda
- Polish sentiment towards the Jews prior to the war.
- The movement of Jews into the ghetto and forced labeling using the Star of David.
Essay Topic 2
Alicia bonds deeply with Wujciu, a kind beekeeper who lives alone.
Although they are not blood related, how does Wujciu prove that he is a true family member?
Describe his actions throughout the winter that Alicia spends with him and the other families in his home.
Essay Topic 3
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)