|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
2. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
3. How were these people disguised?
4. How long are they kept in prison?
5. Where does she stay in between trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
2. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
3. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
4. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
5. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
6. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
7. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
8. How does Alicia escape?
9. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
10. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the following relationships to one another:
-Alicia and her mother
-Alicia and Bella
- Alicia and Sophie
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)