|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
2. As this section continues on, what does Alicia realize about the Poles?
3. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
4. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
5. What does Alicia believe of her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
2. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
3. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
4. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
5. How does Alicia escape?
6. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
7. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
8. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
Essay Topic 3
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)