|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
3. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
4. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
5. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia shows an amazing amount of courage for a person of her age.
- Describe 4 times where Alicia defies odds to stay alive?
- What is it about Alicia and her outlook on life that forces her to overcome death?
- For each example, detail Alicia's motivation for survival.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the lives of the Jurman family prior to the start of the war?
- What was their family life like?
- What was their status in the community?
- How did the children interact with one another?
Essay Topic 3
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)