|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Alicia to become reunited with her mother's cousin?
2. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
3. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
4. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
5. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
2. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
3. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
4. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
5. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
6. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
7. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
8. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
9. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
10. How does Alicia escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia is forced to spend much of her early adolescence and teenage years running from the Nazis and protecting her family. Had she not been forced to endure this kind of life, how would Alicia spent most of her time as a young Jewish girl and woman in Poland?
Essay Topic 2
- What does Israel seem to symbolize for all of the Jews that have survived the war?
- According to Alicia, what other countries become important destinations for Jews?
- How does Alicia finally make it into Israel?
Essay Topic 3
Many times throughout the book, Alicia exhibits her own selflessness.
- Give three examples of how Alicia puts others before herself.
- In each of these situations, how does Alicia but someone else's life before hers?
- How or why is she able to be so selfless?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)