|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must she admit to the Ukrainians who find her hide out?
2. How were these people disguised?
3. How are they eventually released?
4. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
5. While in prison, how are they treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
2. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
3. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
4. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
5. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
6. How is mother killed?
7. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
8. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
9. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
10. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the war, why does Alicia strive to gain education?
Does she think that it will better her life to be educated?
Is going to school allowing her to catch up on a life she missed out on?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Nazis successful turn the Jews into the "other?" In relation to this question, discuss the following:
- Nazi propaganda
- Polish sentiment towards the Jews prior to the war.
- The movement of Jews into the ghetto and forced labeling using the Star of David.
Essay Topic 3
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)