|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
2. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
3. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
4. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
5. What event results in Alicia's mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
2. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
3. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
4. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
5. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
6. How is mother killed?
7. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
8. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
9. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
10. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia is forced to spend much of her early adolescence and teenage years running from the Nazis and protecting her family. Had she not been forced to endure this kind of life, how would Alicia spent most of her time as a young Jewish girl and woman in Poland?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Star of David symbolize to the Jewish community?
After the war, what did the Star of David symbolize?
Did the meaning of this religious artifact change because of the Nazis' use of it?
Essay Topic 3
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)