|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
2. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
3. Why does Alicia leave the Brecha sad?
4. How are they eventually released?
5. In Chernovtsy, who does Alicia reunite with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
2. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
3. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
4. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
5. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
6. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
7. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
8. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
9. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
10. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
Essay Topic 2
Alicia shows an amazing amount of courage for a person of her age.
- Describe 4 times where Alicia defies odds to stay alive?
- What is it about Alicia and her outlook on life that forces her to overcome death?
- For each example, detail Alicia's motivation for survival.
Essay Topic 3
Alicia bonds deeply with Wujciu, a kind beekeeper who lives alone.
Although they are not blood related, how does Wujciu prove that he is a true family member?
Describe his actions throughout the winter that Alicia spends with him and the other families in his home.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)