|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person confirm for her?
2. Why is Alicia given thousands of rubles?
3. Where does she stay in between trips?
4. Why did Alicia decide to go visit Benjamin?
5. Who else was involved in the black market?
Essay Topic 1
Alicia shows an amazing amount of courage for a person of her age.
- Describe 4 times where Alicia defies odds to stay alive?
- What is it about Alicia and her outlook on life that forces her to overcome death?
- For each example, detail Alicia's motivation for survival.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia is lucky to find Poles and Ukrainians who agree to keep her background and whereabouts a secret.
- Name 3 groups of people that are able to help Alicia without endangering themselves.
- Then detail how exactly people were able to able to help Alicia and/or her mother.
- How do you think they might have risked their lives by helping Alicia?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)