|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Alicia to become reunited with her mother's cousin?
2. As she walks around the resort, what does she realize?
3. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
4. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
5. Once Alicia is allowed to return to Buczacz, what is her health like?
Short Essay Questions
1. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
2. How is mother killed?
3. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
4. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
5. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
6. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
7. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
8. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
9. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
10. How does Alicia escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia bonds deeply with Wujciu, a kind beekeeper who lives alone.
Although they are not blood related, how does Wujciu prove that he is a true family member?
Describe his actions throughout the winter that Alicia spends with him and the other families in his home.
Essay Topic 2
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia is forced to spend much of her early adolescence and teenage years running from the Nazis and protecting her family. Had she not been forced to endure this kind of life, how would Alicia spent most of her time as a young Jewish girl and woman in Poland?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)