|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does she decide to join this group?
2. What did Sophie want Alicia to give up?
3. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
4. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
5. Once Alicia is allowed to return to Buczacz, what is her health like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia escape?
2. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
3. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
4. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
5. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
6. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
7. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
8. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
9. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
10. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
- Describe Alicia's relationship with her brothers.
- As they begin to be killed in the war, how does Alicia mourn them?
- How is she able move past the deaths of all of her brothers in order to survive?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the following relationships to one another:
-Alicia and her mother
-Alicia and Bella
- Alicia and Sophie
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)