|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
2. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
3. How long are they kept in prison?
4. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
5. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
2. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
3. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
4. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
5. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
6. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
7. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
8. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
9. How is mother killed?
10. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the lives of the Jurman family prior to the start of the war?
- What was their family life like?
- What was their status in the community?
- How did the children interact with one another?
Essay Topic 2
- What does Israel seem to symbolize for all of the Jews that have survived the war?
- According to Alicia, what other countries become important destinations for Jews?
- How does Alicia finally make it into Israel?
Essay Topic 3
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)