|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
2. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
3. What is the name of the new ghetto?
4. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
5. What village is Alicia able to find work in during the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
2. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
3. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
4. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
5. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
6. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
7. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
8. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
9. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
10. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
After the war, why does Alicia strive to gain education?
Does she think that it will better her life to be educated?
Is going to school allowing her to catch up on a life she missed out on?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)