|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
2. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does the author give?
4. What saves Alicia?
5. After the Nazis leave Alicia's village in Chapter 7, what has happened in the ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
2. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
3. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
4. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
5. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
6. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
7. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
8. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
9. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
10. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia and her mother outlive all of the men in their family. How do they figure out a way to overcome the loss of all of the Jurman males?
How does Alicia work to keep the memories of her father and her brothers alive?
Essay Topic 2
Inaction caused many people to die in World War II. For instance, so many Poles did nothing while their neighbors died. What is worse, doing nothing and saving no one or acting to save someone and failing. Does any character in the book, besides Alicia, risk everything to help save other Jews?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ghettos that Alicia was constantly forced to live in.
How did these ghettos work to separate the Jewish Poles from other Poles?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)