|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
2. In what year does Alicia hear that the Germans might be invading Poland?
3. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
4. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
5. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
2. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
3. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
4. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
5. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
6. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
7. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
8. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
9. Why does meeting Bella's family help Alicia make it through through this section of the novel?
10. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the following relationships to one another:
-Alicia and her mother
-Alicia and Bella
- Alicia and Sophie
Essay Topic 3
Alicia bonds deeply with Wujciu, a kind beekeeper who lives alone.
Although they are not blood related, how does Wujciu prove that he is a true family member?
Describe his actions throughout the winter that Alicia spends with him and the other families in his home.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)