Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buczacz perfect for?
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
3. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
2. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
3. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
4. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
5. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
6. How does Alicia escape?
7. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
Essay Topic 1
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
- What does Israel seem to symbolize for all of the Jews that have survived the war?
- According to Alicia, what other countries become important destinations for Jews?
- How does Alicia finally make it into Israel?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)