Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buczacz perfect for?
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
3. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
2. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
3. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
4. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
5. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
6. How does Alicia escape?
7. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
Essay Topic 1
Detail the lives of the Jurman family prior to the start of the war?
- What was their family life like?
- What was their status in the community?
- How did the children interact with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)