|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
2. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
3. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
4. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
5. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
2. When the Germans arrived in Poland, what has happened to the Russians and Poles?
3. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
4. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
5. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
6. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
7. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
8. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
9. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
10. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
Essay Topic 2
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia is forced to spend much of her early adolescence and teenage years running from the Nazis and protecting her family. Had she not been forced to endure this kind of life, how would Alicia spent most of her time as a young Jewish girl and woman in Poland?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)