|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Zachary and Alicia begin trying to sell in this section?
2. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
3. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
4. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
5. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
2. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
3. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
4. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
5. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
6. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
7. What upsets Zachary so much that he decides to join into the resistance?
8. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
9. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
10. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
Essay Topic 2
- Describe Alicia's relationship with her brothers.
- As they begin to be killed in the war, how does Alicia mourn them?
- How is she able move past the deaths of all of her brothers in order to survive?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ghettos that Alicia was constantly forced to live in.
How did these ghettos work to separate the Jewish Poles from other Poles?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)