|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does the author give?
3. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
4. How is she able to escape?
5. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
2. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
3. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
4. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
5. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
6. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
7. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
8. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
9. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
10. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
Essay Topic 2
Alicia is lucky to find Poles and Ukrainians who agree to keep her background and whereabouts a secret.
- Name 3 groups of people that are able to help Alicia without endangering themselves.
- Then detail how exactly people were able to able to help Alicia and/or her mother.
- How do you think they might have risked their lives by helping Alicia?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ghettos that Alicia was constantly forced to live in.
How did these ghettos work to separate the Jewish Poles from other Poles?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)