|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alicia disguise herself as a worker?
2. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
3. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
4. How is she able to escape?
5. What was Buczacz perfect for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
2. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
3. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
4. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
5. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
6. How does Alicia currently work to educate others on the Holocaust?
7. How did Alicia's uncle's attempt to reach out to her, show his desire to rebuild his life?
8. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
9. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
10. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alicia is lucky to find Poles and Ukrainians who agree to keep her background and whereabouts a secret.
- Name 3 groups of people that are able to help Alicia without endangering themselves.
- Then detail how exactly people were able to able to help Alicia and/or her mother.
- How do you think they might have risked their lives by helping Alicia?
Essay Topic 2
- Describe Alicia's relationship with her brothers.
- As they begin to be killed in the war, how does Alicia mourn them?
- How is she able move past the deaths of all of her brothers in order to survive?
Essay Topic 3
Although the war ends, Alicia still feels like she is treated poorly because of her religion or her nationality.
Describe two occasions when Alicia is discriminated against because of her religion or her nationality.
How does she work to overcome these obstacles she is faced with?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)