|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
2. Because she cannot stay in Buczacz, what hiding place does she find?
3. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
4. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
5. What must Jews now wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
2. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
3. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
4. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
5. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
6. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
7. What upsets Zachary so much that he decides to join into the resistance?
8. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
9. How is mother killed?
10. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the following relationships to one another:
-Alicia and her mother
-Alicia and Bella
- Alicia and Sophie
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the book, Alicia exhibits her own selflessness.
- Give three examples of how Alicia puts others before herself.
- In each of these situations, how does Alicia but someone else's life before hers?
- How or why is she able to be so selfless?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia bonds deeply with Wujciu, a kind beekeeper who lives alone.
Although they are not blood related, how does Wujciu prove that he is a true family member?
Describe his actions throughout the winter that Alicia spends with him and the other families in his home.
This section contains 1,410 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)