Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buczacz perfect for?
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
3. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
2. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
3. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
4. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
5. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
6. How does Alicia escape?
7. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
Discuss Milek and Benjamin as a support network for Alicia.
How do both of these people work to support Alicia at some point of the novel?
Inaction caused many people to die in World War II. For instance, so many Poles did nothing while their neighbors died. What is worse, doing nothing and saving no one or acting to save someone and failing. Does any character in the book, besides Alicia, risk everything to help save other Jews?
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)