|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buczacz perfect for?
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
3. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
2. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
3. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
4. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
5. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
6. How does Alicia escape?
7. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
Essay Topic 1
- Describe Alicia's relationship with her brothers.
- As they begin to be killed in the war, how does Alicia mourn them?
- How is she able move past the deaths of all of her brothers in order to survive?
Essay Topic 2
Detail the lives of the Jurman family prior to the start of the war?
- What was their family life like?
- What was their status in the community?
- How did the children interact with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia and her mother outlive all of the men in their family. How do they figure out a way to overcome the loss of all of the Jurman males?
How does Alicia work to keep the memories of her father and her brothers alive?
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)