|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
2. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
3. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
4. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
5. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
2. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
3. When the Germans arrived in Poland, what has happened to the Russians and Poles?
4. Why does meeting Bella's family help Alicia make it through through this section of the novel?
5. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
6. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
7. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
8. What upsets Zachary so much that he decides to join into the resistance?
9. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
10. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
- What does Israel seem to symbolize for all of the Jews that have survived the war?
- According to Alicia, what other countries become important destinations for Jews?
- How does Alicia finally make it into Israel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Alicia show her love for her family throughout the novel?
Although she has lost all of her immediate family, how does telling their story make her stronger?
Essay Topic 3
During World War II, the Russian and Germans had a very tense relationship.
Describe the international relations between the Russians and Germans at the beginning of the war.
What changes in Russian-Nazi relations, to cause Russia to join the allies and work to liberate Eastern Europe.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)