|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
2. Over time, what happens because of the occupation?
3. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
4. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
5. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
2. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
3. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
4. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
5. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
6. When the Germans arrived in Poland, what has happened to the Russians and Poles?
7. What upsets Zachary so much that he decides to join into the resistance?
8. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
9. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
10. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the lives of the Jurman family prior to the start of the war?
- What was their family life like?
- What was their status in the community?
- How did the children interact with one another?
Essay Topic 2
- What does Israel seem to symbolize for all of the Jews that have survived the war?
- According to Alicia, what other countries become important destinations for Jews?
- How does Alicia finally make it into Israel?
Essay Topic 3
Alicia bonds deeply with Wujciu, a kind beekeeper who lives alone.
Although they are not blood related, how does Wujciu prove that he is a true family member?
Describe his actions throughout the winter that Alicia spends with him and the other families in his home.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)