|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Alicia?
(a) Milek and some of the resistance rescue the people on the death march.
(b) Milek carries her off away from the death march.
(c) Her mother gives herself up for Alicia to go free.
(d) She is able to overcome her agressors.
2. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
(a) Escape from the ghetto.
(b) Get all of the boys together and send them away.
(c) Move their posessions into a room of a friend's home.
(d) Make food to bring with them.
3. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
(a) Engaged in resistance activities.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) He is working to smuggle Jewish people out of Poland.
(d) He steals food for Jewish people who cannot get out of their homes.
4. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
5. What was Bella's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Jews that go to a synagogue?
2. What saves Alicia?
3. What is the name of the new ghetto?
4. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
5. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
2. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
3. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
4. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
5. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
6. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
7. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
8. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
9. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
10. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)