|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
(a) She fears that the Nazis will go there next.
(b) She has bad allergies and will be miserable there.
(c) She cannot leave her mother and remaining brothers.
(d) She thinks her brother should go instead of her.
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is tortured.
(b) He is starved.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He is put in prison.
3. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(b) In the mountains of Poland.
4. How is Bunio killed?
(a) He is forced to endure a starvation diet.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is sent to a work camp and worked to death.
(d) He is hung in front of the town.
5. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
(a) Poland allowed itself to be taken.
(b) It was surrounded by aggressive countries.
(c) Poland's weak army.
(d) Poland wanted to become allied with a strong company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
2. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
3. Where aren't Jews allowed?
4. How is she able to escape?
5. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
2. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
3. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
4. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
5. What upsets Zachary so much that he decides to join into the resistance?
6. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
7. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
10. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)