|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
(a) When her mother was accosted in the town square.
(b) When she was taunted at school by a group of Gentile students.
(c) When her father's factory was burned to the ground because he was Jewish.
(d) When her brother Zachary is beaten by five Polish boys.
2. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(b) Send all the children to work.
(c) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(d) Move from shelter to shelter.
3. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her youngest brother.
4. What saves Alicia?
(a) She is able to overcome her agressors.
(b) Her mother gives herself up for Alicia to go free.
(c) Milek carries her off away from the death march.
(d) Milek and some of the resistance rescue the people on the death march.
5. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
(a) 500 zlotys.
(b) 400 zlotys.
(c) 600 zlotys.
(d) 200 zlotys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
2. What was Buczacz perfect for?
3. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
4. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
5. How is Bunio killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
2. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
3. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
4. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
5. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
6. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
7. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
8. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
9. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
10. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)