|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Jews proud of?
(a) Their heritage and community.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their heritage.
(d) Their community.
2. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
(b) They thought what he had was contagious.
(c) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(d) They thought he was a pervert.
3. What village is Alicia able to find work in during the winter?
4. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
5. What happens to the Jews that go to a synagogue?
(a) They are punished by
(b) They are allowed to pray.
(c) They are sent to prison.
(d) They are executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
2. Because of what happens to his sister, what does Zach wish to do?
3. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
4. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
5. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
2. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
3. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
4. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
5. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
6. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
7. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
8. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
9. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
10. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)