|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
2. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
(a) He is working to smuggle Jewish people out of Poland.
(b) Engaged in resistance activities.
(c) He steals food for Jewish people who cannot get out of their homes.
(d) The Nazis.
3. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) 3 brothers.
(b) None of her brothers have been killed.
(c) 2 brothers.
(d) 1 brother.
4. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
(a) The Jewish leader of the community.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her best friend's father.
(d) The ghetto's oldest living resident.
5. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Love from her parents.
(c) Having a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
2. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
3. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
5. While looking for her family, what does she find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
2. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
3. How does Alicia find her way home after being caught in the transport car?
4. Why does meeting Bella's family help Alicia make it through through this section of the novel?
5. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
6. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
7. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
8. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
9. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
10. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)