|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
(a) A Jewish wise tale.
(b) The three little pigs.
(c) The story of her family.
(d) The story of Little Red Riding Hood.
2. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Almost all Jews are sent to camps.
(b) The Jews are forced to hide in bunkers everyday.
(c) The Jews flee Poland.
(d) All the Jews were moved in a ghetto.
3. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
(a) They have lost all their money.
(b) They send all of their males to America.
(c) They have escaped Poland.
(d) They are all forced to go to camps.
4. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
(a) Her youngest brother.
(d) Her mother.
5. While looking for her family, what does she find?
(a) Corn fields.
(b) Peasants working a field of wheat.
(c) Her mother working in the fields.
(d) Jewish people hiding in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
2. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
3. How is she able to escape?
4. How many brothers did Alicia have?
5. What language were children now forced to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia currently work to educate others on the Holocaust?
2. How did Alicia's uncle's attempt to reach out to her, show his desire to rebuild his life?
3. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
4. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
5. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
6. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
7. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
8. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
9. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
10. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)