|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new ghetto?
2. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
(a) The Nazi's cruelty.
(b) Suffering of the ghetto Jews.
(c) The tense relations between Ukrainians and Jews.
(d) Suffering of the Poles.
3. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
(a) Her best friend's father.
(b) The ghetto's oldest living resident.
(c) The Jewish leader of the community.
(d) Her great aunt.
4. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
(b) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(c) They do not wish to become violent people.
5. Over time, what happens because of the occupation?
(a) Russians get violent with the Poles.
(b) All children were forced to go away to school in Russian or Germany.
(c) Russians took over businesses and people began to disappear.
(d) Russians forced Polish women to mate with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
2. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
3. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
4. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
5. Where aren't Jews allowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
2. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
3. What upsets Zachary so much that he decides to join into the resistance?
4. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
5. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
6. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
7. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
8. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
9. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
10. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)