|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
(a) Jews were not allowed to congregate.
(b) Jews had to wear the Star of David.
(c) Russians were put in positions of power.
(d) Pictures of Lenin and Stalin were posted everywhere.
2. What does this name mean?
3. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(b) She is sent on a death march.
(c) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
(d) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
4. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
(a) Escape from the ghetto.
(b) Make food to bring with them.
(c) Get all of the boys together and send them away.
(d) Move their posessions into a room of a friend's home.
5. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
(a) In a camp.
(b) She is forced to go to Siberia.
(c) Back into the Ghetto.
(d) On death march.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bella's father's occupation?
2. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
3. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
4. What is the name of the new ghetto?
5. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
2. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
3. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
4. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
5. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
6. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
7. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
8. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
9. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
10. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)