|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) None of her brothers have been killed.
(b) 3 brothers.
(c) 2 brothers.
(d) 1 brother.
2. What must Jews now wear?
(a) Specific clothing of a certain color.
(b) Any sort of jewerly.
(d) The Star of David.
3. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(b) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(c) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
(d) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
4. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(b) In a ravine in the woods.
(c) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
(d) In a bunker.
5. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
(a) The story of her family.
(b) A Jewish wise tale.
(c) The three little pigs.
(d) The story of Little Red Riding Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
2. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
3. While looking for her family, what does she find?
4. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
5. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
2. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
3. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
4. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
5. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
6. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
7. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
8. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
9. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
10. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)