|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
(a) To school in Moscow.
(b) Stay at home with their families.
(c) To join the Russian army.
(d) To go to the Ukraine.
2. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(b) In the mountains of Poland.
3. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
(a) They live in a very small apartment.
(b) They move into the kitchen of a large home in the new ghetto.
(c) They decide to go undergrounf to be safe.
(d) They decide to move into a small house so they can have it to themselves.
4. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
5. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Having a small community.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Raising a Jewish family.
(d) Starting a company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
2. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
3. What do Zachary and Alicia begin trying to sell in this section?
4. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
5. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
2. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
3. Where do Alicia and her siblings go everyday to try to make money?
4. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
5. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
6. Why does meeting Bella's family help Alicia make it through through this section of the novel?
7. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
8. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
9. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
10. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)