|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
(a) To join the Russian army.
(b) Stay at home with their families.
(c) To school in Moscow.
(d) To go to the Ukraine.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does the author give?
(a) The author discusses how Milek got involved in the resistance movement.
(b) Information on her youngest brother's whereabouts.
(c) The author explains Alicia's background.
(d) The author gives a summary of Ukrainian and Polish relations.
3. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(c) In the mountains of Poland.
4. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(b) The city.
(c) The countryside.
5. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
2. What is the name of the new ghetto?
3. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
4. What was Buczacz perfect for?
5. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
2. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
3. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
4. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
5. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
6. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
7. Why does meeting Bella's family help Alicia make it through through this section of the novel?
8. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
9. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
10. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)