|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A ravine.
(c) A shack.
(d) A bunker.
2. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
(a) In a Ukrainian wheat field.
(b) She is forced to stay in the concentration camp.
(c) She has been carried to Germany.
(d) She has passed out in the forest.
3. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
(a) A bout of dysentry.
(d) The flu.
4. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Jews are forced to hide in bunkers everyday.
(b) Almost all Jews are sent to camps.
(c) The Jews flee Poland.
(d) All the Jews were moved in a ghetto.
5. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
(a) When her father's factory was burned to the ground because he was Jewish.
(b) When she was taunted at school by a group of Gentile students.
(c) When her mother was accosted in the town square.
(d) When her brother Zachary is beaten by five Polish boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
2. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
3. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
4. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
5. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Germans arrived in Poland, what has happened to the Russians and Poles?
2. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
3. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
4. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
5. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
6. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
7. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
8. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
9. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
10. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)