|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language were children now forced to speak?
2. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
(a) Moscow, Russian.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Buczacz, Poland.
3. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
(b) She is sent on a death march.
(c) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(d) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
4. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
(a) From Wujciu.
(b) From Slavka.
(c) From a kind farmer who is getting rid of food.
(d) From the food storages in Ukraine.
5. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
(a) She would trade her clothing for wood.
(b) She would go into forbidden forest territory with Jewish boys to gather wood.
(c) She would beg for wood from richer families.
(d) Old newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where aren't Jews allowed?
2. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
3. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
4. What was Buczacz perfect for?
5. How is Bunio killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
2. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
3. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
4. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
5. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
6. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
7. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
8. When the Germans arrived in Poland, what has happened to the Russians and Poles?
9. Where do Alicia and her siblings go everyday to try to make money?
10. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)