Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Raising a Jewish family.
(c) Having a small community.
(d) Starting a company.
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is put in prison.
(b) He is starved.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He is tortured.
3. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(b) The countryside.
(d) The city.
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
(a) So they could trade it to sell.
(b) So that Alicia's mother's family could have food.
(c) So they could send food to Bunio.
(d) So the youngest child could eat.
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
(a) Pretend that she is royalty.
(b) Become a peasant.
(c) She and her mother con people into giving them money.
(d) She steals from farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
2. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
3. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
4. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
5. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
2. Why is getting to Israel so difficult?
3. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
4. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
5. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
6. How does Alicia escape?
7. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)