|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) 1 brother.
(b) 2 brothers.
(c) 3 brothers.
(d) None of her brothers have been killed.
2. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
(a) The agreement with the Russians has ended.
(b) They are breaking the treaty with the Russians.
(c) They want to assist the Ukrainians in getting back at the Poles.
(d) They want to take over Poland.
3. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
(b) They do not wish to become violent people.
(d) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
4. What does this name mean?
5. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(b) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(c) She finds that Herzl has died.
(d) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
2. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
3. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
4. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
5. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
2. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
3. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
4. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
5. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
6. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
7. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
8. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
9. Where do Alicia and her siblings go everyday to try to make money?
10. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)