|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
2. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
(a) Buczacz, Poland.
(c) Moscow, Russian.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
3. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
(a) They live in a very small apartment.
(b) They decide to move into a small house so they can have it to themselves.
(c) They decide to go undergrounf to be safe.
(d) They move into the kitchen of a large home in the new ghetto.
4. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
(c) He is forced to go to a work camp.
(d) He is shot.
5. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
(a) From the food storages in Ukraine.
(b) From Slavka.
(c) From a kind farmer who is getting rid of food.
(d) From Wujciu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
2. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
3. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
4. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
5. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
2. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
3. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
4. How does Alicia's story have a happy ending?
5. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
6. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
7. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
8. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
9. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
10. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)