|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
(a) That her father is definitely dead.
(b) That she is sick with the flu.
(c) That all her brothers have died.
(d) That all of her family has died.
2. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
(a) Poland wanted to become allied with a strong company.
(b) Poland's weak army.
(c) Poland allowed itself to be taken.
(d) It was surrounded by aggressive countries.
3. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
4. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
(c) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(d) They do not wish to become violent people.
5. How is she able to escape?
(a) After men pull apart the bars of the car, she crawls out the window.
(b) Jewish resistors free her by opening fire.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She overtakes some of the officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
2. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
3. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does the author give?
5. Because of what happens to his sister, what does Zach wish to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
2. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
3. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
4. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
5. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
6. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
7. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
10. Where do Alicia and her siblings go everyday to try to make money?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)