|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bunio killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is hung in front of the town.
(c) He is forced to endure a starvation diet.
(d) He is sent to a work camp and worked to death.
2. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) All the Jews were moved in a ghetto.
(b) Almost all Jews are sent to camps.
(c) The Jews are forced to hide in bunkers everyday.
(d) The Jews flee Poland.
3. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought what he had was contagious.
(b) They thought he was a pervert.
(c) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(d) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
4. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
(a) Water tainted with typhoid.
(b) Decent food.
(c) Left overs from farm animals.
(d) They are not fed at all.
5. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(b) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(c) She finds that Herzl has died.
(d) Her village has been burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
2. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
3. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
4. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
5. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
2. How does living in the ghetto cause many of the Jewish people to act towards one another.
3. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
4. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
5. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
6. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
7. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
8. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
9. Where do Alicia and her siblings go everyday to try to make money?
10. Why does Alicia feel ostracized as she tries to continue her education in Belgium?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)