|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby is left alone.
(b) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
(c) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
(d) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He is put in prison.
(d) He is starved.
3. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
(a) She pretends she is an upperclass Ukrainian girl.
(b) She must sell herself to make money.
(c) She works as a peasant in many feilds.
(d) She must steal food and hide in abandonned homes.
4. How is she able to escape?
(a) She overtakes some of the officers.
(b) Jewish resistors free her by opening fire.
(c) After men pull apart the bars of the car, she crawls out the window.
(d) She runs away.
5. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
2. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
3. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
4. What does this name mean?
5. What were the Jews proud of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alicia's employer cease to allow Alicia and her mother to work and stay under her roof?
2. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
3. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
4. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
5. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
6. Why are Alicia and her family more prepared for the move to the ghetto?
7. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
8. How does Alicia try to help herself, her mother, and others?
9. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
10. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)