|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
(a) She cannot leave her mother and remaining brothers.
(b) She thinks her brother should go instead of her.
(c) She fears that the Nazis will go there next.
(d) She has bad allergies and will be miserable there.
2. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
(b) Sad and starved.
(c) Happy and exicted.
(d) Crazed and angry.
3. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is put in prison.
(c) He is starved.
(d) He is tortured.
4. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
(a) She is forced to stay in the concentration camp.
(b) She has been carried to Germany.
(c) She has passed out in the forest.
(d) In a Ukrainian wheat field.
5. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
(a) From the food storages in Ukraine.
(b) From a kind farmer who is getting rid of food.
(c) From Wujciu.
(d) From Slavka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
2. What saves Alicia?
3. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
4. After the Nazis leave Alicia's village in Chapter 7, what has happened in the ghetto?
5. How is she able to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
2. Why does meeting Bella's family help Alicia make it through through this section of the novel?
3. What action of some of the Nazi soldiers shows how cruel and heartless many of them were?
4. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
5. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
6. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
7. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
8. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
9. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
10. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)