|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is starved.
(b) He is returned to his family.
(c) He is tortured.
(d) He is put in prison.
2. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her youngest brother.
3. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
4. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(b) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
(c) In a ravine in the woods.
(d) In a bunker.
5. Because she cannot stay in Buczacz, what hiding place does she find?
(a) Under a waterfall.
(b) A bunker.
(c) A ravine.
(d) In a shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
2. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
3. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
4. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
5. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
2. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
3. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
4. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
5. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
6. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
7. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
8. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
9. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
10. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)