|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
2. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
(a) They are all forced to go to camps.
(b) They have escaped Poland.
(c) They send all of their males to America.
(d) They have lost all their money.
3. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(b) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
(c) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
(d) He is sent to a death camp.
4. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
5. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
(a) She knows her mother needs to eat more of the radishes than her.
(b) She becomes sick.
(c) She trades them for more clothes.
(d) She decides to give it to starving children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
2. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
3. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
4. While looking for her family, what does she find?
5. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
2. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
3. How is Zachary's death a way to warn Jews against mounting a resistance?
4. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
5. How did Bella escape from the farmers that kidnapped her family?
6. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
7. When the Germans arrived in Poland, what has happened to the Russians and Poles?
8. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
9. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
10. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)