|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
(a) About half that were in the ghetto.
(b) Mostly Polish sympathizers were killed.
(c) All of the Jews have been killed.
(d) Only 200.
2. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
(a) Suffering of the ghetto Jews.
(b) The Nazi's cruelty.
(c) Suffering of the Poles.
(d) The tense relations between Ukrainians and Jews.
3. What was Bella's father's occupation?
4. At the end of Chapter 13, how are Alicia and her mother able to gain shelter from?
(a) A beekeeper.
(b) A banker.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A milk farmer.
5. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
(a) To go to the Ukraine.
(b) To join the Russian army.
(c) To school in Moscow.
(d) Stay at home with their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
2. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
3. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
4. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
5. What were the Jews proud of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
2. Why do so many people decide to stay away from the beekeeper?
3. What became the fate of Moshe, Alicia's brother?
4. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
5. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
6. How does Mrs Gold choose to help Alicia after she has already nursed her back to health?
7. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
8. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
9. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
10. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)