|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) He is working to smuggle Jewish people out of Poland.
(c) Engaged in resistance activities.
(d) He steals food for Jewish people who cannot get out of their homes.
2. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
(a) She would beg for wood from richer families.
(b) Old newspapers.
(c) She would go into forbidden forest territory with Jewish boys to gather wood.
(d) She would trade her clothing for wood.
3. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought he was a pervert.
(b) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
(c) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(d) They thought what he had was contagious.
4. Where aren't Jews allowed?
(a) In churches.
(b) In certain streets and nieghborhoods.
(c) In gardens.
(d) At public gatherings.
5. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
2. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
4. While looking for her family, what does she find?
5. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia show her selflessness in this section?
2. Who help to nurse Alicia back to health after she escapes being sent on a death march?
3. In a twist of fate, how does Alicia become reconnected to her mother?
4. What is the second way that Alicia proves she is selfless in this section?
5. In Chapter 5, what event crushes the family?
6. As the winter comes, how do the Jews protect themselves from Nazi raids?
7. What causes Alicia to be picked up in a transport car?
8. What happened to Hebrew when The Russians took over Poland?
9. How does Alicia finally find her way back to her hometown and what does she find when she arrives?
10. Where does Alicia find herself as this section begins and why does she watch peasants as she tries to find her way back to her home town?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)