|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
(a) She decides to forge papers to get them through the border.
(b) She gives away all of her money and earnings.
(c) She lets them take some of her transports to prison.
(d) She agrees to go to prison in their place.
2. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) Milek resuces her again.
(b) She runs back to her hometown village.
(c) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
(d) She hides in a river bank.
3. How are they eventually released?
(a) Because the prison is liberated.
(b) Bronia's brother collects 40,000 rubles for their release.
(c) A Ukrainian organization takes up their cause and gets them released.
(d) They bribe the Ukrainian officials into releasing them.
4. How long are they kept in prison?
(a) 8 months.
(b) An entire year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
5. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
(a) A close friendship.
(b) Sophie is like an aunt to Alicia.
(c) A mother-daughter type relationship.
(d) A sisterly relationship.
6. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
(a) That the Germans are being defeated by the Russians.
(b) The Germans are being beaten by the Americans.
(c) The Germans are winning the war.
(d) Soon the Germans will just let Jews go to Israel.
7. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
(a) Being a servant in the house of rich people.
(b) Family members that survived.
(c) Work on farms.
(d) Other Jews that survived.
8. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
9. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
(a) Israel seems like a good idea.
(b) He wants to go to America.
(c) He wants to move to Palestine.
(d) He hopes to go to Spain.
10. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) Only Alicia wants to return.
(b) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
(c) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(d) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
11. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
(d) She begins having seizures.
12. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
13. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
(a) Killed in a concentration camp.
(b) Killed in a Russian prison.
(c) He is killed by a Nazi bullet.
(d) His friend is killed by the land mine.
14. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
(a) A resort in the Austrian Alps.
(b) A resort in the Swiss Alps.
(c) A beach village in Southern France.
(d) The hot climate of Spain.
15. Why does Alicia leave the Brecha sad?
(a) She will miss all the people she worked with.
(b) She does not want to leave her job.
(c) She is leaving her new love interest behind.
(d) Because she has lost all of her money saved for education.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alicia visits with Benjamin, what does she talk to him about?
2. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
3. How were these people disguised?
4. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
5. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)