|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
(a) A resort in the Austrian Alps.
(b) A resort in the Swiss Alps.
(c) The hot climate of Spain.
(d) A beach village in Southern France.
2. Why does she decide to join this group?
(a) She wants to make a difference.
(b) Her friends are working for them.
(c) She likes the work they do for other Jewish people.
(d) They blackmail her.
3. On what becomes her final transport, who does Alicia have trouble moving?
(a) Four German Jewish business men.
(b) Two pregnant Jewish women.
(c) Three Russian Jewish army officers.
(d) Five young children.
4. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
(a) She is promised passage to Israel.
(b) She thinks she will be appreciated by this person.
(c) She is a great house worker.
(d) She connects well with Mrs. Traub's son.
5. What does Alicia realize when she arrives at her father's factory?
(a) She wants the factory to remain in her family.
(b) The factory is much more prosperous than she thought.
(c) She must reclaim the factory to feel whole again.
(d) Reclaiming the factory will not bring him back.
6. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
(a) Because of Bronia's involvement in the black market.
(b) They were transporting people illegally.
(c) They disrespect two officers.
(d) Because they are caught stealing from the marketplace.
7. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
(a) He hopes to go to Spain.
(b) He wants to go to America.
(c) He wants to move to Palestine.
(d) Israel seems like a good idea.
8. How did Alicia and her mother survive the winter of 1943?
(a) They survived by begging.
(b) They begged and gave away clothing.
(c) They were able to leave the cold winter in Poland.
(d) They were able to trade their clothing for food.
9. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
10. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
(a) A mother-daughter type relationship.
(b) A close friendship.
(c) Sophie is like an aunt to Alicia.
(d) A sisterly relationship.
11. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) Get Alicia a job.
(b) Create a school for children.
(c) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
(d) They search for all of her family's graves.
12. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She discovers her youngest brother died.
(b) Benjamin has killed herself.
(c) She is told she must immediately leave because Jewish Poles are still being trageted.
(d) She learns that Milek has died.
13. Who else was involved in the black market?
(a) The Blieners.
14. Who does Alicia "adopt" and spend a large amount of time with?
(c) Danny, Bella's son.
15. What does this news cause Alicia to do?
(a) She feels numb.
(b) Fight harder to survive the winter.
(c) Grieve for her father again.
(d) Lie to her mother about her father's status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
2. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
3. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
4. Where does she stay in between trips?
5. What does Alicia believe of her father?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)