|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
(a) He does not welcome her.
(b) Take clothes.
(c) She could come by the house to get food for her and her mother.
(d) Stay at his home, but Alicia's mother cannot stay.
2. Once Alicia is allowed to return to Buczacz, what is her health like?
(a) It is rapidly deteriorating.
(b) Her health is much improved.
(c) She is extremely sick.
(d) She is incredibly depressed, but not sick.
3. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
(a) He enjoys working with children.
(b) He is attracted to Alicia.
(c) She wanted to give her mother a proper Jewish burial.
(d) She wants everyone to have a Jewish burial.
4. In Chernovtsy, who does Alicia reunite with?
5. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She discovers her youngest brother died.
(b) Benjamin has killed herself.
(c) She learns that Milek has died.
(d) She is told she must immediately leave because Jewish Poles are still being trageted.
6. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
(a) She connects well with Mrs. Traub's son.
(b) She thinks she will be appreciated by this person.
(c) She is promised passage to Israel.
(d) She is a great house worker.
7. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
(a) She will make a lot of money.
(b) They will get her papers for travel to America.
(c) They would take care of the orphans and transport them Israel.
(d) They will transport her to Israel.
8. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
(a) A Jewish banker that knew her father.
(b) A Jewish tailor who tells her of the massacre of Jewish men.
(c) One of her childhood friends has news of her youngest brother.
(d) A Jewish salesman that hired her brother for a summer.
9. Why does Alicia leave the Brecha sad?
(a) She does not want to leave her job.
(b) Because she has lost all of her money saved for education.
(c) She is leaving her new love interest behind.
(d) She will miss all the people she worked with.
10. What does this person confirm for her?
(a) That the war is over.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Her brother's death.
(d) That she will need to go back to Buczacz.
11. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
(a) They were transporting people illegally.
(b) Because of Bronia's involvement in the black market.
(c) They disrespect two officers.
(d) Because they are caught stealing from the marketplace.
12. Where does she stay in between trips?
(a) She lives with her mother's cousin.
(b) She stays with Sophie.
(c) She stays with Peppa, a fellow worker.
(d) With Bella.
13. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
(a) The organizers of the Brecha.
(b) Ursula and Brenna.
(d) Avi and Jacob.
14. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
15. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
(a) Working in a family market.
(b) Working in Bella's resturant.
(c) Working in a POW camp.
(d) Working for a rich family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were these people disguised?
2. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
3. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
4. After seeing her old friend, where do Bronia and Alicia go?
5. Why did Alicia decide to go visit Benjamin?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)