|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
(a) He hopes to go to Spain.
(b) He wants to move to Palestine.
(c) He wants to go to America.
(d) Israel seems like a good idea.
2. How long are they kept in prison?
(a) 3 months.
(b) An entire year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 8 months.
3. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
(b) Only Alicia wants to return.
(c) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
(d) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
4. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
(a) Spending time with the beekeeper.
(b) Her mother's thriving health.
(c) Having dinner and spending time with Manka.
(d) Taking dance lessons with Manka.
5. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
(a) Two other people.
(b) Three other people.
(c) She is alone in her room.
(d) Four other people.
6. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Manka and her family.
(b) Only Manka.
(c) Mikel's family.
(d) Danny and Bella.
7. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
8. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
(a) They actually do not have any sympathy for the Jews.
(b) The Ukrainians were now targeting the Jews, causing the Poles to sympathize.
(c) They realized that they should have worked harder to help the Jews.
(d) The Nazis had turned their attention to the Poles.
9. As she walks around the resort, what does she realize?
(a) She would like to meet a man to spend her life with.
(b) She is confused about what she should do for the rest of her life.
(c) She will not have to struggle for food.
(d) She wants to spend time getting to know her roomates.
10. What does Alicia believe of her father?
(a) He was a loving father.
(b) Had he lived, her mother would have survived.
(c) He should have fought harder to stay with her and her family.
(d) He was a strong, proud, successful Jewish man.
11. Who does Alicia "adopt" and spend a large amount of time with?
(b) Danny, Bella's son.
12. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
13. What causes Alicia to become reunited with her mother's cousin?
(a) A toothache.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) A bad cold.
(d) A bout of dysentery.
14. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
(a) Other Jews that survived.
(b) Family members that survived.
(c) Being a servant in the house of rich people.
(d) Work on farms.
15. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
(a) He is attracted to Alicia.
(b) She wanted to give her mother a proper Jewish burial.
(c) He enjoys working with children.
(d) She wants everyone to have a Jewish burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does she meet in the marketplace?
2. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
3. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
4. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
5. What does this news cause Alicia to do?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)