|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
2. What did Sophie want Alicia to give up?
(a) Her work with the orphans.
(b) Her dreams of moving to America.
(c) Her work with the Brecha.
(d) Her dreams of moving to Israel.
3. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She give him a new hat.
(b) She gives him food for the season.
(c) She gives him nice clothing.
(d) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
4. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
(c) She begins having seizures.
5. Who does she meet in the marketplace?
(a) Mrs. Tabb.
(b) Mr. Traub.
(c) Mr. Tabb.
(d) Mrs. Traub.
6. While in prison, how are they treated?
(a) They are given food and clothing, but tortured.
(c) They are treated like other prisoners.
(d) Very harshly, they are starved and tortured for information.
7. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
(a) Other Jews that survived.
(b) Family members that survived.
(c) Work on farms.
(d) Being a servant in the house of rich people.
8. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
(a) A Ukrainian boy likes her very much.
(b) That she is going to turn Alicia in for being Jewish.
(c) That other villagers are mad she is working in their village.
(d) All in the village knew that Alicia and her mother were Jewish.
9. Where does she stay in between trips?
(a) She stays with Sophie.
(b) With Bella.
(c) She stays with Peppa, a fellow worker.
(d) She lives with her mother's cousin.
10. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
11. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
(a) She wishes to collect the money that she thinks is rightly hers.
(b) She hopes to create her own factory and wants to see how her father's was run.
(c) To see if she can reclaim what is rightful hers and her family's.
(d) She wants to rememeber what life what like before the war.
12. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
(a) A mother-daughter type relationship.
(b) Sophie is like an aunt to Alicia.
(c) A sisterly relationship.
(d) A close friendship.
13. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) Get Alicia a job.
(b) They search for all of her family's graves.
(c) Create a school for children.
(d) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
14. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
15. How was Benjamin injured?
(a) A land mine blew his leg off.
(b) He was shot in the arm.
(c) Shot in the leg.
(d) A bomb exploded in his bunker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must she admit to the Ukrainians who find her hide out?
2. Why doesn't Alicia take the opportunity to go to America that she is offered?
3. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
4. On what becomes her final transport, who does Alicia have trouble moving?
5. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)