|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing her old friend, where do Bronia and Alicia go?
(a) To see the city.
(b) To see the destruction of the city.
(c) To look for food.
(d) To see Bronia's family.
2. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
(a) Milek's grave at the Jewish semetary.
(b) Her uncle's farm.
(c) Her father's factory.
(d) Alicia's mother's grave.
3. Why is Alicia given thousands of rubles?
(a) An important figure in the Ukrainian government falls in love with Alicia.
(b) She wins the lottery in Chernovtsy.
(c) She gains an admirer.
(d) The Jews of Chernovtsy are thankful that she kept their secrets of the black market.
4. How were these people disguised?
(a) As sailors.
(b) As young children.
(c) As women.
(d) As salesmen.
5. When Alicia visits with Benjamin, what does she talk to him about?
(a) She tells him stories of her family.
(b) She makes up stories to tell him.
(c) Her friend Milek.
(d) Traveling away from Poland.
6. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She give him a new hat.
(b) She gives him food for the season.
(c) She gives him nice clothing.
(d) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
7. Who does she meet in the marketplace?
(a) Mrs. Tabb.
(b) Mr. Traub.
(c) Mrs. Traub.
(d) Mr. Tabb.
8. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
(a) She hopes to create her own factory and wants to see how her father's was run.
(b) She wishes to collect the money that she thinks is rightly hers.
(c) To see if she can reclaim what is rightful hers and her family's.
(d) She wants to rememeber what life what like before the war.
9. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
(a) He wants to move to Palestine.
(b) He wants to go to America.
(c) He hopes to go to Spain.
(d) Israel seems like a good idea.
10. Why did Alicia decide to go visit Benjamin?
(a) Benjamin lost his leg and needs his spirits lifted.
(b) She wants to help him with his work for Jewish orphans.
(c) She hears of the young boy's angst over the loss of his fiance.
(d) He lost his family, so he is very sad.
11. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
(a) They want to forget the war happened.
(b) They are scared to gather together.
(c) They are overcome with grief.
(d) They could not openly share their grief or they felt guilt about surviving.
12. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
(a) Coeur des Alpes.
(b) Hotel Bristol.
(c) Villa Sassa Hotel.
(d) Hotel Straubinger.
13. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
(a) She could come by the house to get food for her and her mother.
(b) Take clothes.
(c) He does not welcome her.
(d) Stay at his home, but Alicia's mother cannot stay.
14. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) Create a school for children.
(b) They search for all of her family's graves.
(c) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
(d) Get Alicia a job.
15. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
(a) They will get her papers for travel to America.
(b) She will make a lot of money.
(c) They would take care of the orphans and transport them Israel.
(d) They will transport her to Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Alicia is allowed to return to Buczacz, what is her health like?
2. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
3. In Chernovtsy, who does Alicia reunite with?
4. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
5. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)