|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else was involved in the black market?
(a) The Blieners.
2. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
(a) Killed in a concentration camp.
(b) Killed in a Russian prison.
(c) He is killed by a Nazi bullet.
(d) His friend is killed by the land mine.
3. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
(c) She begins having seizures.
4. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
(a) The Nazis had turned their attention to the Poles.
(b) They realized that they should have worked harder to help the Jews.
(c) The Ukrainians were now targeting the Jews, causing the Poles to sympathize.
(d) They actually do not have any sympathy for the Jews.
5. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
(a) Working for a rich family.
(b) Working in a POW camp.
(c) Working in a family market.
(d) Working in Bella's resturant.
6. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
(b) She gives him nice clothing.
(c) She give him a new hat.
(d) She gives him food for the season.
7. What does this person confirm for her?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) That the war is over.
(c) Her brother's death.
(d) That she will need to go back to Buczacz.
8. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
(a) She wants everyone to have a Jewish burial.
(b) He enjoys working with children.
(c) She wanted to give her mother a proper Jewish burial.
(d) He is attracted to Alicia.
9. Why is Alicia given thousands of rubles?
(a) An important figure in the Ukrainian government falls in love with Alicia.
(b) She gains an admirer.
(c) She wins the lottery in Chernovtsy.
(d) The Jews of Chernovtsy are thankful that she kept their secrets of the black market.
10. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
(b) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(c) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
(d) Only Alicia wants to return.
11. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
(a) She agrees to go to prison in their place.
(b) She gives away all of her money and earnings.
(c) She lets them take some of her transports to prison.
(d) She decides to forge papers to get them through the border.
12. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
(a) Israel seems like a good idea.
(b) He wants to go to America.
(c) He wants to move to Palestine.
(d) He hopes to go to Spain.
13. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
(a) One of her childhood friends has news of her youngest brother.
(b) A Jewish tailor who tells her of the massacre of Jewish men.
(c) A Jewish banker that knew her father.
(d) A Jewish salesman that hired her brother for a summer.
14. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
(a) A way to get to Israel without getting caught.
(b) Their own town for the Jews to hide in.
(c) Their own army.
(d) Resistance forces.
15. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
(a) All in the village knew that Alicia and her mother were Jewish.
(b) That other villagers are mad she is working in their village.
(c) A Ukrainian boy likes her very much.
(d) That she is going to turn Alicia in for being Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alicia visits with Benjamin, what does she talk to him about?
2. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
3. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
4. What does this news cause Alicia to do?
5. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)