|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Manka and her family.
(b) Only Manka.
(c) Mikel's family.
(d) Danny and Bella.
2. What event results in Alicia's mother's death?
(a) Her mother is unable to get to into a bunker hiding place and is killed.
(b) The Germans broke through Russian lines and retake Buczacz.
(c) Alicia wants to leave and go to Israel.
(d) Her mother commits suicide.
3. Why doesn't Alicia take the opportunity to go to America that she is offered?
(a) She decides she might need to go somewhere else first.
(b) She wants to go on her own accord.
(c) She wants to stay in the Ukraine.
(d) It does not feel like the right time to go to America.
4. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
5. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
(a) A Jewish salesman that hired her brother for a summer.
(b) A Jewish tailor who tells her of the massacre of Jewish men.
(c) One of her childhood friends has news of her youngest brother.
(d) A Jewish banker that knew her father.
6. What happens to many of the Jews who return?
(a) They return to ruined businesses.
(b) They are murdered by Poles for trying to take their property back.
(c) They are given their property and businesses back.
(d) Many Jews do not return.
7. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
(a) A beach village in Southern France.
(b) The hot climate of Spain.
(c) A resort in the Swiss Alps.
(d) A resort in the Austrian Alps.
8. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
(b) She gives him nice clothing.
(c) She gives him food for the season.
(d) She give him a new hat.
9. When Alicia visits with Benjamin, what does she talk to him about?
(a) Traveling away from Poland.
(b) She makes up stories to tell him.
(c) Her friend Milek.
(d) She tells him stories of her family.
10. What does this news cause Alicia to do?
(a) She feels numb.
(b) Grieve for her father again.
(c) Lie to her mother about her father's status.
(d) Fight harder to survive the winter.
11. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
(a) Killed in a concentration camp.
(b) He is killed by a Nazi bullet.
(c) Killed in a Russian prison.
(d) His friend is killed by the land mine.
12. On what becomes her final transport, who does Alicia have trouble moving?
(a) Five young children.
(b) Two pregnant Jewish women.
(c) Three Russian Jewish army officers.
(d) Four German Jewish business men.
13. Who else was involved in the black market?
(b) The Blieners.
14. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
(c) She begins having seizures.
15. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(b) Only Alicia wants to return.
(c) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
(d) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alicia decide to go visit Benjamin?
2. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
3. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
4. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
5. While in prison, how are they treated?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)