|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Danny and Bella.
(b) Mikel's family.
(c) Manka and her family.
(d) Only Manka.
2. What did Sophie want Alicia to give up?
(a) Her work with the Brecha.
(b) Her work with the orphans.
(c) Her dreams of moving to America.
(d) Her dreams of moving to Israel.
3. While in prison, how are they treated?
(a) They are given food and clothing, but tortured.
(b) They are treated like other prisoners.
(c) Very harshly, they are starved and tortured for information.
4. Where does she stay in between trips?
(a) She lives with her mother's cousin.
(b) She stays with Sophie.
(c) She stays with Peppa, a fellow worker.
(d) With Bella.
5. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(b) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
(c) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
(d) Only Alicia wants to return.
6. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She learns that Milek has died.
(b) She is told she must immediately leave because Jewish Poles are still being trageted.
(c) Benjamin has killed herself.
(d) She discovers her youngest brother died.
7. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
(a) Because they are caught stealing from the marketplace.
(b) Because of Bronia's involvement in the black market.
(c) They disrespect two officers.
(d) They were transporting people illegally.
8. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) They search for all of her family's graves.
(b) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
(c) Get Alicia a job.
(d) Create a school for children.
9. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
(a) Working in a family market.
(b) Working in Bella's resturant.
(c) Working in a POW camp.
(d) Working for a rich family.
10. Who does Alicia "adopt" and spend a large amount of time with?
(a) Danny, Bella's son.
11. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
(a) A mother-daughter type relationship.
(b) Sophie is like an aunt to Alicia.
(c) A close friendship.
(d) A sisterly relationship.
12. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
(a) They actually do not have any sympathy for the Jews.
(b) The Ukrainians were now targeting the Jews, causing the Poles to sympathize.
(c) The Nazis had turned their attention to the Poles.
(d) They realized that they should have worked harder to help the Jews.
13. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
(a) Spending time with the beekeeper.
(b) Her mother's thriving health.
(c) Taking dance lessons with Manka.
(d) Having dinner and spending time with Manka.
14. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She gives him food for the season.
(b) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
(c) She gives him nice clothing.
(d) She give him a new hat.
15. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person confirm for her?
2. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
3. How was Benjamin injured?
4. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
5. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)