|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
(a) Stay at his home, but Alicia's mother cannot stay.
(b) He does not welcome her.
(c) Take clothes.
(d) She could come by the house to get food for her and her mother.
2. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
(a) Two other people.
(b) She is alone in her room.
(c) Four other people.
(d) Three other people.
3. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) Milek resuces her again.
(b) She runs back to her hometown village.
(c) She hides in a river bank.
(d) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
4. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) They search for all of her family's graves.
(b) Get Alicia a job.
(c) Create a school for children.
(d) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
5. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
(b) She begins having seizures.
6. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
(a) A close friendship.
(b) A mother-daughter type relationship.
(c) Sophie is like an aunt to Alicia.
(d) A sisterly relationship.
7. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Manka and her family.
(b) Danny and Bella.
(c) Mikel's family.
(d) Only Manka.
8. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
(a) She threatens to kill them all.
(b) She promises to work for them for free.
(c) She threatens to curse them.
(d) She swears that there are no Jews living in her house.
9. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
10. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
11. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
(a) The hot climate of Spain.
(b) A resort in the Austrian Alps.
(c) A resort in the Swiss Alps.
(d) A beach village in Southern France.
12. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
(a) He wants to go to America.
(b) He wants to move to Palestine.
(c) He hopes to go to Spain.
(d) Israel seems like a good idea.
13. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
(a) She was forced to sleep on the floor.
(b) Having to stay hidden while she sleeps.
(c) Overly cramped houses and rooms.
(d) Having nowhere to sleep.
14. Why does Alicia leave the Brecha sad?
(a) She does not want to leave her job.
(b) Because she has lost all of her money saved for education.
(c) She will miss all the people she worked with.
(d) She is leaving her new love interest behind.
15. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
(a) They are scared to gather together.
(b) They could not openly share their grief or they felt guilt about surviving.
(c) They want to forget the war happened.
(d) They are overcome with grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
2. What must she admit to the Ukrainians who find her hide out?
3. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
4. What event results in Alicia's mother's death?
5. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)