|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must she admit to the Ukrainians who find her hide out?
(a) She is not Ukrainian.
(b) She is hiding other Jews.
(c) She is Jewish.
(d) She has stolen a lot of food from them.
2. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
(a) A sisterly relationship.
(b) Sophie is like an aunt to Alicia.
(c) A mother-daughter type relationship.
(d) A close friendship.
3. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
(a) Coeur des Alpes.
(b) Hotel Bristol.
(c) Hotel Straubinger.
(d) Villa Sassa Hotel.
4. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
(a) The organizers of the Brecha.
(b) Avi and Jacob.
(c) Ursula and Brenna.
5. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
(a) Having nowhere to sleep.
(b) Having to stay hidden while she sleeps.
(c) Overly cramped houses and rooms.
(d) She was forced to sleep on the floor.
6. What does Alicia believe of her father?
(a) Had he lived, her mother would have survived.
(b) He was a strong, proud, successful Jewish man.
(c) He was a loving father.
(d) He should have fought harder to stay with her and her family.
7. While in prison, how are they treated?
(a) They are given food and clothing, but tortured.
(b) They are treated like other prisoners.
(d) Very harshly, they are starved and tortured for information.
8. Why did Alicia decide to go visit Benjamin?
(a) Benjamin lost his leg and needs his spirits lifted.
(b) She wants to help him with his work for Jewish orphans.
(c) He lost his family, so he is very sad.
(d) She hears of the young boy's angst over the loss of his fiance.
9. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
(a) The beautiful scenery.
(b) Her inability to get better quickly.
(c) The freedom to go anywhere she wants.
(d) She cannot decide what to do with her life.
10. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Mikel's family.
(b) Only Manka.
(c) Manka and her family.
(d) Danny and Bella.
11. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
(a) Taking dance lessons with Manka.
(b) Her mother's thriving health.
(c) Spending time with the beekeeper.
(d) Having dinner and spending time with Manka.
12. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
(a) He is killed by a Nazi bullet.
(b) His friend is killed by the land mine.
(c) Killed in a concentration camp.
(d) Killed in a Russian prison.
13. When Alicia visits with Benjamin, what does she talk to him about?
(a) She makes up stories to tell him.
(b) She tells him stories of her family.
(c) Traveling away from Poland.
(d) Her friend Milek.
14. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
(a) He is attracted to Alicia.
(b) She wants everyone to have a Jewish burial.
(c) He enjoys working with children.
(d) She wanted to give her mother a proper Jewish burial.
15. As she walks around the resort, what does she realize?
(a) She will not have to struggle for food.
(b) She is confused about what she should do for the rest of her life.
(c) She would like to meet a man to spend her life with.
(d) She wants to spend time getting to know her roomates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
2. What does the group promise her in return for her service?
3. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
4. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
5. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)