|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-Epilogue: School in Belgium; Coming Home; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(b) They thought he was a pervert.
(c) They thought what he had was contagious.
(d) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
2. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
(a) They are scared to gather together.
(b) They want to forget the war happened.
(c) They could not openly share their grief or they felt guilt about surviving.
(d) They are overcome with grief.
3. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
4. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
(a) That all her brothers have died.
(b) That her father is definitely dead.
(c) That all of her family has died.
(d) That she is sick with the flu.
5. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her youngest brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
2. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
3. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
4. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
5. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)